[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, ColonelVInnie said:

I could just be blind, but I cannot figure out what SLW in engagement options mean.

Hi it's a bit of a misnomer really, SLW = ship or sub launched weapon = torpedoes or similar devices,  but not missiles, missiles are missiles regardless of the launch platform,  be it a sub 100 meters below the surface or  an aircraft 1000 meters above.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Just now, KSP Bros KS said:

Hey BDAc Team, is it fine to request 13.1 mm and 15.1 mm ammo for the ammo box?

Hi, if it exists and is documented somewhere, yes, otherwise it's all a bit sketchy ( as in more sketchy than normal)  . I can't find anything similar on my allegedly complete list of every caliber ever made, close but not those sizes, not even in imperial. So whats it for?

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, if it exists and is documented somewhere, yes, otherwise it's all a bit sketchy ( as in more sketchy than normal)  . I can't find anything similar on my allegedly complete list of every caliber ever made, close but not those sizes, not even in imperial. So whats it for?

German world war 2 weapons.

1 hour ago, Murican_Jeb said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce)

To make it more clear, he means two german weapons: the Mg 131, and the Mg 151/15.

Yeah i got it in the end, process of elimination, so many it can't be , except,  everything i've hunted down states 13×64mmB (0.511" as opposed to 0,515)  for the 131 and 15×96mm for the 151(0.590 as opposed to 0.594) , unless somebody knows (and can provide a source)  different. Is the 0.1 presumed due to the name of the weapons perhaps?

30 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yeah i got it in the end, process of elimination, so many it can't be , except,  everything i've hunted down states 13×64mmB (0.511" as opposed to 0,515)  for the 131 and 15×96mm for the 151(0.590 as opposed to 0.594) , unless somebody knows (and can provide a source)  different. Is the 0.1 presumed due to the name of the weapons perhaps?

The 0.1 was in fact just a naming thing and was rarely used. 13x64 and the 15x96 are the actual numbers needed for the 131 and 151.

The closet thing I can find is 13.2mm here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13.2mm_TuF but it's a rifle round.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Is the 0.1 presumed due to the name of the weapons perhaps?

As far as I can remember the 1 at the end is sort of a "model" designation rather than a calibre measurement, the MG 151 essentially being the Maschinengewehr 15mm model 1. The MG 151 most definitely shot a 15mm round rather than a 15.1mm round.

It should also be noted (for us nitpickers out there...) that the officially correct name for the MG 151 is "MG 151" rather than "MG 151/15", the "15" already being included in the "151" designation and the MG 151/20 only retaining the "151" due to it being a modification or variant of the MG 151 rather than an entirely separate design.

5 hours ago, Toonu said:

This ammo and weapons are added by Aviator Arsenal mod for BDA with this ammo, so maybe you can incorporate this ammo into stock mod @SpannerMonkey(smce)?

But these weapons that @KSP Bros KS made are a new weapons mod. I'm a tester for it.

Don't start asking for ETA's please. You will get slapped in the face with spicy hot potatoes, and trust me, they are pretty rough when they hit you :)

8 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

It should also be noted

Cheers that pretty much confirms pretty much everything i get from the sources.

6 hours ago, Toonu said:

This ammo and weapons are added by Aviator Arsenal mod

Hi don't think that's going to happen as Tetryds has expressed a desire to keep his current balance and carry on using the legacy system. He has spent an obscene amount of time balancing his weapons to period levels of performance, and adoption of the new system would likely change the character and performance. Which in turn would mean going through the whole tedious and frustrating process once more.

On 16/08/2017 at 2:28 PM, KSP Bros KS said:

German world war 2 weapons.

1 hour ago, Murican_Jeb said:

But these weapons that @KSP Bros KS made are a new weapons mod. I'm a tester for it.

In that case as the mod developer they should be finding this information for themselves and then presenting it with the request, otherwise what are they using now? guesstimates??  . The better the info provided the sooner it can happen.

Should bullets do a tiny bit of overheating even if they overpenetrate the part it is hitting?

And no, this is not for tank battles.

So I was using the weapons made from @KSP Bros KS, and the 7.92mm turrets were actually getting LOTS of hits on my engine. The thing is, since they overpenned like that, the engine took no damage (aka it didn't overheat)

But I think if they are going to put hundreds of small sized holes into my engine, the engine would be having problems.

I've seen the note on the first post about CKAN support... But the CKAN entry is pointing to 2.1.2 still, even though the spacedock entry has been updated to 3.0. From quickly scanning github, it seems this was a fix for all the people who wanted to keep using CKAN and KSP 1.2, as it points to an internet-archive download for BDAc2.1.2. So... is there any chance this backwards fix could be... unfixed?

On 8/17/2017 at 7:14 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

In that case as the mod developer they should be finding this information for themselves and then presenting it with the request

I did request already, and what is this information that are you talking about?

5 minutes ago, KSP Bros KS said:

I did request already, and what is this information that are you talking about?

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.-Developer-Documentation

3 hours ago, SpaceCommanderNemo said:

I've seen the note on the first post about CKAN support... But the CKAN entry is pointing to 2.1.2 still, even though the spacedock entry has been updated to 3.0. From quickly scanning github, it seems this was a fix for all the people who wanted to keep using CKAN and KSP 1.2, as it points to an internet-archive download for BDAc2.1.2. So... is there any chance this backwards fix could be... unfixed?

As stated in the OP of this thread, please take any issues with ckan to the ckan thread ... You can find it here:

4 hours ago, SYDWAD said:

anyone know why there is no option to increase render distance in the Alt+B menu?

This is now handled by Physics Range Extender ... PRE is required for BDAc to work correctly

23 minutes ago, OneSmallStepForKerbal said:

Hey, Im having a problem where there is no part called Weapon Manager so that I can arm nukes.  I downloaded 3.0.0, and Version 1.3.0

It is very likely in that case that you have installed the mod incorrectly. Please see  first post of this thread for details the minimum information you will need to supply in order to rectify your issue.

Correct installation path NO EXCEPTIONS   KSP/GameData/BDArmory       No other path is correct or will allow the mod to function correctly .

55 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Could you guys make it so that missiles have fuel? So that they get lighter and more maneuverable as they burn like real missiles do.

Missiles become more maneuverable with time, in order to simulate fuel burning. 

On the other hand modular Missiles don't need to simulate this.

I suggest to add this enhancement proposal to GitHub

Cool, I started an issue on Github for the missile fuel burn request.

Also, why did you take away the Wing Command controls on the Weapons Manager? I was using it to spread out my planes so they don't crash into each other while flying to the competition mode waypoint.

With the addition of penetration and bullet definitions. I've noticed a spike in how much damage a ballistic bullet does to panels of armor.
Here's a video showing the differences 

Spoiler

This can be repeated as I've tested with just a fresh copy of Ksp along with BDAc and PyRX.