[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

I ended up here when looking for an updated version of Camera Tools

The camera tools thread says that it has been rolled into this mod  

" this mod now continues and updates in BDArmory thread"

I don't see any reference to it except in the titles, and I installed BDArmory continued and camera tools  doesn't seem to be in there.

Im a bit lost

???

4 minutes ago, Wingnutt said:

I ended up here when looking for an updated version of Camera Tools

The camera tools thread says that it has been rolled into this mod  

" this mod now continues and updates in BDArmory thread"

I don't see any reference to it except in the titles, and I installed BDArmory continued and camera tools  doesn't seem to be in there.

Im a bit lost

???

In the OP of this thread there is a link to Camera Tools located in the BDAc Family Mod links spoiler

49 minutes ago, Zawrotek98 said:

I've got a small [huge] problem with the targeting pod. when I activate it, the screen appears, but where I should have a vision of my target I have a purple screen. 

Also, all my shots are purple too.

Hi it's either the above problem, or you have installed the incorrect version.

Hi all,

I just published a new release of the Modular Missile Parts for BDArmory:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts/releases/tag/v1.1

v1.1

• Adding the Mk1 Launch tube for Modular missiles (Thanks SpannerMonkey!)

If you want to know how the tube looks like, you can watch this video I recorded some weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Jhorriga said:

I have 3 fighters on the runway in a diamond formation. How do I make them fly together (Fly as a squadron)?

By using Wing Commander (a module in BDAc)

My suggestion for you is to start up the game, load a save or start a new game and then open the KSPedia where you will find our BDPedia ... read, learn and rejoice in the knowledge that reading the instruction manual will bring you :)

And if you are unable to read then you can watch this video in which Wing Commander is used: 

Could i ask few questions ?

1) If i set laser point or GPS coordination, then fly with wing of fighters/bombers equiped with laser/gps guided missile, will they even try to fire with guard + AI pilot mode ? It looks like no.

2) If i have missiles (whateever guidenance type) in cargo bay ( In cargo bay: true ), will the guard mode be able to open the bay itself ? Will he even try to fire ?

3) I have a bit problem with firing missiles mannualy. I set trigger on, (trigger time 0,1s)  and hold mouse button, somethimes if fires, somethimes not. Any fix ? Will decreasing trigger time help ?

On 8/30/2017 at 1:37 PM, NotAnAimbot said:

Is there a way for the guard mode AI to switch between targets once a missile is fired? That capability is mentioned in the wiki, but I've yet to see it happen on my vessels with multiple radars.

Where is that mentioned in which wiki (I may have to correct it then)?

Short answer: in theory yes, in practice no.

Longer answer: yes, the AI will re-evaluate and switch targets every "scan interval seconds", as set with the guard mode slider. So it could fire, and then some seconds later switches to a different one. In practice though the re-evaluation will most likely result in the same target still being considered the highest priority one, so it will continue targeting it (even though a missile my already be underway).

We will definitely improve guard mode behaviour in future versions, also to make it take advantage of multi-lock radar capabilities...

4 hours ago, Penkover said:

2) If i have missiles (whateever guidenance type) in cargo bay ( In cargo bay: true ), will the guard mode be able to open the bay itself ? Will he even try to fire ?

Yes, the guard mode will open the bay and drop the bombs. I had two medium bombers succsefuly go on a bombing run

4 hours ago, Penkover said:

3) I have a bit problem with firing missiles mannualy. I set trigger on, (trigger time 0,1s)  and hold mouse button, somethimes if fires, somethimes not. Any fix ? Will decreasing trigger time help ?

In the editor, you have to set an action group on the weapon manager that says "Fire Missle"

12 hours ago, Penkover said:

Did you make sure you set the weapon manager to "armed"?

Like @Murican_Jeb said, you can also set it to an AG so you don't have to arm it.

11 hours ago, TheDog said:

Where is that mentioned in which wiki (I may have to correct it then)?

Locking Multiple Targets Edit

If the radar part is capable, or if multiple radars are data-linked, more than one target can be locked at the same time. Forward facing radars may have a limited field of view around the active locked target in which it can lock other targets.

Once multiple targets have been locked, they can be cycled through with the Cycle Lock button, in order to designate which target missiles or turrets should track. The targets will automatically be cycled once a missile is fired, so it is possible to rapidly launch missiles at multiple targets.

link

iaq7nfe.png

5 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Welcome to the BDArmory WikiEdit

This wiki is incomplete. Please see the in-game KSPedia for issues with BD Armory instead.

BDArmory is a mod for Kerbal Space Program that adds weapons, AI, detection/tracking systems, countermeasures, etc. With the mod, you can create war machines and pit them against each other, set up bases and attack/defend, or just blow things up.

You can discuss BDArmory and find download information on the KSP Forums.

BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTION ON THE WIKI Edit

Remember that the wiki is officially considered, for all essential purposes, defunct - all relevant information about the mod is already ingame in the form of KSPedia (KSPedia can be opened by clicking the book icon in game). If you have any questions related to the mod, you cannot rely on the Wiki (there are no active users here since all important information was placed in the game). Instead, ask in the KSP Forum thread or, in the case of more complex technical problems, report your issues on BDArmory's Github repository
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red highlight/underline my emphasis ... Although the capability is there, as my friend mentioned above, in theory yes it is possible but in practice not so much

Wow, that wiki has greatly evolved despite being flagged as defunct - someone put lots of work into describing targeting, radars and missiles.

I added a small sentence about guard mode not utilizing multi-lock atm.

20 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

In the editor, you have to set an action group on the weapon manager that says "Fire Missle"

Thats what am trying to avoid. Maybe i really didnt have trigger armed ( but i am sure i had) or guard on...

Nevermind. 

I ll be more happy if someone answer number 1)

On 31. 8. 2017 at 1:27 PM, Penkover said:

1) If i set laser point or GPS coordination, then fly with wing of fighters/bombers equiped with laser/gps guided missile, will they even try to fire with guard + AI pilot mode ? It looks like no.

+ 4) On wikia AND on KSP pedia writes only about firing interval ( W. Manager settings) but i have also "burst lengh" slider. What does it do, and is function of "firing int." changed?

My theory:

Burst lengh= firing time

Fire interval = time betweem burst 

Old version : fire int/2 = burst lengh.           which is no more active

Edited by Penkover
because i want

45 minutes ago, Penkover said:

My theory:

Burst lengh= firing time

Fire interval = time betweem burst 

Old version : fire int/2 = burst lengh.           which is no more active

Almost fully correct, I have updated Wikia.

Fire interval = scan interval for target selection. Every n seconds the situation is re-evaluated and a target picked.

Burst length: if a gun is selected, how long does it fire on the Target. FireInterval - BurstLength = cool down time (no firing).

If zero, old logic of half/half applies.

And answering your #1: guard mode only knows to attack vessels as targets, it will never just fire on a GPS coordinate.

Having one craft designate the GPS Target and another firing on it technically works, but guard mode is not aware it can do that (basically guard mode is a selfish "every man on his own" implementation...)

Edited by TheDog

Two things BDA could use.

1. A way to turn off the AI pilot from the GUI instead of having to right click directly on the module. Some plane builders choose to bury it inside the plane so it can't be easily accessed.

2. An AI landing mode for planes. MechJeb's SpacePlane Guidance hasn't been updated in forever and unless the plane is a very long way away from KSC it'll come in at any angle, put gear down then fly across the runway and try to circle back around. Its maneuvering is very herky-jerky, like it's hitting the controls full on and full off. It doesn't control the throttle or brakes either, all it does is (poorly) circle around to try aiming at the runway, put it onto a glideslope and leave it to you to attempt to get it set down without crashing.

With the way BDA can smoothly fly planes to their limits, I don't see why it shouldn't be possible for it to line up with the runway from any distance-altitude then bring the plane in to a smooth touchdown and stop. The cherry on top would be to have it carefully taxi off the runway to make way for more planes to land.

Edited by Galane