[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

19 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@lttito regarding your log, it's empty there are no errors relating to anything, which is very odd,  looking at the flight section of the log shows though that as far as the games concerned you have no weapons fitted or engines,  that is if the craft shown are the ones built in the VAB not previously built.    This was a brand new install?  of KSP and BDA/PRE?  If so go to the main KSP folder find and delete your PartDatabase.cfg and then try again .  Could you also try a new download of BDAc, as there are no log errors to speak of, it just leaves the more unusual ways things can break as possibilities

KSP is a brand new install with just downloaded mods. I've donwloaded BDA (BDArmory.0.3.0.0_07282017.zip) and PhysicsRangeExtender (PhysicsRangeExtender.1.4_28052017).

After delete partdatabase i saw that now KSP.log has errors but dont know if they are related or not to the problem. The problem still persist.

Im still thinking that the problem is somehow related to internationalization, but you know more than me for sure :P

Thanks!

@joacobanfield You have installed the source of BDA not the release version of the mod. Please delete  BDArmory-master from your game data, GO HERE

Download and install the correct version which in your case is https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v0.3.0.0/BDArmory.0.3.0.0_07282017.zip

23 minutes ago, lttito said:

KSP is a brand new install with just downloaded mods. I've donwloaded BDA (BDArmory.0.3.0.0_07282017.zip) and PhysicsRangeExtender (PhysicsRangeExtender.1.4_28052017).

After delete partdatabase i saw that now KSP.log has errors but dont know if they are related or not to the problem. The problem still persist.

Im still thinking that the problem is somehow related to internationalization, but you know more than me for sure :P

Thanks!

Not sure what to make of your log ... it is now throwing exceptions for radar and vessel switcher 

I'm a bit baffled as it looks like you're running out of memory by what I am seeing ... the exceptions at the end of the log are showing the same as what I would expect to see if you were running out but you have 16gigs

Are you running 32 bit or 64bit KSP? .... Are you running any other programs on your computer at the same time as KSP?

This is the point at which I would need to see the output.log to get more in depth information on what is going on

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Not sure what to make of your log ... it is now throwing exceptions for radar and vessel switcher 

I'm a bit baffled as it looks like you're running out of memory by what I am seeing ... the exceptions at the end of the log are showing the same as what I would expect to see if you were running out but you have 16gigs

Are you running 32 bit or 64bit KSP? .... Are you running any other programs on your computer at the same time as KSP?

This is the point at which I would need to see the output.log to get more in depth information on what is going on

Well, here it is the output.log of that run. It's the same run as the one where I provided last ksp.log (after deleting partdatabase.cfg). On that one, I used the two planes on scene I already had from last run, so maybe that explains the NREs of said run.

Now I made a new test loading new planes (to be more clear: delete all flights, load 2 of the same planes that can be seen on the screenshot I posted) and these are the KSP.log and the output.log

Im not running out of memory... I have 64 bits installment and as you stated I have 16 gigs. Well, for last run I even closed my web browser where the only tab I had was this thread. :P

I can give you the steps I followed so you can reproduce it, if you want / have time:

1.- Install KSP 64 bits from KSP store.

2. Install Spanish patch from KSP store.

3 Install BDA and PRE

3 1/2 delete partdatabase if you wish

4 Make a stock plane (dont have other parts that arent stock or BDA)(As you only have BDA and PRE putting no stock parts aside from BDA is impossible :D).

5 Add BDA control module, IA module and put a radar and some missiles

6 load 1 plane, activate engine, move to side of landing strip

7 load other plane, activate engine.

8 put planes on different teams with VS mode of BDA

9 push on start competition button

10 result is what you can see on screenshow I previously posted. output and ksp log say nothing.

Also I made 3 more different tests (as a ruby programmer I must test things):

test a) loaded a single plane and with wingman module, select give orders myself and push on take off, after configuring IA module to activate autopilot and clicked on standby mode. Throttle 0%

test b) loaded one plane and clicked on activate autopilot on IA module. Throttle 0%

test c) loaded two more planes: the 2 same planes as depicted on screenshot but one with a wheesley J-33 and the other with a Whiplash J-x4. So I have on scene 4 planes, 1 with J-33, 1 with J-X4 and 2 with J-404 panther. Starting competition makes the 2 planes that havent the J-404 to run normally (100% throttle). Other 2 kept on 0% throttle. You can see 2 screenshots I made on imgur album

test d) loaded one plane, started to fly by myself, and then activate autopilot on midair. Autopilot puts throttle to 0% and tries to pilot the plane, but with 0 throttle plane ended crashing on ground.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to fully explain the testbed I have so someone can reproduce this (and find a solution :))

Thanks!

Edited by lttito
fixed usual typos on post

@lttito - That is fantastic .... what you just explained clarified the issue for me :)

I will sit down and take a closer look now that I have concise reproduction steps although I my spidey senses are tingling and I have an idea as to what may be happening ... Imma do some diggin and get back to you shortly 

@lttito - So for some reason I am unable to access my KSP store account, however I think I have a solid idea as to what is happening 

The AI pilot has the ability to switch between wet and dry mode. When the AI polls for the engines on the craft and see's a J-404 Panther it knows it has control of a Panther ... However, I suspect that the spanish language pack changed the name of the engine to J-404 Pantera (Pantera being the Spanish word for Panther) which means the AI pilot won't see it as it doesn't recognise the name hence why the pilot cannot control it

I could be completely off but I think that this is a reasonable explanation for what you are experiencing

Could you open an issue on our github explaining everything you mentioned above so that the team has it :) ... We use the Github issues tracker to keep track of things like this as it is easy for a post to get buried here on the forum

Here's the link: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

3 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@lttito - So for some reason I am unable to access my KSP store account, however I think I have a solid idea as to what is happening 

The AI pilot has the ability to switch between wet and dry mode. When the AI polls for the engines on the craft and see's a J-404 Panther it knows it has control of a Panther ... However, I suspect that the spanish language pack changed the name of the engine to J-404 Pantera (Pantera being the Spanish word for Panther) which means the AI pilot won't see it as it doesn't recognise the name hence why the pilot cannot control it

I could be completely off but I think that this is a reasonable explanation for what you are experiencing

Could you open an issue on our github explaining everything you mentioned above so that the team has it :) ... We use the Github issues tracker to keep track of things like this as it is easy for a post to get buried here on the forum

Does BDAc read the display names, file names or internal names of the parts? The display names shouldn't matter at all. File names should only matter for mods or cfg files that need to specify a fully defined path.

The filename for the Panther is jetEngineAfterburning.cfg, its display name is J-404 "Panther" Afterburning Turbofan but its internal name is

PART
{
    name = turboJet

SQUAD had been changing the paths and file names (and they've changed many display names) on batches of parts with every release, but kept the internal names for most parts. If they changed an internal name that definitely would break things for mods that use them. Having three names for every part can get complicated, but it allows for display and file names to be changed without breaking mods and crafts, if the mods only reference the internal names.

What would have been nice several releases ago is for SQUAD to have decided to 'rationalize' the internal names to be more like the file and display names. The J-X4 "Whiplash" Turbo Ramjet Engine's file name is jetEngineTurbo.cfg Its internal name is turboFanEngine but it's not at all a turbofan type of engine.

38 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

I've just created an issue on GitHub.

The name displayed in spanish is Turbofan de Postcombustión J-404 "Panther", so is not translated.

XUEEhnB.png

I made another test with 4 J-20 Juno and it works flawlessly. I will make a test with a goliath and post the results

Edited by lttito

10 minutes ago, Galane said:

Does BDAc read the display names, file names or internal names of the parts?

A little from column A, a little from column B and a little from column C ... It all depends on where in the code you are looking

16 minutes ago, Galane said:

The display names shouldn't matter at all. File names should only matter for mods or cfg files that need to specify a fully defined path

Depending on the code used in any given plugin, this is not necessarily true

1 minute ago, lttito said:

I've just created an issue on GitHub.

The name displayed in spanish is Turbofan de Postcombustión J-404 "Panther", so is not translated.

XUEEhnB.png

I made another test with 4 J-20 Juno and it works flawlessly. I will make a test with a goliath and post the results

Thanx, that is a tremendous help

I expect any engine that has only one mode to work fine ... There is code in the AI Pilot that specifically targets multimode engines and what I think is happenning is that code is looking for a string that the spanish localization has changed which causes that portion of the AI pilot code to not recognize the Panther

Now that it is up on Github the team will be better able to address the issue :)

Having a look at the code, this line keeps my attention: (line 127 of file  BDArmory/BDArmory/Control/BDAirspeedControl.cs):

if (mme && mme.mode != engines.Current.engineID) continue;

Maybe on spanish the mode is not Wet /Dry but Húmedo/Seco and as the engineID is Wet/Dry it always makes the sentence true and then executes continue.

Problem is I dont know how to obtain engineID translated.

Cheers!

40 minutes ago, lttito said:

Having a look at the code, this line keeps my attention: (line 127 of file  BDArmory/BDArmory/Control/BDAirspeedControl.cs):

if (mme && mme.mode != engines.Current.engineID) continue;

Maybe on spanish the mode is not Wet /Dry but Húmedo/Seco and as the engineID is Wet/Dry it always makes the sentence true and then executes continue.

Problem is I dont know how to obtain engineID translated.

Cheers!

That is another thing I was thinking could be a possible cause ... the AI is looking for a 'mode' but in the right click menu that word has probably been changed to Spanish

One of our code guru's is looking into this issue as we speak ... We should have a better idea of what is up in short order

This actually bring to mind that all of the localization packs will be doing this in their respective languages ... definitely a gremlin to be quashed

I got it working and staged some pretty awesome dogfigts...but I can't get two ground based weapons to shoot each other. Any ideas? I have ammo, weapon manager and AI pilot on the things. 

They do point their weapon at each other if I turn off the AI pilot, but they do not fire. 

Edit: Solved. It was the guns that were out of swivelling range. Sorry.

Edited by joacobanfield

2 minutes ago, joacobanfield said:

I got it working and staged some pretty awesome dogfigts...but I can't get two ground based weapons to shoot each other. Any ideas? I have ammo, weapon manager and AI pilot on the things. 

They do point their weapon at each other if I turn off the AI pilot, but they do not fire. 

Check your gun range, visual range, make sure they have radar, as well as their range to each other. If the physical range exceeds the gun range they won't shoot each other.

33 minutes ago, joacobanfield said:

I have ammo, weapon manager and AI pilot on the things.

For tanks and other ground based weapons you don't need an AI pilot as the pilot is for piloting planes, nothing else

The weapon manager is all you need for weapons to work :)

Hi, i have a quiestion: How do i increase the radar range? When i activate the tws radar it only works up to 20km but not more? Do i need to edit the configuration file or something?

Anyway, great update :)

EDIT: Nevermind. It works now, awesome!:D

Edited by TonyDE

While I was making a tank for no good reason, I noticed some things.

1) DCK doesn't paint 1x1 BDA Armor Plates.

2) When you rotate the base part for an armor plate (Like outside wheel armor for tanks), other parts attached to the plates tend to rotate in random directions, resulting in all sorts of problems.

3) DCK + Night is amazing.

13 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

While I was making a tank for no good reason, I noticed some things.

1) DCK doesn't paint 1x1 BDA Armor Plates.

This will be included in the next DCK update ... coming soon to DCK's thread 

Please note that DCK is not part of BDAc and that I ask all to report issues with DCK in the DCK thread here  or on my Github issues list here ... Thanx :)

19 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

3) DCK + Night is amazing.

Thanx ... Mk2X among others are on their way to being finished :wink:

20 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

2) When you rotate the base part for an armor plate (Like outside wheel armor for tanks), other parts attached to the plates tend to rotate in random directions, resulting in all sorts of problems.

I haven't experienced this although I don't attach things to armor ... could you open an issue on our Github issues page so the team is able to address this :)

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

Hello, my fellow KSP Players, and Hello BDA modder,

I have noticed that my planes do not function properly with the AI. The AI does NOT shoot their gun whilst I can.

This is a problem for me you see, when I have tank battle in the midst with an A-10, the A-10 uses it's missiles and bombs properly but does not use the guns once, even known there is ammo aboard.

This also applies for dogfights, the crafts may shoot missiles at each other but the do not use their guns like dogfight should do. 

So, my dear Modder is there a problem with the mod, or is it a configuration that I have not figured out yet.

Thanks for your time, and thank you for continuing this awesome mod,

Tac

Edited by Tactical
Fixed - when I thought I had ammo in it I did not, it works now! :D sorry for wasting your time, delete as you wish.