[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

20 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

Hi, Seem to be having an issue with the Patriot Missile Launcher. After i fire a missile, i deselect it and select another weapon. However the launcher remains active and doesn't turn off unless i exit back to the tracking station or the space center. Is it a bad install or a bug with the mod?

I'm having this problem with all the turrets that have missiles attached to them. When a turret has a missile and I select that missile in the Weapon Manager, the turret naturally enables itself, but when I choose another (or none) weapon,  the turrent doesn't power down unleast I leave the scene.

On 1/14/2017 at 3:31 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

No .. ALG has no news other than that it needs to be recreated from scratch (and do you really need to post in a large script?)

So it is a hurry up and wait situation as we have none of the original models which makes for a seriously complicated deal of importing the .mu files into various programs in order to just have them compatible with the Unity version that KSP was updated to ... Then the parts need to be imported into Unity (after many hours/days/weeks of screwing around with each part) and configured to work with KSP as it stands now

So don't expect any headway in regards to ALG in the near future ... And please, to all, stop asking (the more you ask, the longer it will take)

I have the files for the parts (.mu, .cfg, etc.)

Ive been floundering about trying to figure out how to make parts ive made work correctly, and well... I cant seem to find much documentation (both wikis arent very complete, and there isnt much on the forums). Is there perhaps more im missing? 

Is there maybe anyone who doesnt mind being pestered with seemingly silly questions from someone who has no idea what theyre doing? Id very much appreciate it, or even a q&a styled thread for quick silly questions.

7 hours ago, USB4 said:

Ive been floundering about trying to figure out how to make parts ive made work correctly, and well... I cant seem to find much documentation (both wikis arent very complete, and there isnt much on the forums). Is there perhaps more im missing? 

Is there maybe anyone who doesnt mind being pestered with seemingly silly questions from someone who has no idea what theyre doing? Id very much appreciate it, or even a q&a styled thread for quick silly questions.

Depends on what you are having issues with @SpannerMonkey(smce) is our resident expert on all things part modeling and we try and put everything we know here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.-Developer-Documentation

A lot will be community knowledge as we are taking over from the original developer, so all of us are sometimes learning how things "should" work :)  You should see BDA parts as almost a reference model, a core set of parts that demonstrate the capabilities that other can extend.  Best to just ask the question or use the issues section https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues 

11 minutes ago, gomker said:

Depends on what you are having issues with @SpannerMonkey(smce) is our resident expert on all things part modeling and we try and put everything we know here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.-Developer-Documentation

A lot will be community knowledge as we are taking over from the original developer, so all of us are sometimes learning how things "should" work :)  You should see BDA parts as almost a reference model, a core set of parts that demonstrate the capabilities that other can extend.  Best to just ask the question or use the issues section https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues 

Thats one of the wikis I looked at. Unfortunately not a lot about modules, transforms etc. Ive been trying to reverse engineer working models using the mu to blender importer but it doesnt have the transform orientations and Im pretty sure something is lost in the act.

As for spanner monkey, ive actually been pestering him a lot already actually. Very helpful. :)

31 minutes ago, USB4 said:

and Im pretty sure something is lost in the act.

Yup there's only so much you can get from an export, as you've noted it messes up all the transforms, and in the case of weapons changes the local rotations into global ones,  and you lose any emitter references.   The package i linked should it import ok  should clear up a lot of your issues

On 12/6/2017 at 3:58 PM, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Hey guys, the torpedoes don't act like torpedoes, they are flying around like missiles that can go into water, and also right now the armor is completely broken, can you guys fix that?

oops ill put that in the issues section, and so far the torpedoes will fly no matter what

Armor and damage overhaul coming soon, JR and I prepping the beta as soon as we polish a few things.

Torpedoes - Spanner and I have been talking about the COM offset for targeting, right now we are re-using the built in Radar targeting methods as a shortcut, it needs its own dedicated targeting routine, thus the odd issues.
Make sure you are setting the engagement type to only "SLW" as well

Two related open issues

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/201

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/22

Edited by gomker

I have a problem: I've been experimenting with the rotary racks, and I cannot get them to work. It might also be a bomb problem; just not sure. Whenever I try to drop a bomb from a rotary bomb rack nothing happens. Trigger armed, pressing the right button, all that jazz. Bomb just sits there. 

16 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

I have a problem: I've been experimenting with the rotary racks, and I cannot get them to work. It might also be a bomb problem; just not sure. Whenever I try to drop a bomb from a rotary bomb rack nothing happens. Trigger armed, pressing the right button, all that jazz. Bomb just sits there. 

Two things to look out for, there is a an "arrow" indicating the orientation of the rack on one end, point that "up".  Also do not use any Symmetry when placing bombs

1 hour ago, gomker said:

Two things to look out for, there is a an "arrow" indicating the orientation of the rack on one end, point that "up".  Also do not use any Symmetry when placing bombs

Oh..... not use symmetry. Ok. Did not know that, thanks.

3 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Have you tried talking to it about philosophy? :wink:

On 10/18/2017 at 9:41 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi , based on the info in your post i would suggest that you check that BDA is correctly installed, as non appearance in game despite loading indicates that BDA is not in fact installed correctly.

BDA must be installed in KSP/GameData and the only acceptable filepath  is KSP/GameData/BDArmory.   KSP/GameData/GameData/BDArmory will not work and is the usual issue  .  which is the result of unzipping the archive into GameData rather than the KSP main folder. 

Oh no worries, I switched it to 1.2 to I not only have access to the Old BDArmory, I have access to my older mods too :)

Maybe everyone already knows how to do this, but I just figured it out for myself, and wanted to share.

MM patch to change the default settings of any part that has BDAI:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[BDModulePilotAI]]:NEEDS[BDArmory]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[BDModulePilotAI]
    {
    %isEnabled = True
    %pilotEnabled = False
    %defaultAltitude = 2000
    %minAltitude = 500
    %steerMult = 8
    %pitchKiAdjust = 0
    %maxSteer = 1
    %steerDamping = 3
    %maxSpeed = 800
    %takeOffSpeed = 90
    %minSpeed = 80
    %idleSpeed = 120
    %maxAllowedGForce = 18
    %maxAllowedAoA = 45
    %standbyMode = False
    }    
}

//Default values for comparison

//isEnabled = True
        //pilotEnabled = False
        //defaultAltitude = 1500
        //minAltitude = 500
        //steerMult = 6
        //pitchKiAdjust = 5
        //maxSteer = 1
        //steerDamping = 3
        //maxSpeed = 325
        //takeOffSpeed = 70
        //minSpeed = 60
        //idleSpeed = 120
        //maxAllowedGForce = 10
        //maxAllowedAoA = 35
        //standbyMode = False

Edited by TheKurgan

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

The BD tab in the construction menu is empty. The parts are there, searched using Search By Manufacturer, Function Search and Tech Level search, but the main tab is empty.

KSP.log please .... You will find it in your main KSP directory

Upload that file to a file sharing site such as DropBox and post the link to it in this thread and we will do our best to assist you :)

There is an apparent bug with burn together. I tried making three boats follow each other in sync. I did everything I thought was necessary (set one as leader and the other two as followers). When it actually came time to do anything the engine throttle for the leader boat doesn't work. The throttle physically won't move. 

Mods I'm using:

BDArmory

CAL

Destruction Effects

KerbalFoundries

KSPWheel

Physics Range Extender

VesselMover

Here is the log if it's any use to you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfflfl1jizmhhcu/KSP.log?dl=0

All right boys and girls the latest and greatest preview of our next release is starting today

This newest release is a complete re-write of the damage, explosive and ballistic code. New Health system is no longer rooted in temperature and heat.
All the details are in the thread above, please do not report issues or questions about any beta in this thread. 

This is beta - things will break, things will not work. We suggest you always test in a separate install to avoid any problems that could corrupt saves or ships.

*** Not all Weapon Packs will work ***

Bullet and weapon configurations are changing , I have made an effort to reach out to all weapon pack makers that are still around and they are updating and testing with the team. Spanner has allowed me to preview his updates which are compatible with this new version. 

Just to clarify, are there plans to make certain turrets have their own guard mode AI? Just to make separate CIWS turrets engage different missiles automatically, even when Im shooting at land targets for example.

I know Baha wants to do that eventually - he told it in YouTube comments I think.

Edited by sashan

1 hour ago, sashan said:

Just to clarify, are there plans to make certain turrets have their own guard mode AI? Just to make separate CIWS turrets engage different missiles automatically, even when Im shooting at land targets for example.

I know Baha wants to do that eventually - he told it in YouTube comments I think.

I cannot speak for the BDAc team but I know from my own experience thus far multiple active AIs on a single vessel causes strange things to occur. Not sure if they are looking into a way to do this presently. I imagine this would require a HUGE rewrite of the entire code and they've already done massive rewrites, and have basically rebuilt BDA from the ground up. So if they ARE looking into it, I can't imagine it would be anytime soon.

As an aside, your best bet to add this to their list of suggestions would be to go to the issues section of their github and make a feature request there. :)

Edited by XOC2008