[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

10 minutes ago, Andrewwang66 said:

LOG 21:27:24.665] [BDArmory]:SMF-15 Production (SAS) (FJS) launchAuth=True, pilotAut=True, missilesAway/Max=0/1
[ERR 21:27:24.666] Module MissileFire threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at BDArmory.MissileFire.SetCargoBays () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BDArmory.MissileFire.GuardMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BDArmory.MissileFire.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Send me your craft file for the other one, I need to debug that Cargo bay issue.

3 minutes ago, gomker said:

Send me your craft file for the other one, I need to debug that Cargo bay issue.

Craft file is uploaded in KerbalX in the original post, link is here: https://kerbalx.com/Andrewwang66/SMF-15-Production-SAS-FJS

Full log file here by the way: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HCG2qWmAs1L4shRdpzkYkt2cAFmggByY/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Andrewwang66

12 minutes ago, Andrewwang66 said:

Craft file is uploaded in KerbalX in the original post, link is here: https://kerbalx.com/Andrewwang66/SMF-15-Production-SAS-FJS

Full log file here by the way: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HCG2qWmAs1L4shRdpzkYkt2cAFmggByY/view?usp=sharing

Well the good news is that its not the craft. Bad news is not sure why your build and scenario is failing. From what I can tell everything is set the way it should be.

She's a cheeky bugger, need to drop the SteerFactor and up the dampening a bit, but it gets on target. Fired almost immediately after the competition started

Album https://imgur.com/a/hLtLY will appear when post is submitted

It seems it does work, not sure what that error message was about cargo bay, that craft does not seem to have one...

So here is the thing, we are in beta mode right now and so much has been updated it will be hard to track this down, we have a lot of fixes and changes in our dev branch now. 
I know it works with the latest  build, so if you are willing you can try it here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Of course this is experimental and if you are squeamish, then I suggest you wait a bit until we do the final release.

Full Beta notes and Warning here :

3 minutes ago, Andrewwang66 said:

there's a fairing on the jet it refuses to fire.

Cross posted. There is a fix for that in the next build I believe (https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/pull/401)

Before I launched I popped that fairing off by accident, I suppose that is why it worked for me

3 minutes ago, gomker said:

Well the good news is that its not the craft. Bad news is not sure why your build and scenario is failing. From what I can tell everything is set the way it should be.

She's a cheeky bugger, need to drop the SteerFactor and up the dampening a bit, but it gets on target. Fired almost immediately after the competition started

Album https://imgur.com/a/hLtLY will appear when post is submitted

It seems it does work, not sure what that error message was about cargo bay, that craft does not seem to have one...

So here is the thing, we are in beta mode right now and so much has been updated it will be hard to track this down, we have a lot of fixes and changes in our dev branch now. 
I know it works with the latest  build, so if you are willing you can try it here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Of course this is experimental and if you are squeamish, then I suggest you wait a bit until we do the final release.

Full Beta notes and Warning here :

I'll try the update and thanks for the response. Don't know if you noticed but I posted something just before, there was a fairing on the craft and on version 1.0.0 that's what caused it not to fire, guess you guys fixed that issue so kudos to the team and keep up the hard work.

6 minutes ago, Andrewwang66 said:

I'll try the update and thanks for the response. Don't know if you noticed but I posted something just before,

Yeah, we cross posted.  If you have any issues with the beta build please hit up the beta thread for any issues to report.

Hey, I have an issue sometimes where the AI will try to climb extremely high without noticing a craft below it or trying to go down again. Is there a setting to alleviate this, or is this a known bug or what?

4 hours ago, qzgy said:

Hey, I have an issue sometimes where the AI will try to climb extremely high without noticing a craft below it or trying to go down again. Is there a setting to alleviate this, or is this a known bug or what?

That's been a thing since at least the version before 1.0.0. I've had pairs of jets get in a chase up to flameout altitude. Then they'd fall back down and get to shooting again, or crashing if they'd run out of fuel. Had one once going fast enough to coast up past 70KM.

Sometimes they also refuse to obey the low altitude limit. I made a lightweight drone but it'd nearly always turn tail and smash itself into the ground or ocean, without even trying to launch missiles. I tried many tweaks and modifications, increasing armament too. But for some reason if the opposing team radar locked then first, they'd dive right into the surface without throttling down at 500 meters, or trying to climb until just before impact. Dunno what was wrong with it but I've built other drones with similar armament but plenty more engine power (and the weight that has to go with) that weren't scared of their own shadows.

Hello!

I got problem with "Camera Tools" (I have got latest KSP version and latest "Camera Tools")

The problem is with activating main window ingame. When I press "/" a window appears but looks like out of the screen.

Jc4KyJm.png?1

I see this as no compability with versions, because i don't see mod at stock toolbar.
I tried it with 64x and 32x so I don't know how to solve that. I don't have other mods.

Thanks for help! :)

1 hour ago, Mareczex333 said:

Hello!

I got problem with "Camera Tools" (I have got latest KSP version and latest "Camera Tools")

The problem is with activating main window ingame. When I press "/" a window appears but looks like out of the screen.

Jc4KyJm.png?1

I see this as no compability with versions, because i don't see mod at stock toolbar.
I tried it with 64x and 32x so I don't know how to solve that. I don't have other mods.

Thanks for help! :)

Off the top of my head I suggest try increasing your resolution in game and then opening the Camera Tools window .... without further info I am unable to do much else other than speculate on what is happening in your game

Please help us help you by reading the linked post below where you will find the infomation we need in order to be of any measurable assistance :)

Changing resoultion or UI scale doesn't fixing it. I'm waiting for more steps :)

KSP: 1.3.1.1891 64bit

Problem: Camera Tools doesn't work

Reproduction Steps: Pressing "/" shows little "toolbar" or something like at the screen in my previous post.

Mods Installed:

Camera Tools 1.0.5

Log:

Log

Edited by Mareczex333
format

So I have been using BD for a while and I have installed the most recent version just as it says how, but I am missing a lot of parts, and the logo on the left is just a white box. I cannot identify the problem, so if anyone could help that would be appreciated.

EDIT: Found the issue. I made an account just to ask this so I have no idea how to delete a comment. But hey might as well make it worth your time: thanks for keeping this mod up to date, I have around 600 hours on KSP, and I would say about 350 of them are with BDA.

Edited by Nuclearpigz

1 hour ago, Nuclearpigz said:

So I have been using BD for a while and I have installed the most recent version just as it says how, but I am missing a lot of parts, and the logo on the left is just a white box. I cannot identify the problem, so if anyone could help that would be appreciated.

EDIT: Found the issue. I made an account just to ask this so I have no idea how to delete a comment. But hey might as well make it worth your time: thanks for keeping this mod up to date, I have around 600 hours on KSP, and I would say about 350 of them are with BDA.

Likely either you installed an older BDAc version or you were trying to run with forcing opengl ... glad you found a solution to your issue :)

The easiest cure for tail strikes on takeoff with the BDA AI is to raise the takeoff speed until it doesn't do that. That's combining several V-speed indicators into one, but especially Vr or Vrot which is rotation velocity, the minimum speed at which to lift the nosewheel off the runway. There's also Vmu or minimum unstick velocity, the minimum speed at which the aircraft takes to the air. What it looks like BDA attempts to do is Vrot instantly followed by Vmu when some real aircraft may roll a considerable distance on their rear gear between Vrot and Vmu.

Naturally, taildraggers don't do Vrot, unless that's applicable to first picking up the tail wheel.

Here's a list. https://www.ivao.aero/training/documentation/books/SPP_V_speed.pdf

On 20/12/2017 at 2:20 PM, Mareczex333 said:

Changing resoultion or UI scale doesn't fixing it. I'm waiting for more steps :)

KSP: 1.3.1.1891 64bit

Problem: Camera Tools doesn't work

Reproduction Steps: Pressing "/" shows little "toolbar" or something like at the screen in my previous post.

Mods Installed:

Camera Tools 1.0.5

Log:

Log

So the output log is kind of useless at the moment ... KSP.log please :)

However you listed Camera Tools 1.0.5 which leads me to suspect you are not running the latest version but instead running a version from a couple years ago (KSP v1.0.5 days)

My suggestion is to download CT from @jrodriguez's git repo listed in the BDAc Family mods spoiler in the OP of this thread .... for convenience I am linking it below

https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases

Remove the CT version you have currently installed and then install the apropriate CT version for the KSP version you are playing ... if you still have problems after doing this then let us know and we will be happy to assist you

Hope this helps :)

4 hours ago, Galane said:

The easiest cure for tail strikes on takeoff with the BDA AI is to raise the takeoff speed until it doesn't do that. That's combining several V-speed indicators into one, but especially Vr or Vrot which is rotation velocity, the minimum speed at which to lift the nosewheel off the runway. There's also Vmu or minimum unstick velocity, the minimum speed at which the aircraft takes to the air. What it looks like BDA attempts to do is Vrot instantly followed by Vmu when some real aircraft may roll a considerable distance on their rear gear between Vrot and Vmu.

Naturally, taildraggers don't do Vrot, unless that's applicable to first picking up the tail wheel.

Here's a list. https://www.ivao.aero/training/documentation/books/SPP_V_speed.pdf

yeah i know but i think this is some issue, because sometimes it happen sometimes it is not,  and the weird think is, with another cockpit from another plane this anomaly doesnt happen, they take off normaly

33 minutes ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

yeah i know but i think this is some issue, because sometimes it happen sometimes it is not,  and the weird think is, with another cockpit from another plane this anomaly doesnt happen, they take off normaly

Checked the COM and COL for shifts with different cockpits? What about takeoff weight? A shift in lift or mass or lighter weight could make the plane take off at a lower speed.

Hey Guys, first im really happy with BDA. 
But since 1.3 BDA have some problem.
My Missile can not lift up from turret, track and everything that i attach missile on. But Missile still fire up, it's just like you running but still stay in one place. Can u check it!!

11 hours ago, Nuclearpigz said:

My bullets become sharp spears and just stick into anything they hit. They dont heat up and destroy things. It really lags my game...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nuclearpigz/screenshot/929296461683293231'

I have the physics mod thing linked in OP, but it still doesnt work.