[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

I'm sorry to say this, but this mod is working worse and worse with each release. Missiles dont hit their targets, or do no damage when they do. Planes are now very very resistant to 20mm vulcan cannons, which should just shred them instantly.
AI is just terrible, constantly getting stuck flying forward, or just ignoring enemy position. E.g. Plane 1 has clear position to just move onto Plane 2's six, but it wont, it will turn away getting itself infront on Plane 2's guns, but plane 2 wont use that chance either.
I sent a report on github (https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/142) about that, but no response since. Are you going to work on it? Was that broken by trying to improve AI? Or did it get broken by other features getting updated/modified?

No offense intended, just seeing no updates about AI, no response to report on github. Just wish to know whats going on with all that.

May i make a request for a anti radiation missile like the HARM that is small enough to fit easily in a MK2 cargo bay for anti ship purposes? It doesnt have to be based on any real life missile. Just needs to work and fit in the cargo bay.

3 hours ago, Vladokapuh said:

No offense intended, just seeing no updates about AI, no response to report on github. Just wish to know whats going on with all that.

Still waiting on your logs ... KSP.log and output.log?

Explaining what is happening does very little to help us acertain what is causing the issue

Please run a game and upload logs from a session that this occurs ... if you need clarification on what we need in order to squash this gremlin then please read the OP of this thread where it is clearly explained what we need from you in order to get to the bottom of this issue

No offense intended but it becomes tedious when people demand information or demand that something be fixed when the person complaining hasn't even had the courtesy to read the instruction manual

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion and does not necessarily mean that the rest of the BDAc team feel this way

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Still waiting on your logs ... KSP.log and output.log?

Explaining what is happening does very little to help us acertain what is causing the issue

Please run a game and upload logs from a session that this occurs ... if you need clarification on what we need in order to squash this gremlin then please read the OP of this thread where it is clearly explained what we need from you in order to get to the bottom of this issue

No offense intended but it becomes tedious when people demand information or demand that something be fixed when the person complaining hasn't even had the courtesy to read the instruction manual

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion and does not necessarily mean that the rest of the BDAc team feel this way

Should i post them here, or on github issue (142?).

edit: nvm ill post them on github issue. https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/142

edit2: posted.

Edited by Vladokapuh

is it possible to make "level" system in weapon manager?  to make AI has level, so let say if you have F-22 and F-16 due to lack of tech/part that make F-22 more powerfull than F-16 you can still make F-22 more "smart and fast" when it launch and avoid missile by set its level higher

Edited by DiscoveryPlanet

Would passive radar homing missiles be possible? Or maybe even multi-mode missiles, with both active and passive homing modes, where active homing is only used in the terminal stage or if there's nothing for the passive seeker to lock on to?

Anti-radar (passive radar) exists and is typically used by air-2-ground missiles such as the HARM.

No reason why it cannot work in ground-2-ground or even air-2-air guidance mode.

Combining this with active radar is currently not supported though.

Hey All!

I'm (REALLY) new to BDArmory (continued or otherwise) and I've been trying to get something to work and it hasn't been and I can't figure out why.  Maybe BDA isn't capable?

I'm trying to build a kind of flying fortress, it's got four forward facing Brownign .50cal which it uses just fine, but I've also got a rear facing .50cal turret that it won't use at all.

Well ... that's not technically true.  If I operate it manually, it will work, so I know it works.  But if I go into competition, it won't use it at all, even if the other team's plane is perfectly lined up.

Any help would be appreciated!

The GH-B02-Macaroni

39848114261_fb7896788f_b.jpg

38949154765_7afa6d6e65_b.jpg

6 hours ago, Runescope said:

Well ... that's not technically true.  If I operate it manually, it will work, so I know it works.  But if I go into competition, it won't use it at all, even if the other team's plane is perfectly lined up.

That is a limitation of the current AI pilot.

If you FLY the plane manually and just enable guard mode (but NOT AIPilot), then the gun should be used.

Unfortunately extending the AIPilot piece of code is a massive task, most likely requiring at least a partial rewrite...

Edited by TheDog

BDAc 1.0.0 used turrets just fine on my Angry Gnat. https://kerbalx.com/Galane/Angry-Gnat

It'd fly it around and take shots at other planes and missiles, but not do too well because it's a slow drone. Do the turrets have to initially face forward? Being able to send up a couple of WW2 style bombers with gun turrets all over them and have them try to survive fighter attacks would be very nice.

10 hours ago, Runescope said:

but I've also got a rear facing .50cal turret that it won't use at all.

The answer to the why is partly due to the position you have the turret mounted,  the gun will not fire if obstructed by parts of your craft.  You only have very narrow windows  for the gun to fire through , and a lot of the angles that aircraft will be approaching from are obscured from the guns view

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The answer to the why is partly due to the position you have the turret mounted,  the gun will not fire if obstructed by parts of your craft.  You only have very narrow windows  for the gun to fire through , and a lot of the angles that aircraft will be approaching from are obscured from the guns view

You'd think so with the design, but operating it manually there really is a wide field of fire, surprisingly really.  If I was going to do something fancy, I'd change it for sure though so there is nothing blocking it for sure.

9 hours ago, TheDog said:

That is a limitation of the current AI pilot.

If you FLY the plane manually and just enable guard mode (but NOT AIPilot), then the gun should be used.

Unfortunately extending the AIPilot piece of code is a massive task, most likely requiring at least a partial rewrite...

Ahhh, okay.  So it's not something I'm doing.  Fair enough then.  It'd be nice, but it sounds like it'll be a major pain in the ascii to get it changed.  Maybe have multiple AIPilots and dedicate certain guns to them?  Just a thought. :)

Thanks for the info!

On 1/23/2018 at 2:53 AM, Galane said:

BDAc 1.0.0 used turrets just fine on my Angry Gnat. https://kerbalx.com/Galane/Angry-Gnat

It'd fly it around and take shots at other planes and missiles, but not do too well because it's a slow drone. Do the turrets have to initially face forward? Being able to send up a couple of WW2 style bombers with gun turrets all over them and have them try to survive fighter attacks would be very nice.

I've done that a few times. You just need to keep the turrets unobstructed and make sure none of them have firing arcs limited to forward-firing only. Then none of the turrets will be used.

This comes from my experience tell me if you think I might be wrong about something. 

Can the hit noises be a little more metallic? I know this would be a low priority task, but the hit noises honestly sound like plastic being dropped in sand. No offense intended to the current dev team or BahamutoD :)

23 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Can the hit noises be a little more metallic? I know this would be a low priority task, but the hit noises honestly sound like plastic being dropped in sand. No offense intended to the current dev team or BahamutoD :)

Sure, point is, I am not sure if any of our members has sound effect creation know-how...

I know there are a few  web sites around which offer royalty free sound effects, its just quite some effort to search for something suitable. If you have any free (as in CC-BY-SA free) sound effect in mind, toss us a link and we'll happily evaluate it!

Google for

bullet hitting metal sound effect free

and you'll find plenty. Many will need a bit of trimming of silence off one or both ends but that's a simple task in Audacity or other sound editing software.

I've got some questions about the Guard Mode.

I'm now doing experiment about ship-defence system and I just found out the firing channels for the defense system is so less that even if I have 5 anti-air guns  they were just hitting the some target.

I'm wondering if we can add some more firing channels for GM mode 

so that every each gun can hit deferent target.

Which can be very useful to simulate a big-scale modern ship battle : you have multiple targets incoming and multiple air defence systems which each defence system hit one target.

This will make the GM mode much much more effective.

Thanks very much for your help.

And for the laser defence system:

It becomes less accurate than those traditional defence system in the GM mode.

the laser gun are just hitting a little bit in front of those incoming missles and miss the target

How can I fix this or is this some problems with BDAc itself?

Thanks again.

6 hours ago, Johnny005611 said:

And for the laser defence system:

It becomes less accurate than those traditional defence system in the GM mode.

the laser gun are just hitting a little bit in front of those incoming missles and miss the target

How can I fix this or is this some problems with BDAc itself?

Thanks again.

It's probably using lead calculation, which for practical ranges in atmosphere for energy beam weapons doesn't need to be done. Point, shoot, blam.