[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Can the AI Pilot behavior be changed so that 300m/s isn't an automatic 'turn on the afterburners' threshold? Bit annoying that my plane has enough thrust to supercruise, but it'll turn on the burners anyways.

How are you trying to fly your craft?

I assume you're using the AI Pilot with the wing commander modeule ... Telling the craft through wing commander where to go, yes?

More context please :)

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

How are you trying to fly your craft?

I assume you're using the AI Pilot with the wing commander modeule ... Telling the craft through wing commander where to go, yes?

More context please :)

Flying AI dogfight competitions. When they're approaching targets, no matter how much dry thrust an aircraft might have, it will switch over to afterburners if the max speed is set to above 300m/s.

Max speed of 300m/s, it'll go as fast as it can up to 300m/s without using afterburners. Max speed of 301m/s, it'll turn on afterburners and then put throttle down to whatever low value it needs to keep a limit of 301m/s.

7 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Flying AI dogfight competitions. When they're approaching targets, no matter how much dry thrust an aircraft might have, it will switch over to afterburners if the max speed is set to above 300m/s.

Max speed of 300m/s, it'll go as fast as it can up to 300m/s without using afterburners. Max speed of 301m/s, it'll turn on afterburners and then put throttle down to whatever low value it needs to keep a limit of 301m/s.

Could you open an issue on our github detailing what you are experiencing as well as what sort of behavior you would like to see :)

Using the github issues tracker makes it easier for the team to keep track of bugs, feature requests and other good ideas such as you are suggesting ... Things can get lost under other posts here on the forum, however on github we can actually keep track of and report on viability, roadblocks or progress on the issue

Here's the link: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

Could you open an issue on our github detailing what you are experiencing as well as what sort of behavior you would like to see :)

Using the github issues tracker makes it easier for the team to keep track of bugs, feature requests and other good ideas such as you are suggesting ... Things can get lost under other posts here on the forum, however on github we can actually keep track of and report on viability, roadblocks or progress on the issue

Cool.

Edited by Box of Stardust

On 3/3/2018 at 9:41 AM, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

ok
the Vesselmover issue still persists after i installed it manually

btw...
still can't figure out what's wrong, the log didn't say anything wrong

I planned to make a video of a BDarmoury dogfight with my WW2 replicas today, but 1.4 just released; whilst that's good, the release screwed with what I wanted to do. 

Anyway, does anyone know if BDarmoury work in 1.4? Or will I have to downgrade my game?

1 hour ago, HolidayTheLeek said:

I planned to make a video of a BDarmoury dogfight with my WW2 replicas today, but 1.4 just released; whilst that's good, the release screwed with what I wanted to do. 

Anyway, does anyone know if BDarmoury work in 1.4? Or will I have to downgrade my game?

I would say the safest option is to downgrade. And please, you should never use the steam folder to play KSP. 

Instead, copy & paste KSP to different folders. 

I have like 7 KSP installations from 1.3 to 1.4 with different set of mods.  

Ok so this may not be the place to ask this but im looking to find someone that can do modeling for missiles.
Ive got some ideas for a weapons pack mod and so rather than asking other mod makers to make them for me ive just decided to make my own mod however i dont have any idea on how to model. That said im looking for someone who can model as i can do the cfg files.

If this isnt the place to ask this where should i ask it at?

1 minute ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Ok so this may not be the place to ask this but im looking to find someone that can do modeling for missiles.
Ive got some ideas for a weapons pack mod and so rather than asking other mod makers to make them for me ive just decided to make my own mod however i dont have any idea on how to model. That said im looking for someone who can model as i can do the cfg files.

If this isnt the place to ask this where should i ask it at?

I suggest to speak with @spannermonkey he is the  master of  design :). He has created dozens  models. 

28 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I suggest to speak with @spannermonkey he is the  master of  design :). He has created dozens  models. 

Ive been speaking to him lately about something else....
you see with PEW being dead i was thinking of using those models as a template for my own and ive already got a few of those old weapons working great and better than before. 
However due to finding out SM has the rights to them im not going to be a jerk and release them. Meaning I have to find someone who can create new models to serve the same purpose as the ones i was editing. 

11 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Not according to Spamer moneky

Pew is licenced under CC-BY-SA: A Creative Commons (CC) license is one of several public copyright licenses that enable the free distribution of an otherwise copyrighted work. A CC license is used when an author wants to give people the right to share, use, and build upon a work that they have created.

Reference: https://spacedock.info/mod/1200/PEW continued

Reference: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

2 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Pew is licenced under CC-BY-SA: A Creative Commons (CC) license is one of several public copyright licenses that enable the free distribution of an otherwise copyrighted work. A CC license is used when an author wants to give people the right to share, use, and build upon a work that they have created.

Reference: https://spacedock.info/mod/1200/PEW continued

Yes im aware of what the license says but according to SM in a Pm. LordPrometheus asked him not to revive it and to leave it dead as well as the KSP admins having been made aware of that. 
I just want to make sure im in the right before i do something. 

I will say tho i have done a few interesting things like made a Torpedo Tube launched missile by editing the cfg of the RGM-84 from PEW, ive made the Tomahawks actualy able to hit their targets, and I managed to find a way to make GPS bombs track and hit moving targets

3 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

@War Eagle 1 I was just letting you know you only have to follow the licencing and you won't be doing anything wrong if you use PEW stuff as long as the licence is followed.

Ok. I ll try my best then to do that. 

On 3/8/2018 at 6:41 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

No indication of any action on the issue I reported a while ago about BDA's inability to properly use reversed control surfaces. KSP itself can figure them out for manual flying. https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/373

40 minutes ago, Galane said:

No indication of any action on the issue I reported a while ago about BDA's inability to properly use reversed control surfaces. KSP itself can figure them out for manual flying. https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/373

My recent testing, at least with the Standard Canard, when set to negative authority, is it seems to work perfectly fine, both for pitch and roll when combined on the same control surface. 

Edited by Box of Stardust

2 hours ago, Galane said:

You do realize that we don't get paid for maintaining and improving BDAc so issues may or may not be addressed immediately

On the other hand if you wish to actually pay for the service I'm sure the rest of the team would agree with me that we would be willing to drop everything we are doing to cater to your needs

Let me know if you want a paypal account number to send the funds to :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

3 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

My recent testing, at least with the Standard Canard, when set to negative authority, is it seems to work perfectly fine, both for pitch and roll when combined on the same control surface. 

Then it's not flyable manually because inverting the authority will make manual piloting move the surfaces the wrong way but BDAC will run them the right way. Try the plane I posted the link to with the backwards control surfaces on the front edge of the wing. It's funny to watch BDA struggle trying to fly it because it's rolling the wrong way, but it can be flown manually.

A bug is a bug, they all need fixing at some point. I suspect this one may be simple, reading some variable that KSP uses to know which way around a control surface is aimed. I recall in some previous version of KSP it didn't work with manual flying to turn control surfaces around because the game engine would move them the wrong way.

1 hour ago, Galane said:

Then it's not flyable manually because inverting the authority will make manual piloting move the surfaces the wrong way but BDAC will run them the right way. Try the plane I posted the link to with the backwards control surfaces on the front edge of the wing. It's funny to watch BDA struggle trying to fly it because it's rolling the wrong way, but it can be flown manually.

A bug is a bug, they all need fixing at some point. I suspect this one may be simple, reading some variable that KSP uses to know which way around a control surface is aimed. I recall in some previous version of KSP it didn't work with manual flying to turn control surfaces around because the game engine would move them the wrong way.

Yes, a bug is a bug ... however being the squeaky wheel that consistently brings up the same concern when you have already made the team well aware of the issue makes at least myself to be reluctant to even address your issue as it really is an insignificant one in my opinion when compared to what the BDAc team has been working on

TL;DR - We are well aware of this issue and will address it in a time that is convenient for us to address it

We are currently trying to get BDAc up to snuff with KSP v1.4 which will add a whole new armor and damage system to the works as well as multiple targeting and guidance improvements as well as some additional hooks for other modders to have access to so as to be able to better control what their mod is doing in relation to the devices that are being utilized (devices meaning Radar, Missile Engagement, under attack trigger and other systems that we have put in place for other mods to access)

Bigger things are in play at this present time than the small issue of a user not wanting to set their vessel up to use BDAc as it was designed

TL;DR ... We will get to it when we get to it ... please stop poking the bear :rolleyes:

As stated earlier however ... If you wish to compensate the BDAc team to drop the KSPv1.4 update to address your concern then by all means I can provide a PayPal account you can send funds to :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci