[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Do you plan on implementing the hitpoints thing. Where the whole craft has shared hitpoints. I think I would be a very good idea because you could then make it so that each gun does different damage. That would add some new depth to choosing how to arm you warbirds:cool:!

18 hours ago, T-BobAerospace said:

Do you plan on implementing the hitpoints thing. Where the whole craft has shared hitpoints. I think I would be a very good idea because you could then make it so that each gun does different damage. That would add some new depth to choosing how to arm you warbirds:cool:!

The HP balancer that I delved into was mainly an exercise in code to see if it could be done. With that being said ... no, the balancer will not be included as a part of BDAc

However, if I can get it working flawlessly (as there are a few gremlins that bork it in certain circumstances), I may release it as a standalone BDAc addon ... Please stand by :)

I can't seem to get the Procedural Modular Missile Parts to show up in the parts list, but the Mk1 Missile Launch Tube is showing. What am I doing wrong?

This is BDA 1.0.0 on KSP 1.3.1.

nvm, never saw that Procedural Parts was a required mod.

Edited by Box of Stardust

Hi all BDA users,

We just published a new awesome BDArmory release (still for KSP 1.3.1).

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.1.0-final

Changelog

v1.1.0

* NEW FEATURES:

* Bullet decals.
  * Damage consequences for engine damaged. #433

* ENHANCEMENTS:

* New damage model: the new system uses hitpoints instead of temperature.
  * Realism overhaul for ballistics, penetration and armor.
  * Realism overhaul for explosive damage and forces.
  * Improvements to Cruise Guidance.
  * Option for Modular Missiles to correct Roll. 

- For more detail you can check the issue #307 and the Wiki https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/
* FIXES:
  * Kerbals can be killed again
  * Modular missiles are not usable without Guard mode #377
  * Standby Mode is being bypassed if there is an active radar on one of the teams #406
  * Bullet trajectories and Pilot AI should no longer be affected by vessel movement and vessel switching

This is going to be the last release for KSP 1.3.1. We are already working on a release for KSP 1.4.1 MH

Edited by jrodriguez

After a bit of testing, I have to report that I think parts might be too tanky now.

Aircraft are surviving near-direct Sidewinder hits and unrealistic durations of Vulcan fire (read: 1 second or more).

pls buff damage pls / pls nerf hitpoints

Also, I think the AI is too liberal with afterburner usage now... not sure if intended.

9 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

After a bit of testing, I have to report that I think parts might be too tanky now.

Aircraft are surviving near-direct Sidewinder hits and unrealistic durations of Vulcan fire (read: 1 second or more).

Also, I think the AI is too liberal with afterburner usage now... not sure if intended.

I respect your opinion. But I don't think we will change anything at all. 

Several months of development and balance plus a couple of months of beta testing are behind of this release. 

45 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

So you can use the slider on a part to increase or decrease HP and Armor

I will be releasing an HP/Armor Editor in the near future so you can manually change the HP and Armor in the editor but it is still in the testing phase ... until it is released the sliders on the parts are all you have to adjust how 'tanky' a part is

Edited by DoctorDavinci

28 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

So you can use the slider on a part to increase or decrease HP and Armor

I will be releasing an HP/Armor Editor in the near future so you can manually change the HP and Armor in the editor but it is still in the testing phase ... until it is released the sliders on the parts are all you have to adjust how 'tanky' a part is

I haven't touched armor; they're all at their lowest values. The default hitpoints to weapon damage ratio seem too much. Time-to-kill between aircraft is too long. I have 6 Vulcans (20mm cannon shells!) on my aircraft and against another aircraft they feel like WWII-era .30 cals.

Not just that, but hitpoint values shown in the SPH editor don't match the hitpoints on the parts when the aircraft is launched; a Big-S Wing Strake is shown to have 1000 hp in the editor, but it spawns with 500. Unless I messed something up in my install, or it's maybe bad inter-mod compatibility with another mod. Maybe this is something for the GitHub tracker, but I'm holding off for now.

Whatever was done to the flight AI seems to have made it a bit wonkier too, but I'll reserve a firm opinion until I've tested that more.

Edited by Box of Stardust

5 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all BDA users,

This is going to be the last release for KSP 1.3.1. We are already working on a release for KSP 1.4.1 MH

Uhmm... Dec. 11, 2017 is this latest, *new* release? vOv

20 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Uhmm... Dec. 11, 2017 is this latest, *new* release? vOv

The release download was replaced, it has been updated with the latest changes

The date is at the end of the zip .... BDArmory.1.1.0.38488_03172018.zip

Edited by DoctorDavinci

4 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Maybe the new 1.4.1 API docs has some info how to repair the doppler effect? I've made a little extension to Rover Wheel Sounds and now I miss the effect even more.

If you found the code to fix the doppler effect, please let me know so I can update Camera Tools :)

Hey BDAc team, my BDAc parts don't seem to function as intended. Whenever I use the M1 turret and shoot at anything, nothing happens, and there is no explosion or anything. 

EDIT: Also, the bullets are pink.

KSP version: 1.4.1 Mac

Modlist: 000_Toolbar ASET Astrogator BDArmory CollisionFX CommunityCategoryKit CommunityResourcePack DestructionEffects FMRS JSI KerbalFoundries Kerbaltek KSPWheel ManeuverNodeEvolved MechJeb2 ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll ModuleManager.ConfigCache ModuleManager.ConfigSHA ModuleManager.Physics ModuleManager.TechTree MouseAimFlight NavyFish NKD PhysicsRangeExtender README.md RecoveryController REPOSoftTech SCANsat Squad SquadExpansion ThunderAerospace toolbar-settings.dat TweakScale UniversalStorage VenStockRevamp VesselMover VesselView

Also, if this is a 1.4.x issue, when will a 1.4.x version be released?

Cheers, a person.

Edited by AwesomeDude3664
Added something

56 minutes ago, AwesomeDude3664 said:

Hey BDAc team, my BDAc parts don't seem to function as intended. Whenever I use the M1 turret and shoot at anything, nothing happens, and there is no explosion or anything. 

EDIT: Also, the bullets are pink.

KSP version: 1.4.1 Mac

Modlist: 000_Toolbar ASET Astrogator BDArmory CollisionFX CommunityCategoryKit CommunityResourcePack DestructionEffects FMRS JSI KerbalFoundries Kerbaltek KSPWheel ManeuverNodeEvolved MechJeb2 ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll ModuleManager.ConfigCache ModuleManager.ConfigSHA ModuleManager.Physics ModuleManager.TechTree MouseAimFlight NavyFish NKD PhysicsRangeExtender README.md RecoveryController REPOSoftTech SCANsat Squad SquadExpansion ThunderAerospace toolbar-settings.dat TweakScale UniversalStorage VenStockRevamp VesselMover VesselView

Also, if this is a 1.4.x issue, when will a 1.4.x version be released?

Cheers, a person.

So BDAc v1.1 is not compatible with KSP v1.4.x as mentioned in the title of this thread :wink:

As for when it will be ready for 1.4, we are working on updating BDAc to KSP 1.4.x and have no timeline to give on an expected date ... I apologize if this is insufficient information

Please stand by :)

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

So BDAc v1.1 is not compatible with KSP v1.4.x as mentioned in the title of this thread :wink:

As for when it will be ready for 1.4, we are working on updating BDAc to KSP 1.4.x and have no timeline to give on an expected date ... I apologize if this is insufficient information

Please stand by :)

Oh thanks, didn't see that lol.

Cheers!

On 3/17/2018 at 3:48 PM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all BDA users,

Changelog

v1.1.0

* NEW FEATURES:

* Bullet decals.
  * Damage consequences for engine damaged. #433

* ENHANCEMENTS:

* New damage model: the new system uses hitpoints instead of temperature.
  * Realism overhaul for ballistics, penetration and armor.
  * Realism overhaul for explosive damage and forces.
  * Improvements to Cruise Guidance.
  * Option for Modular Missiles to correct Roll. 

- For more detail you can check the issue #307 and the Wiki https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/
* FIXES:
  * Kerbals can be killed again
  * Modular missiles are not usable without Guard mode #377
  * Standby Mode is being bypassed if there is an active radar on one of the teams #406
  * Bullet trajectories and Pilot AI should no longer be affected by vessel movement and vessel switching

@SpannerMonkey(smce) does this mean BDA FPS will be a thing again?