[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

9 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

Any chance we could get guidance modes for Rockets in the next update? More specifically laser guidance, it would be super useful for something like an APKWS Rocket pod!

Hide contents

737338.png

I think the problem with guided rockets, from something that has it as 'ammo' instead of its own part, is that it's not a part, and should be looked at as ammo. It has physical mass when fired but no guidance. I could be wrong and I am sure they will correct me if I am (as I'm not a member of the BDAc team), but I don't think it's currently possible to make non-part rockets guided. At least not within the confines of what KSP offers.

44 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

I think the problem with guided rockets, from something that has it as 'ammo' instead of its own part, is that it's not a part, and should be looked at as ammo. It has physical mass when fired but no guidance. I could be wrong and I am sure they will correct me if I am (as I'm not a member of the BDAc team), but I don't think it's currently possible to make non-part rockets guided. At least not within the confines of what KSP offers.

if the Rocketpod setup is anything to go off, the rocket is still an object, and objects can still be rotated and have force applied. to their root transforms. its just about taking the way force is applied to a missile, and applying it to the rocket(s) once fired.

6 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

if the Rocketpod setup is anything to go off, the rocket is still an object, and objects can still be rotated and have force applied. to their root transforms. its just about taking the way force is applied to a missile, and applying it to the rocket(s) once fired.

Interesting ... Since the solution appears to be just applying force to the rockets, perhaps you could put something together and do a PR to our GitHub so the team can see how it is done 

13 hours ago, Hojoz said:

This hahahaha, except I have 1.3.1 backed up and ready to go

yeah? But i don't. And i never enquired to what ksp you were running, i asked you if there was a way to revert mine. i fail to see the funny side of simply being the new one to and old game.

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Interesting ... Since the solution appears to be just applying force to the rockets, perhaps you could put something together and do a PR to our GitHub so the team can see how it is done 

Hey - i've already had a back and forth with spanner over it, And i never implied i knew what the hell i was talking about.

4 hours ago, /not/pol/ said:

Hey - i've already had a back and forth with spanner over it, And i never implied i knew what the hell i was talking about.

For the record, the rocket is an object, yes. After it is fired. That's when it gains physical mass. But it has no cfg file to put in the modules necessary for guidance, which means it would probably need to be hard-coded and thus, probably not a 'next update' deal.

While the rest of the team is working on the next release of BDAc, I'm going through and updating the accessory mods.

So far,   BDMk22, BurnTogether, and VesselMover have been updated.  you can find these in the OP under the BDAc Family Mods Links hidden section.  I will continue with updating these mods as we near release of BDAc for KSP 1.4.x.

So I installed BDAc with the latest KSP version, and all the parts work properly, except anything radar related (TWS, AWACS radar, Nose Radome) are not present. I've verified that those files exist in the Parts folder of BDAc, but they're not showing up at all. Anybody else with that issue?

Thanks!!

5 hours ago, PoopooJoe said:

So I installed BDAc with the latest KSP version, and all the parts work properly, except anything radar related (TWS, AWACS radar, Nose Radome) are not present. I've verified that those files exist in the Parts folder of BDAc, but they're not showing up at all. Anybody else with that issue?

Thanks!!

On 30/03/2018 at 1:11 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

As clearly stated in the title of this thread, BD Armory Continued v1.1 is not compatible with KSP v1.4.x 

There is no BDAc that is compatible with KSP v1.4.x at this time ... please stand by

10 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

While the rest of the team is working on the next release of BDAc, I'm going through and updating the accessory mods.

So far,   BDMk22, BurnTogether, and VesselMover have been updated.  you can find these in the OP under the BDAc Family Mods Links hidden section.  I will continue with updating these mods as we near release of BDAc for KSP 1.4.x.

Do you have a release date in mind? I have never messed around with KSP mods so this is sorta a whole new relm for me. 

I also am receiving a lot of weird info on if Physics Range Extender as well as any other mods that are required for BDArmory are in the downloadable folder. 

Sorry im a noob when it comes to modding KSP.

Any advice is appreciated!

Also is there an official form for 1.4.x?

Edited by Ian Luedke

16 hours ago, Ian Luedke said:

Do you have a release date in mind? I have never messed around with KSP mods so this is sorta a whole new relm for me. 

I also am receiving a lot of weird info on if Physics Range Extender as well as any other mods that are required for BDArmory are in the downloadable folder. 

Sorry im a noob when it comes to modding KSP.

Any advice is appreciated!

Also is there an official form for 1.4.x?

Release Date:  SoonTM  (first rule with modders, never ask when a mod will be ready.  It will be ready when it is ready).   

Mod authors support mods for a variety of reasons, but are not beholden to the users to maintain, improve, or apologize for their mods.  Users that complain  or pressure mod authors (i'm not directing this at you, as you have been kind enough to admit that you are new, and need to learn), are the bane of a mod author's existence.  If anything they discourage mod authors from continuing to support mods.  Think of it this way.  If you are getting a mod for free, why would you complain about the quality or timeliness of an update, bug fixes or improvement to that mod?  Did you pay for the mod author's work?  Further, if you do actually donate to a mod author, it is always welcome, but it still does not give you license to complain.  

With that said, constructive criticism, provided with respect and details of how to reproduce any errors or bugs found, and suggestions for improvement on the mod are always welcome.  Trolling and bashing are not.

Physics Range Extender is a required dependency for BDArmory.  You must install it separately.  It is not included with BDAc.

We all have to start somewhere.  Asking questions is not a weakness :D

Learn how to install mods manually, that way if you have problems using tools like CKAN, you can figure out what is going wrong.  All Mods go into separate folders under the GameData folder.  DO not have a GameData/GameData/ModName structure.  that is incorrect.  Proper structure is GameData/ModName

If you find a bug or problem with a mod, be sure to provide as much information to the mod author as you can to allow for them to aid you.  Logs (KSP.log), and steps to reliably reproduce are very helpful and typically are expected by mod authors in order to be able to help you.

Not sure what you mean by an official Form for 1.4.x.  Please explain.  If you mean forum, then there is not really.  You should just read the forums and get up to speed.  Almost every forum thread will expect that you read before you ask questions.  Try to answer your questions yourself through research. google search is useful for KSP.  lots of info out there,  This shows the thread author and your fellow members that you have done your homework.  You will gain respect that way.

Hope that helps.  If you need more, feel free to PM me.

Edited by Papa_Joe
clarification on installation of Physics Range Extender

20 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but what broke with the HE-KV-1 vacuum-capable missile?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was changes to the guidance. I mean, the mod is completely different now than it was when that missile worked.

22 hours ago, Alex33212 said:

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but what broke with the HE-KV-1 vacuum-capable missile?

1 hour ago, Deathpuff12 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was changes to the guidance. I mean, the mod is completely different now than it was when that missile worked.

Actually Baha was the one who removed its functionality back before KSP v1.0.5 (over 2 years ago) as it didn't fit in with what he envisioned for BDA at that time

On 4/5/2018 at 11:33 AM, Alex33212 said:

7 hours ago, Deathpuff12 said:

i tried the missile in space, it kinda works although not so accurate

15 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Actually Baha was the one who removed its functionality back before KSP v1.0.5 (over 2 years ago) as it didn't fit in with what he envisioned for BDA at that time

Yeah, that makes sense.

20 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Ah, I see. Would be nice to see more space-combat support, but if that's not what this mod is about, then I understand.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Importing craft that are armed into the new BDAc is going to mess with the weapons as the craft file that has been saved will have values in it that are no longer in BDAc as well as not having the new variables that are in BDAc

Updating to BDAc v1.1 Final will be craft breaking if the craft have BDAc parts or BDAc Addon Parts on it

TL;DR - DO NOT IMPORT OLDER CRAFT WITH WEAPONS ON THEM FROM PREVIOUS BDA INSTALLS INTO BDAc V1.1 Final ..... REMOVE ALL BDAc AND BDAc ADDON PARTS AND THEN IMPORT YOUR CRAFT

Several posts have been removed from this thread due to being off-topic.

A user posted something, apparently in error, and then explained that he didn't know how to delete his own post.  Accordingly, the content (and responses to it) have been removed.

For future reference, anyone is free to delete the content of their posts, so of course anything anyone leaves in public view, including with strikeout, is by their choice.  If you make a mistake in posting, all you have to do is to report the post to the moderator team (just use the "report" button on your own post) with a brief note of explanation, and we're happy to tidy it up for you.

Thanks!  We now return you to your regularly scheduled battles, already in progress. :)

On 4/7/2018 at 2:25 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Importing craft that are armed into the new BDAc is going to mess with the weapons as the craft file that has been saved will have values in it that are no longer in BDAc as well as not having the new variables that are in BDAc

Updating to BDAc v1.1 Final will be craft breaking if the craft have BDAc parts or BDAc Addon Parts on it

TL;DR - DO NOT IMPORT OLDER CRAFT WITH WEAPONS ON THEM FROM PREVIOUS BDA INSTALLS INTO BDAc V1.1 Final ..... REMOVE ALL BDAc AND BDAc ADDON PARTS AND THEN IMPORT YOUR CRAFT

Is this only for parts? Would having Vessel Mover already downloaded affect anything once the new update is downloaded?

58 minutes ago, SarcasticAviator said:

Is this only for parts? Would having Vessel Mover already downloaded affect anything once the new update is downloaded?

Vessel Mover has no parts so should not affect any craft being brought forward into BDAc v1.1 Final

Edited by DoctorDavinci