[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

@Xd the great - Please read the below quoted post :)

On 4/3/2018 at 1:24 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Release Date:  SoonTM  (first rule with modders, never ask when a mod will be ready.  It will be ready when it is ready).   

Mod authors support mods for a variety of reasons, but are not beholden to the users to maintain, improve, or apologize for their mods.  Users that complain  or pressure mod authors (i'm not directing this at you, as you have been kind enough to admit that you are new, and need to learn), are the bane of a mod author's existence.  If anything they discourage mod authors from continuing to support mods.  Think of it this way.  If you are getting a mod for free, why would you complain about the quality or timeliness of an update, bug fixes or improvement to that mod?  Did you pay for the mod author's work?  Further, if you do actually donate to a mod author, it is always welcome, but it still does not give you license to complain.  

With that said, constructive criticism, provided with respect and details of how to reproduce any errors or bugs found, and suggestions for improvement on the mod are always welcome.  Trolling and bashing are not.

Physics Range Extender is a required dependency for BDArmory.  You must install it separately.  It is not included with BDAc.

We all have to start somewhere.  Asking questions is not a weakness :D

Learn how to install mods manually, that way if you have problems using tools like CKAN, you can figure out what is going wrong.  All Mods go into separate folders under the GameData folder.  DO not have a GameData/GameData/ModName structure.  that is incorrect.  Proper structure is GameData/ModName

If you find a bug or problem with a mod, be sure to provide as much information to the mod author as you can to allow for them to aid you.  Logs (KSP.log), and steps to reliably reproduce are very helpful and typically are expected by mod authors in order to be able to help you.

Not sure what you mean by an official Form for 1.4.x.  Please explain.  If you mean forum, then there is not really.  You should just read the forums and get up to speed.  Almost every forum thread will expect that you read before you ask questions.  Try to answer your questions yourself through research. google search is useful for KSP.  lots of info out there,  This shows the thread author and your fellow members that you have done your homework.  You will gain respect that way.

Hope that helps.  If you need more, feel free to PM me.

Edited by DoctorDavinci

NEW RELEASE OF BDAC COMPATIBLE WITH KSP 1.4.2! 

Thanks to dev team and the testing team for the effort!

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.2.0

Changelog

v1.2.0

* NEW FEATURES:
  * Support for Unity 2017. Icons textures fixed by PapaJoe. Thanks to @SpannerMonkey for chaff/smoke models.
  * Compatibility with KSP 1.4.2. 
  * Surface AI: Yes, tank battles and ships battles are a reality now. Thanks to @Gedas for this major feature.
  * Damage Consequences: damaged engine has reduced thrust and greater heat production. Issue #433.

* ENHANCEMENTS:
  * Cruise Guidance overhaul.
  * Shaped explosions for AGM missiles.
  * Chaff rebalance.
  * New setting to disable terrain checks.
  * New FX for missile collisions.
  * Modular missile core - added option to control roll.
  * HE-KV1 missile is now efficient and deadly in Space :) Thanks to Kergan.
  * Weapons like cannons can fire up to their max range. (eg: a 20 km cannon can fire at 20 km)

* FIXES:
  * Drag of ammo boxes reduced. Issue #498.
  * Dozens of small fixes and rebalance!

Edited by jrodriguez

stares at announcement for hours... Now all i need is space compatibility and individual weapons targeting. And maybe like a priority target thing that you could set to say shoot tanks more than planes or big stuff more than small stuff. That would be cool!

thanks for updating it!

wait-

reads changelog

YESSS

I- I cannot.. oh my... land AI.. oh

2 hours ago, william2002730 said:

Question: Since on GitHub, it said it's currently released for 1.4.2, will it work for 1.4.1? Since it says 1.4.x on this forum.

Actually it does not say released 'for' KSP v1.4.2, it says 'Compatible' with KSP v1.4.2

As for your question, it should work just fine ... if it doesn't then there is an easy solution to fix it which is to upgrade to KSP v1.4.2 :wink:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I'm having a slight problem on my linux installation of KSP 1.4.2:

0IJwuwr.gif

As you can see, the missile just dissapears when trying to fire or jettison.

Edited by Tortoise

1 minute ago, Tortoise said:

0IJwuwr.gif

As per the OP, the usual troubleshooting information is needed.  Follow the troubleshooting steps.  We can't help you if you don't give us more to work with.  I can visually see what is happening, but steps to reproduce, logs, craft file, and possibly a save game go a long way in assisting us.

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

As per the OP, the usual troubleshooting information is needed.  Follow the troubleshooting steps.  We can't help you if you don't give us more to work with.  I can visually see what is happening, but steps to reproduce, logs, craft file, and possibly a save game go a long way in assisting us.

Thanks!

Reproduction Steps, Log & Craft Files:

(removed)

more valuable info:

wpNowqe.png

Edited by Tortoise
forum formats weirldy

I've copied and saved the  log.  Please delete it from your post, as it is causing a severe performance impact on the page.  In the future, if you would be so kind as to provide a link to a cloud stored copy or your dropbox copy, that will prevent issues like that.

I will review and discuss with the team.

Thanks!

Update:  I'm seeing a lot of errors in the log file.  You have several mods installed.   Please create a separate game install with just BDAc and Physics Range Extender, and try to reproduce the issue.  If you still have an issue, please provide the log and a image of your bda install on disk.  (Folder structure.).  What I'm seeing seems to point to an incorrect install.

Edited by Papa_Joe

@Tortoise.  I have reviewed the distribution of BDAc, and I see in the distribution several .cfg files that are supposed to be in the BDArmory folder.  The errors relating to BDAc indicate that these file cannot be found.  I suspect a blown installation.

6 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

@Tortoise.  I have reviewed the distribution of BDAc, and I see in the distribution several .cfg files that are supposed to be in the BDArmory folder.  The errors relating to BDAc indicate that these file cannot be found.  I suspect a blown installation.

Was I supposed to do something other than drop the BD Armory and PhysicsRangeExtender folders into GameData?

VRsw31M.png

1 hour ago, Tortoise said:

0IJwuwr.gif

If you launch a missile said missile becomes a separate vessel and KRASH is not set up to simulate more than one vessel at a time

Nothing we can do about that as KRASH is not a mod that is maintained by the BDAc team

13 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

If you launch a missile said missile becomes a separate vessel and KRASH is not set up to simulate more than one vessel at a time

Nothing we can do about that as KRASH is not a mod that is maintained by the BDAc team

Thanks Doc.   I missed the fact that he was running in KRASH.  that would explain the issue.

55 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

I should've mentioned that I tested this outside of the KRASH simulation (The vessel was built, and launched) and it made no difference. The bug still exists nonetheless, so it shouldn't have anything to do with KRASH.

edit: I just realized I'm on KSP 1.4.1 and not 1.4.2 aswell

Edited by Tortoise
added more info

1 hour ago, Tortoise said:

I should've mentioned that I tested this outside of the KRASH simulation (The vessel was built, and launched) and it made no difference. The bug still exists nonetheless, so it shouldn't have anything to do with KRASH.

edit: I just realized I'm on KSP 1.4.1 and not 1.4.2 aswell

Would you mind to do a test using KSP 1.4.2 without any other mods other than BDA and PRE? If the issue persist please add it here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

I like AI for planes and ground vehicles.

A small suggestion: choosing targets on the radar should be easier, as the radar detects something, the target should appear on the list where it would be easier to click on it.