[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

53 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Btw, if you got multiple radars, do they stack in efficiency?

"stack in efficiency" is not the correct wording to describe it, its like: each radar functions individually on its own.

So, having one that is excellent in airborne detection at long range, one that is excellent at ground based detection (low ground clutter factor), and one that is excellent at locking multiple targets, then yes, you have access to all those capabilities at the same time.

It is not stacking in that sense because e.g. your long range detection radar might detect targets further away than your super-duper AESA multi-lock radar can track & lock them, meaning you still cannot fire at max detection range. But each individual radar contributes its performance characteristics to the overall vessel, simultaneously, yes.

I was more curious if 3 pieces of the same radar stack; but already assumed they didn't.

Still meeting the old problem that radar aimed at ground targets doesn't work that great on distance. Can easily track ships on the sea, but not vehicles further than maybe 1km. Radar tracking is kinda necessary to efficiently lock on IR dots to moving vehicles.

Edited by Temeter

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Note, just noticed your RCS transforms are incorrectly placed in the hierarchy, the transforms should be a child of the model , rather than the parent GameObject

Thanks a lot, It seems that the problem is that I turn on the "simulate world space", and turn it off all problems solved.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Mr.Equador said:

I don't see bullets and shell trails. Was It removed? Other things work good and Idk what Am I doing wrong.

Hi, bullet tracer trails appear working as expected in the clean 143 install i have just tested .  As can be seen below. Do note that many turrets do not fire tracer constantly, the amount of tracer can be changed in cfg. We have found that large amounts of tracer being in the scene can cause very large performance drops in lower end machines . Lower settings for graphics can also reduce visible effects

Stock squad thing with BDA  SrfAI, weapon manager and 50cal turret .  ( for ref, this is easy mode,   engagement range to minimum, no other changes to default settings, no suspension adjustment to rover)

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, bullet tracer trails appear working as expected in the clean 143 install i have just tested .  As can be seen below. Do note that many turrets do not fire tracer constantly, the amount of tracer can be changed in cfg. We have found that large amounts of tracer being in the scene can cause very large performance drops in lower end machines . Lower settings for graphics can also reduce visible effects

Stock squad thing with BDA  SrfAI, weapon manager and 50cal turret .  ( for ref, this is easy mode,   engagement range to minimum, no other changes to default settings, no suspension adjustment to rover)

Thanks for ansfering me :) Can you please tell me what settings cause less or more % of tracers?

3 minutes ago, Mr.Equador said:

Can you please tell me what settings cause less or more % of tracers?

I could yes, BUT, I'm not going to, given your apparent unfamiliarity with adding mods and fixing issues and BDA in general I'm reluctant to assist you in breaking your game.

While a mistake in editing a cfg is only likely to make the part fail and will stop any craft,  that has that part fitted  from loading .   I suggest you experiment with the normal game graphics settings, before considering tampering with part cfg's or patches .  You can find the BDA wiki here to learn about the parts and the parts set up https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki

Yzb6H8C.png

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I could yes, BUT, I'm not going to, given your apparent unfamiliarity with adding mods and fixing issues and BDA in general I'm reluctant to assist you in breaking your game.

While a mistake in editing a cfg is only likely to make the part fail and will stop any craft,  that has that part fitted  from loading .   I suggest you experiment with the normal game graphics settings, before considering tampering with part cfg's or patches .  You can find the BDA wiki here to learn about the parts and the parts set up https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki

Yzb6H8C.png

Ok thanks :D 

Ok so i just downloaded 1.4.3 (i didnt bother updating ksp from 1.3.1 until now.) and the current BDA release doesnt fully work with it such as saying there is no manager module when i click on the BDA tab. Also the flair parts look like 50 cal ammo boxes
im pretty sure this is simply due to the need to update BDA to 1.4.3 but i just want to make sure that is the reason and not that i did something wrong

New issue. Trying to tweak bullet damage between a pair of guns, and getting a weird result. At first it seemed like the damage differences were due to differences in velocity and mass of their bullets, but changing it so both guns use the same bulletType as a control test still results in wildly different values. Test done in 1.4.2 with latest 1.2 BDA. Relevant excerpt from the log:

LOG 11:23:51.158] [BDArmory]: Armor penetration = 14.14351 | Thickness = 10.02858
[LOG 11:23:51.158] [BDArmory]: Ricochet chance: -0.08976517
[LOG 11:23:51.159] [BDArmory]: mass: 0.0113 caliber: 11 multiplier: 0.0113 velocity: 872.156 penetrationfactor: 1.41032
[LOG 11:23:51.159] [BDArmory]: Ballistic Hitpoints Applied : 45.46
[LOG 11:23:54.899] [BDArmory]: Armor penetration = 14.14452 | Thickness = 10.03086
[LOG 11:23:54.899] [BDArmory]: Ricochet chance: -0.06730862
[LOG 11:23:54.900] [BDArmory]: mass: 0.0113 caliber: 11 multiplier: 0.0113 velocity: 872.2184 penetrationfactor: 1.410101
[LOG 11:23:54.900] [BDArmory]: Ballistic Hitpoints Applied : 9.09

Top round was fired from the first gun and does 45 damage. Bottom bullet is fired from the second gun, and does 9. Both bullets were fired at a stationary target (a vertical wing panel) from the same distance, from the same position. What's going on here?

I'm going to need a clarification on how the detect and lock/track distances work, especially concerning the values displayed in the radar cross section tool in the editor, because it seems like without ECM, an aircraft can still fire on enemy aircraft at the detect distance with AMRAAMs, even though technically, it says on the lock/track that that enemy aircraft can only be done so at ~4km even without ECM...

Well, thanks alot guys for updating this to 1.4, really fun to finally make my bases actually shoot on their own (stock warfare is still sorta my thing, but its alot better to use BDA on the ground since i cant engage with multiple vehicles at the same time).

cyElPp9.png

And ofc i still need to make my own guns since all the ones in the packs arent really right, but sofar the tanks and buildings are working as intended.  Made a new tank hull that plain and simply REFUSES to die since its made in such a way that it actually absorbs insane amounts of fire.  Took those base defenses over 10 minutes to cut down the 2 tanks...

coh1Fl3.png

Now to see if i can actually get the guns to look right.  Is there a way to make a plasma cannon effect so i can get somewhat authentic dual barreled plasma cannons (the twin turret had those by default).  I tried to use lasers, but it looks terrible, and ive also tried to use something akin to a rapid fire burst (to simulate a stream of plasma) which overheats quickly and then cools down a long time, still not very good and it spazzes out spraying the shot like crazy when the target makes any maneuvers.  I know BDA was never designed to make plasma beam weapons, but if there is a way to do this that anyones found, plz tell me :)

Finally, ive found a huge bug with the armor health module that is resulting in parts changing their HP values when building vehicles in editor.  Try attaching parts via symmetry, and they can occasionally bug out.  Ive been able to fix this issue on less complex tanks using .cfg edits, but its rather annoying and would appreciate it if placing parts using symmetry and or copy functions not result in component HP values jumping around all over the place...

7 hours ago, Mr.Equador said:

Thanks for ansfering me :) Can you please tell me what settings cause less or more % of tracers?

7 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I can confirm that the lack of bullet tracers is due to "Texture Quality" in Graphics Settings. It needs to be set to "Full Res" for tracers to appear. A clean 1.4.3 install sets it to "Half-Res", hence why some people as well as myself earlier were having problems seeing tracers.

But it's strange how flare launchers look like ammo boxes

15 minutes ago, goduranus said:

But it's strange how flare launchers look like ammo boxes

Please refer to the link below for how to rectify this issue

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155014-14x-bdarmory-continued-v12-4232018-vessel-mover-camera-tools-bdmk22-destruction-effects-burn-together/&do=findComment&comment=3363064

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if I have a problem or am simply misusing the parts in this mod. I am using a TWS Radar on a space station (makes sense, I know), but whenever I get a target near the station, it shows up on the radar, but I am unable to lock on to it.

P.S. I am a diehard fan of BDAc and have been using it since 1.3.x

Props to the whole team for making such an amazing mod

Edit: I tried with radomes as well, and it still didn't work ;.;

Edited by Aspacedog

9 hours ago, Aspacedog said:

I'm not sure if I have a problem or am simply misusing the parts in this mod

Hi no you aren't misusing the parts,  and are not the only one to have trouble locking , we all do. There's been 0 ,zero, development on space combat or it's requirements for many years, unlike everything else, which has had the benefit of 1000's of changes in just the past  2. 

Space combat in the context of the original BDA died at birth, the HEKV was never spectacular and was killed off before being fully developed.  It's back because of a chance discovery and many hours of tweaking and tuning.  It's fair to say however that many hundreds more hours will have to be spent before space combat could be described as anymore than an amusing diversion

The team are currently working on refining radar behavior to work better in space. There are some very particular and peculiar  requirements.  Due to the OP nature of the changes , if the radar is used anywhere but space.  extra code and refinements are being developed to prevent it's use for in atmosphere combat.

Radar lock in space seems impossible right now.

I have a space missile and a photon torpedo ready for release, but I'm holding back until someone decides to have a go at making a working space sensor/radar.

Edited by TheKurgan

17 hours ago, panzer1b said:

Finally, ive found a huge bug with the armor health module that is resulting in parts changing their HP values when building vehicles in editor.  Try attaching parts via symmetry, and they can occasionally bug out.  Ive been able to fix this issue on less complex tanks using .cfg edits, but its rather annoying and would appreciate it if placing parts using symmetry and or copy functions not result in component HP values jumping around all over the place...

Hi this has been noted  recently  #447

Taking off the team hat, and putting on the users hat, i don't like the autocalc, I've often found it's output to be weird, ineffectual or just plain zany. Although not the ideal solution for the average user, ( don't class you in that pool:wink:) I'd say that if you frequently  use the same range of parts for your craft, it's worth writing up some basic patches to eliminate the autocalc process.

The hipoint module should be ideally applied by patch , as placing the raw module directly into cfg result in the autocalc resetting the values to default

@PART[AnyPartYouChoose]
{
	%MODULE[HitpointTracker]
	{
		ArmorThickness = 240 // base armor value below this is mostly ineffective
		maxHitPoints = 1000  // user choice
		ExplodeMode = Never  // used for non fule carrying parts . Dynamic for for tanks 
	}	

}

17 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

If you are unable to fix the issue after reading that post there is nothing we can do for you as it is explained clear as day what needs to be done to fix the problem

Then explain because i saw that older crafts need to have all BDA parts removed. However the problems still persist.
If you are wanting a log file...i have a new PC and have yet to figure out how to do that.
If you are saying that the current release is only available for 1.4.2 and y'all have yet to get it working for 1.4.3, then just say that and i ll be fine until yall update so there is no need to be crypted about it.
if yall are wanting me to report it to github...the i can after i figure out how to get the log file and find out more about the issue beacuse i want to make sure i report it correctly
I know i have it installed right. 

Edited by War Eagle 1