[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Hey team,

Ive had a look through the forums and the game files but ive been unable to find a way to lower the minimum competition distance from 2km.

I was hoping some one could tell me what file its in so i can fiddle around with it.

Thanks,

Systern

13 hours ago, systern said:

Hey team,

Ive had a look through the forums and the game files but ive been unable to find a way to lower the minimum competition distance from 2km.

I was hoping some one could tell me what file its in so i can fiddle around with it.

Thanks,

Systern

Please refer to the ingame BDPedia (KSPedia) for detailed instructions on the operation of BDAc

The BDPedia has many entries in it and will give you a good overview of the controls and settings ... Click on the little blue book on lower right hand side of the screen

Edited by DoctorDavinci

With the new release's hitpoint system, temperature is no longer used for damage, can you guys tie parts temperature to gun overheating mechanic again? So that firing guns will heat the surrounding parts, and make it more visible to IR, and you can use heatsinks to make guns fire for longer.

compared to the previous version which is using heat parts, thee HP system seems pretty legit rn
but, it seems the HP is too much, making it's harder to gun down an aircraft
the HP editor seems to be removed, how bout y'all make parts have less HPs?

26 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

compared to the previous version which is using heat parts, thee HP system seems pretty legit rn

We plan to do some rebalance to the damage done by small caliber bullets (<20mm). 20 mm - 30mm bullets are powerful enough to take down a plane after 1 burst. 

6 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Anyone else have an empty BD tab in the SPH/VAB? The parts are there and are in the 'manufacturer' sub-tab but not the main one 

Sounds very much like you've installed the wrong version or have a deranged install.

26 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

making it's harder to gun down an aircraft

Hi the HP editors inclusion was an error , it's a dev tool and cheating :)
The damage system is currently under review , as it is not so much the hit points, as much as the ability of guns to remove them.
Ninja'd :ph34r:

2 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

There was never an HP editor in BDAc ... I think you are referring to the standalone Dev tool I created which has been discontinued

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Sounds very much like you've installed the wrong version or have a deranged install.

I definitely have the latest version, and it was a fresh install

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

I definitely have the latest version, and it was a fresh install

So either you have installed BDAc incorrectly, have the wrong version for your KSP version or you have another mod installed that is conflicting with BDAc ... Three possibilities, that's it that's all, no passing go, nothing else to be said on that matter

Now as for what is the issue at hand, remove any mods other than BDAc and PRE and see if this happens again (NO OTHER MODS) ... if it does happen again you have installed the mod incorrectly ...
SOLUTION: refer to the OP of this thread where it clearly explains installation procedures for BDAc

If it does not happen then you have installed the mod correctly and you now need to figure out which mod you have that is causing the conflict ...
SOLUTION: Read the following thread where it explains how to help us help you (and in the process help you help yourself ;) )

Edited by DoctorDavinci

11 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

There was never an HP editor in BDAc ... I think you are referring to the standalone Dev tool I created which has been discontinued

yeah that one

Hi I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing jammer issues. My jammers seem to just not work at all. Is this a known bug, or is it just me?

Also, flares seem to do nothing either.

I have the latest BDAc version (1.2.1), and I'm using the latest KSp version (1.4.3.2152)

Mods:

• Burn Together
  • Destruction Effects
  • Kerbal Foundries
  • KSP Wheel
  • Vesselmover

I also have the KSP expansion pack installed and physics range extender.

Edited by Engineering101

6 hours ago, Engineering101 said:

Hi I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing jammer issues. My jammers seem to just not work at all. Is this a known bug, or is it just me?

Also, flares seem to do nothing either.

I have the latest BDAc version (1.2.1), and I'm using the latest KSp version (1.4.3.2152)

Mods:

• Burn Together
  • Destruction Effects
  • Kerbal Foundries
  • KSP Wheel
  • Vesselmover

I also have the KSP expansion pack installed and physics range extender.

KSP.log please ... upload this file located in your main KSP directory to dropbox or some other file sharing site and paste the link here in this thread so we can take a look

Is anyone else having issues with craft textures glitching out while in-flight? I'm only noticing it when I have BDAc installed. It's like when you have parts clipping and the textures of multiple parts are fighting to display (Can't remember the actual term for this). It actually gets worse and worse over the duration of a flight, and I think it might be something to do with physics range extender, because it seems to get worse once another craft is loaded in.

Normally, I would be able to ignore this as minor, but it gets really bad, and actually makes the parts and whole craft wobble. I have no idea what could be making this happen. I've tried it in both versions of KSP (32/64 bit) and it did the same thing in ksp 1.4.2 and I was hoping it was something that got fixed in the 1.4.3 recompile.

20 minutes ago, Fireheart_Industries said:

Is anyone else having issues with craft textures glitching out while in-flight? I'm only noticing it when I have BDAc installed. It's like when you have parts clipping and the textures of multiple parts are fighting to display (Can't remember the actual term for this). It actually gets worse and worse over the duration of a flight, and I think it might be something to do with physics range extender, because it seems to get worse once another craft is loaded in.

Normally, I would be able to ignore this as minor, but it gets really bad, and actually makes the parts and whole craft wobble. I have no idea what could be making this happen. I've tried it in both versions of KSP (32/64 bit) and it did the same thing in ksp 1.4.2 and I was hoping it was something that got fixed in the 1.4.3 recompile.

It's known issue related to unity/ksp and  Physics range extender, however , all PRE does is make it more evident , even in a pure stock install the effect still occurs.  It is very bad in KSP1.4.(useless) . and has been noticed by all.   

At no time has it been noted that it's anything other than a graphical glitch, any other behavior, such as the wobbling you mention  is likely being caused by other interactions

8 hours ago, Engineering101 said:

Sorry I forgot about that. Here it is:

Hi I've been through your log, and nowhere do i see a jammer being activated , i could have missed an activation but I'd expect jammer trouble to show itself in repeated activations of the unit .  Also in your log you fire exclusively AIM120's these are radar guided and will not be affected by flares,  radar guided missiles need chaff to break up the radar signal , Flares are only a suitable countermeasure for heat seekers .  Similarly BDA  jammers are only effective against radar primary  and terminal guidance type missiles not heat seekers.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

3 hours ago, Fireheart_Industries said:

So this issue is a problem with the Unity engine

If you've been playing KSP for awhile you will remember that there used to be a 4gig limit on memory usage which was fixed with the x64 compatibility that was implemented ... well I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it appears that some processes have a 32 bit cap, even on a 64 bit build

If a scene in Unity goes over 4gigs your pooch is gonna be screwed and there is pretty much nothing that can be done about it until Unity fixes their engine .... It is even in Unity 2018.1 with no known fix

PRE only exacerbates this issue and the more mods you have installed the more prominent the texture glitching 

TL;DR - Unity is the cause of this problem and PRE only makes it more noticeable 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibear said:

How functional are the HEKVs in the most recent version? I've done a little testing but I'm not sure what the proper way to use them is.

Hi , there needs to be some  internal changes within BDA in order for it to be truly functional. The missile itself performs admirably  however  In the current release the targeting is less than optimal (annoyingly unreliable), but then up until a month or so ago , non of it was working :)   I'm fairly confident that once the changes come on line, space combat in one form at least will be possible ( hits in excess of 100km have been achieved in testing) and i think we've all wiped out the space center from orbit0