[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

On 5/14/2018 at 7:38 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

So this issue is a problem with the Unity engine

If you've been playing KSP for awhile you will remember that there used to be a 4gig limit on memory usage which was fixed with the x64 compatibility that was implemented ... well I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it appears that some processes have a 32 bit cap, even on a 64 bit build

If a scene in Unity goes over 4gigs your pooch is gonna be screwed and there is pretty much nothing that can be done about it until Unity fixes their engine .... It is even in Unity 2018.1 with no known fix

PRE only exacerbates this issue and the more mods you have installed the more prominent the texture glitching 

TL;DR - Unity is the cause of this problem and PRE only makes it more noticeable 

Interestingly enough, krakentech seems to make it worse/appear sooner. But not always. And often Unity fixes it itself. I haven't been able to find a pattern, it happens just as often with vanilla as heavily modded with scatterer, EVE, TU and OpenGL. Sometimes it doesn't occur for hours while flying heavy stock helicopters.

Weird stuff.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:04 AM, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

compared to the previous version which is using heat parts, thee HP system seems pretty legit rn
but, it seems the HP is too much, making it's harder to gun down an aircraft
the HP editor seems to be removed, how bout y'all make parts have less HPs?

I do not have much problems with the HP design right now. however I do have issues with the Armor system and feel it is very frustrating.
Now I know I am likely working with an older version of BDAc (I think V1.0.0) but the armor seems to be nothing but an extra bonus pool of HP which has to be worked through before HP can be damaged. on top of that the Armor points are basically weightless and cost free.

So has any of this been changed in the newer builds?

1 hour ago, Warth_IX said:

I do not have much problems with the HP design right now. however I do have issues with the Armor system and feel it is very frustrating.
Now I know I am likely working with an older version of BDAc (I think V1.0.0) but the armor seems to be nothing but an extra bonus pool of HP which has to be worked through before HP can be damaged. on top of that the Armor points are basically weightless and cost free.

So has any of this been changed in the newer builds?

Armor isn't really armor in the sense of what the word means ... think of armor more like the structural integrity of the part

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Armor isn't really armor in the sense of what the word means ... think of armor more like the structural integrity of the part

im not sure that I follow your meaning
is it still considered an ablative resource (i.e. the armor value reduces each time the part takes a hit and once it is gone the parts hit points start being reduced)
or is it being changed to something like a resistance (i.e. incoming damage is reduced based on the value of the armor which means thick enough armor can become impervious to damage from lighter sources. Like for instance 500 mm armor part would be immune to damage from a .50 cal weapon but might suffer some damage from a 105 MM  weapon, and provide only medium or minor protection from say 16 inch guns)
Which of those examples  more accurately reflects the armor damage model?

2 hours ago, Warth_IX said:

im not sure that I follow your meaning
is it still considered an ablative resource (i.e. the armor value reduces each time the part takes a hit and once it is gone the parts hit points start being reduced)
or is it being changed to something like a resistance (i.e. incoming damage is reduced based on the value of the armor which means thick enough armor can become impervious to damage from lighter sources. Like for instance 500 mm armor part would be immune to damage from a .50 cal weapon but might suffer some damage from a 105 MM  weapon, and provide only medium or minor protection from say 16 inch guns)
Which of those examples  more accurately reflects the armor damage model?

Your second description is more along the lines of how the armor works ... Easy way of thinking about it is to replace the word 'Armor' with 'Structural Integrity'

On 4/30/2018 at 3:46 PM, TheKurgan said:

@dundun92

Was that the issue?

Even after fiddling with the texture/render quality settings, it still doesn't work. Also, Anti-Aliasing is on "none", And vsync on "Every V-Blank", dunno if that will help.

On 5/12/2018 at 9:20 AM, DoctorDavinci said:

Please refer to the ingame BDPedia (KSPedia) for detailed instructions on the operation of BDAc

The BDPedia has many entries in it and will give you a good overview of the controls and settings ... Click on the little blue book on lower right hand side of the screen

Hey Doc,

I've gone through the BDPedia in game and it doesnt have any info on how to drop it below 2km. Seems its the hard set minimum and im hoping to find a way to change it to below that. 

Thanks again

On 5/17/2018 at 5:12 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

Your second description is more along the lines of how the armor works ... Easy way of thinking about it is to replace the word 'Armor' with 'Structural Integrity'

hey is there a railgun in this mod, a giant rail gun, akin to a mac :D ?

Do you guys have a fix for the fact that one of the planes in my dogfight competition using the standard settings in KSP 1.4.3/BDAc 1.2.1 flies towards their competitors before the competition starts? Would include a ksp.log if I knew how to but perhaps there's some way of fixing it. Also yes, I have installed BDAc properly and with PRE inside the correct folder in the correct version of KSP. This is ruining my test results since I have t constantly click cancel and reclick the start button, thus creating a variable that may affect test results.

Hello all,

I've been getting back into the swing of things.  I've had some discussions with the testing team about some longstanding annoyances in the UI, and decided to do a maintenance release to address some of them.

So, with that said.  Here is BDAc 1.2.1.1 with some (hopefully) great UI improvements to make you quality of play a bit better.  Also a few new tidbits that some of you may like.

BDAc v1.2.1.1
* NEW FEATURES:
  * Added ModuleSpaceRadar.  This limits use of space based radars supporting this module to outside the atmosphere. By DoctorDavinci and Kergan
  * Added Air to ground versions of Air to Air radars.  By SpannerMonkey(smce)
  * Added new explosion effects.  By SpannerMonkey(smce)

* ENHANCEMENTS:
  * Added boundary checking to all moveable windows.  Now windows cannot be positioned off the screen.
  * Added ability to scale Radar Warning Receiver Window.  Scale persists to config file and can be changed in Settings.
  * Redesigned and added ability to scale Radar Window.  Scale persists to config file and can be changed in Settings.
  * Added a toggle to collapse/expand the list of GPS targets on the Weapon Manager window.
  * Increased the number of range steps in the Radar display.  Now can display up to 1000km by default.
  * Added Dynamic range settings to Radar Display based on the max range of the radars in operation.
  * Added close buttons to the upper right of some windows.
  * Added option in Settings to turn off Bullet Hole Decals (may help with performance)

* FIXES
  * Cleaned up obsolete and deprecated unity method calls.
  * Removed MM config 30_bdac_missiles_terminalmaneuvering.cfg.  No longer used.
  * Fixed radar locking in space. Git PR #517. By JRodriguez

I hope you enjoy the changes!

Edited by Papa_Joe

20 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Hello all,

I've been getting back into the swing of things.  I've had some discussions with the testing team about some longstanding annoyances in the UI, and decided to do a maintenance release to address some of them.

So, with that said.  Here is BDAc 1.2.1.1 with some (hopefully) great UI improvements to make you quality of play a bit better.  Also a few new tidbits that some of you may like.

BDAc v1.2.1.1
* NEW FEATURES:
  * Added ModuleSpaceRadar.  This limits use of space based radars supporting this module to outside the atmosphere. By DoctorDavinci and Kergan
  * Added Air to ground versions of Air to Air radars.  By SpannerMonkey(smce)
  * Added new explosion effects.  By SpannerMonkey(smce)

* ENHANCEMENTS:
  * Added boundary checking to all moveable windows.  Now windows cannot be positioned off the screen.
  * Added ability to scale Radar Warning Receiver Window.  Scale persists to config file and can be changed in Settings.
  * Redesigned and added ability to scale Radar Window.  Scale persists to config file and can be changed in Settings.
  * Added a toggle to collapse/expand the list of GPS targets on the Weapon Manager window.
  * Increased the number of range steps in the Radar display.  Now can display up to 1000km by default.
  * Added Dynamic range settings to Radar Display based on the max range of the radars in operation.
  * Added close buttons to the upper right of some windows.
  * Added option in Settings to turn off Bullet Hole Decals (may help with performance)

* FIXES
  * Cleaned up obsolete and deprecated unity method calls.
  * Removed MM config 30_bdac_missiles_terminalmaneuvering.cfg.  No longer used.
  * Fixed radar locking in space. Git PR #517. By JRodriguez

I hope you enjoy the changes!

I have some issues with SAM missiles with VLS when guard mode is on.

I set the missile radar guided with maxOffBoresight = 360 & lockedSensorFOV = 360 and make the missile active radar > maxlaunchdistance and the missile is set only to engage missile and fighter.

And the VLS is always open.

Once I turn on the guard mode, it seems that only the ship - ship missile can be launched. And ship - air missile wont launch properly.

I can see the guard mode successfully lock on the incoming missile, and switch to the anti - air missile, but the missile will never be launched.

The guard mode is setting like this:

firing interval = 1

Burst lenth = 0

field of view = 360

visual range = 10000

guns range = 2500

missile/tgt = 2

And the radar is able to decetive 1000km with 0m*2 RCS(experimental) 

So, is that something with BDAc or with my settings?

And how can I get it work properly?

Thanks a lot !

28 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

And how can I get it work properly? 

Hi,  with Vertical launchers and any tube type launcher it's important that the missile is not obstructed or touching the launchers colliders.   Will the missile fire manually?  you should be able to , with guard mode off select the missile from the WM, and fire it with the mouse. If it will not fire manually , go into the BDA weapons setting window and turn clearance check off and re test.  If it fire with clearance off,  then there's a problem either with the mounting of the missile in the tube, or the tube itself.  

It's also worth pointing out  that the AI likes SAM's to be able to be pointed at the target, not trapped in a deep tube, and 99 times out of 100 if there is another weapon with a better chance of a hit then it'll use that in preference.  

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi,  with Vertical launchers and any tube type launcher it's important that the missile is not obstructed or touching the launchers colliders.   Will the missile fire manually?  you should be able to , with guard mode off select the missile from the WM, and fire it with the mouse. If it will not fire manually , go into the BDA weapons setting window and turn clearance check off and re test.  If it fire with clearance off,  then there's a problem either with the mounting of the missile in the tube, or the tube itself.  

It's also worth pointing out  that the AI likes SAM's to be able to be pointed at the target, not trapped in a deep tube, and 99 times out of 100 if there is another weapon with a better chance of a hit then it'll use that in preference.  

Thanks, Ive checked the collider of the tube.

The tube is all right and there's no problem shooting missiles manually with clearance on.

My thoughts is that if I only have anti-air missiles in my ships VLS system, how can I have them launched properly in the guard mode?

Cuz they can can only be launched manually and the debug line is always display 'selected weapon: xxxx(the missile I have)' but not launch them.

I even build a rotate launcher use the exact the same tube and it works perfectl fine.

I assume it is because the VLS's launching FOV is too small, is that right and how can we solve that?

Thanks again

10 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

I assume it is because the VLS's launching FOV is too small, is that right and how can we solve that?

You'll need to provide multiple attach nodes , in order to have the missiles located as close to the doors as possible.
  Also as i mentioned how the launcher is set up will have an effect, in descending order of reliability  when used in guard mode. Top choice any properly set up and cfg'd missile turret based VLS ,  next  cargo bay module based  launchers, properly configured and working as cargo bays , which is the only way the AI can use them.  and right down at the bottom of the list is  a box with an animate generic animated lid

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

4 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

Hello, I noticed that the Trancers are not rendering at all in BDAc 1.2.1

I'll be posting the issue in the github with a video and log to go with my findings.

seems like it's intended, the devs set the tracers to be available only on full res setting

25 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

seems like it's intended, the devs set the tracers to be available only on full res setting

Well, the KSP devs, not us :) It seems that after KSP 1.4 the textures that we were using for BDA are not displayed correctly with the same standard KSP settings 

Edited by jrodriguez

23 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You'll need to provide multiple attach nodes , in order to have the missiles located as close to the doors as possible.
  Also as i mentioned how the launcher is set up will have an effect, in descending order of reliability  when used in guard mode. Top choice any properly set up and cfg'd missile turret based VLS ,  next  cargo bay module based  launchers, properly configured and working as cargo bays , which is the only way the AI can use them.  and right down at the bottom of the list is  a box with an animate generic animated lid

Can you give me some specific details how to get it set?

I only want the VLS to be used properly with guard mode. Not the rotate missile turret, just the VLS.

The legacy targeting will have the missiles fired with guard mode, but with no target lock on.

And also I think we should add a firing channels for guard mode, as how many targets we can hit at the same time. This could be really useful to simulate a combat without manually click the knots on the radar to lock on.

Edited by Johnny005611

12 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Well, the KSP devs, not us :) It seems that after KSP 1.4 the textures that we were using for BDA are not displayed correctly with the same standard KSP settings 

I've been experimenting with various texture issues with KSP and BDA.  WIth what I have learned, I've managed to tweak the radar displays to function correctly in 1/4 res settings in KSP.  So, with that said, I will attempt to look over the other graphics to see if I can work some magic on them to behave correctly.

Edited by Papa_Joe

20 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

I've been experimenting with various texture issues with KSP and BDA.  WIth what I hae learned, I'e managed to tweak the radar displays to function correctly in 1/4 res settings in KSP.  So, with that said, I will attempt to look over the other graphics to see if I can work some magic on them to behave correctly.

Well, I guess it's a good thing I mentioned it. This way, players who don't want to crank settings all the way to have a full graphical experience can enjoy the mods they want to use.