[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

On 5/25/2018 at 4:27 PM, Johnny005611 said:

46 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

What do you mean by independent turrets? Cuz no matter how much turrets I have they are only used by one weapon manager and lock only one target at a time

I mean that instead of turrets mounted on one piece, build them as seperate vehicles.

Is it possible to have turrets locking onto multiple targets simultaneously in the future? Or is there a limitation that restricts such possibilities? It would be great if it can happen. For example, one gun turret locking onto an incoming missile while another firing at an enemy aircraft.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:27 PM, Johnny005611 said:

Will it be possible to add more firing channels for the guard mode?

Only one doesnt seem enough

do you mean like...
still can control the fixed guns while the turrets controlled by the AI?

1 hour ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

do you mean like...
still can control the fixed guns while the turrets controlled by the AI?

I think what he means is that the ai can be tweaked to fire 1,2 or 3 weapons.

By the way, will the bdac team add some heavy ordinance (not nukes), such as the MOAB?

4 hours ago, CVerts said:

For example, one gun turret locking onto an incoming missile while another firing at an enemy aircraft.

You want to make the AI even harder to beat? I have built simple defense sites (using more than BDA weapons) that are nearly unbeatable with a single aircraft. 

The AI will switch to it's point defense systems, take out a missile, switch back to AA guns, or missiles and ruin my day... if it was doing both at the same time, it would be insane.

33 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

By the way, will the bdac team add some heavy ordinance (not nukes), such as the MOAB?

No, not likely at all, there are several BDAc extension mods out there that add weapons like this. 

Edited by TheKurgan

RE multiple targets and the BD AI, I must admit to some difficulty in seeing the need,  we frequently run combat scenarios involving single vessel v multiple enemies and have the single vessel come out on top,  in one case 15 missile laden aircraft launched at a ship , resulted in all 15 aircraft lost with minimal damage to the ship .  It is also possible to build almost unbeatable defense platforms, you can take them down, but the cost is very high.

SO the fact is that the  AI can and will attack multiple targets when used with effective radar ,  a turreted missile launcher will launch, if set to 1 missile per target,  one missile per locked radar target.   This is what makes a ship so difficult to beat, with enough missiles on board and effective radar , effectively everything in flight is a a target.

I'll say right now that to do this, some of the parts required are not BDA parts, but when provided with these parts the AI will make best use of them . 

Which rolls nicely into the final question, adding parts to BDA, the team decided long ago that BDA would be primarily a strong base framework from which other mods would grow.  If a new system is developed that needs a new part, then that part will be added to BDA . But parts would not be added just for the sake of adding parts,   this means that BDA also provides example of almost all the things that can be done with the code .

On 4/27/2018 at 1:50 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi cool, you did much better than most,

The problem
1   you are using the wrong version of BDA  you need this one https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v1.2.0/BDArmory.1.2.0_04242018.zip

For KSP 1.4.x you are using the version for ksp 1.3

2 Module manage master  you should not  have that in your install , that is likely the full code delete it .  you only need this single item https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll

Hi im having the same issues as this guy where it says the module manarger is not found in bright red. but im using 1.4.3 and the latest version of BDA.

I think this is my log...if its not i need yall to tell me where to find it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aRVavSyNjTirmL4QkkixCHvswIICXbgd/view?usp=sharing

Edited by War Eagle 1

19 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Hi im having the same issues as this guy where it says the module manarger is not found in bright red. but im using 1.4.3 and the latest version of BDA.

I think this is my log...if its not i need yall to tell me where to find it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aRVavSyNjTirmL4QkkixCHvswIICXbgd/view?usp=sharing

I have reviewed you log (thank you!) and it shows that Module Manager is not loading.  So, that leads me to believe that it is either in the wrong place in the folder structure, or you do not have it at all.  I suggest you check to see where it is, and place the ModuleManager.dll file in the GameData folder.  Please note that Module Manager is NOT included with the BDA distribution.  So you will have to download it yourself.

Hope that helps.

3 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

I have reviewed you log (thank you!) and it shows that Module Manager is not loading.  So, that leads me to believe that it is either in the wrong place in the folder structure, or you do not have it at all.  I suggest you check to see where it is, and place the ModuleManager.dll file in the GameData folder.  Please note that Module Manager is NOT included with the BDA distribution.  So you will have to download it yourself.

Hope that helps.

I cant seem to find the module manager.ddl file anywhere. Any chance i can have a download link for it? 

2 minutes ago, RogueWraith909 said:

Question... does anyone know of a way to get tracer fire from the guns to show?  which setting do i need to change? 

Its currenly a bug but it seems it will be fixed in the next update

2 hours ago, RogueWraith909 said:

Question... does anyone know of a way to get tracer fire from the guns to show?  which setting do i need to change? 

2 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Its currenly a bug but it seems it will be fixed in the next update

Set your texture quality to high

On 5/24/2018 at 1:39 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Yes.  It is possible.  In the short term, you can change the setting manually in the settings.cfg.  Simply change the RWR_WINDOW_SIZE to a number like 1.25 (125%) for the warning receiver.  Or, change the RADAR_WINDOW_SIZE for the Radar window.  Note that if you go into the settings window to make changes (in game) it will likely revert to the limits set in the code.

With that said, I could also add parameters for min size and max size, so the user could set the range themselves in the settings file.  I'm a firm believer in choice, so it makes sense to me.  Default settings could be 50% to 150%, with 100% the initial setting.

Hey Papa_Joe,

could you also add the ability to change the max min competition distance in the settings as well? 

So I was testing with turrets. I slammed a bunch of cruise missile and fired them at a turret choked full with anti air missiles. One was on the vab while the other was on a mountain top next to island runway. When i tried to switch to a about to be destroyed missile, one of my turret was thrown into the air while the other sunk into the ocean. Is this normal?

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

So I was testing with turrets. I slammed a bunch of cruise missile and fired them at a turret choked full with anti air missiles. One was on the vab while the other was on a mountain top next to island runway. When i tried to switch to a about to be destroyed missile, one of my turret was thrown into the air while the other sunk into the ocean. Is this normal?

Have you set physics range extender to like 100km and restart the save/game (not sure which)? if you havent set it up correctly and are engaging vessels outside of 8-10km what ever the default is, when the vessels load in they fall through the ground and explode or bounce into the air 

Edited by systern

1 hour ago, systern said:

Hey Papa_Joe,

could you also add the ability to change the max min competition distance in the settings as well? 

But you can already specify competition distance.

11 minutes ago, CVerts said:

@Xd the great Please refer to this thread, bear in mind it hasn't been updated for a while. 

So i suppose it isnt compatible with bdac v 1.2.1.1? Still, it does not support AI kerbals.

Another idea is to add a new turret for mounting stationary weapons and turning them into rotating turrets.

Edited by Xd the great