[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

So i suppose it isnt compatible with bdac v 1.2.1.1? Still, it does not support AI kerbals.

Another idea is to add a new turret for mounting stationary weapons and turning them into rotating turrets.

Go back to page 95 i think it is of this thread. Whole discussion of how that wont work

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

Another idea is to add a new turret for mounting stationary weapons and turning them into rotating turrets.

Hi it's been done , there's an example of a universal turret in SM AFV, and an explanation of the fundamentals can be found in the post below

3 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Having a slighly crazy idea for future development. Get kerbals to have guns and switch between civilian/military. Give them the ai control, and let them fight for control of the ksc.

Also been done, the mod linked is another one of mine ,  currently the weapons have been turned over to Doc Davinci for inclusion in his current project, whatever that is :wink: . Do note that non of the versions currently available for download are suitable for BDA or KSP from 1.2.2 onwards. Changes to the kerbals killed the mod , as BDA weapon were unable to cause any damage to Kerbs, that situation is now resolved via BDA code.

sDGcZ17.gif

5 hours ago, systern said:

yeah but only to a minimum of 2000m i want to be able to set a min of say 200 - 500m for ground forces

Hi unless you are setting up literally dozens of vehicles,  for ground combat i suggest setting the minimum engagement range on the surface AI  to around 50 meters and starting the competition  via the vessel mover craft switcher window , rather than  using the BDA competition mode from the settings window . I regularly do this with 5v5 and 10v10s , so it's not a massive amount of hassle . I will say though that for any decently setup craft and weapons  that at such short range 2-500 mtrs  it'll be over very quickly

I have a suggestion.

Will you guys add multitasking to the BDA AI? So that a bomber can drop bombs while managing its rear turret? That means that a bomber doesn't have to stop what it is doing just because a plane is on its tail.

1 hour ago, dundun93 said:

Will you guys add multitasking to the BDA AI?

Hi if you read back a page you'll see this question was recently asked , and then answered with several reasons why (certain members of the team, being those who do conduct combat scenarios (game play tests) on a large scale, think  )  it's not a good idea. 

And I'll give you another really good reason why its not a good idea to continue dropping armed  high explosives from you aircraft while being attacked...... Ripple detonation!  if just one of those bombs get hit, especially if they're a decent size,  it will detonate the whole stick, including those in the bomb bay , usually destroying the bombing aircraft completely.  (edit) note that i say armed, because if they are not armed, the resulting explosion is that of any normal, similar mass ,  part, when armed however any hit will trigger a full detonation. Anyone running  fighter with missile battles will have already seen banks of un-launched missiles destroyed by  gunfire

Which BTW is exactly whats happened in the image below , just as i started the bomb run

rvMJjCD.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

I cant seem to get Anti Air missiles to fire at air targets from VLS tubes in guard mode. it fires with regular missile launcher turrets and VLS tubes work fine for anti ship operations. On top of that if i manually fire the missiles they work fine. 
The AI locks onto the air target too but just doesnt fire the shot. 

2 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I cant seem to get Anti Air missiles to fire at air targets from VLS tubes in guard mode. it fires with regular missile launcher turrets and VLS tubes work fine for anti ship operations. On top of that if i manually fire the missiles they work fine. 

Much like any possible bug, more information is needed. Perhaps video or screenshots, and a copy of the KSP.log for those that know how to translate them. I can tell you for a fact that I can fire missiles from VLS tubes just fine using guard mode.

12 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Much like any possible bug, more information is needed. Perhaps video or screenshots, and a copy of the KSP.log for those that know how to translate them. I can tell you for a fact that I can fire missiles from VLS tubes just fine using guard mode.

yeah against ships VLS works fine...only Ship to air doesnt work
log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nAkKBQG6CHcG73vNjOX2KTYc0i2Mr6sp/view?usp=sharing

Edited by War Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I ll post a log in a sec.
And yeah against ships VLS works fine...only Ship to air doesnt work

I'm talking ABOUT ship vs air where VLS works fine.

44 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

So as far as I know there are no VLS tubes in BDAc

14 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

@War Eagle 1 What VLS tubes are we talking about here? What mod are they from?

SM Armory latest version. 
That said ive tired other VLS tubes from other mods and i get the same results.
It locks on but doesnt fire

Edited by War Eagle 1

20 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Set your texture quality to high

I tried doing it from in-game, and the launcher, and restarting multiple times, but it still isn't working. I don't have acess to the log though RN.

6 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

SM Armory latest version. 

If you're talking about the SLBM launcher, that's really meant for the large ballistic missiles and I'm sure with smaller missiles it sets off the collision check. There are no dedicated VLS launchers in SM Armory however that I am aware of.

Edited by XOC2008

21 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

@War Eagle 1 This one from MalFunc Industries? Or the ones from one of the boat mods?

Hide contents

zsUhw1B.png

the type 45 from SM armory. Spammer Monkeys mod
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13unxFglLA4N0qoAZkit6uBtEfiy6DPS6/view?usp=sharing

Edited by War Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

It locks on but doesnt fire

I'll try to help you here:

1) What missile are you trying to use? (not all missiles are good at intercepting other missiles. Try the 57e6SMA missile from SMI Missile Launchers

2) What's the missile's launch direction (you set it to forward right)?

3) set decouple speed to 10

4) missile drop time is zero right?

5) is it a tiny missile in a big tube? (Probably won't work)

2 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I'll try to help you here:

1) What missile are you trying to use? (not all missiles are good at intercepting other missiles. Try the 57e6SMA missile from SMI Missile Launchers

2) What's the missile's launch direction (you set it to forward right)?

3) set decouple speed to 10

4) missile drop time is zero right?

5) is it a tiny missile in a big tube? (Probably won't work)

1. Im trying just about everything. I ll try those tho. 
2. Yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. No...so far ive tired the Metor missile from SmI missile launchers in the Type 45 VLS tube from SM Armory. 

5 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

SPANNER. And that would be SM Marine, not SM Armory. Neither of which are BDAc.

It says its in SM Armory tho. 

11 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

@War Eagle 1 Ok, this is my setup for an anti-missile system:

The Searam launcher from Malfunc

and the 57E6SMA missile from SM_MissileLaunchers.

Hide contents

TKjHq7z.png

Note the settings on the missile.

That may work but I ll have to try to figure out how im going to do it.
See im with a military role play group and we have set rules bout things like how many missiles can be on a ship. 
As such i have to build my ships with weapon count and part count in mind. If i cant get it to work the way its needs to be i ll try that idea out

Tho TBH im trying to get rid of Malfuc from my ships because its SO out dated

Edit::: i just found out Spanner now has updated Malfunc so ill try that and see if that fixes it

Edited by War Eagle 1

Man, ground battles are spectacular!

Sent two 4x tank formations against each other:

Spoiler

ns1SGW2.jpg

I love to take a few AMRAAM's for the opening salvos; they make spectacular artillery rockets! :D 

Spoiler

qt0Wbm7.jpg

dVLeDeh.jpg

Good for softening up enemies and destroying some equipment, even if the armor won't be broken:

Spoiler

gfDufJw.jpg

QpvXPq9.jpg

Fun stuff! Can't wait to play around with Ships or Hovercraft, that should be fun.