[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

4 hours ago, Halo305sparts said:

Hey is there active nuclear weapons/bombs,missiles and warheads mods for bdarmory  ?

North Kerbin Dynamics/Weaponry has not been updated for the latest BDArmory, so there are currently no mods with nuclear weaponry (that provide nuclear explosions). But, for instance, SMI Missiles and Launchers has ICBMs, just no mushroom clouds.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:46 PM, Xd the great said:

not aware that such tubes are in BDAc. are you using other mods?

dont worry i found it. Seems like a wrong install.

What do you mean by wrong install

On 6/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, XOC2008 said:

Since no one addressed this, I will. There are no VLS tubes in BDAc so mentioning that in this thread doesn't help you. I will however say that I am 99% certain this is a result of using missiles with a small offboresight number. Under 135/150 degrees offboresight will result in the AI ignoring the target despite having a radar lock because the MISSILE won't have a lock till the plane is nearly overhead, and by then it will be moving too fast to get a lock and fire. Find a missile with a larger offboresight number and test.

I have done this and still nothing.

6 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

What do you mean by wrong install

I have done this and still nothing.

I don't know what to tell you, then. The test team has gone through this and have found that the AI will utilize missiles with over 135 degrees of offboresight in VLS tubes. Since the information you give, and continue to give, is pretty much slim and none, my best guess is that you're doing something wrong and until we are given more information all we can continue to do is make guesses. But the fact is the missiles will fire correctly in our test scenarios.

3 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

I don't know what to tell you, then. The test team has gone through this and have found that the AI will utilize missiles with over 135 degrees of offboresight in VLS tubes. Since the information you give, and continue to give, is pretty much slim and none, my best guess is that you're doing something wrong and until we are given more information all we can continue to do is make guesses. But the fact is the missiles will fire correctly in our test scenarios.

Well i did send a log a while back but no one replied to that post.

The log did not tell us anything of significant value that would have led to determining the cause of this issue. What missiles are you using? What radar are you using? What version are you using? Have you deleted partdatabase and MM cache files? Have you edited the offboresight numbers to check what works? These are important details.

Edit: Not entirely true. The logfile DID tell us that you have an exceptionally error-ridden install and should follow Papa's advice below.

Edited by XOC2008

@War Eagle 1, if I might offer a suggestion.

In the OP are instructions for troubleshooting.  Please follow these steps.  If you still have a problem after this, then provide the following information to aid us in understanding your problem:

1. Install a clean game install with ONLY the mods needed to demonstrate the issue you are having.  Many times this will also help you know if you have a mod conflict.
  2. Current log file of that game session where the problem occurs.  The log file will tell us what mods you have installed
  3. Craft/Parts used for the testing conditions that can reproduce the error.  
  4. A game save file that contains the craft and an existing flight where the problem can be determined.
  5. a detailed series of steps taken to reproduce.

Unless we have this info, we cannot help you.  There are simply too many combinations of parts/ crafts that can be built with BDAc and the many weapons mods that exist.  Good luck in your efforts!

Edited by Papa_Joe

20 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

@War Eagle 1, if I might offer a suggestion.

In the OP are instructions for troubleshooting.  Please follow these steps.  If you still have a problem after this, then provide the following information to aid us in understanding your problem:

1. Install a clean game install with ONLY the mods needed to demonstrate the issue you are having.  Many times this will also help you know if you have a mod conflict.
  2. Current log file of that game session where the problem occurs.  The log file will tell us what mods you have installed
  3. Craft/Parts used for the testing conditions that can reproduce the error.  
  4. A game save file that contains the craft and an existing flight where the problem can be determined.
  5. a detailed series of steps taken to reproduce.

Unless we have this info, we cannot help you.  There are simply too many combinations of parts/ crafts that can be built with BDAc and the many weapons mods that exist.  Good luck in your efforts!

I ll see what i can do
Thx

20 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

If I knew exactly what missile, and what launcher you were using I might be able to help.

Ive tried Malfuc industires continued's VLS tube with the essm missiles

7 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Ive tried Malfuc industires continued's VLS tube with the essm missiles

the RIM162ESSMs missile only has a maxOffBoresight = 90, no good for VLS. 

Let me find one for you to try.

3 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

the RIM162ESSMs missile only has a maxOffBoresight = 90, no good for VLS. 

Let me find one for you to try.

Ive also tried the one from SMA missles that has an MOB=160 and it still didnt fire

From SM_Armory, try the UGM-109B

Or from SMI_MissileLaunchers:

the 3M54T Kalibr Anti-Ship Cruise Missile

AA10 AlamoD R27ET Air to Air Missile

Edited by TheKurgan

31 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

From SM_Armory, try the UGM-109B

Or from SMI_MissileLaunchers:

the 3M54T Kalibr Anti-Ship Cruise Missile

AA10 AlamoD R27ET Air to Air Missile

Anti ship and ground missiles work fine. Just anti air.

Ive tired the AA10. same result

Yeah my mistake, the AA10 was a bad choice, it's a heatseeker.

I have been trying the Malfunct VLS tubes, and I am not able to get them to work with the AI and anti air missiles either.

We are looking into it.

Edited by TheKurgan

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

I have been trying the Malfunct VLS tubes, and I am not able to get them to work with the AI and anti air missiles either.

We are looking into it.

Glad to hear it (i mean that you are working on it not that you have the issues). Thx

2 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

We are looking into it.

I managed to find a fix.
What i did was i tested the SM-2 from malfunc but i changed its FOV and MOB to 360 and it worked like a charm.
Yall may want to do it that way for future VLS missiles

7 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I managed to find a fix.
What i did was i tested the SM-2 from malfunc but i changed its FOV and MOB to 360 and it worked like a charm.
Yall may want to do it that way for future VLS missiles

360 is overkill but we're looking at it.

On 5/27/2018 at 2:34 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

RE multiple targets and the BD AI, I must admit to some difficulty in seeing the need,  we frequently run combat scenarios involving single vessel v multiple enemies and have the single vessel come out on top,  in one case 15 missile laden aircraft launched at a ship , resulted in all 15 aircraft lost with minimal damage to the ship .  It is also possible to build almost unbeatable defense platforms, you can take them down, but the cost is very high.

SO the fact is that the  AI can and will attack multiple targets when used with effective radar ,  a turreted missile launcher will launch, if set to 1 missile per target,  one missile per locked radar target.   This is what makes a ship so difficult to beat, with enough missiles on board and effective radar , effectively everything in flight is a a target.

I'll say right now that to do this, some of the parts required are not BDA parts, but when provided with these parts the AI will make best use of them .

AND

On 5/27/2018 at 2:17 PM, TheKurgan said:

You want to make the AI even harder to beat? I have built simple defense sites (using more than BDA weapons) that are nearly unbeatable with a single aircraft. 

The AI will switch to it's point defense systems, take out a missile, switch back to AA guns, or missiles and ruin my day... if it was doing both at the same time, it would be insane. 

/\ 

11 minutes ago, Lvdovicvs said:

So how about having the possibility to use multiple weapons at once, at least during guard mode

Hi we've discussed this at length , and i think the unanimous opinion is that it would be a bad thing. 

@War Eagle 1

Yes there is a problem with the current release of the old Malfunc VLS,   See below for the fixed version when used with  properly configured missiles, firing more or less any thing  that will fit . Update to the mods will follow shortly

And just for entertainment, as it's not all work,  JFL productions present the KruzeMissile

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@War Eagle 1

Yes there is a problem with the current release of the old Malfunc VLS,   See below for the fixed version when used with  properly configured missiles, firing more or less any thing  that will fit . Update to the mods will follow shortly

And just for entertainment, as it's not all work,  JFL productions present the KruzeMissile

Glad to hear it. Thx

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

a CAR? is this topgear trying to launch a car to the sky again?

Edited by [INDO]dimas_1502

8 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

a CAR? is this topgear trying to launch a car to the sky again?

Spanner is better than Top Gear. His flying cars actually fly. :D

I'm so utterly sorry if this has been asked before, but about a month ago I saw posts detailing low-kerbin orbit spy satellites with GPS abilities  and even mines that could be deployed. Are there current plans for these features?