[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

On 6/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, Secretkeeper626 said:

Hi, I was just wondering if this mod has or will have the parts from BDynamics? Thanks!

BDynamics is handled by linuxgurugamer

For some context some mods were taken over by other devs - this team supports BDArmory, VesselMover, BDMK22 - Adjustable Landing gear moved to Kerbal Foundries
I am sure I am missing something but a quick search will usually point you in the right direction

7 minutes ago, gomker said:

BDynamics is handled by linuxgurugamer

For some context some mods were taken over by other devs - this team supports BDArmory, VesselMover, BDMK22 - Adjustable Landing gear moved to Kerbal Foundries
I am sure I am missing something but a quick search will usually point you in the right direction

thank you! this helps a lot!

Just for the benefit of all of you out there waiting with baited breath for compatibility info on BDAc and KSP 1.4.4,  I would like to say that initial testing has shown that BDA, vessel mover, Vessel switcher and the other mods in the BDA universe maintained by the BDAc team look to be working just fine in KSP 1.4.4 with no recompiling necessary.

Carry on!

Edited by Papa_Joe

7 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

The weapon manager doesn't work, what to do?

Read the first post in this thread for instructions on how to help us help you :wink:

Also, did you read the instructions?

Please consult our in game BDPedia for detailed information on the operation of BDAc (KSPedia .... little blue book, lower right hand side of screen)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

@DoctorDavinci good day, and good work, I have a few questions relating to BD Armory operating in space, I have tried looking for the spoilers post but could not find it, I have also looked a few pages back but not found anything really. Could you let me know the current situation? I've personally never played with BD Armory but I think it would make for a great war series. 

May the Fleet of Glorious Retribution cleanse your world with holy fire and righteous might. Peace through superior firepower.

@DoctorDavinci good day, and good work, I have a few questions relating to BD Armory operating in space, I have tried looking for the spoilers post but could not find it, I have also looked a few pages back but not found anything really. Could you let me know the current situation? I've personally never played with BD Armory but I think it would make for a great war series. 

May the Fleet of Glorious Retribution cleanse your world with holy fire and righteous might. Peace through superior firepower.

13 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I apologize for the message going through many times, the forum was glitching

I thought you just stuttered or had a scorching case of OCD.

J/K :D

15 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

good day, and good work, I have a few questions relating to BD Armory operating in space

The short answer is sort-of not really :)  As you can see from JR's post above some things do work however, other things do not (namely the AI is not designed to function with RCS or fly in space)

The team has been kicking around ideas and incrementally making improvements - its is not a dedicated sprint right now, just something we toy with occasionally 

You can see here : https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A"Space+Combat" the issues that are related. This is not a comprehensive list of all things that need to be done in order for proper space combat though.

7 hours ago, gomker said:

The short answer is sort-of not really :)  As you can see from JR's post above some things do work however, other things do not (namely the AI is not designed to function with RCS or fly in space)

The team has been kicking around ideas and incrementally making improvements - its is not a dedicated sprint right now, just something we toy with occasionally 

You can see here : https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A"Space+Combat" the issues that are related. This is not a comprehensive list of all things that need to be done in order for proper space combat though.

cool. On that note, do you guys have railguns and if so, how large do they get?

Hello. I have installed the most recent version of BDArmoryContinued and P.R.E., but I am having issues. Here is a quick list:

- Radar just shows a black square. The actual green hud on the radar is replaced by the background image on the radar.

- No destruction at all. Bullets, missiles, bombs... they don't do anything. The explosion particles are sometimes off from where the actual explosive hit.

- Bullets are sometimes purple. Otherwise, they are enormous white lines. Again, no actual damage.

- I am not sure if this is intentional, but there is no BDArmory tab in the VAB or SPH. I have to use the Extended Filters Mod to access any weapons.

I have used BDArmory for a very long time now. However, the last time it ever worked perfectly for me was before 1.3. I have no other mods installed. I tried verifying cache, and reinstalling ksp. If you need any more information, just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Edited by Nuclearpigz
More issues have come up.

18 hours ago, Nuclearpigz said:

Hello. I have installed the most recent version of BDArmoryContinued and P.R.E., but I am having issues. Here is a quick list:

- Radar just shows a black square. The actual green hud on the radar is replaced by the background image on the radar.

Increase the texture quality in the main KSP settings to at least good although on some slower systems you still have to set it to high

- No destruction at all. Bullets, missiles, bombs... they don't do anything. The explosion particles are sometimes off from where the actual explosive hit.

Render setting in KSP settings follow the same as above

- Bullets are sometimes purple. Otherwise, they are enormous white lines. Again, no actual damage.

Sounds like you are forcing open gl .... to get around the purple/magenta shaders showing up the solution is to not force open gl (has been this way since KSP v1.2.x)

- I am not sure if this is intentional, but there is no BDArmory tab in the VAB or SPH. I have to use the Extended Filters Mod to access any weapons.

Not sure about this one ... Perhaps reading the OP of this thread would help as all the other answers I have given you are in there :wink:

edit: you should read the whole thing but the part I am referring to is the part that tells you what you need to do in order for you to help us to help you 

Edited by DoctorDavinci

3 hours ago, Lvdovicvs said:

Any way to use BDA from inside cockpit view operating it through the monitors? 

Maybe I have in mind some type of type of compatibility for ASET , not sure really. I just had this thought playing KSP today. 

I was looking into RasterProp monitor integration (which would allow for this) but it was much more difficult than I expected. - Open issue here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/45

Edited by gomker

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Increase the texture quality in the main KSP settings to at least good although on some slower systems you still have to set it to high

Render setting in KSP settings follow the same as above

Sounds like you are forcing open gl .... to get around the purple/magenta shaders showing up the solution is to not force open gl (has been this way since KSP v1.2.x)

Not sure about this one ... Perhaps reading the OP of this thread would help as all the other answers I have given you are in there :wink:

edit: you should read the whole thing but the part I am referring to is the part that tells you what you need to do in order for you to help us to help you 

Ok, the radar texture got fixed. However, the massive pink/white bullets are still a problem, as I do not have opengl forced. More importantly, bullets/bombs/missiles don't have any effect on anything. I have tested them on weak (and strong) areas of the KSC, other vehicles, and kerbals, but nothing happens at all.

4 hours ago, Nuclearpigz said:

Ok, the radar texture got fixed. However, the massive pink/white bullets are still a problem, as I do not have opengl forced. More importantly, bullets/bombs/missiles don't have any effect on anything. I have tested them on weak (and strong) areas of the KSC, other vehicles, and kerbals, but nothing happens at all.

KSP.log?

9 hours ago, gomker said:

I was looking into RasterProp monitor integration (which would allow for this) but it was much more difficult than I expected. - Open issue here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/45 

Maybe Im wrong here, but would it be a better way to integrate with Vessel Viewer?

Again Im very likely to be wrong, just putting an idea in.

Greetings all,

A quick one. I have memories of the HEKV missile having issues of going off-course/not tracking/failing to light. Have these issues been fixed at all, and has anyone had success with its deployment?

13 minutes ago, Messernacht said:

Greetings all,

A quick one. I have memories of the HEKV missile having issues of going off-course/not tracking/failing to light. Have these issues been fixed at all, and has anyone had success with its deployment?

Hi,

I suggest to give it a try :) . I think it works perfectly fine.