[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, Sticky3002 said:

Hello! First thing, this mod is absolutely amazing.

Second, I'm having this issue which I'm not sure if it's a bug or a toggable option and I'm kind of afraid this might be a stupid question since I'm a newbie :(... But when I have my weapons toggled on and fire them at a target afterwards, the weapons automatically toggle off when any of the target craft's parts explodes. Let me elaborate, let's say a part from any craft within the physics range explodes, if I have my weapons toggled on they'll toggle off automatically. Here are some screenshots: 

Hide contents

vlDMp6D.png

pgf1Y35.png

It's a bit of a non-issue since I can just hit my action group key to activate the weapons again, but I was wondering If I could get help on this? 

Thanx for the report .... If you could be so kind as to open an issue on our GitHub repository detailing this bug, reproduction steps etc.... - be as detailed as possible :)

The team uses the git repo issues section to track bugs, fixes and ideas that the community come up with as posts tend to get buried in this thread

Here is the link: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

We'll definitely want to take a look at this issue and our git repo is the best place to get all the devs to see that there is a problem (although I will bring this to the other lads attention)

Thanx again

11 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

You stepped in what?? You shot WHO!?!?

If you want to edit the .cfg file for a weapon to change it's RPM, open the cfg file for that weapon, scroll down until you find:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleWeapon

Under that, look for roundsPerMinute = 

Change that to your desired RPM.

Save and test :)

The sound is at the bottom of ModuleWeapon. Look for this:

fireSoundPath =

In here put the path for your custom sound. Should look like this one from my mod:

fireSoundPath = KTech/Parts/RGturret/RailGun

Where the sound file is Railgun.wav

Also notice the / instead of \

I want to know how to change the rocket pod's RPM instead of cannon's

Thank you all the same

On 7/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, BF2_Pilot said:

Could you tell me how can i change the rocket sound and how to set the fire rate of the rocker pod

The rocket sound is hardcoded  and cannot at this time be changed (see here )
The max ROF needs to be set in the launcher cfg if you want it slower than the default ripple speed.

MODULE
{
  name = RocketLauncher
  shortName = S-8KOM
  rocketType = S-8KOMRocket
  rocketMass = 0.009
  rocketModelPath = BDArmory/Parts/s-8Launcher/s-8Rocket/model
  thrust = 5.49
  thrustTime = 1
  blastRadius = 12 
  blastForce = 6
  rippleRPM = 1000 //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This 

}

The projectile/bullet fired by the guns is also hardcoded, there is no bullet model as such

uuhh im experiencing an issue with the radar cross section of my quinjet.

the first two boxes seem normal, but the third one includes the entire hangar in the cross section.

https://imgur.com/12Txkqt

KSP: 1.4.4

modulemanager: 3.0.7

mods:

bda

airplane plus

community resource pack

firespitter

interstellar fuel switch

rastor prop monitor

kerbal joint reinforcement

patch manager

physics range exender

quiztech aero continued

tweakscale

vessel mover

im sure everything is installed properly, and i get i feeling mk2 half parts (from airplane plus) are involved in the bug.

Edited by Nightguard

39 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

HE-KV doesn't work in space or atmosphere, and guns can't target missiles effectively. What to do?

27 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

Guard mode doesn't work 

Hi, Have you read the BDA instruction manual that can be found in the in game KSpedia ?   Problems with guard mode and other systems can be resolved  by understanding how it all works.
HEKV is designed only to work in space  in conjunction with a good radar system.

Please also read the first post of this thread which explains the procedure for reporting bugs , as  posting "X doesnt work"   does not help us understand your problem

42 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

HE-KV doesn't work in space or atmosphere, and guns can't target missiles effectively. What to do?

31 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

Guard mode doesn't work 

Need more info. KSP version. BDAc version. Providing a KSP.log would help.

4 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Need more info. KSP version. BDAc version. Providing a KSP.log would help.

1.4.3 and the lates BDAc that I know of

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, Have you read the BDA instruction manual that can be found in the in game KSpedia ?   Problems with guard mode and other systems can be resolved  by understanding how it all works.
HEKV is designed only to work in space  in conjunction with a good radar system.

Please also read the first post of this thread which explains the procedure for reporting bugs , as  posting "X doesnt work"   does not help us understand your problem

I tried using the HE-KV in space and it didn't work.

3 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

1.4.3 and the lates BDAc that I know of

So just an fyi ... the people who have responded so far are part of the BDAc team

We need your KSP.log as detailed in the OP of this thread ... this file is overwritten every time you start KSP and we require this file to diagnose your problem and fix your issue so you can start blowing stuff up with weapons

Please start a game with BDAc and Physics Range Extender installed and start a game ... make the issue you are experiencing occurrs and then exit immediately from KSP

Then take the KSP.log (found in the same directory as the KSP x 64 you double click to start KSP) and then upload it to a filesharing service such as dropbox .... post the link in this thread to the shared file and the team will look into it and help you figure out how to get BDAc running

Thousands upon thousands of people have no problem like you describe so it must be either wrong version for your install or bad install ... either way, do what I posted above and then the BDAc team can help you ... otherwise there is nothing we can do to help

Edited by DoctorDavinci

4 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

me too.

Actually... I am the one who tuned the HE-KV-1 and I have hit and killed stuff from the ground to space, and at distances of over 100km in space. 

For long distance targeting in space, you need a special radar. The normal radars in BDAc are only going to get you 40km or so... but they still work.

The HE-KV-1 is a space missile... it will not fly like a normal missile in the atmosphere... it is fine going straight up... not so good at the horizontal business.

Edited by TheKurgan

17 hours ago, Nightguard said:

uuhh im experiencing an issue with the radar cross section of my quinjet.

the first two boxes seem normal, but the third one includes the entire hangar in the cross section.

https://imgur.com/12Txkqt

KSP: 1.4.4

modulemanager: 3.0.7

mods:

bda

airplane plus

community resource pack

firespitter

interstellar fuel switch

rastor prop monitor

kerbal joint reinforcement

patch manager

physics range exender

quiztech aero continued

tweakscale

vessel mover

im sure everything is installed properly, and i get i feeling mk2 half parts (from airplane plus) are involved in the bug.

it still happens, anyone?

14 minutes ago, Nightguard said:

it still happens, anyone?

Follow the insructions in the first post in this thread please ... I just edited it to be more clear

Be advised that there is a lot of info in the post so please read the whole post as it clearly explains what the team needs in order to assist you 

5 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Follow the insructions in the first post in this thread please ... I just edited it to be more clear

Be advised that there is a lot of info in the post so please read the whole post as it clearly explains what the team needs in order to assist you 

I'll post in the github right?

On 7/15/2018 at 6:29 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The rocket sound is hardcoded  and cannot at this time be changed (see here )
The max ROF needs to be set in the launcher cfg if you want it slower than the default ripple speed.

MODULE
{
  name = RocketLauncher
  shortName = S-8KOM
  rocketType = S-8KOMRocket
  rocketMass = 0.009
  rocketModelPath = BDArmory/Parts/s-8Launcher/s-8Rocket/model
  thrust = 5.49
  thrustTime = 1
  blastRadius = 12 
  blastForce = 6
  rippleRPM = 1000 //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This 

}

The projectile/bullet fired by the guns is also hardcoded, there is no bullet model as such

Thank you

I think i might have found a bug. Does not affect gameplay. In editor, the max armour of bombs and missiles is 500. In flight, the max armour is 2.

16 hours ago, eskimo22 said:

Guns can't target missiles effectively.

What guns are you using? Try having multiple 20mm/30mm guns shooting. Or use lasers. Guns generally have a lower accuracy, unless the missile is very close.

@DoctorDavinci @Papa_Joe

I have a request for BDAc, if you'll allow it. 

Could you guys make the decal for when the GAU-8 hits the ground to what it is like in real life?

It could be for the 30mm decals in general, and replace the current decal for the 20mm with the 30mm's original decal.

Thanks!

RaptorTech

54 minutes ago, RaptorTech-Incorporated said:

@DoctorDavinci @Papa_Joe

I have a request for BDAc, if you'll allow it. 

Could you guys make the decal for when the GAU-8 hits the ground to what it is like in real life?

It could be for the 30mm decals in general, and replace the current decal for the 20mm with the 30mm's original decal.

Thanks!

RaptorTech

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "hits the ground"  if you are talking about the marks on the ground for kicking up dirt and leaving a gouge, then no.  Decals can be placed on game objects like parts, but not on the planetary body.  Technically there is a way to accomplish it like footprints, but the effort involved is not worth the result, and there is a performance hit associated with it, much like there is with decals.  KSP has multiple texture resolutions, and the Planetary body resolutions changes as well.  This means that small fluctuations in altitude of the ground occur, and must be accounted for at each resolution.  The code gets messy fast.

As for the 20mm vs 30mm decals, why?  what is your concern with the 20mm decal?

Edited by Papa_Joe

8 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I think i might have found a bug. Does not affect gameplay. In editor, the max armour of bombs and missiles is 500. In flight, the max armour is 2.

What guns are you using? Try having multiple 20mm/30mm guns shooting. Or use lasers. Guns generally have a lower accuracy, unless the missile is very close.

Im using 20 and 30mm guns. In the past, a goalkeeper CIWS would easily take out an RBS-15 cruise missile, it can't anymore.  The gun leads the missile too much or too little (depending on the gun).

Edited by eskimo22

48 minutes ago, eskimo22 said:

Im using 20 and 30mm guns. In the past, a goalkeeper CIWS would easily take out an RBS-15 cruise missile, it can't anymore.  The gun leads the missile too much or too little (depending on the gun).

Hi, decided to check out your issue,  in general and also those specific items ,  after many runs  and becoming  certain that there is no problem  I recorded the video below , regardless of altitude, angle of approach , number of targets the results are as i'd expect , and despite actually being slightly OP in some areas ( range  for one)  the CIWS  performs very like the real thing as regards effectiveness at particular ranges. TLDR;  No issue found

10 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, decided to check out your issue,  in general and also those specific items ,  after many runs  and becoming  certain that there is no problem  I recorded the video below , regardless of altitude, angle of approach , number of targets the results are as i'd expect , and despite actually being slightly OP in some areas ( range  for one)  the CIWS  performs very like the real thing as regards effectiveness at particular ranges. TLDR;  No issue found

That loos like the "issue" I have been having. It's probably just that PDCs are less effective than they used to be.