[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

12 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Is there increased range for emp weapons in space/less dense atmos?

Hi you can have a missile that works well in space or a missile that works well in atmosphere, what you can't have is a missile that works just as well in both environments. There are currently NO space capable EMP missiles(non of the team have made one yet or to my knowledge even studied the effect out of atmosphere)   Burn time  of all the missiles are set in seconds,  the engine runs for exactly the set length of time. Speeds of space missiles are extreme (due to no drag)  even when used with minimal thrust, so within the described burn time  a dedicated space missile will travel considerably further for the same thrust value, than a missile operating in atmosphere.
  The EMP effect range as mentioned is set in the part cfg , and will not and I see no valid reason why it should, have a larger range in space ,  a radio pulse is a radio pulse no matter the environment ( I've checked the science and wave propagation in atmosphere and space are similar enough to not worry about special settings for either environment, imo of course)

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, Toonu said:

Hello, what is AI unclamping//clamping in the AI part?

Hi following on from XOC2008's comment,  Although un clamping is  now possible for the PAI  as it has been for the surface AI for some time, the PAI testing that was done  seems to indicate that increasing the settings may not produce the results expected, wild settings require a wild aircraft to use them,  and even then the benefits are dubious. 
Conversely un clamping the surface AI, clicking the goes to 11 option ,  allows an infinite amount of adjustment and allows the AI to control any surface craft of any size,  from less than a few hundred kilos with wheels  to the largest ship I have which at full size afloat,  weight in excess of 100000kg's  The requirements for a small wheeled vehicle, a tracked vehicle and a large warship are very different, and i urge everyone  to experiment to find what really  works for the craft.

9 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Ahh thanks. 

Just a side note, most modders put demo craft as a stock craft, so that people can just copy the ship file along with the gamedata and post it in the directory.

Listen to you most knowledgeable of users ... Don't care what most modders do and the fact remains this is BDAc, not stock

Not interested in your side notes nor your misinformation

Edited by DoctorDavinci

One more thing, my plane when attacking ground target with guns always shots bellow target (due to gravity probably). But if I put the guns up, the plane miss other planes and overshoots them. Any ideas?

39 minutes ago, Toonu said:

One more thing, my plane when attacking ground target with guns always shots bellow target (due to gravity probably). But if I put the guns up, the plane miss other planes and overshoots them. Any ideas?

On 8/8/2018 at 3:42 AM, Papa_Joe said:

NOTE:  There has been a long standing issue with guns accuracy and the AI.  Seem when the AI fIres, it can't hit the broad side of a barn (OK, it can if the barn jumps in front of it, but not intentionally.)  As was reported and well characterized by @greydragon70 (Thanks) and many others (thanks as well!).  we are taking a deep look at this issue.  Based on our rather extensive testing, this problem was introduced some time around version 1.0 or 1.1.  We are working on narrowing it down, but that is going back quite a ways. 

I just wanted everyone to know we are taking a hard look at this as we realize it is an unacceptable condition. 

Hi  just to reiterate , currently AI when used with aircraft has about as much chance of scoring a direct hit  as Halley's comet does of landing in my bathroom sink.  It is a lamentable situation that has been stealthily getting worse for a while. The coding team have already spent hours (days) digging and tweaking, trying to get to the bottom of the problem and the testers many hours (weeks)  repeating the same tests over and over.  There is some suspicion that changes in KSP however small, have had a greater detrimental effect overall than previously encountered. 
TLDR;  it's broken, we are working on  rectification

PS emphasis on PJ's quote added for clarity

13 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Listen to you most knowledgeable of users ... Don't care what most modders do and the fact remains this is BDAc, not stock

Not interested in your side notes nor your misinformation

Noted. Just want to provde some ways to prevent me from asking stupid questions and doing stupid things...

Peace:cool:

Edited by Xd the great

I know this is a stupid question and whatnot, but can I get the module manager for BDArmory? Every time I set my crafts to fight each other the missiles will destroy them but the guns have absolutely no effect on either crafts. Also when i fire up the weapons manager, I get the "Module manager is missing and it will cause the mod to not work properly".

25 minutes ago, tys0n777 said:

I know this is a stupid question and whatnot, but can I get the module manager for BDArmory? Every time I set my crafts to fight each other the missiles will destroy them but the guns have absolutely no effect on either crafts. Also when i fire up the weapons manager, I get the "Module manager is missing and it will cause the mod to not work properly".

Here you go :) 

23 minutes ago, DJHonore said:

I love this mod, but I'm getting some text in-game that says something to the effect of "Module Manager not found. BDArmoury will not work properly." Where can I find the module manager in question?

Look at the post directly above yours, it's right there, can't miss it

I've just run a number of AI dogfights-

- and there's a weird behavior where one team may not turn in to engage the other, or won't turn in to engage on time. It's very consistent on which planes it do it... or I think rather which planes cause it to happen to the other. Maybe.

What might be causing this quirk? Altitude differences or something?

In my steam version of KSP1.4.5  ,  I find that in the hangar there's only eight BDAc parts can be shown 

aa581a34349b033be8c52e1719ce36d3d439bd25

And only when I delete all the other mods, (so in the gamedat folder there are only sqaud and BDAc and physic range extender), this problem can be sloved, and i can see all of the BDAc parts in hangar.

I've tried different versions of KSP , and different versions of BDAc from githu, but it doesn't work.

Is there any special data file i need to provide?  the game didn't crash so i don't know if there is any other kind of data file except crash log

Edited by 1836440339

I wanna give everyone a tip regarding the missile decoupling and subsequent explosions.

Angling the missile rail at 15 degrees away from the main fuselage on a wing fixes this for me.

Yes, that means that the decouple speed at 10 and droptime at 1 solution isn't flawless.

5 hours ago, 1836440339 said:

(so in the gamedat folder there are only sqaud and BDAc and physic range extender),

Hi you are missing Module Manager , it is not optional and must be installed for the full functioning of  BDA, A link to module manager is posted a few posts above your post. 
If you install module manager and the problems persist could you try the English version instead?   I've been made aware of some problems with the translated version.
And should the problems still remain after installing Module Manager and usingthe English version   a zipped copy of your KSP.log will be needed as a first step in tracking down your problem .   For reference the only correct file path for BDA  should be.  KSP/GameData/BDArmory  ,  no other file path will allow the mod to work correctly ( File paths that do NOT work include ,  KSP/GameData/GameData/BDArmory and any variation of KSP/GameData/BDArmory.1.2..x.x.xxx)

4 hours ago, Natso said:

I know what my problem , that when i install Scatter my target port not working , i can't lock target and send gps , can i fix it??

HI Scatterer and BDA target cam problems are a known issue, despite many attempts at resolving the problem. the issues remain. There is nothing as a user you can do to fix it , apart from uninstalling scatterer

7 minutes ago, Hojoz said:

Yes, that means that the decouple speed at 10 and droptime at 1 solution isn't flawless.

Hi did you fully shorten your missile rails as was mentioned in the same post? And ensure that the missile was sufficiently clear of obstructions.