[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, 1836440339 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce)  Yeah, actually I did install the module manager,The CKAN installed it automatically.

But the language issue may help, i'll try the English KSP.

Don't install BD Armory through CKAN ... Manual install

CKAN breaks mod installations and is unreliable ... if you use CKAN to install expect no support until you have manually installed BDAc 

52 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

Custom weapon mod parts don't show up in BDA tab (Aviator Arsenal specifically) because of the category refractor, is there any way to make them have their own custom category now?

Yes, the mod maker has to add a category script to their project for their own custom editor category or you can edit the category = none in the part configs and change it to one of the stock categories 

Here's a link to the code required for a custom editor category for modders who would like to add a custom editor category ... starting at the post linked below, there are a few examples as you scroll down

4 hours ago, tys0n777 said:

@DoctorDavinci nope still isn't working i managed to test it out and it didn't work.

Here's the log

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SNIesfuSX1z6T3m9L1L58QZBs0PUBseR

Took a quick look ... are you loading a previous save or craft that were saved with BDAc parts from a previous version of BDAc?

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Took a quick look ... are you loading a previous save or craft that were saved with BDAc parts from a previous version of BDAc?

Yeah one of those crafts was meant to be used in JollyRogerAerospace's PFC and he said that he was going to use version 1.2.2.1 for that competition.

6 hours ago, tys0n777 said:

nope still isn't working i managed to test it out and it didn't work.

Hi  you have installed the module manager source code, NOT the ModuleManager DLL. Resulting in the required patches not being installed to your craft.  Remove the module manager master folder completely  and install only the ModuleManager dll from this  LINK into your GameData folder

44 minutes ago, tys0n777 said:

Yeah one of those crafts was meant to be used in JollyRogerAerospace's PFC and he said that he was going to use version 1.2.2.1 for that competition.

If it was built with an older version of BDAc then you need to remove all BDA parts and replace them with new parts. I know it's a pain but it works. I had to do that with my drone and a few other planes

20 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI Scatterer and BDA target cam problems are a known issue, despite many attempts at resolving the problem. the issues remain. There is nothing as a user you can do to fix it , apart from uninstalling scatterer

So there have mod else can replace Scatter?

On 8/11/2018 at 12:52 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi did you fully shorten your missile rails as was mentioned in the same post? 

Of course

On 8/11/2018 at 12:52 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

And ensure that the missile was sufficiently clear of obstructions.

Well I pretty much got the missile rails as high as possible, with the added angle pretty much ensuring that it would at least stay clear of the fuselage, which is why I posted it. Just an added tip for users to ensure that their invention doesn't literally blow up in their face

17 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi  you have installed the module manager source code, NOT the ModuleManager DLL. Resulting in the required patches not being installed to your craft.  Remove the module manager master folder completely  and install only the ModuleManager dll from this  LINK into your GameData folder

Just tested it and yes that was the fix i needed and now everything works the way its supposed to be thank you so much.

17 hours ago, greydragon70 said:

If it was built with an older version of BDAc then you need to remove all BDA parts and replace them with new parts. I know it's a pain but it works. I had to do that with my drone and a few other planes

Ok ill make sure to do so

6 hours ago, Hojoz said:

Just an added tip for users to ensure that their invention doesn't literally blow up in their face

Thousands of missile launches under my belt. the 70+ missiles I tested, tuned and tweaked got launched dozens (in some cases hundreds) of times each. I am not exaggerating... 

Since I started making the missile rail short and high enough for the fins to clear the plane, I have not had a "missile" explode on launch. not ONE in 3000+ launches. I have had bombs explode... especially when the damned AI rolls RIGHT after it drops them.....

From fighter jets to planes like the A-10, and even helicopters... at speed, during high G banking... going slow... it doesn't matter, if you set up your missile correctly it is indeed flawless.

Most high speed POWERFUL air to air missiles (AMRAAM) should be launched laterally with a decouple speed of 10 (to be safe) and given a drop time of about 1 to 2 seconds. Lower powered/slower missiles, especially air to ground missiles (Hellfire for example) should be launched forward, with a decouple speed of 10 and no drop time

To be safe, all missiles on aircraft should hang below the wing, for missiles like the AMRAAM, the tip of the missile should pass the leading edge of the wing... if you have missiles above the wing or are firing them from a cargo bay or don't have them set up properly and you are on here saying that they are exploding on launch, you are doing something wrong.... period... end of discussion... factual... beyond contestation. BUT I want to help you...

What missile are you talking about? How do you have it set up? Lets see a picture of the plane.

Edited by TheKurgan

Now, a decouple speed of 10 is NOT always needed... it is my "to be safe" number... Depending on your plane, and the missile you are using, you can experiment and find a perfectly usable lower decouple speed and drop time.

Launching missiles from other places, other than below the wing IS possible... I do it all the time. Launching from above the wing, and from inside cargo bays can be done... it is just a little more tricky setting it up, and it can lead to explosions on launch depending on the orientation of your plane, the direction of your target AND especially the decouple speed and direction. There is no single 100% reliable set up for launching a missile from anywhere but below the wing. It takes some testing/trial end error to figure out.

If your method of angling the missile works for you, that's great, but I don't believe it is necessary... BDAc may have some issues right now, but this isn't one of them IMO.

In short, I can basically set drop time to 1-2 and decouple speed to 10 and decouple direction to lateral for missiles under the plane and in cargo bays, set drop time to 0 and decouple speed to 10 and decouple direction to lateral for missiles above the plane if I want to be on the safe side?

Oh, and set missiles to in cargo bay true whe in cargo bay

12 hours ago, Toonu said:

When setting up gun and its ammo. How I can know if the gun penetrate exactly 100mm of armour..or...250...350...etc? Git documentation is bit outdated.

Trial and error? The bigger the calibre, the more armour it can penetrate.

3 hours ago, Toonu said:

RadarLOAL

Radar Lock On After Launch for missile with active radar guidance and radar based terminal guidance. It switches guidance from the main launch vehicle radar to the missiles internal radar.
The closest to MCLOS at present are the IR guided  or beam riding missiles . 
While mildly entertaining for a short while i don't see any obvious benefits to a  defined MCLOS guidance system that could only be used in a single player manual fire  environment.  Though like many things in KSP its all subjective and subjectively it could be said that firing a missile after setting the target via IR  and ensuring the cam stays on target from another craft is pretty much MCLOS,  with the added  benefit of a much higher chance of a hit.  An estimated 25%,  for the current systems,  at best hit rate on a tank sized target is pretty poor, and I'm sure BDA users would a bit miffed having to use four missiles when a Tow or similar would do it in one. (in my subjective opinion obviously :) )

19 hours ago, Xd the great said:

set drop time to 0 and decouple speed to 10 and decouple direction to lateral for missiles above the plane if I want to be on the safe side?

No not really, if you have missiles above the wing, set them same as missiles below the wing.... BUT it depends on the missile type and direction of the enemy in relation to the orientation of your plane...

For each type of missile the settings and placement on the aircraft are different (Air to Air, Air to Ground and Air launched cruise missiles)

Air to ground - always below the wing (or if you are good, you can get them to drop/fire from a cargo bay that opens in the bottom. not all cargo bays can be used with BDAc I launch most of my missiles Laterally at decouple 10 with 1 sec drop time.

Air launched cruise missiles - Same as Air to ground.

Air to Air missiles can be placed almost anywhere, and Like above I launch them laterally with decouple of 10... that is the safest way.

6 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I think you need a sonar device? Not sure.

I have sonar and it is working manually I can fire torpedo and it can hit target, but AI doesn't want to change weapon to torpedo. It is acting like there were no torpedoes in my ship.