[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

33 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I have sonar and it is working manually I can fire torpedo and it can hit target, but AI doesn't want to change weapon to torpedo. It is acting like there were no torpedoes in my ship.

Change weapon to torpedo. Try to have only torpedo on that ship.

And craft screenshots please

With the relevant bdac settings shown.

Weapon GUI, AI settings.

I have a suspision that you set guns to max range.

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Tested and confirmed neither weapon manager in  guard mode or surface AI can currently fire torpedoes.  Manual fire is still available.  Adding it to the list of issues. Thanks.

Also I've noticed that if I use gizmo (arrows/2 key) to move torpedoes in mirror mode, the one that I am not moving is placed backwards. Not idea if it is BDA problem or game.

Edited by Cassel

51 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Also I've noticed that if I use gizmo (arrows/2 key) to move torpedoes in mirror mode, the one that I am not moving is placed backwards. Not idea if it is BDA problem or game.

That's just a symmetry issue. Just pick up and place them again so they mirror correctly. Using offset tends to mirror some SMI stuff backwards.

When I load the game, it gets stuck on the Vulcan 20mm, and I have seen other people have this issue, but none of their solutions seem to work

Here is the section of my log concerning this part:

[LOG 00:57:34.598] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BDA/BDArmory/Parts/20mmVulcan/vulcanTurret/bahaGatlingGun'
[LOG 00:57:34.630] PartLoader: Part 'BDA/BDArmory/Parts/20mmVulcan/vulcanTurret/bahaGatlingGun' has no database record. Creating.

6 hours ago, SpyderWebster said:

When I load the game, it gets stuck on the Vulcan 20mm, and I have seen other people have this issue, but none of their solutions seem to work

Here is the section of my log concerning this part:

[LOG 00:57:34.598] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BDA/BDArmory/Parts/20mmVulcan/vulcanTurret/bahaGatlingGun'
[LOG 00:57:34.630] PartLoader: Part 'BDA/BDArmory/Parts/20mmVulcan/vulcanTurret/bahaGatlingGun' has no database record. Creating.

Perhaps reading the first post in this thread might help?

You will find instructions on how to help us help you there.... @kcs123 told ya, nobody reads the instructions anymore :rolleyes:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

11 hours ago, SpyderWebster said:

Hi you will find exactly the same log entry for every single part in the game, this is because the part database,cfg is destroyed and rewritten by the game every time the game loads
The actual part that causes your game to freeze is likely to be the one before that entry.  The reasons for such freezes can be, part not finding a configured resource, orphaned models, or broken model paths. 

For  further assistance please supply a zipped copy of your KSP.log which is produced every game load, and can be found in your main KSP folder .
Before proceeding however ensure that BDA is installed correctly to KSP/GameData/BDArmory.   This is the only acceptable file path no other file path will allow for functioning of the mod, and that you have installed the correct version of BDA for the version of KSP you are using

7 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

You will find instructions on how to help us help you there.... @kcs123 told ya, nobody reads the instructions anymore :rolleyes:

Yep, I know, but it is even worse when you don't have anything to read ;). Some things can't be put into GUI, to be informative and intuitive, if you put to much help info trough tooltips and similar in GUI, it eventualy become counterproductive and harder to use. So, either, you put some effort to write instruction or answer same question over and over again.

So, yes, even the people who read instructions are dying species, some still exist. At least some of them would not ask same question, but whatever drive your moding boat is fine to me :).

28 minutes ago, Fireheart_Industries said:

It's been a while since I've loaded up ksp, and just noticed on the SpaceDock, that ksp has updated to 1.4.5 and so has BDA.

Has anything significantly changed for the new version, or just keeping up to date for ksp versions?

EMP WEAPONS

There are some new and old issues but I believe the team will fix it asap.

And some bugfixes, less dependencies, change of modules in .cfg, new tntmass resource added.

In short, update and have fun.

I was looking for a fix to this problem for so long, can believe i didn't just look to see if there was a patch

"Corrected an error where high speed missiles would sometimes not detonate in the correct location."

Hello,

I'm back with initial testing of 1.2.2.2 in KSP 1.4.5.  My biggest issue is still missile deployment. All the missiles in the video below are set to lateral deployment with decouple speed at max and drop time at 1. All the planes are either newly built or rebuilt replacing all BDAc parts. There were other planes tested before I recorded the video that had similar troubles. This is a fresh install of KSP with all mods on their latest versions. The KSP log contains all testing that was done over the past few days. The Drone JRA2.5 is the only one I caught on video with deployment issues. The only plane with ECM Jammers in the video is the Dark Angel. Below is my mod list and list of planes in this install. Also the KSP log and a video.

https://imgur.com/OoRexaE

https://imgur.com/x738Rq5

Log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AgD1nnWdRKcFlMxGuf1wvW6TZtmE_df_/view?usp=sharing

Video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jlaOhmh-mK9DbsNfVZWZSKZhAibbNcF9/view?usp=sharing

Edited by greydragon70

1 hour ago, greydragon70 said:

Hello,

I'm back with initial testing of 1.2.2.2 in KSP 1.4.5.  My biggest issue is still missile deployment. All the missiles in the video below are set to lateral deployment with decouple speed at max and drop time at 1. All the planes are either newly built or rebuilt replacing all BDAc parts. There were other planes tested before I recorded the video that had similar troubles. This is a fresh install of KSP with all mods on their latest versions. The KSP log contains all testing that was done over the past few days. The Drone JRA2.5 is the only one I caught on video with deployment issues. The only plane with ECM Jammers in the video is the Dark Angel. Below is my mod list and list of planes in this install. Also the KSP log and a video.

https://imgur.com/OoRexaE

https://imgur.com/x738Rq5

Log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AgD1nnWdRKcFlMxGuf1wvW6TZtmE_df_/view?usp=sharing

Video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jlaOhmh-mK9DbsNfVZWZSKZhAibbNcF9/view?usp=sharing

First, that is a loooong video. Would you mind cutting out the relevant part?

Also, accordong to my extremely limited tweaking knowledge, reduce drop time to 0.5 or even 0, or increase it to max.

It is not a bdac bug, it is a problem in tweaking that makes the missiles fire into the plane.

Edited by Xd the great

49 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

First, that is a loooong video. Would you mind cutting out the relevant part?

Also, accordong to my extremely limited tweaking knowledge, reduce drop time to 0.5 or even 0, or increase it to max.

It is not a bdac bug, it is a problem in tweaking that makes the missiles fire into the plane.

For the attention impaired and time deficient(lol :D), I have cut the video down to just the missile deployment issue. The full video includes my commentary and will be published on my youtube channel at a later date.  

This is pursuant to my earlier postings here about missile deployment issues in BDAc 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. This is still present in 1.2.2.2. I have tried adjusting the missiles and rails to no effect. This is a constant issue for me and my subscribers who battle regularly. I've even had the problem of craft files working differently in seperate installs of KSP. The builder sets the plane up and it works perfectly in their install, but after sending the file to the contest, the plane's performance is totally different. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1138o3xmiT4a7mm87s_T9zwZO5zgTLw47/view?usp=sharing

8 minutes ago, greydragon70 said:

For the attention impaired and time deficient(lol :D), I have cut the video down to just the missile deployment issue. The full video includes my commentary and will be published on my youtube channel at a later date.  

This is pursuant to my earlier postings here about missile deployment issues in BDAc 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. This is still present in 1.2.2.2. I have tried adjusting the missiles and rails to no effect. This is a constant issue for me and my subscribers who battle regularly. I've even had the problem of craft files working differently in seperate installs of KSP. The builder sets the plane up and it works perfectly in their install, but after sending the file to the contest, the plane's performance is totally different. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1138o3xmiT4a7mm87s_T9zwZO5zgTLw47/view?usp=sharing

ME:D 

Just as I suspect. the drag on the missile is causing it to fall behind your plane. I cannot see your type of missile, but I would say reducing its drag if its your mod, or reduce drop time to 0.1.