[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

2 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

ME:D 

Just as I suspect. the drag on the missile is causing it to fall behind your plane. I cannot see your type of missile, but I would say reducing its drag if its your mod, or reduce drop time to 0.1.

The missile was an AIM-9 Sidewinder. From my experience, your suggestion does not work. If the drop time is shorter, the missiles just explode sooner.

1 minute ago, greydragon70 said:

The missile was an AIM-9 Sidewinder. From my experience, your suggestion does not work. If the drop time is shorter, the missiles just explode sooner.

Drop time longer?

Lateral decouple at 10? Yeah you did that.

Hmm...

Reducing detonation override to 1.

14 hours ago, greydragon70 said:

For the attention impaired and time deficient(lol :D), I have cut the video down to just the missile deployment issue. The full video includes my commentary and will be published on my youtube channel at a later date.  

This is pursuant to my earlier postings here about missile deployment issues in BDAc 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. This is still present in 1.2.2.2. I have tried adjusting the missiles and rails to no effect. This is a constant issue for me and my subscribers who battle regularly. I've even had the problem of craft files working differently in seperate installs of KSP. The builder sets the plane up and it works perfectly in their install, but after sending the file to the contest, the plane's performance is totally different. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1138o3xmiT4a7mm87s_T9zwZO5zgTLw47/view?usp=sharing

I second this. Actually pretty certain he's referencing our experience here. @Xd the great makes a great point though, 0.5 seconds works way better then 1 or 1.5, although not flawless. I've been made aware of the fact that I maybe should try changing the missile to fire forward instead though. I have yet to try that one out. Knowing my luck I have once again missed a crucial tweakable

15 hours ago, greydragon70 said:

I noticed in the video that the AIM-9 was fired right as the lock changed from the enemy craft to the recently launched AIM-120. It's nothing about the missile launch. It's just that the AIM-9 locked onto a heat source (the AMRAAM's engine) that wasn't great enough for it to stay locked, so then it lost its lock and exploded.

Although, some of those missiles did come dangerously close to hitting your aircraft. It's generally a bad idea to have missiles on the top of your plane, because gravity will make them come right back down. If you really want to have them, though, it's better to launch them forward as fast as possible with 0 drop time.

16 minutes ago, Deathpuff12 said:

I noticed in the video that the AIM-9 was fired right as the lock changed from the enemy craft to the recently launched AIM-120. It's nothing about the missile launch. It's just that the AIM-9 locked onto a heat source (the AMRAAM's engine) that wasn't great enough for it to stay locked, so then it lost its lock and exploded.

Although, some of those missiles did come dangerously close to hitting your aircraft. It's generally a bad idea to have missiles on the top of your plane, because gravity will make them come right back down. If you really want to have them, though, it's better to launch them forward as fast as possible with 0 drop time.

Yes, despite the settings, missiles keep locking onto other missiles. The lock change between AIM-120 and AIM-9 also causes missiles to be fired into the ground.

I would agree about top mounted missiles, if this wasn't a time proven set up.

I spent more time last night and today testing different set ups. The best I've found is to put the AIM-9's as far away from the center of the craft as possible and set them to lateral. max decouple, and drop time 1. That has minimized the chance of release explosion but targeting still locks on other missiles instead of enemy planes.

Updated log from today: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UpR1N2QBwjsthESHjG_ANtC0PfreohA3/view?usp=sharing 

And the BDAc Performance log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LjEvrcoMJ4aQuIvhuqzgiYcvAq3rkjql/view?usp=sharing

Drone old set up: https://imgur.com/cmqZQER

Drone now: https://imgur.com/rDmA4lD

Right click the missile in the VAB, open engage options, you should see a option to disable targetting missile.

@greydragon70

10 hours ago, Jason1544 said:

My explosion effects aren't showing up... The blast radius is correct but the explosions look like a fuel tank exploding..

Can you try shooting a missile at the plane and observe the missile explode near the plane? 

And screenshots please. I know this is hard, but maybe a short video. Best if you can give us a log.

Best if you try the EMP missiles.

47 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Right click the missile in the VAB, open engage options, you should see a option to disable targetting missile.

06O8Vvh.png

My normal settings... I've been through all the "Easy Fixes". I wouldn't bother the Devs unless I had tried everything I know. I've been using BDA consistently since KSP .18, but I'm not afraid to admit that this has gone beyond my knowledge.

Edited by greydragon70

1 hour ago, greydragon70 said:

06O8Vvh.png

My normal settings... I've been through all the "Easy Fixes". I wouldn't bother the Devs unless I had tried everything I know. I've been using BDA consistently since KSP .18, but I'm not afraid to admit that this has gone beyond my knowledge.

Yes, you have disabled engaging missile. Can you re-test it?

8 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Yes, you have disabled engaging missile. Can you re-test it?

Yes. The logs I posted earlier today are from my latest test session against various planes and the Drone's settings were as pictured above.

My daughter is visiting so I'll be busy the next few days. I will try to do more testing when I have a free minute or two. :D

Edited by greydragon70

Just as an FYI:

The views and opinions expressed by XD are his alone and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any  member of the BDAc team or the test group as they are based only on very limited information.

You might find your best answers by waiting for a more official response as the Devs and test team have been busy trying to locate and fix the bugs that have come up lately.

5 hours ago, greydragon70 said:

Yes. The logs I posted earlier today are from my latest test session against various planes and the Drone's settings were as pictured above.

My daughter is visiting so I'll be busy the next few days. I will try to do more testing when I have a free minute or two. :D

According to my professional trash analysis, put the missiles under the wing, not at the wingtip or above it.

11 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

According to my professional trash analysis, put the missiles under the wing, not at the wingtip or above it.

I thank you for your opinions but I'll wait until I hear back from the BDArmory Devs. I have already gotten a message from them saying they will look into it. They will update everyone when they figure out what is really going on.

Edited by greydragon70

24 minutes ago, greydragon70 said:

I thank you for your opinions but I'll wait until I hear back from the BDArmory Devs. I have already gotten a message from them saying they will look into it. They will update everyone when they figure out what is really going on.

Thanks. Enjoy your daughters stay.

Wait, it is actually a bug?

Yeah, Im a noob.

*facepalm*

*Goes back to talking trash on science forum, mod making, and asking people to upload logs and screenshots so pros can help*

4 hours ago, greydragon70 said:

1. Did you install bdac manually?

2. Can you rebuild the craft in v 1.4.5?

3. Its a weapons manager problem.

16 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

1. Did you install bdac manually?

2. Can you rebuild the craft in v 1.4.5?

3. Its a weapons manager problem.

Xd, he said he was waiting on the Devs. Please give it a rest. Unless you know what's actually going on behind the scenes you're not really qualified to give advice on these issues.

1 hour ago, XOC2008 said:

Xd, he said he was waiting on the Devs. Please give it a rest. Unless you know what's actually going on behind the scenes you're not really qualified to give advice on these issues.

Has anyone reported on the weapons manager issue? Or is missile per target the only thing that can be changed in flight?

Suggestions:
- indicator to show who is target of AI, right now AI doesn't show its target until it is in radar range,
- GPS location as center of AI guarded area, it can move around it or if we could set center and radius it would be even better,
- option to pick craft that other AI craft should guard, fly/drive/swim around,
- Space mines - In fact, single part stealth drones that can be launched in orbit and if they detect an approaching craft, they will use RCS (they should have a small amount of fuel) to fly to this object.
- military battery pack (20k energy) to power up lasers,
- simple structural parts looking like a helipad (two parts with dimensions 4x4 and 8x8 meters),
- the number of aircraft kills / damage for pilots (every kerbal should have its own independent counter as it has experience),
- I do not understand why there are two types of flare containers, each aircraft will have both and most of them have more than one piece. It could be one container, but with two types of flares, in the action menu you could choose which flare is fired,
- refueling in the air, can it be done?
- jammer disruption should disable/shorten the range of any enemy probe

Issues:
I think there is a problem with laser guided missiles over water. I've made few sea ships and AI is able to highlight the target beyond horizon line, but missile crash on water every time. Laser should have lower range or missiles should have different path to avoid water.