[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

5 minutes ago, mechanicH said:

thank you for your hard work btw.  love the mod.

I only do one teeny tiny part of it :P 

But I am sure the team appreciates the kind words.

PAGE 100!!

18 minutes ago, mechanicH said:

ya  i tried that  and i totally messed up my craft lol....im still learning to manipulate the cfg files   im a noob...its ok  i deleted it  started to build new one ...its more fun for me this way ..i get to make it better now  ...thank you for your hard work btw.  love the mod. 

Wait till you see what im building  i think you will love it...ill post a pic of it  here if its ok with you.

Pics of creations are welcome!

4 minutes ago, mechanicH said:

hope you guys get a kick out of it. 

WOW, she's armed for anything!

You like my tuning for the HE-KV-1? It's only good in space though.

Grab the mod in my signature... KTech, it has a space radar in it :)

Edited by TheKurgan

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

wait, cant seem to find the ai ground pilot anymore. Is that normal?

It's still there in the newest version. Sort by name, it's called "AI Surface Operation Driver"

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Still cant get the VLS tubes to fire anti air missiles when in guard mode. 
Other than that everything is running smoothly

not aware that such tubes are in BDAc. are you using other mods?

1 hour ago, War Eagle 1 said:

dont worry i found it. Seems like a wrong install.

If i have two cannons in one turret (two firetransform points) and

"roundsPerMinute = 1200" in cfg file that means there is 1200 rounds per minute for each cannon (2400 for whole turret) or 1200 rounds per minute for all cannons (1200 for whole turret)?

9 minutes ago, L0ck0n said:

"roundsPerMinute = 1200" in cfg file that means there is 1200 rounds per minute for each cannon (2400 for whole turret) or 1200 rounds per minute for all cannons (1200 for whole turret)?

Per gun if I remember correctly. "roundsPerMinute = 1200" in cfg with two fire transforms would mean 2400 rounds being fired per minute.

2 hours ago, L0ck0n said:

Hi, i had this all written up,  the perfect answer , and thought I'd best check,  as things change,    and in checking I discovered a weird little hidden issue.  Will make an issue #524 , however the code master thinks it's a fairly easy fix.

Regardless 1 turret = 1 gun  no matter how many transforms,  and four fire transforms will fire four shells,  But will  should never exceed  the cfg'd rounds per minute ( once the hidden issue is fixed  :P )

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

I'm 99% sure it's the two guns combined, or this is the "normal" way of configuring it. Look at the Lewis MG and the Lewis MG dual in SM_Armory, the single is 750 rpm, and the dual is 1400rpm

If this is correct then I have some adjustments to make... Are you sure however? An obvious example I can think of that argues against this is my canister shot turret that has >10 fire transforms and a roundsPerMinute = 6. If your understanding is correct then it should fire once about every 2 minutes but this is not the case...

34 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

If this is correct then I have some adjustments to make... Are you sure however?

Pretty much , it was always that way in the beginning,   however even if it wasn't  there's still an issue as my test was a 330 rpm quad turret output at exactly 1 min was 740   , which is certainly not  330, and not as you surmise it should be 1320, and the output varies it's never constant  and it should be.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

I have an issue where the targeting pod and FLIR ball show an entirely pink image (see pic). They function propperly otherwise (ie guiding a missile). Tracers for guns/cannons also appear pink.

Im running the latest version of ksp and bda continued.

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/cFVgISc.png

1 hour ago, DurtyR said:

I have an issue where the targeting pod and FLIR ball show an entirely pink image (see pic). They function propperly otherwise (ie guiding a missile). Tracers for guns/cannons also appear pink.

Im running the latest version of ksp and bda continued.

Reveal hidden contents

This has been addressed in the OP of this thread ... For your convenience I will post the same information here :)

"Be aware that forcing opengl will result in many shaders showing as pink ... the only solution is to NOT force opengl"

If you have any further issues with BDAc feel free to ask, however the BDAc team does recommend reading the OP (first post) of this thread as well as opening up our BDPedia (KSPedia ... little blue book button, right hand bottom corner of the screen) in game where there is a wealth of information regarding the operation of BDAc

23 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Since no one addressed this, I will. There are no VLS tubes in BDAc so mentioning that in this thread doesn't help you. I will however say that I am 99% certain this is a result of using missiles with a small offboresight number. Under 135/150 degrees offboresight will result in the AI ignoring the target despite having a radar lock because the MISSILE won't have a lock till the plane is nearly overhead, and by then it will be moving too fast to get a lock and fire. Find a missile with a larger offboresight number and test.

Looks great! Looking forward to arming my AVRO Kraken and taking it to the skies.

(still undefeated in official tournaments)

16 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Pretty much , it was always that way in the beginning,   however even if it wasn't  there's still an issue as my test was a 330 rpm quad turret output at exactly 1 min was 740   , which is certainly not  330, and not as you surmise it should be 1320, and the output varies it's never constant  and it should be.

Setting up a weapon with two fire transforms with roundsPerMinute = 120 certainly seems to cause each fire transform to fire roughly two times per second according to the in-game timer for a total ROF of 240 rounds. I say roughly however as there does seem to also be a minor deviation. Setting up a weapon with one fire transform with a roundsPerMinute = 60 should mean one round gets fired exactly every second, effectively being a clock of sorts itself, however after ~30 seconds of firing the in-game clock was noticeably ahead that of the weapon. Testing the in-game clock against a real one showed that the in-game clock was not running fast so I presume that the actual ROF of the weapon is slower that it is configured to be.

I also remember an issue where several guns set up to fire in barrage mode would result in a much lower ROF than what it should have been. Obviously we are only dealing with single weapons and setting up barrage/salvo makes no difference to single weapons but I wonder if the cause could be related and that high ROF weapons could be much more affected than low ROF weapons.

24 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

but I wonder if the cause could be related and that high ROF weapons could be much more affected than low ROF weapons.

I get similar results with low stated rpm and X transforms, the problem seems to get worse, as you thought with high ROF,    on low ROF it's not a noticeable issue , but as the fire rate climbs the variance gets larger and larger.