[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

13 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi! We need your KSP. log file in order to be able to give you an accurate answer. 

But  my initial  bet is that you are not running the game on DirectX9 or Directx 11, Maybe OpenGL? 

Sorry i'm new to this whole thing. How can i get you those .log file?

I am running the game in OpenGL and have done say ever since i used mods.

20 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi have you fitted a weapon manager on the target craft as i see no targets in the radar image.   Have you installed PRE Physics range extender which is an now essential part of BDA

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/download/1.4.0/PhysicsRangeExtender.1.4_28052017.zip

Both craft have weapon managers and are well within physics range of eachother. I noticed that the craft wasn't being picked up on the radar too, but I am certain it has one and have even sent out new craft with a manager on to test - they aren't picked up either.

EDIT: Got it to pick me up on radar. Missiles still refuse to lock onto and fire upon the target however...

If I ask it to manually lock onto the target, it just unlocks after a second or two.

EDIT 2: Missiles lock onto target when done manually, and fire towards said target. However, the guard mode still refuses to do such a thing by istelf.

Edited by ryan234abc

BDArmory v0.2.1.2 - Armor Update

• New Armor Parts

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/Armor
  • New Universal Ammunition parts

• New Bullet Types and configurations to support Armor penetration

• Start of localization

• SpannerMonkey: changelog for Ammo overhaul and bullet sweep detail
    • Added bulletType = to all applicable turrets Browning AN/M2 bahaOMillennium bahaM230ChainGun bahaHiddenVulcan bahaM102Howitzer bahaM1Abrams BDAcGKmk2 GoalKeeperBDAcMk1 bahaGoalKeeper bahaGau-8 bahaTurret50cal
    • Merge existing BDA ammunition resource definitions with UA master list
    • Merge existing BDA Bullet and shell sweep definitions with UA master list
    • Created large list of all current ammunition across all weapons mods
    • Defined bullet and shell sweep for most popular ammunition types , obtained max dat for large caliber marine shells
    • Created universal ammo box, a cfg and texture only addition

• Assigned values to universalAmmunition supply

Note: New enhanced ranges and targeting require use of Physics Range Extender

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases

Thanks to @TheDog for his work on the new targeting code and Luoluo-MostHandsomeOne for the starting the Armor / Bullet penetration and @SpannerMonkey(smce) for getting all of it to work with Bullet configurations and new Armor parts.

Note for part makers : The documentation is a work in progress for new Armor and Ammo configurations. We are looking to update as soon as possible

The Team is now focusing on refactoring and speeding up the code and of course fixing any breaking bugs. As always please report bugs and issues to https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

When reporting issues please provide the following information:

• - Version of KSP
  • - Version of BDA
  • - OS Build and Version
  • - Link to a full KSP log if reporting a problem

Armor Demonstration

Edited by gomker

58 minutes ago, gomker said:

BDArmory v0.2.1.2 - Armor Update

• New Armor Parts

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/Armor

• New Bullet Types and configurations to support Armor penetration

• Start of localization

• SpannerMonkey: changelog for Ammo overhaul and bullet sweep detail
    • Added bulletType = to all applicable turrets Browning AN/M2 bahaOMillennium bahaM230ChainGun bahaHiddenVulcan bahaM102Howitzer bahaM1Abrams BDAcGKmk2 GoalKeeperBDAcMk1 bahaGoalKeeper bahaGau-8 bahaTurret50cal
    • Merge existing BDA ammunition resource definitions with UA master list
    • Merge existing BDA Bullet and shell sweep definitions with UA master list
    • Created large list of all current ammunition across all weapons mods
    • Defined bullet and shell sweep for most popular ammunition types , obtained max dat for large caliber marine shells
    • Created universal ammo box, a cfg and texture only addition

• Assigned values to universalAmmunition supply

Note: New enhanced ranges and targeting require use of Physics Range Extender

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases

Thanks to @TheDog for his work on the new targeting code and Luoluo-MostHandsomeOne for the starting the Armor / Bullet penetration and @SpannerMonkey(smce) for getting all of it to work with Bullet configurations and new Armor parts.

Note for part makers : The documentation is a work in progress for new Armor and Ammo configurations. We are looking to update as soon as possible

The Team is now focusing on refactoring and speeding up the code and of course fixing any breaking bugs. As always please report bugs and issues to https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

• - Version of KSP
  • - Version of BDA
  • - OS Build and Version

Armor Demonstration

Does the armor act like a heat shield? 

17 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Does the armor act like a heat shield? 

Nope - The way this works is two fold

1. Armor Parts need a specifically configured transform layer to be recognized by BDA as Armor - https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/Armor
  2. The new bullet configurations  interact with this layer
  • Heat Transfer still occurs for "damage" as that is still the only damage model
  • Full penetration does not occur like in stock parts, notice in the video on the far parts (standard panels) the shells fully penetrate on occasion
  • Penetration is determined by the bullet configurations - tuned for real life values

This new model will allow for more balanced and realistic weapon behavior. Mod makers will need to adopt the bullet configurations to be fully effective. @SpannerMonkey(smce)'s forth coming updates to SM Armory will include updates that support the model. We will be reaching out to Mod maintainers to help them understand how to fully utilize. Really all they need to do is change their ammunition types to the new included ones in this update.

//Edit

Note that armor has thickness parameters as well

Edited by gomker

Hi all I'm seeing some discussion elsewhere  regarding Armor it's definition and what is in fact considered as Armor.  Having spent a good while getting it all working  , and somewhat in the tradition of the BDA thread I'll clear up some of the details . This info is also available  here

A stock unmodified part has virtually zero armor value .

For Armor to function is has to be created as a unique part. 

There is only one way to make a part armor and that for the part to have a ArmorRootTransform within the part and located at the top of the part hierarchy , 

A single part can only have 1 (one) ArmorRootTransform . 

The thickness or dimension of the part/s have no relevance or bearing on armor value, Armor value is set by a part module within the cfg. example below

BDARMOR
    {
		EquivalentThickness = 350  //350mm
		outerArmorThickness = 350
		ExplodeMode = Never
    }

It should be noted that without an ArmorRootTransform the above module will spam the logs with x not found errors

The ArmorRootTransform should face in the direction of expected shellfire.  Armor works from both sides , so symmetrically mounted parts are effective

Individual edge mounted  armor panels are less effective than panels surface attached to a larger structure,  this is due to the inability of a standalone panel to transfer heat. whereas a mounted panel loses heat to any part it is attached to.   Heat is part of the BDA damage mechanic and anything struck by shellfire experiences heating

For further info see the wiki link 

Here's a simple demo tank ready to use built mainly from the supplied armor panels, BDA and stock parts ( and of course just a touch of tweakscale)

List of currently supported ammo and bullet types,  If anyone can help fill in the missing values or missing types, must be based off real data not supposition please get in touch.

Spoiler
BD Armory Continued Supported Ammo and Bullet types
Ammo definition  Bullet definition AP HE
7.62x39Ammo 7.62x39mmBullet x  
7.7x56Ammo  7.7x56mmBullet x  
7.92×57mmMauser 7.92mmBullet    
9x19mmParaAmmo 9mmBullet    
50CalAmmo 12.7mmBullet    
20x21Ammo        
20x102Ammo  20mmBullet    
20x163Ammo    20x163mmBullet    
23x115Ammo 23x115mmBullet    
23x152Ammo 23x152mmBullet    
25x137Ammo 25x137mmBullet   25mmBullet    
30x165Ammo

30x165Bullet  or 30mmBullet  suggested suitable for all 30mm types when combined with appropriate turret settings for mass and muzzle velocity

NOTE cannon shells of 30x165 and below now require a Bullet damage modifier  bulletDmgMult = 0.0f  be added to the weapon cfg . the value should be decided  upon by testing. Results will be determined by shell velocity and mass and observing damage dealt . In BDA testing a bulletDmgMult = 1.1 is more than sufficient for most low caliber cannons.  Also note that this value will only be recognized  by the BDA code in conjunction with a turret configured as a cannon.

Ballistic type weapons remain unaffected and are just as effective as before

30x173Ammo 30x173Bullet x  
30x173HEAmmo 30x173HEBullet   x
37mmFlaKAmmo      
40x53Ammo      
40x53HeAmmo 40x53HEBullet    
40x311Ammo      
54cmMortarShells      
57x438Ammo    57mmBullet    
TungstenShell TungstenBullet x  
75×714Ammo 75mmBullet    
76x638Ammo    76x636mmBullet    
3inchShells      
90mmShells    90mmBullet    
100mmShells 100mmBullet    
4p5inchQFShells 4p5inchQFBullet    
105mmShells 105mmBullet   BDA standard cannon shell suitable for all 100mm to 200mm  when combined with appropriate turret settings for mass and muzzle velocity   x  
105mmHEShells 105mmHEBullet   x
120mmAmmo 120mmBullet    
122mmQFShells 122mmBullet    
130Shells 130Bullet    
QF5-25Shell QF5-25Bullet    
5/62Shell      
138_140Shells      
152Shells      
155Shells 155mmBullet    
180Shells      
203Shells 203HEBullet   suggested as suitable for above 200mm.  when combined with appropriate turret settings for mass and muzzle velocity   x
12inShells      
356Shells     x
356ApAmmo 356ApBullet x  
380Shells      
M65ShellAmmo      
406mmNuclearShells      
16inchShells      
460Shells      
Type4Rocket      
ATRocket      
Hades122rocket      

https://kerbalx.com/SpannerMonkey/BDA-ARMOR--DEMO-CRAFT

SDkP1Tk.png

Spoiler

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
Added supported ammo table

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Problem: Flare Smoke Glitch

Mods:

B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.5

B9 Part Switch - 1.7.1

B9 Aerospace - 6.3.1

B9 Aerospace - 6.3.1

B9 Aerospace HX Parts - 6.3.1

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.11

BDArmory - 0.2.1.0

PhyscisRangeExtender - Came in the zip with BDArmory

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.2

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2

Smoke Screen – 2.7.4.0

Reproduction: Build a plane with flares and fly it. During flight, deploy the flares. You will see that the flares stick with the plane’s flight path. :/

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bxlrtb7unla15m/2017-06-19 10-04-28.mp4?dl=0

im having some problems with the 50cam ammo box where whenever the game try's to load it, it crashes(on the loading screen)

UPDATE: the error occurs with all ammo

Edited by SYDWAD
udate

6 hours ago, Wojtek_ftw said:

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Problem: Flare Smoke Glitch

Mods:

B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.5

B9 Part Switch - 1.7.1

B9 Aerospace - 6.3.1

B9 Aerospace - 6.3.1

B9 Aerospace HX Parts - 6.3.1

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.11

BDArmory - 0.2.1.0

PhyscisRangeExtender - Came in the zip with BDArmory

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.2

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2

Smoke Screen – 2.7.4.0

Reproduction: Build a plane with flares and fly it. During flight, deploy the flares. You will see that the flares stick with the plane’s flight path. :/

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bxlrtb7unla15m/2017-06-19 10-04-28.mp4?dl=0

Thanks. This is known issue. It was already reported in github  https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/171

Just now, SYDWAD said:

im reporting a reoccurring problem and as long as its getting noticed it doesn't matter

You are not using the correct channel to report issues. 

As always please report bugs and issues to https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

• - Version of KSP
  • - Version of BDA
  • - OS Build and Version

I have a problem with burn together (in ksp 1.2.2). Whenever I use it, other crafts do copy me but the throttle comes down to zero and gets locked there. But when I turn it off, the throttle is free. Any solutions?

On 6/25/2017 at 0:11 AM, Darth Jeb said:

in ksp 1.2.2

Sorry Darth, we have moved on to 1.3 now. I compiled and tested the last release with ground vehicles (you should be using BDA's Wing Commader for Aircraft) and did not see any issues.

48 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

Can you use modular missiles without setting the craft to guard mode?

Also, how do you do staging for the missiles?

Pretty sure JR has a link to the guide for the modular missiles. I played with them only a little, but I could fire them manually.

Just now, memeconnoiseur said:

Do you put each stage on a custom action group?

Hi, from that very same page

Note: Each Custom group is used by each stage. Custom01 = Stage 1, Custom02 = Stage 2... The next stage will be automatically triggered when all engines are flame-out.

SO even though you need to set them initially the modular missile controller actually fires and detaches as required

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, from that very same page

Note: Each Custom group is used by each stage. Custom01 = Stage 1, Custom02 = Stage 2... The next stage will be automatically triggered when all engines are flame-out.

SO even though you need to set them initially the modular missile controller actually fires and detaches as required

Ok

thanks for clarifying for me

30 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Pretty sure JR has a link to the guide for the modular missiles. I played with them only a little, but I could fire them manually.

Do you mean through the BDA UI or by right-clicking the core and triggering it?

24 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

Ok

thanks for clarifying for me

Do you mean through the BDA UI or by right-clicking the core and triggering it?

The missile should be listed in the UI as selectable. Select. Fire. No right clicking required.