DoctorDavinci

[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Galane said:

Flying Missile Rail. Can this be done? It's a drone with one or two missile rails, fitted with AMRAAMs.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/news/a28100/darpa-factory-in-a-can-drones/

Currently no, this is not possible with BDAc

The problem lies in that you cannot have more than one Pilot AI on a craft at launch or things go all out of whack and don't work properly or don't work at all. This is partially due to the way the AI was coded but more due to the KSP stock system that names the decoupled craft as 'yourcraftsname'-probe 

There is also the issue of multiple weapon managers which will do the same thing once you try to get yhe AI to pilot the crafy

It's actually a fair bit more complicated than that but you should have the gist of why it will not work at this time

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galane said:

What if they're docked after launch?

Now there is a novel approach ... honestly don't know

Give it a try and let us know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Galane said:

Flying Missile Rail

As it stands today there's only one way to do this.  Things you need to know aside from those that the other chaps mentioned,  there's no facility to launch a drone or anything thats not cfg'd as a missile or bomb via BDA. There's no facility to load missile type weapons in the flight scene. 

SO you need a drone, that is just a drone, although for best results this drone would contain in itself all the BDA control modules, rather than them being tacked on as extra parts later .  The drone bit itself is quite an interesting problem as , it needs to be able to be launched anywhere from limited space, there's no point if it needs 500 mtrs runway,  so you ideally need vertical takeoff ability, BUT heli type drones are difficult to control for the PAI, and compared to fixed wing, fuel consumption and endurance is limited. It  also needs the power to able to lift and maneuver with two missiles attached, which unless you make a huge drone or small missiles is a tall order, although a 2meter heli drone can quite happily carry a couple of hell fires, the larger air to air missiles present a problem, in that they are not usually compact in size and they ( if correctly made) can be quite heavy.

AS for your concerns of flying and tuning, if the drone is small enough and not shaped like a brick , it's going to difficult for an aircraft to target it , it will have a low RCS (radar cross section)(notathingyetbutwillbe)  which will make missile lock difficult if not impossible.  So i wouldn't worry too much. As long as it's stable and fairly agile you shouldn't ever have a problem  

A lot of the above has been proved in BDA dev recently, so it's not just supposition,  as I'm currently developing observation and combat drones.

Spoiler

l9ksLXv.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, every time I boot up KSP with BDAc My game Crashes just after "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions"

Is anyone getting this Issue? And if so, were you able to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SavageCaliber22 said:

Hey, every time I boot up KSP with BDAc My game Crashes just after "Loading Asset Bundle Definitions"

Is anyone getting this Issue? And if so, were you able to fix it?

Hi can i see a screenshot of your GameData folder and please see first post of thread for information that you need to supply in order for us to diagnose your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the AI Pilot on 1.3.0 with Spanish translations. Every time I put IA pilot on with a plane with J404 Panther, throttle goes to 0. The AI is still trying to pilot the plane, but without thrust it goes to ground. I remark the spanish translations because maybe it is working correctly for the original english one (didnt try it, but I assume it just work or otherwise there would be other complains in the thread). With other engines, even engines coming from mods, it works just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having problems. First, the BDArmoury tab shows up as grey when it didn't do that in earlier versions. There are also important parts missing such as the radomes (they aren't in other tabs, I checked). I followed the installation instructions including downloading Physics Range Extender. I placed the entire mod into GameData like it says to do.

What might be causing these issues? I tried google searching it, but only found one instance of someone else having the same problem and they never got answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lttito said:

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the AI Pilot on 1.3.0 with Spanish translations. Every time I put IA pilot on with a plane with J404 Panther, throttle goes to 0. The AI is still trying to pilot the plane, but without thrust it goes to ground. I remark the spanish translations because maybe it is working correctly for the original english one (didnt try it, but I assume it just work or otherwise there would be other complains in the thread). With other engines, even engines coming from mods, it works just fine.

 

12 hours ago, RedDwarfIV said:

I'm having problems. First, the BDArmoury tab shows up as grey when it didn't do that in earlier versions. There are also important parts missing such as the radomes (they aren't in other tabs, I checked). I followed the installation instructions including downloading Physics Range Extender. I placed the entire mod into GameData like it says to do.

What might be causing these issues? I tried google searching it, but only found one instance of someone else having the same problem and they never got answered.

KSP.log please

Read the OP of this thread to learn how to help us help you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

 

KSP.log please

Read the OP of this thread to learn how to help us help you :)

Looking at what I did last night, seems like the problem might be I used the wrong download link. I didn't see the link on the releases page and tried downloading from PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory. I think I've found the correct link now and will try running that instead.

Sorry.

Edited by RedDwarfIV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 3:26 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

 

KSP.log please

Read the OP of this thread to learn how to help us help you :)

Hi, here it is my ksp log file.

dropbox link to ksp.log

Thanks for your time :)

Edited by lttito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lttito said:

Hi, here it is my ksp log file.

dropbox link to ksp.log

Thanks for your time :)

Firespitter is throwing exceptions, SXT is throwing exceptions, Interstellar Fuel Switch is throwing exceptions, Infernal Robotics is throwing exceptions but I fail to notice any exceptions being throen by BDAc

Perhaps reinstalling BDAc in a fresh KSP install is in order ... start with BDAc and slowly add mods until you find which is breaking your game

Running the Spanish localization patch should have absolutely no effect upon gameplay other than changing text from English to Spanish

It appears that you have a borked install ... nothing can be done other than what I suggested above

BDAc isn't the problem from what I can tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Firespitter is throwing exceptions, SXT is throwing exceptions, Interstellar Fuel Switch is throwing exceptions, Infernal Robotics is throwing exceptions but I fail to notice any exceptions being throen by BDAc

Perhaps reinstalling BDAc in a fresh KSP install is in order ... start with BDAc and slowly add mods until you find which is breaking your game

Running the Spanish localization patch should have absolutely no effect upon gameplay other than changing text from English to Spanish

It appears that you have a borked install ... nothing can be done other than what I suggested above

BDAc isn't the problem from what I can tell

Strange, since the problem is happening only for that engine. I tested on others and it works as expected. I'll try with a fresh install to see what is the mod that is conflicting...

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be doing something wrong, but attaching a weapon manager, two .50 cals to a plane and an ammo box still does not give me the option to fire. The screen looks like this, am I missing something?

XHvwpjG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joacobanfield said:

I might be doing something wrong, but attaching a weapon manager, two .50 cals to a plane and an ammo box still does not give me the option to fire. The screen looks like this, am I missing something?

XHvwpjG.png

The BDA tab is whited out, which is the first clue as to something being wrong with the install. You can see the WM does not show any weapons being there at all. Can you provide a screenshot of your Gamedata folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 7:15 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

Firespitter is throwing exceptions, SXT is throwing exceptions, Interstellar Fuel Switch is throwing exceptions, Infernal Robotics is throwing exceptions but I fail to notice any exceptions being throen by BDAc

Perhaps reinstalling BDAc in a fresh KSP install is in order ... start with BDAc and slowly add mods until you find which is breaking your game

Running the Spanish localization patch should have absolutely no effect upon gameplay other than changing text from English to Spanish

It appears that you have a borked install ... nothing can be done other than what I suggested above

BDAc isn't the problem from what I can tell

I made a new installment of KSP. Only mods installed are BDAc and PhysicsRangeExtender (that is mandatory with BDAc).

The problem still persist. With 404 engine, neither competition mode nor AI pilot works. I got the KSP.log and took a capture:

BQEG6u2.png

 

Thanks!

Edited by lttito
fixed usual typos on first post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lttito regarding your log, it's empty there are no errors relating to anything, which is very odd,  looking at the flight section of the log shows though that as far as the games concerned you have no weapons fitted or engines,  that is if the craft shown are the ones built in the VAB not previously built.    This was a brand new install?  of KSP and BDA/PRE?  If so go to the main KSP folder find and delete your PartDatabase.cfg and then try again .  Could you also try a new download of BDAc, as there are no log errors to speak of, it just leaves the more unusual ways things can break as possibilities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK BD weaponry is 1:1 scale, could a scalable option or seperate pack for kerbal scale be implemented?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

AFAIK BD weaponry is 1:1 scale, could a scalable option or seperate pack for kerbal scale be implemented?

Hi the trouble is that when you tweakscale something all values are changed, and a little change can have a big effect on how the weapon behaves, they are always best at the size they are built at

While i do include tweakscale patches for my weapons I make it known, that scaling turrets and weapons,  effectively rules out any kind of meaningful support regarding performance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joacobanfield said:

I might be doing something wrong, but attaching a weapon manager, two .50 cals to a plane and an ammo box still does not give me the option to fire. The screen looks like this, am I missing something?

 

You need both the AI and Weapon manager modules on the plane, even if you're going to fly and fire manually. Right ammo box type for .50?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Galane said:

You need both the AI and Weapon manager modules on the plane, even if you're going to fly and fire manually. Right ammo box type for .50?

I thought that with this problem too, but if you notice the 50 cal ammo, that is the correct ammo box. However, WM literally does not see the 50s. Usually this happens when a mod interferes with BDA, or when BDA is installed incorrectly. (I lean towards that because the BDA button is whited out)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll provide one tomorrow. Also, the contents of the output.log put quite a strain on my computer if I paste them here, is that the only way to hand them over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joacobanfield said:

I'll provide one tomorrow. Also, the contents of the output.log put quite a strain on my computer if I paste them here, is that the only way to hand them over?

HI, NEVER paste logs, the mods don't like it and we can't read it properly. All we need is a zipped copy of your KSP.log no other logs are needed or necessarily useful either, i don't like downloading 10mb log files really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joacobanfield said:

I might be doing something wrong, but attaching a weapon manager, two .50 cals to a plane and an ammo box still does not give me the option to fire. The screen looks like this, am I missing something?

XHvwpjG.png

It is very likely that you do not have the proper version of BDAc for your KSP version

The whitening out of the BDA tab leads me to believe that this is the case ... either that or you installed the complete source package

 

Please refer to the OP of this thread where you will find links for BDAc and installation instructions ... if you continue to experience this issue then I recommend that you read the OP of this thread where it is clearly explained how to help us help you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.