DoctorDavinci

[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Recommended Posts

I've done a bit of searching and can't seem to come up with an answer to this question: Is guard mode only supposed to enable the targeting pod while airborne?  Most modern "tank destroyers" are missile based, so I was attempting to make a vehicle who's armament consisted of only TOW missiles, but the guard mode won't enable or use the targeting pod unless I hover more than 25m off the ground.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice Modulearmor and ArmorPenetration has already got something inside, is there any news about them? And how to make a turret armored?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like links to all part expansions are lost (some of them in original BDA post are inavailable). These are all functional ones now as far as I know:

Aviator Arsenal

C.A.L.++

Master Tech Weapons

NAS - Naval Artillery System

Never Enuff Dakka Redux

North Kerbin Dynamics

Old School Turrets Redux

P.E.W. Continued

SM Armory

Hope this would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MasterExploder said:

I've done a bit of searching and can't seem to come up with an answer to this question: Is guard mode only supposed to enable the targeting pod while airborne?  Most modern "tank destroyers" are missile based, so I was attempting to make a vehicle who's armament consisted of only TOW missiles, but the guard mode won't enable or use the targeting pod unless I hover more than 25m off the ground.

 

Sounds like something might be interfering with it, because I have vehicles using the targeting pod while on the ground with no issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dr.gunden said:

In the alt-b menu can you add a feature to disable armor penetration 

I am totally fine with it, just wondering how to make it works better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 11:26 PM, flywlyx said:

I notice Modulearmor and ArmorPenetration has already got something inside, is there any news about them?

Soon

16 hours ago, dr.gunden said:

In the alt-b menu can you add a feature to disable armor penetration 

Short answer is no, not at this point in time ... The penetration code is finely woven into BDAc

 

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is reported yet, but there's an issue with Competition Mode and AI Behavior. Competition mode does not work in my case, it gets stuck in Pilot Lifting Off phase and guard mode would have to be activated manually. There's a frustrating behavior in the AI, for some reason after a while they simply fly straight and away from the enemy. At first I thought this was to gain distance for launching missiles, but testing multiple times with and without missiles result the same way. They simply run away from battle, stuck in some kind of changing weapon loop as if undecided.

Here my Log File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2lnmoxohv2aebf/KSP.log?dl=0
1.2.2, BDArmory.0.11.1.6
Modlist:
(Didn't Include some of the dependencies and smaller plugin-less mods)

Spoiler

Filter Extension
Toolbar
Airplane Plus
All Yall
AoATech
ASET
Atmosphere Autopilot
Auto Action
Aviation Cockpits
Aviator Arsenal
B9 Aerospace, HX, Legacy, Procedural Wing
BD Armory, Vessel Switcher, Mk22
BlueDog Design Bureau
Blue Hawk Industries
CAL
Camera Tools
Chaka Monkey
Destruction Effects
Action Group Extended
RCS Land Aid
Automate Vertical Velocity and Altitude Control
Distant Object
Easy Vessel Switch
Editor Extension
EVE
Firespitter
FlexoDocking
FSHangerExtender
Heat Control
Hull Camera VDS
Improved Chase Camera
RPM
KAS
KAX
Kerbal Chroma
Kerbal Foundaries
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
Kerbal Konstructs
HyperEdit
Kerbal Rotor Expansion
KerbCam
KerbinSide
KerbodynePlus
KerboKatz (FPSLimiter only)
Kethane
Aircraft Carrier Accessories
KIS
Kopernicus
kOS
Kronal Vessel Viewer
KSP Craft Organizer
KSPRC
KSPWheel
KWRocketry
KSC++
LackLusterLabs
Lithobrake Tech
Magic Smoke Industries
Malfunc Industries
Mark IV System
MechJeb
Mk2 Expansion
Modular Flight Integrator
Mouse Aim Flight
HotRockets
Master Tech Weapons
NAS
NearFuture (all of them)
Node Helper
North Kerbin Weaponry
OPT Legacy
Overdrive
PEW
Part Commander
Part Wizard
PlanetShine
ProceduralFairings (dependency)
Procedural Parts
Quantum Struts
Quick Brake, GoTo
QuizTechAero
Real Plume Stock
Reentry Particle Effect
RLA Stockalike
Scatterer
SmartParts
SmokeScreen
SM Armory
Station Parts Expansion
SXT
Talistar Parts
Targetron
Texture Replacer
Throttle Controlled Avionics
Time Control
Tweakable Everything
TweakScale
UbioWelding
UniversalStorage
VenStockRevamp
VesselMover
VesselView
Wraitforge


If you need additional testing, I could start a stock BD Armory KSP and test it out there. Thanks.

Edited by Supergamervictor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Supergamervictor said:

Not sure if this is reported yet, but there's an issue with Competition Mode and AI Behavior. Competition mode does not work in my case, it gets stuck in Pilot Lifting Off phase and guard mode would have to be activated manually. There's a frustrating behavior in the AI, for some reason after a while they simply fly straight and away from the enemy. At first I thought this was to gain distance for launching missiles, but testing multiple times with and without missiles result the same way. They simply run away from battle, stuck in some kind of changing weapon loop as if undecided.

Here my Log File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kt9vwgt6y7bl8zr/output_log.txt?dl=0

If you need additional testing, I could start a stock BD Armory KSP and test it out there. Thanks.

KSP.log please ... KSP version, BDAc version and mod list are required as well in order to diagnose the cause

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Supergamervictor - from your modlist I will assume that you are using the integrated AI Pilot/Weapon Manager from Aviator Arsenal as it is a known issue that competition mode will not engage after take off when using this part due to the lack of the wing commander module in its part config

Try rerunning competition mode after changing the AI Pilot/Weapon Manager combo antenna to the individual AI Pilot and Weapon Manager parts from BDAc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@Supergamervictor - from your modlist I will assume that you are using the integrated AI Pilot/Weapon Manager from Aviator Arsenal as it is a known issue that competition mode will not engage after take off when using this part due to the lack of the wing commander module in its part config

Try rerunning competition mode after changing the AI Pilot/Weapon Manager combo antenna to the individual AI Pilot and Weapon Manager parts from BDAc

Actually I never knew Aviator Arsenal had that, the only AI Pilot/Weapon Manager I use is from BDAc. However, one of the planes uses AoA Drone with its own pilot module could be the issue. Testing right now to check if it is.

Edit: confirmed, it was the drone. Guess I'll have to manually get rid of the module. Thanks for help. Not sure if the AI behavior is also related to this, but that occurred on a normal BDAc AI Pilot.

Edited by Supergamervictor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Supergamervictor said:

 Not sure if the AI behavior is also related to this, but that occurred on a normal BDAc AI Pilot.

Hi a small point of note here, this problem has cropped up from time to time and in all my investigations it's turned out that something else was screwing up, producing errors, and it seems in some circumstances that the BDAI just can't cope and you get random odd failures, like , aircraft heading for the hills instead of engaging, constantly climbing, failing to properly activate in combat mode, failing to reach start pos etc.   While the log you posted is not the most useful to me, a quick look shows that you have something out of date in your install as KSP Util dll is still being called and that was removed/merged into c#firstpass around 1.2pre i recall

Another fix for yours and AA's module issue is to simply apply a MM patch to drop in the missing WC modules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi a small point of note here, this problem has cropped up from time to time and in all my investigations it's turned out that something else was screwing up, producing errors, and it seems in some circumstances that the BDAI just can't cope and you get random odd failures, like , aircraft heading for the hills instead of engaging, constantly climbing, failing to properly activate in combat mode, failing to reach start pos etc

It seems to be happening to every competition/duel I make, both actually get stuck like this. If it's this frequent then it might be some kind of conflict or bug, does it occur on a Stock KSP install with nothing but BDA?

Edited by Supergamervictor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Supergamervictor said:

It seems to be happening to every competition/duel I make, both actually get stuck like this. If it's this frequent then it might be some kind of conflict or bug, does it occur on a Stock KSP install with nothing but BDA?

No, it does not occur with only BDAc installed

The issue is that if there is an AI Pilot/Weapon Manager used on a craft that does not have the Wing Commander module listed in said parts config then the Competition Mode issue you are having will occur

There are two solutions to this issue (which is not an issue with BDAc itself):

1- as my friend and colleague above mentioned, you can create module manager configs to include the Wing Commander module in the parts config or;

2- edit the part configs manually to include Wing Commander as a module that the part uses

See the following post which gives an example of the part config edit needed to get Competition Mode to work with craft that do not utilize the BDAc AI Pilot or Weapon Manager

 

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Supergamervictor said:

It seems to be happening to every competition/duel I make, both actually get stuck like this. If it's this frequent then it might be some kind of conflict or bug, does it occur on a Stock KSP install with nothing but BDA?

Hi! In addition to what @DoctorDavinci said.

Please if you can reproduce your issue using stock crafts with just KSP 1.2.2 and the latest version of BDArmory. Then, please open an issue https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues here, attaching your craft file and the BDArmory team will take care of it.

Thanks.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

The issue is that if there is an AI Pilot/Weapon Manager used on a craft that does not have the Wing Commander module listed in said parts config then the Competition Mode issue you are having will occur

Actually, I was mentioning about the AI behavior that SpannerMonkey pointed out, but thanks for the heads up for the competition mode issue.

13 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Please if you can reproduce your issue using stock crafts with just KSP 1.2.2 and the latest version of BDArmory. Then, please open an issue https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues here, attaching your craft file and the BDArmory team will take care of it.

Will do, I'll test some dogfights to see if this AI behavior occurs in stock.

Update:
It is in fact stock. Got a install working with just BDA, mounted two Vulcans, AI Pilot and Weapons Manager to an Aeris 3A and had them fight 3 times. I used the cheats to make the fights as long as possible and in all three duels, they ended with the plane I'm viewing flying straight and static.
From what I saw in the console, it seemed to be spam of SmartPickWeapon, constantly looping with the vulcan. At first I thought the AI was trying to make optimal firing distance, but because both planes have same speeds they get stuck in trying to gain distance. But in the last test, when I turned off guard mode, the AI continued flying straight ahead.
Another detail I'd like to add, it could be caused by the AI Pilot reaching its minimum altitude and disengaging to climb. Not sure about this because in the second test they never flew close to the minimum altitude of 500.
I just want to be absolutely sure if this is actually a bug before submitting to Github.
Logs : https://www.dropbox.com/s/oij7oxq4lynm7qf/StockBDA.rar?dl=0
1.2.2, BDArmory.0.11.1.6

Edited by Supergamervictor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found an issue with the AGM-65, I fired this one from the ground:

0627212ca651450a512c3950a7702422.png

and I just checked and it's STILL going

c79077070e2df2c058d220ff6f8f8234.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/02/2017 at 10:41 AM, Supergamervictor said:

But in the last test, when I turned off guard mode, the AI continued flying straight ahead.

That there proves the AI wasn't fully engaged.  In non combat mode with no other inputs the AI should fly a circular path. So something is breaking down, can you send me the craft file?

2 hours ago, Draconiator said:

AGM-65, I fired this one from the ground:

Logs??

@Supergamervictor   Your game build  1.2.1.1604 is your problem BDA is not supported for prior versions to 1.2.2

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked in the ALT-F12 menu...nothing SEEMS out of the ordinary but I still have no clue what's causing it.  hmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the stats in the config file.

        thrust = 44 //KN thrust during boost phase
        cruiseThrust = 9.6 //thrust during cruise phase
        dropTime = 0 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites
        boostTime = 0.575 //seconds of boost phase
        cruiseTime = 3.495 //seconds of cruise phase
        guidanceActive = true //missile has guidanceActive
        blastRadius = 25 //meters
        blastPower = 20
        blastHeat = 26
        maxTurnRateDPS = 9 //degrees per second

it just keeps on going, here's the other parts where the problem could be.

        aero = true
        liftArea = 0.0048
        steerMult = .75
        maxTorque = 15

I don't know if the below has anything to do with it though.

    // --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 0.27
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.02
    minimum_drag = 0.02
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 5
    maxTemp = 3600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@Supergamervictor   Your game build  1.2.1.1604 is your problem BDA is not supported for prior versions to 1.2.2

My apologies, was not aware the stock folder I copied and paste was 1.2.1, here's an updated Stock 1.2.2 with BDA test:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vnmyf0gvxph5yx/StockBDA.rar?dl=0
Same as before, 3 duels resulting in the same AI behavior. In the second and third test, I turned off guard mode and the AI to see if it would stop but it still resulted in the AI flying straight ahead. In the third test, I increased their default and minimum altitude and lowered their speed. Midway in I realised I had forgotten to turn on Infinite Ammo, but still after a few more minutes of the plane chasing from behind spraying infinite bullets, the AI just flew straight.

Edited by Supergamervictor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Draconiator said:

I looked in the ALT-F12 menu...nothing SEEMS out of the ordinary but I still have no clue what's causing it.  hmmm...

This is a known issue with missiles that have a boost phase: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/21

@Supergamervictor - Please use the test craft found in:

[your ksp folder]/gamedata/BDArmory/crafts

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@Supergamervictor - Please use the test craft found in:

[your ksp folder]/gamedata/BDArmory/crafts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/duvr6vdyjt124im/StockBDA2.rar?dl=0
Same as before. The duels were in fact longer before one of them (always the one I control) flies straight ahead, even when turning guard mode off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Supergamervictor said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/duvr6vdyjt124im/StockBDA2.rar?dl=0
Same as before. The duels were in fact longer before one of them (always the one I control) flies straight ahead, even when turning guard mode off.

I find this odd ... Could you please open an issue on our issues tracker at the following link: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

This way the issue can be tracked as we strive to find a solution :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I have added a video section to the OP where I will post videos demonstrating how to use BDAc

I have put one up already that demonstrates guard mode and the wing commander module fairly well, more to come .... Please note that requests are not only accepted but encouraged :)

Spoiler

Guard Mode and Wing Commander:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.