[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Hey guys,

sorry if this is a known issue, i only just got back into kerbal.

The issue i have is that when i load up the game with the mod and physics range extender installed, i am missing the three aircraft radars and the two targeting pods(pod and FLIR ball)

i have no idea if this is just me but the parts are in the folder when i go to check on them

any help would be appreciated.

P.s, i have reinstalled, don't worry about that.

49 minutes ago, ckirky said:

i am missing the three aircraft radars and the two targeting pods(pod and FLIR ball)

Hi big clue right there,  those items use shared textures and therefore the model node, this requires that the parts be in exactly the right place, the fact that they haven't shown up is a good indicator that something is wrong with the way you have the mod installed.  For further info  it's required that you make available a zipped copy of the KSP.log

43 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi big clue right there,  those items use shared textures and therefore the model node, this requires that the parts be in exactly the right place, the fact that they haven't shown up is a good indicator that something is wrong with the way you have the mod installed.  For further info  it's required that you make available a zipped copy of the KSP.log

Hello again Spanner,

Thanks for the prompt reply,  Yep, was my installation, forgot to take the BDarmoury folder out of the release folder.

Right, with that sorted there is only 2 things left to do before launching up again:

1.Image result for facepalm

from the KSP gods at my apparent stupidity.

2. gonna go mod the hell out of this game once again

Thanks for the help Spanner, hope you have a great (rest of?) the day.

6 hours ago, Galane said:

How about a patch to add BDA radar to the stock, Firespitter and Airplane Plus cockpit modules that have no way to mount a radome or anything else to their front?

It would be impolite for us to create MM patches that affect another mods  :)  I would ask the maintainers in their respective threads to add support.

Two ways you can handle this on your own:  1) add the inline radome some where and / or clip it in.  2) this is what you can add to the part config for a fighter radar

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleRadar
	omnidirectional = false
	scanRotationSpeed = 120
	directionalFieldOfView = 120
	lockRotationAngle = 4
	canRecieveRadarData = true
	minSignalThreshold = 150
	minLockedSignalThreshold = 220
	rwrThreatType = 1
	maxLocks = 3
	multiLockFOV = 40
	canTrackWhileScan = true
}

Or I can figure out a way to insert the pointy radome into the middle of the plane, without clipping it. :) Presenting the SF Dart Duo Deux. The SF Dart had one engine. The SF Dart Duo had two engines, and two pointy radomes. Too much weight etc. So I did some major alterations, cut a bunch of weight, improved maneuverability, only have one radome. Thus it's the SF Dart Duo Deux.

One thing I can't figure out is how the elevons forward of the COL got their control direction sorted out so they can work properly for both pitch and roll without having to reverse control authority. On the previous two I have to reverse authority on them, so they can only be used for pitch. Enabling roll on them goes backwards while pitch is reversed. (KSP needs separate authority settings for each axis.) All I did when rebuilding it was remove the wing assemblies then replace them onto the new front pod.

https://pastebin.com/R45ZQpzY

Initially I was just goofing around, experimenting, but the third iteration has turned out to be a surprisingly good dogfighter - and looks darn weird too. Just don't fill up all the wings with fuel unless you're planning a very long flight.

9 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Does anyone know of an up-to-date bda pack that adds the Aim-7 Sparrow?

I've a feeling that the answer is no,  unless of course there's a weapons pack I don't know about. It's a bit long in the tooth really,  unless you're building period stuff , having reached a peak of use around the Vietnam era, many Air forces  have moved on to better things.  There are however plenty of lookalikes in various mods, with a little bit of model node magic a texture and cfg tweak you can easily make one

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

with a little bit of model node magic a texture and cfg tweak you can easily make one

I actually tried to do a copy and paste of the Aim-120 and made it a semi active radar missle. Then I remembered some post about how downscaling weapons was bad, but I tried it anyway. Missle did not show up in game, but I really need a 0.8 scale refactor of the Aim-120 unless the Aim-7 was actually the same size of the Aim-120.

4 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I actually tried to do a copy and paste of the Aim-120 and made it a semi active radar missle. Then I remembered some post about how downscaling weapons was bad, but I tried it anyway. Missle did not show up in game, but I really need a 0.8 scale refactor of the Aim-120 unless the Aim-7 was actually the same size of the Aim-120.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

They are pretty close size wise Aim 120 3.7mtrs   Aim7 3.7-3.6mtrs depending on model

Im currently working on one for my addon  pack(KCS). It uses the stock AIM-120 textures and mesh atm. I might make my own mesh later.

56 minutes ago, Polyus said:

I can't fire missiles, rockets, or bombs. I've got the input set, and guns work fine, just nothing else will.

Hi have you checked the comprehensive BDAc  in game instruction manual in the KSpedia ? This was constructed in order to provide all the info you need in order to fire any missile or drop any bomb.

If you have checked the instructions and it still refuses to function please see the first post of this thread  regarding the info we need about you game etc  in order to provide constructive advice .

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi have you checked the comprehensive BDAc  in game instruction manual in the KSpedia ? This was constructed in order to provide all the info you need in order to fire any missile or drop any bomb.

If you have checked the instructions and it still refuses to function please see the first post of this thread  regarding the info we need about you game etc  in order to provide constructive advice .

Thanks. I'm just dumb, I got it working good now lol.

Hello, I launched the game today in 1.3.1 and evrything here seemed fine... exept that the custom BDarmory tab on the left in the editor was gone. I don't know why this happends but 1.3.1 seems to create a lot of problems with some mods.

Frequently during a dogfight I see target icons for destroyed planes circling around. Can't switch to them, they don't show up in the map view either. They don't seem to run out of fuel. What up with the 'ghost planes'?

4 hours ago, njmksr said:

I tried to kludge together some code to guide cluster bomb submunitions, could @DoctorDavinci or @SpannerMonkey(smce) or someone from the BDAc team take a look? It's probably pretty broken, I'm new to this.

https://github.com/SquaredRoot/BDArmory/blob/master/BDArmory/Parts/ClusterBombGuidedSubs.cs

hi, have you built it, the code into a plugin? and tested it?  does it work?

I do keep mentioning this, but nobody seem to be listening, there are some major projects underway in BDA that potentially effect every part of BDA,  and would advise 3rd parties interested in creating enhancements to BDAc to thoroughly investigate the BDAc repo, branches . issues  and the milestones in order to gain an up to date picture ..

6 hours ago, Arvolder said:

Hello, I launched the game today in 1.3.1 and evrything here seemed fine... exept that the custom BDarmory tab on the left in the editor was gone. I don't know why this happends but 1.3.1 seems to create a lot of problems with some mods.

Hi the current build was tested in 1.3.1  pre release and was found to work well.  In order to provide further assistance please read the first post of this thread regarding bug and error reporting. ie  KSP.log etc. The missing tab does indicate either a problem or an incorrect installation. 

Also regardless of what Squad has said in the notes, it's a fairly safe bet that, unless a mod specifically states in it's release thread/Github  it is 1.3.1 ready, it is not

5 hours ago, Galane said:

Frequently during a dogfight I see target icons for destroyed planes circling around. Can't switch to them, they don't show up in the map view either. They don't seem to run out of fuel. What up with the 'ghost planes'?

I don't think i've ever seen that except in cases when a weapon manager is destroyed while leaving the aircraft intact, this effectively removes it from the BDA team list.  We'll need more info ,logs etc that feature an event as you describe in order to see what is happening . Also could you please turn on the BDA debug labels, as this provides a lot of extra info in the logs .

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

27 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

hi, have you built it, the code into a plugin? and tested it?  does it work?

I do keep mentioning this, but nobody seem to be listening, there are some major projects underway in BDA that potentially effect every part of BDA, and i have and would advise 3rd parties interested in creating enhancements to BDAc to thoroughly investigate the BDAc repo, branches . issues  and the milestones in order to gain an up to date picture ..

Hi the current build was tested in 1.3.1  pre release and was found to work well.  In order to provide further assistance please read the first post of this thread regarding bug and error reporting. ie  KSP.log etc. The missing tab does indicate either a problem or an incorrect installation. 

Also regardless of what Squad has said in the notes, it's a fairly safe bet that, unless a mod specifically states in it's release thread/Github  it is 1.3.1 ready, it is not

I don't think i've ever seen that except in cases when a weapon manager is destroyed while leaving the aircraft intact, this effectively removes it from the BDA team list.  We'll need more info ,logs etc that feature an event as you describe in order to see what is happening . Also could you please turn on the BDA debug labels, as this provides a lot of extra info in the logs .

I have yet to test it, I was wondering if anything jumped out at you as extremely wrong.

On a side note, could you put me in contact with the person who coded the LOAL script?

Edited by njmksr

2 hours ago, njmksr said:

On a side note, could you put me in contact with the person who coded the LOAL script?

That's a bit like asking to meet the inventor of the wheel :) A lot of cooks have had a stir at the pot .   As for the who, a look into the BDA repo will tell you everything you need to know.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That's a bit like asking to meet the inventor of the wheel :) A lot of cooks have had a stir at the pot .   As for the who, a look into the BDA repo will tell you everything you need to know.

Yeah, I'm talking with @jrodriguez on the GitHub, I've opened up an issue. He's helped me think this through a lot!