DoctorDavinci

[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Hi all

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I have added a video section to the OP where I will post videos demonstrating how to use BDAc

I have put one up already that demonstrates guard mode and the wing commander module fairly well, more to come .... Please note that requests are not only accepted but encouraged :)

  Reveal hidden contents

Guard Mode and Wing Commander:

 

 

How about a video on the AI settings and other things to know for newcomers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Supergamervictor said:

How about a video on the AI settings and other things to know for newcomers?

A video on setting up the AI would be fairly convoluted as different craft will use different settings for best performance ... at times it can take days, even weeks to set up a specific design to fly at its finest by adjusting the AI Pilot settings

Every plane handles differently, so the control system of the AI Pilot must be tuned to handle the plane properly.

There are entries in the in game BDPedia (KSPedia) that cover what the settings do and you can find additional info at the following link:

http://bdarmory.wikia.com/wiki/BDArmory_Wikia

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

A video on setting up the AI would be fairly convoluted as different craft will use different settings for best performance ... at times it can take days, even weeks to set up a specific design to fly at its finest by adjusting the AI Pilot settings

Every plane handles differently, so the control system of the AI Pilot must be tuned to handle the plane properly.

There are entries in the BDPedia (KSPedia) that cover what the settings do and you can find additional info at the following link:

http://bdarmory.wikia.com/wiki/BDArmory_Wikia

Completely understandable, but you need to tell that in the front page where loads of newcomers are gonna just skip and go straight here to ask questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Supergamervictor said:

Completely understandable, but you need to tell that in the front page where loads of newcomers are gonna just skip and go straight here to ask questions.

It has been clearly stated in the OP to consult the in game KSPedia for detailed information on the operation of BDAc

Most of what is in the wiki I put into the BDPedia, however I added a link to the wiki in the OP for those who wish to use the web instead of using the built in instruction manual included with BDAc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I get an astounding amount of logspam when I load up a craft (in physics) that has a BDA part attached.

Log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I went to the d/l page linked in the first post and extracted the stuff and put into the GameData folder. Things, from what I can tell, are in the game... however... none of the guns or missiles fire. I went into the actions menu to key bind the fire mode and even that didn't work. Was there something I missed? Something extra I needed to download? Or am I just an idiot. D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

Hello. I get an astounding amount of logspam when I load up a craft (in physics) that has a BDA part attached.

Log.

KSP.log please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Keet said:

So, I went to the d/l page linked in the first post and extracted the stuff and put into the GameData folder. Things, from what I can tell, are in the game... however... none of the guns or missiles fire. I went into the actions menu to key bind the fire mode and even that didn't work. Was there something I missed? Something extra I needed to download? Or am I just an idiot. D:

Couple questions .....

Did you add a Weapon Manager to your craft?

Did you put the gamedata folder contained in the BDArmory zip into your KSP's gamedata folder?

Can you provide your KSP.log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

KSP.log please

Thought you'd prefer the output_log.txt I linked earlier, but I've got ksp.log too if you want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DuoDex - I dug through your logs and they are incomplete, however from what I can see BDAc itself isn't throwing any exceptions

Could you take one of the craft that is displaying the problem and remove all BDAc parts then fly it and look if the log spam is still there ... I'm wondering if it is either a mod interaction or if one of the mods you have that are throwing spam could be the culprit

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, first I want to thank you for maintaining this awesome mod.

 

Now, is there a way to tweak the ricochet/penetration? They're breaking my tank designs because the bullets bounce off it and through it in every direction, hitting parts they shouldn't be (examples: I shoot it with one 30mm bullet in the front, it goes all the way through, hits the fuel tanks in the back and makes the whole thing explode; I shoot at it's wheels from one side, the bullet goes all the way through again and hits wheels on both sides; I shoot it's wheel from the front and the bullet bounces sideways into the main body). This is really killing my enjoyment, so I'd like to know if there's a way to change it other than dumping my designs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vorox said:

Hi, first I want to thank you for maintaining this awesome mod.

 

Now, is there a way to tweak the ricochet/penetration? They're breaking my tank designs because the bullets bounce off it and through it in every direction, hitting parts they shouldn't be (examples: I shoot it with one 30mm bullet in the front, it goes all the way through, hits the fuel tanks in the back and makes the whole thing explode; I shoot at it's wheels from one side, the bullet goes all the way through again and hits wheels on both sides; I shoot it's wheel from the front and the bullet bounces sideways into the main body). This is really killing my enjoyment, so I'd like to know if there's a way to change it other than dumping my designs.

Hi that's over penetration, the snag being that with the current release of BDA there is no way to have reliable combat at proper  distances, and because of this in anything not perfectly configured, as you've seen the shells go right through in many cases.  There is something in the wind that will transform a lot of how you set things up and the ranges at which combat can be joined . the point being that when you start getting to proper ranges for the guns things improve immeasurably. 

The actual bullet penetration has still to be adopted by the main par of the weapon modding community, unless recent updates have added them,, and as such the shells that are fired are all given the default penetration value,

Check the cfg see if there's a line bulletType = 30mmBullet If it isn't there feel free to add it under the ModuleWeapon part of the cfg, BDA as stock comes with definitions for all the types it fires,( and I've just submitted an update to @Acea for CAL++ that adds about  dozen more bullet  types and values  )

My advice is bear with it for a while before scrapping everything as things will change in the next update more than likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, thanks for claryfing. Good to know it's being worked on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, the_patroller55 said:

I can't fire anything from the mod itself

But guns from mods like Old Turrets and Aviator Arsenal work fine

Logs? ... did you install BDAc according to the directions in the OP of this thread?

We need more than 'it doesn't work' to figure out what the issue is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I don't really know if I can ask this here, or if someone else asked it, but are there any plans to update BDDMP as well? some people asked about it on that mod's forum but it looks as if the developer went on a hiatus since July of 2016. Hope I'm not in the wrong for asking this >~<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Polaris111 said:

Hey, I don't really know if I can ask this here, or if someone else asked it, but are there any plans to update BDDMP as well? some people asked about it on that mod's forum but it looks as if the developer went on a hiatus since July of 2016. Hope I'm not in the wrong for asking this >~<

Hi, I have to re-test DMP. But my previous experience was quite frustrating - The performance of DMP is very poor (even on a local gigabit network). It has very strange behaviour when a vessel is destroyed, auto-spawming a new vessel inmediately.

I will do a new test with the latest version of DMP, but it still having the same performance and bugs..I don't think it will make sense to invest time working on a compatibility mod for it but working on LMP on or a new multiplayer mod.

Edited by jrodriguez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh a new KSP MP mod in the works.

Cant wait to test it.

DMP is amazeing but its so laggy when near other players :( crafts warp about etc etc.

Is there a test verion of LMP I can install and play with :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stk2008 said:

DMP is amazeing but its so laggy when near other players :( crafts warp about etc etc.

Yes, and that is the reason why it is not an option for BDArmory. BDArmory needs a high performance Multiplayer.

LMP stands for LunaMultiplayer. Is a very alpha multiplayer mod based on DMP. You will have to manual recompile it from https://github.com/DaggerES/LunaMultiPlayer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2017 at 2:46 AM, jrodriguez said:

Yes, and that is the reason why it is not an option for BDArmory. BDArmory needs a high performance Multiplayer.

LMP stands for LunaMultiplayer. Is a very alpha multiplayer mod based on DMP. You will have to manual recompile it from https://github.com/DaggerES/LunaMultiPlayer

 

Wait so is BDarmory currently working with LMP? as in, you can have dogfights with your friends and such?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Polaris111 said:

Wait so is BDarmory currently working with LMP? as in, you can have dogfights with your friends and such?

I think JR meant that BDAc would not work with LMP as it is still highly undeveloped and no other current multiplayer option works well enough to fully represent the work that goes in to BDAc and  it's true capabilities ( :wink:JR )   or fits with the current development plan for BDAc going forward.( of course  that presupposes there is one :P )

. Running demanding software on inferior equipment or platforms leads to user dissatisfaction, and more importantly erroneous bug reports. 

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Running demanding software on inferior equipment or platforms leads to user dissatisfaction, and more importantly erroneous bug reports.

Yep so true Mr. SM, I for one know that to much mod is a bad thing in one game, An old man told me once to run many setups of a game to have more fun.

to place all the great mods into one game build kills many off the shelf walmart computers lol....:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Polaris111 said:

Wait so is BDarmory currently working with LMP? as in, you can have dogfights with your friends and such?

No at all! 

10 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I think JR meant that BDAc would not work with LMP as it is still highly undeveloped and no other current multiplayer option works well enough to fully represent the work that goes in to BDAc and  it's true capabilities ( :wink:JR )   or fits with the current development plan for BDAc going forward.( of course  that presupposes there is one :P )

. Running demanding software on inferior equipment or platforms leads to user dissatisfaction, and more importantly erroneous bug reports. 

Thanks @SpannerMonkey(smce) ! 

In my opinion, there are different option to explore in order to implement the best suited multiplayer mod to BDArmory scenarios, but all of them would require a better performance that the current current DMP. Why?

Because DMP is more or less playable for tipical KSP scenarios where the grade of interaction between players is mostly vessel positions sync with an eventual dock operation.

However in BDArmory the interaction between players is several times more intense, a complete different league:

- Every single missile fired is a new vessel, a dozen of vessels can be flying in less than 10 km.
- 100 ms out of sync would mean that one client can see a missile hitting a target but in other client that missile could missed it.
- Bullets/tracers..

The current options that can be considered are:

  • Wait for Squad to develop multiplayer, extending the  KSP API to provide the needed functionality to ease the object synchronisation for mods. ( Will it ever happen?)
  • Start a proof of concept extending LMP.
  • Start a new multiplayer mod from scratch designed for BDArmory.








 

 

Edited by jrodriguez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems to be the alive thread, so I'll chime in. I'm having recurrent problems with vesselmover when I spawn or move complex vessels around the mun. The tool doesn't seem to make up its mind about the Z height of the manipulated vessel and it repeatedly stutter from lower and higher altitudes several times. Sometimes it clips into the terrain with catastrophic results. Added to that issue when you tell to drop it, it usually goes down normally until an arbitrary point midair and goes down very slowly at 0.1m/ from there on. 

I'm still trying to figure out if specific parts can trigger this, the error log looks rather innocent. I've snipped the KSP.log from between spawning the vessel to its demise. http://pastebin.com/m6kzjXMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Djohaal - I took a look at your logs and I see errors being thrown by the MarkIVSytems mod which seems to be screwing with the colliders of the parts you are using on your craft

This is a sample of what I am talking about:

  1. [WRN 15:20:54.106] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
  2. The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.

This is one of the parts that generate the error:

Scene hierarchy path "mk4cargo-2/model/MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4cargo-2(Clone)/Mk4CargoMedium/ColliderFloor003"

I will do some tests when I get home with a stock install to determine if this is a mod interaction issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.