DoctorDavinci

[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Galane said:

It's probably using lead calculation, which for practical ranges in atmosphere for energy beam weapons doesn't need to be done. Point, shoot, blam.

So I wonder how can I make a little change to that or is this even possible?

Cuz this is really a very important part of my modern sea battle mod pack. 

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

So I wonder how can I make a little change to that or is this even possible?

Cuz this is really a very important part of my modern sea battle mod pack. 

Thanks again

My suggestion is for you to go to the BDAc github and open an issue/feature request for the topics you've brought up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 11:10 PM, Runescope said:

Hey All!

I'm (REALLY) new to BDArmory (continued or otherwise) and I've been trying to get something to work and it hasn't been and I can't figure out why.  Maybe BDA isn't capable?

I'm trying to build a kind of flying fortress, it's got four forward facing Brownign .50cal which it uses just fine, but I've also got a rear facing .50cal turret that it won't use at all.

Well ... that's not technically true.  If I operate it manually, it will work, so I know it works.  But if I go into competition, it won't use it at all, even if the other team's plane is perfectly lined up.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi, @Runescope!

Sometimes Guard Mode doesn't always pick the weapons you want it to, and will in some cases prefer a certain weapon over all others. I'd suggest taking the front-facing 50-cals off, and doing a test flight with just the turret. Guard Mode should choose it, and it will probably work just fine.

If you watch people doing stuff with BDA on YouTube (especially BeardyPenguin and TAPEGaming's "Fall of Kerbin" series) you'll see instances where Guard Mode insists on selecting forward-facing weapons when rear-mounted turrets would be much more useful.

Since I'm 99.99% sure that test flight with just the turret showed you Guard Mode could use it properly when it's the only weapon available, I've got a little trick I used to combine fixed guns and turrets on the same vehicle.

For your plane, my personal work-around would go like this:

1. Remove the 4 front-facing 50-cals

2. Put on two 50-cal turrets with their guns pointed forward in relatively the same spots the fixed guns were.

3. Right-click on the front-facing turrets, and set their all their pitch/yaw to 0. This means they won't turn at all, and will just act like the fixed guns used to. You just have to do this to the two turrets you want to use as front-facing guns.

4. There's a little option in that menu as well that either says "Barrage: False" or "Barrage: True." You need it to say False on all of your turrets, including the one you want to move, for this setup to work. Use the button near the bottom of the menu that says "Toggle Barrage" to switch modes.

And that should do it. You now have a plane that will use 4 forward-facing 50-cals and a rear-mounted 50-cal turret simultaneously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Samwise Potato said:

Since I'm 99.99% sure that test flight with just the turret showed you Guard Mode could use it properly when it's the only weapon available, I've got a little trick I used to combine fixed guns and turrets on the same vehicle.

Turns out this is 100% true. :)  I built another plane with just .50cal turrets and put it into a duel with a MUCH faster plane.  It used the rear facing guns to take it out no problem. :)  As long as you only have one type of gun, the weapon manager will use any angle it can!  It actually shot down the plane firing sideways!  I didn't have time this morning before work to get screenshots, just long enough to test and make sure it worked. I'm going to pit it against 2 or 3 next, just to see what it does.  I'll get screenshots of that. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi so im not sure if this is the mod but when my aircraft gets blown up by a missle or something the entire planet disappears leaving just space and when i reset back to launch my air craft is see through and it stays night time and wont change to day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having a problem with the several different  versions of Bd armory, When I try a older version in SPH under the BD armory tab there are no parts nor when I search the parts up. But if I use the newest version the parts show up but there are 2 BD tabs but if I launch a craft with weapons and the weapon manager, the weapon manager says there is no weapon manager. The strange thing is that it worked a while ago but now it doesn't work (I didn't mess with the files) which is very odd. anyone know a way to fix this?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ksplover said:

I am having a problem with the several different  versions of Bd armory,

Hi a lot has changed in BDA over recent months so we strongly advise against merging overwriting existing versions, which sounds very much like your problem.  Completely delete any existing copy of BDA and install whichever version you wish to use, ensure the install path is KSP/GameData/BDArmory    and not something like KSP/GameData/BDArmory vxxxxxxxx /BDArmory. 

  Should you still have problems please see the first post of this thread for the info we need in order to suggest a fix for  your problem

3 hours ago, Trident97 said:

Hi so im not sure if this is the mod but when my aircraft gets blown up by a missle or something the entire planet disappears leaving just space

Hi please follow the advice above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Galane said:

Got a bit of a problem with Vessel Mover's spawning. I have a plane it removes a part from. Launching it to the runway works fine. Here's the plane.

https://pastebin.com/GZRhEZck

I have had the same problem a few times in the past few months, and the fix is absolute weirdness... took me a while to figure this out, and it is the ONLY fixes I have found. The reason I tried for so long to fix this is because it affected one of my most detailed planes, and I REALLY didn't want to rebuild it.

If you know the part that disappears, (it's front landing gear for me usually) just replace that part of the plane... try connecting it to another part then moving it into place, save it and try again. This sometimes works.

If not, 

1) open your plane in the SPH

2) (CRITICAL STEP) change the root part to something else... something central. preferably a part that has very little connected to it. (like a fuselage part that doesn't have the wings connected to it)

3) Disassemble the plane leaving only the root part active.

4) (Confusing step) from the editor, pick the same part as your root part... and attach it to your existing root part... then make that new part the new root part and delete the old one.

5) reassemble your plane.

 

Yup sounds like bull... It's not.

If you follow the steps, I bet you a beer/coffee/soda (whatever is applicable) that it will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ksplover said:

I didn’t merge them I uninstalled each version before trying a new version

The only reason you would have 2 BD tabs is by having a second BDAc install in your GameData 

Please follow the advice given above and read the OP of this thread for proper installation instructions

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't find any other BD armory files, But when I open op the Weapons manager tab it said no weapon manager found when I have it on my craft, However when I click where the guard mode is or the trigger button I hear the beep. So maybe a texture error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ksplover said:

I didn't find any other BD armory files, But when I open op the Weapons manager tab it said no weapon manager found when I have it on my craft, However when I click where the guard mode is or the trigger button I hear the beep. So maybe a texture error?

You have obviously not read the OP of the BDAc thread ... either this or you just gave it a cursory glance or you are willfully ignoring what is clearly written

If you want help you need to follow the directions ... If you can't follow the directions then I can't help you, sorry

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

I have had the same problem a few times in the past few months, and the fix is absolute weirdness... took me a while to figure this out, and it is the ONLY fixes I have found. The reason I tried for so long to fix this is because it affected one of my most detailed planes, and I REALLY didn't want to rebuild it.

If you know the part that disappears, (it's front landing gear for me usually) just replace that part of the plane... try connecting it to another part then moving it into place, save it and try again. This sometimes works.

If not, 

1) open your plane in the SPH

2) (CRITICAL STEP) change the root part to something else... something central. preferably a part that has very little connected to it. (like a fuselage part that doesn't have the wings connected to it)

3) Disassemble the plane leaving only the root part active.

4) (Confusing step) from the editor, pick the same part as your root part... and attach it to your existing root part... then make that new part the new root part and delete the old one.

5) reassemble your plane.

 

Yup sounds like bull... It's not.

If you follow the steps, I bet you a beer/coffee/soda (whatever is applicable) that it will work.

I got it fixed. Simply pulled off the entire plane behind the FL-A10, removed and tossed the FL-A10. Grabbed a new one, spun it around by hitting D twice then stuck it onto the back of the cockpit then put the rest of the plane back on. Saved it and now it spawns correctly.

An issue with some weirdness in the tree structure that glitches the spawner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Galane said:

Simply pulled off the entire plane behind the FL-A10, removed and tossed the FL-A10. Grabbed a new one, spun it around by hitting D twice then stuck it onto the back of the cockpit then put the rest of the plane back on. Saved it and now it spawns correctly.

Awesome, so the first option worked.

I do not know what causes the glitch, but the NRE spamm when it happens... OMG! it's hard to make sense of what is actually happening when it occurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be having an issue on VesselMover where whenever I spawn a vessel, it teleports the vessel underground. I have also noticed that it feels like the terrain’s hitbox is all funky, because when I spawn a vessel on the water (which usually works) and then move it over ground, the vessel gets all jittery and bounces up and down on the terrain until it finally bounces below the terrain, and explodes. I use the 1.3 version because of mod compatibilities. Any help appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VirtuallyOP said:

I seem to be having an issue on VesselMover where whenever I spawn a vessel, it teleports the vessel underground. I have also noticed that it feels like the terrain’s hitbox is all funky, because when I spawn a vessel on the water (which usually works) and then move it over ground, the vessel gets all jittery and bounces up and down on the terrain until it finally bounces below the terrain, and explodes. I use the 1.3 version because of mod compatibilities. Any help appreciated!

It is due to main KSP game misbehaviour. Try this mod and see if there is some improvement:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VirtuallyOP said:

I seem to be having an issue on VesselMover where whenever I spawn a vessel, it teleports the vessel underground. I have also noticed that it feels like the terrain’s hitbox is all funky, because when I spawn a vessel on the water (which usually works) and then move it over ground, the vessel gets all jittery and bounces up and down on the terrain until it finally bounces below the terrain, and explodes. I use the 1.3 version because of mod compatibilities. Any help appreciated!

KSP.log please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I don't immediately set a craft down after spawning, Vessel Mover likes to throw them into space and blow them up if I try to move them. Once set down it will pick them up and move around without a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kcs123 said:

It is due to main KSP game misbehaviour. Try this mod and see if there is some improvement:

 

Thank you for the suggestion, but it seems like this is a 1.3.1 mod, and i use 1.3.0. Should i honestly just change to 1.3.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can this page have a little question about North Kerbin dynamics? Its about the SCUD missile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LightBender said:

Can this page have a little question about North Kerbin dynamics? Its about the SCUD missile.

You would be better off asking in the NKD thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VirtuallyOP said:

i'm taking a wild guess

If you read the OP of this thread then you wouldn't need to guess ... reading the support instructions would help in this situation

KSP.log please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VirtuallyOP said:

Thank you for the suggestion, but it seems like this is a 1.3.1 mod, and i use 1.3.0. Should i honestly just change to 1.3.1?

Can't give you a proper advice on this. It all depends on mods you are using in 1.3.0. career and if all of them are properly supported in 1.3.1.
You can try however. Keep current 1.3.0. install as it is, even better make a backup of it in separate folder. Then upgrade KSP to 1.3.1. and install your favorite mods on that new instance of KSP. That is only way to find out is it worth to upgrade or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.