Jump to content

[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together


DoctorDavinci
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a suggestion for the mod, so I just finished building an m1a1 Abrams and II found that the Abrams turret doesn't have any connection points (by the cupola / mg mount and where the smoke should be) so could you add in some points there so we could have the smoke / mg turn with the turret instead of awkwardly staying there? thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ryan5251tgp said:

so we could have the smoke / mg turn with the turret instead of awkwardly staying there

The turret is an animation, and attached objects, or nodes will not turn with the animation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright, this is getting pretty frustrating now. I made the damage multiplier near a THOUSAND, and 7mm weapons do HUNDREDTHS damage difference.

Please fix the 7mm caliber. 7mm bullets are simply broken. I've also saw somewhere that the same thing happens to all bullets under 11mm caliber

Edited by Murican_Jeb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, so I'm recently having some extreme issues with the Radar Warning Receiver, which doesn't seem to be doing its job.

I turn on the RWR module on, and it detects planes etc normally. However, it has severe issues with warning about incoming missiles (which is, kind of, a big deal). The icon for the missile will appear for a second (the diamond "M" thing on the radar) and then disappears. However, there is never any sound or prolonged notification.

Is this a bug? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

9X2WnQm.png

I'm currently using the latest BDAc version (1.2.1), and using the latest KSP 64bit version (1.4.3.2152).

There are the other mods I'm using:

  • Destruction effects (latest)
  • Kerbal Foundries, including KSP wheel (latest)
  • Physics Range Extender (obviously)
  • Vessel Mover (Iatest)
  • And I have the KSP expansion pack installed.

Here is log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfflfl1jizmhhcu/KSP.log?dl=0

 

Edit:

 

Also, jammers do nothing. Not a single thing.

Edited by Engineering101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

how about Jernas Turret?

All turrets without exception are this way, there's no difference in connections   between a turret and a cargo bay door,  when attaching to any moving part of an animation,  despite appearances you are connecting to the base parent node.  Missile turrets are actually  good demonstrator of the issue,  find a missile turret that actually has a deploy  that can be triggered in sph, connect missiles and select deploy, you'll see that the turret moves and the missiles stay fixed in place.  A missile turret doesn't know it is a turret until it loads in the flight scene.  and for that matter neither do the gun turrets.

To get anywhere near what you want (  btw this has been discussed , and tried a million ways by most weapon modders, we know it doesn't work)  IS to use a generic turret model a reaction wheel and an IR docking washer or rotatron and then you can do things like this . (very old gif)


WgI2mh5.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Engineering101 said:

Radar Warning Receiver, which doesn't seem to be doing its job.

HI looked through your log and the only item of note is the number of craft errors due to missing parts and misplaced/re arranged modules   Could you retry using a freshly built, not imported from another save craft, and turn on debug labels (from BDA settings, accessible through small gear wheel top right of weapon manager window)   and turn on verbose logging in the KSP game settings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI looked through your log and the only item of note is the number of craft errors due to missing parts and misplaced/re arranged modules   Could you retry using a freshly built, not imported from another save craft, and turn on debug labels (from BDA settings, accessible through small gear wheel top right of weapon manager window)   and turn on verbose logging in the KSP game settings

I retried using a new craft called "Test1". I turned debug labels on as can be seen in screenshots:

bFet5yW.png

Here is log again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfflfl1jizmhhcu/KSP.log?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

how about Jernas Turret?

I see Spanner gave you the long explanation, the first explanation given to me (when I asked the exact same questions) was "It's magic" :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

i wonder if a single turret can hold two guns with a different calibers, like tank's coaxial machine gun etc

As far as I know, you cannot. Another question I asked when I first joined the testing team for Spanner and BDAc.

I do not remember the exact answer.... it's a limitation of Unity? or the Game itself? not 100% sure... just sure you can't do it :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

All turrets without exception are this way, there's no difference in connections   between a turret and a cargo bay door,  when attaching to any moving part of an animation,  despite appearances you are connecting to the base parent node.  Missile turrets are actually  good demonstrator of the issue,  find a missile turret that actually has a deploy  that can be triggered in sph, connect missiles and select deploy, you'll see that the turret moves and the missiles stay fixed in place.  A missile turret doesn't know it is a turret until it loads in the flight scene.  and for that matter neither do the gun turrets.

To get anywhere near what you want (  btw this has been discussed , and tried a million ways by most weapon modders, we know it doesn't work)  IS to use a generic turret model a reaction wheel and an IR docking washer or rotatron and then you can do things like this . (very old gif)


 

KSP's inability to properly attach parts to movable parts does put a crimp in some design ideas, like mounting non-vectoring engines onto control surfaces to make them have 1 axis vectoring thrust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, xiones11 said:

Getting bullet impacts 1/4 of the time and no tracers? Just dropped new update into game. 

Couple questions .......

If updating from BDAc v1.1 - Did you remove all the BDAc parts from any craft that had BDAc parts attached to them before updating? ... Thread OP covers this issue

Did you overwrite BDArmory or did you delete and then reinstall? ... Thread OP covers this issue

KSP.log?

KSP version?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, xiones11 said:

Getting bullet impacts 1/4 of the time and no tracers? Just dropped new update into game. 

Textures need to be changed to full res.

Am I the only one who is willing to scroll through most of the thread to find an answer before posting the same question???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,  I was just wondering how the calculations for the Radar Signiture are done when two types of ecm are used, I know in thw wiki on GhitHub it uses the base rcs value when calculating the new signitures and things, but I have a cockpit like the mk22 that reduces the rcs, how would that effet things like detction and being locking on to.

Thanks

 

Edit: no worries I worked it out :)

Edited by Adz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of radar and RCS, is there somewhere that fully explains the mechanics of the interactions between radar and RCS here?

Is the RCS seen by the radar calculated in real-time while in game? I.e., does what the radar see change based on the orientation of the craft it is attempting to detect (as front-facing shows minimal RCS, but a side or top view will be massive)?

What are the requisite parameters for the AI to fire radar missiles (e.g., AMRAAM)? They tend to be able to fire on targets beyond the lock distance displayed in the editor RCS tool.

Edited by Box of Stardust
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Masoneus said:

Textures need to be changed to full res.

Am I the only one who is willing to scroll through most of the thread to find an answer before posting the same question???

I'm use to Skyrim mod culture where common issues are addressed in the main post and you can ask a question without posting a full system debug log. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xiones11 said:

I'm use to Skyrim mod culture where common issues are addressed in the main post and you can ask a question without posting a full system debug log. 

They must use awesome crystal balls then, as how do they know what YOU have done, or how dirty or messed up your install is?  KSP and unity is a very different environment than Skyrim and the creation engine, and install errors and tampering are the normal fare , and reason a log is required.

Guessing what your problem is , wastes the devs time and yours , one log 30 seconds to zip and upload , chance of almost instant fix , very high,   repeated posts and suggestions as to how to fix your problem , chance of an instant fix (unless you goofed the install)  minimal.

A full system log is not required, the simple KSP .log produced by the game every run, crash or no crash , will tell most experienced KSP mod users what's up, never mind the mod devs themselves.  The KSP.Log is the basic fault finding tool for ALL ksp mods , get used to being asked for it , if you want to use mods that is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...