[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: Dyna-Soar & SIV Space Station

silentvelcro

ZHcT7kr.jpg

Ver 1.4
Dyna-Soar & SIV Space Station mk2.
Now with an updated IVA using the latest ASET Props & Avionics

You can now choose between 3 variants of the Dyna-Soar with new parts. Choose between a fuel tank, a cargo bay or a passenger cabin.
S-IV Space Station has been completely re-modeled and re-textured. Also added new deployable solar panels. See screenshots below.
Use the TITAN II from the Gusmobile Mod to launch the Dyna-Soar.

Now supports RealPlume, Engine Lighting and TAC Life Support. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.
Also supports RealChute, kOS and Telemachus.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies.
Module Manager, TexturesUnlimited (for reflections and solar panels), RasterPropMonitor (for functional interior), KSPWheel (For the landing skids. It is absolutely needed for the landing skids to work.) and Alexustas' ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1.

INSTALLATION
Be careful, this mod comes bundled with the latest version of ASET Props (1.5) & ASET Avionics (2.1). Delete these mods if you have older versions before installing this mod.
Unzip and merge with your GameData folder.
Be careful the folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD
http://spacedock.info/mod/1164/Dyna-Soar %26 SIV Space Station. LonesomeRobots Aerospace.

Licensing.
This mod is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

Redistributed with this mod.
RasterPropMonitor created by Mihara & MOARdV. Redistributed as per license.
TexturesUnlimited created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
KSPWheel created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
ModuleManager created by Sarbian. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props & ASET Avionics created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.1.

changes in this version

• Reflections are now handled by the awesome TexturesUnlimited mod. Texture Replacer is now deprecated.
  • Solar panels use the TexturesUnlimited Solar Shader.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ver 1.3

You can now choose between 3 variants of the Dyna-Soar with new parts. Choose between a fuel tank, a cargo bay or a passenger cabin.
S-IV Space Station has been completely re-modeled and re-textured. Also added new deployable solar panels. See screenshots below.

Now supports RealPlume, Engine Lighting and TAC Life Support. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.

Module Manager, TextureReplacer (for reflections), RasterPropMonitor (for functional interior), KSPWheel (For the landing skids. It is absolutely needed for the landing skids to work.) and Alexustas' ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0.

INSTALLATION
Be careful the folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD
http://spacedock.info/mod/1164/Dyna-Soar %26 SIV Space Station. LonesomeRobots Aerospace.

Licensing.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

TextureReplacer created by ducakar. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.1.

changes in this version

• Changed ModuleRCS to ModuleRCSFX for all parts with RCS thrusters. Now when firing RCS produces sound.
  • Landing skids now produce sound while retracting/extending.
  • Changed TACLifeSupport configs. Now Dynasoar has resources to support 1 kerbal for 3 to 8 days or 2 kerbals for 4 days. SIV Space Station supports 3 kerbals for 149 days.
  • Added TWR indicator and Life Support gauges to the IVA. Flight computer now switches between HI and LO modes so you can view AP or PE above 999km.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ver 1.2

Now supports RealPlume and Engine Lighting. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.

Module Manager, TextureReplacer (for reflections), RasterPropMonitor (for functional interior), KSPWheel (For the landing skids. It is absolutely needed for the landing skids to work.) and Alexustas' ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics 2.0.

INSTALLATION

DOWNLOAD

Licensing.

ASET Props 1.4 & ASET Avionics created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.0.

Ver 1.1

Now supports RealPlume and Engine Lighting. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.

Module Manager, TextureReplacer (for reflections), RasterPropMonitor (for functional interior) and KSPWheel (For the landing skids. It is absolutely needed for the landing skids to work.).

Important! You should completely delete all LonesomeRobots mods and re-install all the latest versions from scratch. (Gusmobile has been updated too.)
Also don't forget that the GameData/LonesomeRobots folder must be merged and not replace the existing LonesomeRobots folder as you install the mods one by one.
This way all the IVA's will work correctly and reference the same and correct props for all the mods, reducing clutter and conflicts. You can read the reason for this below.

ASET Props and FlightSystemsRedux are no longer bundled with the release. Only the relevant props from these 2 mods are moved inside the "props" folder of the HOYO mod.
I had to do this since ASET Props have been updated, but for some reason the game crashes instantly when i try to use them. I contacted alexustas and he tried to sort it but
it is kind of a freak case that applies to some OSX installations and he cannot help.
So in order to keep the IVA fully working for people that have updated to the new ASET Props i moved all the relevant files inside the mod file structure. This way the IVA will work
whatever version of ASET Props you have and even if you don't have it at all. I also have to state that i do not claim i made any of the props used in this mod. Credit goes solely to alexustas and MOARdV.

DOWNLOAD

Licensing.

Ver 1.0

The X-20 Dyna-Soar ("Dynamic Soarer") is a Kerbal States Air Force (KSAF) program that developed a spaceplane that could be used for a variety of missions.
Features parts to also build a KSAF SIV Space Station for you to rendezvous and dock with your DynaSoar.

Supports RealChute, kOS and Telemachus.
The mod comes bundled with all the dependencies.
KSPWheel mod by Shadowmage redistributed as per license, is absolutely needed for the landing skids to work.

DOWNLOAD

Note: I had to modify some of the props from ASET Props and MOARdV FlightSystemsRedux in order for them to work correctly with the latest versions of KSP and RasterPropMonitor.
I duplicated and added them inside the DynaSoar props folder so as to not tamper with the original props.
When ASET and MOARdV updates will be released i will also update the mod and remove the duplicate props.
If you have the LonesomeRobots HOYO mod installed overwrite the files when you are asked.

*This is my second parts mod, there might be bugs. If you report a bug please be patient as it takes a few days for me to have time to tackle the issue.*
*Also if you have any solutions or tweaks and you want to help i will be happy including yours on the next update and attributing you for your help*

Licensing.

ASET Props created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.
FlightSystemsRedux created by MOARdV. Redistributed as per license.

Still to come from LonesomeRobots Aerospace: HOYO Lander. MAVR Heavy Interplanetary Spacecraft.
Also check out HOYO CSM.

Screenshots

MDNl2CS.jpg

2cVcSkA.jpg

gnO93jI.jpg

UVezHZK.jpg

Edited by silentvelcro
Update

@silentvelcro I have a mod on the way that uses X-20 and I noticed something about your model. The windows are at an incorrect angle, which is a mistake I made at first. When you look at the infographics the shallow angled line is actually a jetisonable heatsheild that covers the first three windows during flight until after reentry. 

If you dont know what I mean, I can send you pictures and even a model of the cockpit for you to look at if you'd like.

Hello @Sgt.Shutesie. I know about what you mention. The windows are a little different, but it was the best i could do at the moment and i was happy with the results. I know about the heatshield and i implemented it at the beginning but it really did not made any difference in KSP and also blocked the great view from the IVA so i discarded it. Is your mod also a DynaSoar? I am interested in the cockpit model you mention, maybe i can incorporate it on a future update. Also if you need any help with your X-20 let me know. Cheers.

Edited by silentvelcro

Hello @DiscoSlelge thank you for your kind words. I thought that the SIV stage of the Saturn1A should be far weaker than the S-IVB of the Saturn1B, so i went for that.
I use the first stage  of the FASA Saturn1B and always launch with my kOS script. That way the fuel in the SIV is just enough for a low kerbin orbit. I have mine on a circular 136km orbit and replicated that many times.

If you need any help, let me know.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@silentvelcro I try to launch the X-20 with FASA's Titan Boosters+MechJeb2,when the rocket reach the 1000m ,the rocket start shaking and fly with different direction and it broken into few part finally,Also I can't set any target with these setup.(PS:I tried with every FASA Part and everything back to normal,even I launch the SIV Station and it still launch successful)

Hello @MonanMuller i can't say i know what causes this, i suspect it is MechJeb, i never used or tested any of my mods with MechJeb. (I prefer writing my own launch scripts with kOS)
I also launched with FASA TITAN boosters in the past, until i made my own TITAN for my Gusmobile mod, without any problems.
Now i might be completely wrong, but since you launched the SIV Space station without any problem, the aerodynamics and placement of the X-20 probably don't agree with Mechjeb.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello @Setvax23. I think you updated to the new ASET Props/Avionics. I haven't been able to install them on my system in order to update the IVA's with them. It causes an instant crash of the game, i know others have the same issue with me. I shared lots of crash logs with alexustas but he was unable to find any fix. I will soon update all my mods with their props embedded in them so we can avoid this problem...

Edited by silentvelcro

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long list, not sure how to attach pictures  

lbsi rocket factory

airplaneplus

asset

aset_props

B9_aerospace_procedural wings

b9partswitch

better timewarp

coatl aerospace

community resource pack

CTN

dmagic orbital science

dmagic science animate

dm module science animate generic – master

firespitter

JSI

JX2 antenna

KAX

kerbal reusability expansion

kspwheel

kw rocketry redux

lonesomerobots

mechjeb2

moardv

modular rocket systems LTE

mp_nazari

near future construction, near future props, near future solar, near future spacecraft

nebula

pebkac

procedural fairings

procedural parts

quickmods

real chute

real plume

realplume-stock

scansat

SDHI

Smokescreen

spacey expanded, spacey lifters

SSTU, SSTU parts expansion

surface lites

texture replacer

TRAILSplus

tweak scale

universal storage

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @NISSKEPCSIM. From what i could find on the web it was proposed as a military reconnaissance space station but the project never came to life. The idead was a design for a “wet lab” space station to be launched by a Saturn I. This station would be a prepackaged unit not unlike the Manned Orbiting Laboratory, but permanently fixed to the front of the Saturn I’s S-IV second stage. The Dyna-Soar was to be used as a shuttle servicing the station. I also almost completed an update which i will release shortly, i retextured everything to make it look more interesting and since this project never came to life i took some liberties on the look. The update will also feature a selection of fuel tank, cargo bay or passenger cabin for the X-20.

ypLqwyv.jpg

Ahh, right. The first time I searched all I got was the MOL. Now I've found an obscure article, one paragraph long, on Astronautix, named Hope Station. Is this the one?

EDIT:

Does the S-4 stage actually work as a wet workshop? If not, @Angel-125 has some code for wet workshops in his MOLE mod.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

20 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Ahh, right. The first time I searched all I got was the MOL. Now I've found an obscure article, one paragraph long, on Astronautix, named Hope Station. Is this the one?

EDIT:

Does the S-4 stage actually work as a wet workshop? If not, @Angel-125 has some code for wet workshops in his MOLE mod.

Yeah, that came up on my search also. I collected bits and pieces like that from various really obscure articles and some really low-res pictures from aerospace projects review blog.
The S4 stage serves only as a fuel tank, but i will look into your suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.