[1.4.3] PicoPort, the Micro Docking Ports - v0.1.4

steedcrugeon

PicoPort is a small parts mod pack which contains a set of very small Docking Ports intended for use with tiny probes.

5ol2kF7.png

EXxByBQ.png

Presently, this mod comprises four parts:

FYWre7n.png

Coupling:

1.    PicoPortBasic - This is an orientation specific, ungendered docking port. It will mate with other PicoPortBasics in only 4 positons (90 degree rotations). This is useful if you wish to use balanced RCS from porbes connecting to the mother vessel.
2.    PicoPortPlus - This is an ungendered docking port, similar to Clamp-o-Tron.
3.    PicoPortM -This is a Male PicoPort, non-orientation specific and will only dock with the femal counterpart.
4.    PicoPortF - This is a Female PicoPort, non-orientation specific and will only dock with the male counterpart.

DOWNLOAD:

Primary: Github

Secondary: SpaceDock

download and copy the SHED folder directly into the your KSP GameData folder.

Licensing: 

The contents of this mod are distributed a CC-BY-NC-SA International License (please refer to the license file on github for further details).

Highly Recommended Supporting Mods:

PicoPort is a stand-alone parts mod and does not have any other mod dependencies, that said, it has been designed around the utilisation of supporting mods and it is highly recommended that you add them to your collection (they are very useful in their own right).

I must say thank you to @DStaal for setting me off down the path of this pack, its been a good learning experience (basically blame him). Also thanks to him and @linuxgurugamer for helping with testing and development ideas. 

Change Log: 

Spoiler

erison 0.1.4

Fixes:

- Released for KSP 1.4.3
- Revised Folder Structure

New:

- Additional Language translations courtesy of Fitiales, LeLeon & cake-pie

v.0.1.3

Updates:
  Made compatible for KSP 1.3 Localization
  - Added New 'Normal' Textures

Fixes:
  - Agency/Agencies issues corrected

v.0.1.2 - Beta Release

Re-organised file structure, adopted common texture for all models. added the PicoPortM and PicoPortF parts.

v.0.1.1 - Alpha release

Early test versions of PicoPortBasic and PicoPortPlus.

Feedback and suggestion:

Always welcome, if you have any ideas which you might like to see implemented let me know and i'll see what can be done!

Localisation now supported!

Any translations would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by steedcrugeon
Update for KSP 1.4.3 (re-packaging)

55 minutes ago, KerbalMan23 said:

Seems very useful for tiny probe stations or to transport tiny probes to other planets! Very nice.

That was basically the reasoning behind my original request for a smaller docking port: To have a probe that I could deploy, break into two, recombine, and then retrieve.  :wink: 

Glad to see it's out!

I'm trying to make re-sizes of the gendered and orientation specific docking ports in the other three docking port size, but can't seem to get the attachment node's size to match the ones on the larger docking ports. Can anyone offer any insight?

This is an example of what I have tried so far:

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @name = dockingPort3Basic
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @TechRequired = miniaturization
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Jr. 'Basic'
    @description = Originally marketed as a child-size version of the normal Clamp-O-Tron, the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. soon found use among hobbyists and professional space agencies alike for its compact profile, lightweight structure, and all-round cuteness. As a result of its small size, kerbals need to hold their breath and wiggle to slip through. [Orientation specific (90), androgynous]
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 0
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
    {
        @nodeType = size0
    }
}

4 hours ago, Errol said:

I'm trying to make re-sizes of the gendered and orientation specific docking ports in the other three docking port size, but can't seem to get the attachment node's size to match the ones on the larger docking ports. Can anyone offer any insight?

The PicoPort uses the Size0 as it's attachment node size (it is the smallest the game supports. Have you tried a Size1 to see if that changes the attachment node size?

14 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:
4 hours ago, Errol said:

The PicoPort uses the Size0 as it's attachment node size (it is the smallest the game supports. Have you tried a Size1 to see if that changes the attachment node size?

or just use TweakScale

I did try a set of ports size1 as well, I thought that maybe size0 came after "sizePPg", but that also produced ports with small nodes.

I don't like tweakscale for balance reasons, I want to research and pay entry costs on every part I use. 

EDIT: Adding these lines from a regular docking port's .cfg seems to help, but I'm not sure. I don't know enough about what these do, or what I'm seeing in the VAB to be able to understand what is going on;

@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
    @node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

Ping; @linuxgurugamer @steedcrugeon

Edited by Errol

55 minutes ago, Errol said:

I did try a set of ports size1 as well, I thought that maybe size0 came after "sizePPg", but that also produced ports with small nodes.

I don't like tweakscale for balance reasons, I want to research and pay entry costs on every part I use. 

EDIT: Adding these lines from a regular docking port's .cfg seems to help, but I'm not sure. I don't know enough about what these do, or what I'm seeing in the VAB to be able to understand what is going on;

Ping; @linuxgurugamer @steedcrugeon

From the KSP Wiki:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation#Node_Definitions

Relevant:

The last value indicates the visual size of an attachment node. Values may be either 0 (small half-meter node), 1 (normal), or 2 (large). This parameter is optional and will default to 1 if nothing is specified.

The node_attach should make no difference to the visible node in the VAB, setting the node_stack_bottom to end in 1 would change the VAB visible node to size1. it may also be worth adding this line:

@bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf

to your MM patch, changing whatever the size'X' part to the relevant size you desire.

Avoid changing the 'size' for the ModuleDockingNode as that is not actually a size parameter, its just a label and changing this will upset how the ModuleDockingNode works.

I tried "@bulkheadProfiles = size2, srf" and still got all of them to come out with small nodes. Here's the full patch I have so far:

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPort3M
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Jr. 'M'
    @description = Originally marketed as a child-size version of the normal Clamp-O-Tron, the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. soon found use among hobbyists and professional space agencies alike for its compact profile, lightweight structure, and all-round cuteness. As a result of its small size, kerbals need to hold their breath and wiggle to slip through. [Non Orientation specific, male-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPort3F
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Jr. 'F'
    @description = Originally marketed as a child-size version of the normal Clamp-O-Tron, the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. soon found use among hobbyists and professional space agencies alike for its compact profile, lightweight structure, and all-round cuteness. As a result of its small size, kerbals need to hold their breath and wiggle to slip through. [Non Orientation specific, female-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @description = Originally marketed as a child-size version of the normal Clamp-O-Tron, the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. soon found use among hobbyists and professional space agencies alike for its compact profile, lightweight structure, and all-round cuteness. As a result of its small size, kerbals need to hold their breath and wiggle to slip through. [Orientation specific (90), androgynous]
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
}

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPort2M
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @TechRequired = specializedConstruction
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port 'M'
    @description = Invented after a peaceful protest against the lack of spacecraft attachment systems turned violent, the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port allows for the firm attachment of two separate vessels. After docking, vessels can be just as easily undocked. [Non Orientation specific, male-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @bulkheadProfiles = size2, srf
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPort2F
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port 'F'
    @description = Invented after a peaceful protest against the lack of spacecraft attachment systems turned violent, the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port allows for the firm attachment of two separate vessels. After docking, vessels can be just as easily undocked. [Non Orientation specific, female-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @name = dockingPort2Basic
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port 'Basic'
    @description = Invented after a peaceful protest against the lack of spacecraft attachment systems turned violent, the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port allows for the firm attachment of two separate vessels. After docking, vessels can be just as easily undocked. [Orientation specific (90), androgynous]
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
}

Edit: Something else I have been wondering about is why is the node_stack_top line commented out for all the pico ports?

Edited by Errol

18 minutes ago, Errol said:

Edit: Something else I have been wondering about is why is the node_stack_top line commented out for all the pico ports?

PicoPorts does not use the stock "node_stack_top" instead it uses the NODE { } to specify a very specific transform in the model.

I haven't made full parts using MM before but try this and see how you get on:

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPort3M
    @rescaleFactor = 2
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.06, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @description = Originally marketed as a child-size version of the normal Clamp-O-Tron, the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. soon found use among hobbyists and professional space agencies alike for its compact profile, lightweight structure, and all-round cuteness. As a result of its small size, kerbals need to hold their breath and wiggle to slip through. [Non Orientation specific, male-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
	@NODE
	{
		@name = top
		@transform = dockPoint
		@size = 1
		@method = FIXED_JOINT
	}
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPort3F
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @description = Originally marketed as a child-size version of the normal Clamp-O-Tron, the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. soon found use among hobbyists and professional space agencies alike for its compact profile, lightweight structure, and all-round cuteness. As a result of its small size, kerbals need to hold their breath and wiggle to slip through. [Non Orientation specific, female-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
	@NODE
	{
		@name = top
		@transform = dockPoint
		@size = 1
		@method = FIXED_JOINT
	}
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
	@NODE
	{
		@name = top
		@transform = dockPoint
		@size = 1
		@method = FIXED_JOINT
	}
}

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPort2M
    @rescaleFactor = 4
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.12, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @description = Invented after a peaceful protest against the lack of spacecraft attachment systems turned violent, the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port allows for the firm attachment of two separate vessels. After docking, vessels can be just as easily undocked. [Non Orientation specific, male-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
	@NODE
	{
		@name = top
		@transform = dockPoint
		@size = 2
		@method = FIXED_JOINT
	}
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPort2F
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @description = Invented after a peaceful protest against the lack of spacecraft attachment systems turned violent, the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port allows for the firm attachment of two separate vessels. After docking, vessels can be just as easily undocked. [Non Orientation specific, female-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
	@NODE
	{
		@name = top
		@transform = dockPoint
		@size = 2
		@method = FIXED_JOINT
	}
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @description = Invented after a peaceful protest against the lack of spacecraft attachment systems turned violent, the Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port allows for the firm attachment of two separate vessels. After docking, vessels can be just as easily undocked. [Orientation specific (90), androgynous]
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
	@NODE
	{
		@name = top
		@transform = dockPoint
		@size = 2
		@method = FIXED_JOINT
	}
}

Ok, thanks. I was reading around and coming to pretty much the same point as what you posted there. About to test it now. The only thing I will say about what you wrote there is that I don't think you need to include these lines in the patch:

@name = top
		@transform = dockPoint

@method = FIXED_JOINT

Because they are the same as the lines from the part we are copying with the +PART[something] line. 

EDIT: @steedcrugeon In the patch bellow I used 

-node_attach

for the Sr. docking ports, because the stock docking ports don't have that line at all. This would reset it to defaults, right? I read the wiki page linked above by another users, but it doesn't actually say the purpose of node_attach. Anyway, when I get a chance to test these in flight and compare them to the stock Sr. port I'll see what's what.

Edited by Errol

Alright, here's the final MM patch I've made. It is balanced against the stock docking ports. I assume that the gendered and basic pico ports are really high tech to be included in the same node as the jr. docking ports, rather then low tech....even though I may not agree with this balance decision (consider this my vote that gendered and basic pico ports move down in the tech tree, though I can live with it, since miniaturizing things is usually exponentially more difficult). Anyway, I've balanced these ports (which are all either gendered or basic) all to unlock one tech before their stock counter parts. They are also a little bit cheaper on entry cost and cost, though they have mass and drag similar to their stock counter parts. The Sr. ports also do not surface attach, just like the stock ones. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR END USERS (copy and paste in notepad and save as something.cfg somewhere in your gamedata folder):

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPort3M
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @TechRequired = basicScience
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 0
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPort3F
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 0
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 0
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPort2M
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @TechRequired = advConstruction
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 1
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPort2F
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 1
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 1
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPortLargeM
    @rescaleFactor = 8
    @TechRequired = composites
    @entryCost = 10000
    @cost = 750
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. 'M'
    @description = The Clamp-O-Tron Sr. is the result of intense and costly development to answer the problem of how to make docking connections more sturdy. Thanks to the brilliant suggestion of the staff janitor "why don't you make 'em bigger?", the public now can enjoy the sheer thrill of docking enormous objects in space. [Non Orientation specific, male-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.2
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
    -node_attach
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 2
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPortLargeF
    @rescaleFactor = 8
    @entryCost = 10000
    @cost = 750
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. 'F'
    @description = The Clamp-O-Tron Sr. is the result of intense and costly development to answer the problem of how to make docking connections more sturdy. Thanks to the brilliant suggestion of the staff janitor "why don't you make 'em bigger?", the public now can enjoy the sheer thrill of docking enormous objects in space. [Non Orientation specific, female-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.2
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    -node_attach
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 2
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @name = dockingPortLargeBasic
    @rescaleFactor = 8
    @entryCost = 10000
    @cost = 750
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. 'Basic'
    @description = The Clamp-O-Tron Sr. is the result of intense and costly development to answer the problem of how to make docking connections more sturdy. Thanks to the brilliant suggestion of the staff janitor "why don't you make 'em bigger?", the public now can enjoy the sheer thrill of docking enormous objects in space. [Orientation specific (90), androgynous]
    @mass = 0.2
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    -node_attach
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 2
    }
}

You can of course snip the parts that you are not interested in. Say, if you were only interested in the orientation specific docking ports. Also, I have not yet tested all of these in flight. I've been at it for a while (just learning MM with little projects like these, I've got a mini and large version of the air brakes from a while ago that I brought up to date with current MM syntax as well). Anyway, it's time for me to get ready for work, so I wont be able to test these today, unfortunately. 

Pic for clicks:

nf4C1FW.png

Edited by Errol

32 minutes ago, Errol said:

Alright, here's the final MM patch I've made. It is balanced against the stock docking ports. I assume that the gendered and basic pico ports are really high tech to be included in the same node as the jr. docking ports, rather then low tech....even though I may not agree with this balance decision (consider this my vote that gendered and basic pico ports move down in the tech tree, though I can live with it, since miniaturizing things is usually exponentially more difficult). Anyway, I've balanced these ports (which are all either gendered or basic) all to unlock one tech before their stock counter parts. They are also a little bit cheaper on entry cost and cost, though they have mass and drag similar to their stock counter parts. The Sr. ports also do not surface attach, just like the stock ones. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR END USERS (copy and paste in notepad and save as something.cfg somewhere in your gamedata folder):

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPort3M
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 0
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPort3F
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 0
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @rescaleFactor = 2
    @entryCost = 6800
    @cost = 650
    @mass = 0.02
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 0
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPort2M
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 1
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPort2F
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 1
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @rescaleFactor = 4
    @entryCost = 5000
    @cost = 200
    @mass = 0.05
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 1
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortM]
{
    @name = dockingPortLargeM
    @rescaleFactor = 8
    @entryCost = 10000
    @cost = 750
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. 'M'
    @description = The Clamp-O-Tron Sr. is the result of intense and costly development to answer the problem of how to make docking connections more sturdy. Thanks to the brilliant suggestion of the staff janitor "why don't you make 'em bigger?", the public now can enjoy the sheer thrill of docking enormous objects in space. [Non Orientation specific, male-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.2
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    -node_attach
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 2
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortF]
{
    @name = dockingPortLargeF
    @rescaleFactor = 8
    @entryCost = 10000
    @cost = 750
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. 'F'
    @description = The Clamp-O-Tron Sr. is the result of intense and costly development to answer the problem of how to make docking connections more sturdy. Thanks to the brilliant suggestion of the staff janitor "why don't you make 'em bigger?", the public now can enjoy the sheer thrill of docking enormous objects in space. [Non Orientation specific, female-gendered variant]
    @mass = 0.2
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    -node_attach
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 2
    }
}

+PART[PicoPortBasic]
{
    @name = dockingPortLargeBasic
    @rescaleFactor = 8
    @entryCost = 10000
    @cost = 750
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. 'Basic'
    @description = The Clamp-O-Tron Sr. is the result of intense and costly development to answer the problem of how to make docking connections more sturdy. Thanks to the brilliant suggestion of the staff janitor "why don't you make 'em bigger?", the public now can enjoy the sheer thrill of docking enormous objects in space. [Orientation specific (90), androgynous]
    @mass = 0.2
    @maximum_drag = 0.25
    @minimum_drag = 0.25
    @angularDrag = 0.5
    -node_attach
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    @NODE
    {
        @size = 2
    }
}

You can of course snip the parts that you are not interested in. Say, if you were only interested in the orientation specific docking ports. Also, I have not yet tested all of these in flight. I've been at it for a while (just learning MM with little projects like these, I've got a mini and large version of the air brakes from a while ago that I brought up to date with current MM syntax as well). Anyway, it's time for me to get ready for work, so I wont be able to test these today, unfortunately. 

Pic for clicks:

nf4C1FW.png

@steedcrugeon Amazing how such a small part is taking on a life of it's own.

33 minutes ago, Errol said:

Anyway, I've balanced these ports (which are all either gendered or basic) all to unlock one tech before their stock counter parts. They are also a little bit cheaper on entry cost and cost, though they have mass and drag similar to their stock counter parts. The Sr. ports also do not surface attach, just like the stock ones. 

@Errol I don't understand why you are having them unlock one tech earlier, but I think you did a great job.   Will leave it up to @steedcrugeon as to whether to include this, make it optional, or possibly have it as a separate patch file which can be installed separately.

@steedcrugeon if you want # 3, let me know, I can package it up so CKAN will install it properly.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@steedcrugeon Amazing how such a small part is taking on a life of it's own.

@steedcrugeon if you want # 3, let me know, I can package it up so CKAN will install it properly.

I does seem to have grown legs but i am glad it is of use!

If you would package for CKAN I would be grateful. I don't use it but i know a lot of players do. Is PicoPort on CKAN at the minute?

15 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

I does seem to have grown legs but i am glad it is of use!

If you would package for CKAN I would be grateful. I don't use it but i know a lot of players do. Is PicoPort on CKAN at the minute?

Not yet, I'll add it and this later this evening