[1.4.3]Automated Aerial Refueling System[V0.4.3] [2018-06-10]

Icecovery

love the mod makes refueling in flight easier. May I suggest adding a boom with  drogue that way my aircraft with probes can use them to since. Also is it possible to make a smaller pod so people could engage in buddy tanking with a smaller aircraft acting as the tanker.mv-22-flight-test-refueling.jpg

On 4/23/2017 at 5:30 PM, jh9151 said:

love the mod makes refueling in flight easier. May I suggest adding a boom with  drogue that way my aircraft with probes can use them to since. Also is it possible to make a smaller pod so people could engage in buddy tanking with a smaller aircraft acting as the tanker.mv-22-flight-test-refueling.jpg

You apparently didn't read the post directly above yours very well.

Edited by SpaceToad

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

Also, any chances we can get conformal fuel tanks like this?

Problem is - conformal to what? When you have a fuel tank conform to something you already know the shape that its fitting onto. You can't assume anything with KSP's ability to build all kinds of shapes. At best, you're asking for long narrow fuel tanks you can clip into the aircraft as you please

3 hours ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

Love the mod, especially the drop tanks, it really improved drag issues in my plane. Also, any chances we can get conformal fuel tanks like this?

aau.jpg?m=1371919114

Thanks for your support!:sticktongue:

And, I don‘t think conformal tank is necessary. Supporting different shapes and length tanks will be complicated and cumbersome.
You can use stock tanks to construct conformal tanks.:D

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Problem is - conformal to what? When you have a fuel tank conform to something you already know the shape that its fitting onto. You can't assume anything with KSP's ability to build all kinds of shapes. At best, you're asking for long narrow fuel tanks you can clip into the aircraft as you please

Was thinking it would be shaped like how procedural wings work, but regardless I understand it wouldn't be possible.

• 1 month later...

Quick question: the AARS Fuel Port Type A/B, for those to function properly, do they have to be attached at the very surface (i.e.: where they attach when you initially install them) or will they work if you recess them, up to a certain point?

Cool mod! Glad I found it! 

Cheers, 
CM

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/7/25 at 4:40 AM, Calvin_Maclure said:

Quick question: the AARS Fuel Port Type A/B, for those to function properly, do they have to be attached at the very surface (i.e.: where they attach when you initially install them) or will they work if you recess them, up to a certain point?

Cool mod! Glad I found it! 

Cheers, 
CM

No need.

Actually, we use two triggers to check whether two vessels are docking, one is on the top of the boom, one is in the hole of the fuel port. When two triggers are in contact, the program will judge they are docked.

But it's still working although the fuel port is under the surface. Because that's no collider on the top of the boom, the trigger on the boom still can be contacted with the trigger on the fuel port.

Sorry for I reacted so late, because I'm actually not actively working on AARS anymore, :( so please understand me.

Cheers!:D

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Oooh, fancy mod that perfectly suits my needs.

Has anyone tested this with Atmospheric Autopilot yet?

I didn't test this with Atmospheric Autopilot, but in theory, it's possible to use. Just make sure you turn off autopilot after you click the "Active" button.:D

I did notice an odd situation with this mod. When the plane is on the tarmac and you toggle the refueling probe, when it recesses back the plane unexpectedly and suddenly jumps off the ground. I can attest, as I have tested this, that this situation really only occurs when toggling the refueling probe to retract again. 

KSP version 1.2.2

CM

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

I did notice an odd situation with this mod. When the plane is on the tarmac and you toggle the refueling probe, when it recesses back the plane unexpectedly and suddenly jumps off the ground. I can attest, as I have tested this, that this situation really only occurs when toggling the refueling probe to retract again. 

KSP version 1.2.2

CM

I'm sorry because our team can not reproduce the situation you said.:confused:

If possible, please give me some screenshots or GIF or video about this situation so that we can find and fix this bug (if it is a bug), Thank you!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Love the mod, especially the drop tanks, it really improved drag issues in my plane. Also, any chances we can get conformal fuel tanks like this?

aau.jpg?m=1371919114

You can use firespitter oblong fuel tanks to make conformal fuel tanks, like this:

91Eata7.png

or this:

8FCwekV.png

Edited by AirShark
wrong quote

On 2017/9/1 at 9:54 PM, Sgt Doomball said:

There seems to be a problem with the a 10 refuel port. It does not attach to the point on the cockpit it is just a surface attachment.

Try click the front of the part to attach(The node is invisible), sorry for I reacted so late:confused:

Edited by Icecovery

Hello Guys.

I just love the refuel abillity in KSP. It realy makes Flying purposefull and verry fun to do.

But the succes I have had in 1.2.2 with refueling seem to just not work at all in 1.3.

When i have a plane set up to fly close to the tanker and the boom or droge is deployed, aswell as my other plane its fuel port and the tanker is set up as a target i switch my probe to active,

and the plane starts to go towards the droge or boom, but it seems to not be able to connect to it. 

also with the boom the plane stays under the boom aporx 3/5 meters.

when i use the probe it will connect after a long and painfull struggle to get to the probe ( verry slow speed differance) it will touch it and deactivate again.

I can't figure out what is wrong.

On 2017/9/14 at 9:39 PM, battlemaster1994 said:

Hello Guys.

I just love the refuel abillity in KSP. It realy makes Flying purposefull and verry fun to do.

But the succes I have had in 1.2.2 with refueling seem to just not work at all in 1.3.

When i have a plane set up to fly close to the tanker and the boom or droge is deployed, aswell as my other plane its fuel port and the tanker is set up as a target i switch my probe to active,

and the plane starts to go towards the droge or boom, but it seems to not be able to connect to it. 

also with the boom the plane stays under the boom aporx 3/5 meters.

when i use the probe it will connect after a long and painfull struggle to get to the probe ( verry slow speed differance) it will touch it and deactivate again.

I can't figure out what is wrong.

Our team cannot reappear this problem.:(

Did you turn off the autopilot when you switch your probe to active?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...