[1.4.3]Automated Aerial Refueling System[V0.4.3] [2018-06-10]

Icecovery

Spoiler

F22 혹은 x47B 를 만들기좋겠군요.

Moderator edit: " I would like to make F22 or x47B. " Please include an english version of your text in your posts outside the international forum.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

3 hours ago, SIBYL said:

Reveal hidden contents

F22 혹은 x47B 를 만들기좋겠군요.

Moderator edit: " I would like to make F22 or x47B. " Please include an english version of your text in your posts outside the international forum.

Inspiration?..... I did these back in 1.0.5 so obviously they won't work in 1.2.2 but.... Here is some design material just the same.

Google translation:

영감? ..... 나는 1.0.5에서이 작업을 수행 했으므로 분명히 1.2.2에서 작동하지 않을 것이지만 .... 여기에는 동일한 디자인 재질이 있습니다.

Edited by V8jester

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017. 1. 26. at 10:47 AM, V8jester said:

영감? ..... 나는 1.0.5에서 작동을 깨우쳐 .... 이제는 똑같은 디자인 이죠.

Google 번역 :

어바이어

You will be able to make KAI T-50

Edited by SIBYL

• 3 weeks later...

First post on a 4 year old account and it has to be negative. I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. Maybe the "Then,Set the aerial refueling aircraft as the target." step? Perhaps my autopilot is interfering? I just don't know.

Here's a video of me attempting to use it.

Despite my issues this is really cool and up my alley in what I do in KSP.

And man I wanna get my hands on that Mk.2 tank.

7 hours ago, CovetedSeraph said:

First post on a 4 year old account and it has to be negative. I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. Maybe the "Then,Set the aerial refueling aircraft as the target." step? Perhaps my autopilot is interfering? I just don't know.

On fuel port u have to right click and press active, when near the refueling plane. Not the fuel boom... :)

9 hours ago, CovetedSeraph said:

You didn't set the aerial refueling aircraft as the target, and didn‘t turn off autopilot, that's why it's not working. :D

In addition, when I finish Mk1 fuel port, I will update a version, that will include Mk2 fuel port.

• 1 month later...
On 2017/4/4 at 11:21 PM, Pliuple said:

Love the mod, works like charm :D

sGbMWGM.png

JU1TLx6.png

f8sGeZd.png

x2Dz86P.png

Cant wait for the update

Thanks for your support, sorry for slow update because I'm a student:D

On 2017/4/5 at 11:00 AM, SpaceToad said:

What about a manual mode? Also, how is the fuel transfer handled? Is it through the stock fuel transfer or scripted? Id like to use the parts, but manual refueling because... fun :)

I think manual mode is not necessary, it is really really hard, so I think I will not add that.

About the fuel transfer, it's not stock fuel transfer, if you read the source, we just use "RequestResource" to transfer fuel. When it is docking, one side will consume fuel and another side will produce fuel. It looks like transferring fuel but actually, it isn't. :confused: And of course, when it is undocking the fuel consumption and production will stop.

4 hours ago, Icecovery said:

Thanks for your support, sorry for slow update because I'm a student:D

I think manual mode is not necessary, it is really really hard, so I think I will not add that.

About the fuel transfer, it's not stock fuel transfer, if you read the source, we just use "RequestResource" to transfer fuel. When it is docking, one side will consume fuel and another side will produce fuel. It looks like transferring fuel but actually, it isn't. :confused: And of course, when it is undocking the fuel consumption and production will stop.

Cool, I figured out you can fly the aircraft manually and engage the probe "magnet" once you're sufficiently close enough. Does the supply aircraft lose fuel proportionally as the recieving aircraft gains it? It appears the rate of flow is about 20 units per second to the receiver, but does the tanker lose fuel at the same 20 units per second rate while docked?

22 minutes ago, SpaceToad said:

Cool, I figured out you can fly the aircraft manually and engage the probe "magnet" once you're sufficiently close enough. Does the supply aircraft lose fuel proportionally as the recieving aircraft gains it? It appears the rate of flow is about 20 units per second to the receiver, but does the tanker lose fuel at the same 20 units per second rate while docked?

Maybe I can try to add something to get the distance between two vessels. :DAnd of course, it's proportional. But is not all the rate of flow is 20 units per second, if you use boom system, the rate of flow will be 70 units per second(Maybe before version V0.3.0, the rate of the boom system is 20, too.That's a bug and we already fix it.(Looks I forget to write in the changelog?), and the programmer who made the bug has been executed.(just kidding:D))

Edited by Icecovery

Ok I finally wrapped my head around the parts, I love this mod already :D just made my circumnavigation by Cessna possible. Any chance we could see smaller refueling pods, like .625 size for smaller tanker aircraft?

29 minutes ago, SpaceToad said:

Ok I finally wrapped my head around the parts, I love this mod already :D just made my circumnavigation by Cessna possible. Any chance we could see smaller refueling pods, like .625 size for smaller tanker aircraft?

I will make that although it is so small or even like a toy. :confused:

Incidentally, I already made a kind fuel port like what do B-2 Spirit using in real world and it is Mk-2 size. I think you will like it.:D

On 4/6/2017 at 11:05 PM, Icecovery said:

I will make that although it is so small or even like a toy. :confused:

Incidentally, I already made a kind fuel port like what do B-2 Spirit using in real world and it is Mk-2 size. I think you will like it.:D

Here's what I mean, this wing mounted pod but in .625 form factor:220px-Multipoint_Refueling_System_closeu

18 hours ago, SpaceToad said:

Here's what I mean, this wing mounted pod but in .625 form factor:220px-Multipoint_Refueling_System_closeu

tFYwD0n.png

So here is a similar model, I will finish other work, you can see it in the next version. Oh, and it's size is 0.625m!:D

On 4/12/2017 at 2:59 PM, Icecovery said:

tFYwD0n.png

So here is a similar model, I will finish other work, you can see it in the next version. Oh, and it's size is 0.625m!:D

That is perfect! Thanks for putting in the time and effort!

So apparently refueling a large aircraft is a simple one click process but trying to align the crafts with BDA AI and Wing Commander was a nightmare
I Recommend using Atmospheric Autopilot to keep the refueling aircraft level and stable

On 2017/4/14 at 5:57 AM, SpaceToad said:

That is perfect! Thanks for putting in the time and effort!

Welcome!:D

10 minutes ago, DIMASARM said:

So apparently refueling a large aircraft is a simple one click process but trying to align the crafts with BDA AI and Wing Commander was a nightmare
I Recommend using Atmospheric Autopilot to keep the refueling aircraft level and stable

Yeah, I think atmosphereic autopilot is easier, too. Thank you for your reminder and support!:D

5 hours ago, DIMASARM said:

successfully refueled 2 jets at once
can the "activate probe" function be tied to an action group? juggling control between multiple crafts was kinda hectic

I think "Activate" and "Deactivate" buttons have always been editable in action group. Please check it again so that I can konw if it's a bug or not.

Here is the source code, in "FuelProbe.cs", you can also find it from the link in the first page.

9HjH1BR.png

These are the new stuff of next version.:sticktongue:

A "Rotate Fuel Port" imitate B-2 Spirit.

8n2xUpM.png

A size0(0.625m) refueling pods. Thanks for your advice, @SpaceToad !

0tZoDKt.png

Then I changed a lot of textures, now they are similar to the stock part style!

au9Ixcx.jpg

And then I trying adding some new part and features. 

For example, a new module lets the wings of the boom rotate like a wind vane, making it look right at any angle. (But there are some problems make it is still unable to work)

Or a boom with a drogue(like this pic), and more type of boom!

7KTJojb.jpg

Thank supports from everyone, AARS is becoming to a complete mod, WIP mode maybe will quit soon.:D:D:D

And if you have some idea about new features or parts, you can tell us and we will try to make them into reality.:sticktongue: