Anybody watch football?

memes in space

Football  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch football (Gridiron football if you aren't in North America)?

• Yes, NFL mostly
    • Yes, college mostly
    • Yes, both
    • No

1 minute ago, pTrevTrevs said:

You're right. Someone might have gone out of their way to write an entire Wikipedia article and design a theatrical poster for a film that might not exist.

Well that is not the point. You said wiki was not a valid source. So therefore all wiki articles are invalidated. And must I bring up the moon landing conspirators.

3 hours ago, razark said:

But if I'm not hungry, I don't get anything out of watching a starving person eat a meal.

Do you watch anything? Like, must you feel murderous to watch a movie with violence in it? Or do you still get something out of it even without the blood lust?

And do you instead just go out and kill people or do you settle for watching the movie?

Edited by 5thHorseman

2 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Well that is not the point. You said wiki was not a valid source. So therefore all wiki articles are invalidated. And must I bring up the moon landing conspirators.

Well, if it makes you happy...

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0112740/

To be fair though, I've never seen Wikipedia be wrong about the existence of something, for which it has a complete article, along with photographic evidence. Just saying.

4 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Like, must you feel murderous to watch a movie with violence in it? Or do you still get something out of it even without the blood lust?

Nah, I watch the movie to see a scripted set of actions that tells a story.

7 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

And do you instead just go out and kill people or do you settle for watching the movie?

If I felt the need to kill someone, watching a movie would not be the way to go about getting it done.

But what does this have to do with the utter boredom I feel when watching other people play a game?  It's just as boring as watching people play a video game.

Just now, razark said:

But what does this have to do with the utter boredom I feel when watching other people play a game?

As someone with interests in both video games and space, you should know what having other people disparage your interests is like.

But hey, if I don't like what you like I must be funning wrong. That's cool.

18 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Well, if it makes you happy...

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0112740/

To be fair though, I've never seen Wikipedia be wrong about the existence of something, for which it has a complete article, along with photographic evidence. Just saying.

Well there are photographs of the cross hairs on lunar photos appearing behind objects, so that confirms the conspiracy's that we have not gone to the moon. You can see it in the photos so it has to be true.

And yes, the non-wiki link is satisfactory. Plus it is a good source.  

Edited by munlander1

24 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Like, must you feel murderous to watch a movie with violence in it? Or do you still get something out of it even without the blood lust?

It's a forum of persons sunk in Kerbals genocide and rocket explosions. Very impolite to really ask such questions here... :rolleyes:

Edited by kerbiloid

Just now, munlander1 said:

Well there is photographs of the cross hairs on lunar photos appearing behind objects, so that confirms the conspiracy's that we have not gone to the moon. You can see it in the photos so it has to be true.

There's a picture of a crosshairs appearing behind an object. On its own, that proves that somehow crosshairs appear behind objects. It gives no indication as to why, although people can draw their own conclusions. With the article that may be attached, it is possible to learn that some people have construed this as evidence for a faked moon landing, but the article probably does not claim that the picture is proof of being faked, and the picture doesnt claim anything at all, as it is a picture of objects with no persuasive wording. Even with the picture and article about it, there still remain many more aspects of the moon hoax theory to address, and thus nothing can be concluded as proof from the picture and article alone.

Now, there is a picture of a poster for a film. That proves that either the film exists as a completed project or as a concept in someone's mind. With the information provided by the article (and nothing else) it can be concluded that it is extremely likely the film is real, given that very few people would write this much false information to convince the internet that a certain film exists when in reality it doesn't not (especially when there's no real reason or payoff for doing so). Consodering that the article provides a plot synopsis, list of cast and producers, the budget, details about the production, and a summary of the movie's reception, there is not likely to be any information that could be vital to determining the film's existence.

Man, we've gotten a long way from football, haven't we?

2 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Man, we've gotten a long way from football, haven't we?

Yes, yes we have. I think we have proven that neither of us will convince the other is wrong. I think we should both drop it. All in good faith though.:)

Anyway, I gonna go to bed so good night!

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

As someone with interests in both video games and space, you should know what having other people disparage your interests is like.

But hey, if I don't like what you like I must be funning wrong. That's cool.

I'll just point out that I never said anyone was wrong for watching football.  I've merely expressed that I don't, and further that I don't understand why someone would like it.

I'll be the first to admit that many people wonder why I do what I do.

Edited by razark

4 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I live in Alabama, so not watching football means I have a significantly higher chance of being lynched.

The Alabama/Auburn rivalry here is so intense most people base what college they attend solely on their football preferences.

I'm not real big on the NFL, since there aren't any pro teams in my state, but the Falcons are one game away from the Super Bowl, so maybe I'll pay more attention this year.

Bah, forget those 'War Turkeys' lol :wink: Alabama! Wahoo!

...although Clemson upset my boat this year, big time. What were those boys thinking?!? Slacking off like that. *shakes head* ;.;

8 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I don't think 60 year old men (just an example) are in good enough physical shape to play football. Or get up from a tackle like this: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=--r2kiSbCus

No, eh? You should think that one over twice. I could introduce you to a few who would change your mind right quick.

Nice intentional headbutt, roughing the passer; 15 yards penalty - automatic first down. Total dirtbag player. Poor example.

I refuse to watch NFL (too many pansy rules, college ball is better), and not when you've got the likes of Colin Kaepernick and his comments and charades going on ... but then, what else would one expect from a man named 'colon'.

I do not watch both Footballs (Soccer and American). Here in the Netherlands, fans take Football waaay to seriously, like its war.

And its just a game too, not some kind of war between two countries, wich it actually feels like.

Edited by NSEP

7 hours ago, LordFerret said:

No, eh? You should think that one over twice. I could introduce you to a few who would change your mind right quick.

To almost anything there are some exceptions.

7 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Poor example.

While I do agree with you it is not the best example though, it still happened though. 

6 hours ago, NSEP said:

I do not watch both Footballs (Soccer and American). Here in the Netherlands, fans take Football waaay to seriously, like its war.

And its just a game too, not some kind of war between two countries, wich it actually feels like.

The Netherlands isn't alone in that respect. FIFA! :confused: But I must admit; I do love watching FIFA. Hummm... maybe wars should be fought instead via FIFA??? lol

1 hour ago, munlander1 said:

To almost anything there are some exceptions.

While I do agree with you it is not the best example though, it still happened though. 

Let me throw this at you, the issue of facemasking...

First is the current counter action, the clear plastic shield some have started wearing to further protect the face - and I understand it prevents someone from grabbing a hold of the faceguard. Your opinion.

Second, the idea of simply removing the faceguard entirely. Back in 'the old days' of leather helmets, there were no faceguards - and no facemasking. Your opinion.

And lastly, those sticky grip gloves. I see nearly all receivers wearing them these days (college ball anyway, do they also in the NFL?)... and they still drop the ball lol. Frankly I'm surprised there isn't a ruling against them (or has there been that I'm not aware?). Your opinion.

5 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Let me throw this at you, the issue of facemasking...

First is the current counter action, the clear plastic shield some have started wearing to further protect the face - and I understand it prevents someone from grabbing a hold of the faceguard. Your opinion.

Second, the idea of simply removing the faceguard entirely. Back in 'the old days' of leather helmets, there were no faceguards - and no facemasking. Your opinion.

And lastly, those sticky grip gloves. I see nearly all receivers wearing them these days (college ball anyway, do they also in the NFL?)... and they still drop the ball lol. Frankly I'm surprised there isn't a ruling against them (or has there been that I'm not aware?). Your opinion.

What's your point?

27 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

This should not be that complicated and you have my apologies, so your asking for my opinion on those?

Yes, I was just wondering your opinion of those issues. That's all.

@StupidAndy brought up a good one also. I never did see the logic of that one. Celebration equated to taunting. What's wrong with taunting? Oh, wait, we might hurt someone's feelings. ROFL!

Oregon Ducks fan checking in. Hoping Taggart works out because ... damn we could use a new coach after Helfrich, not to mention Chip "HURR RUN UP THE MIDDLE AGAINST AUBURN IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP TO MAKE A POINT" Kelly.

12 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I watch the regular season and the superbowl. As a Cleveland Browns fan, I have no real reason to watch the playoffs.

Ever.

I know Browns fans and this statement is accurate.

Edited by regex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.