New Planets?

I've lost hope of that happening about two years ago. Eeloo came out when? 4 years ago? Just don't think about it, it's better that way.

It's not that important anyway, improving the current ones (instead of random things that mods do better or more plane parts) should be the main focus now.

Edited by theend3r

Seriously doubt there will be anything added to stock. But the community has responded wonderfully to the challenge, to the point where modded planets are often a higher quality! Grab yourself a planet pack and get cracking, imo :) 

If you do go with OPM, I recommend getting @Poodmund's overhaul to go with it (when it's updated). Used in my last career, made a real difference to the visuals, some really satisfying (and scary) planets to visit.

Alternatively @Galileo's been working on this beaut:

Edited by eddiew

5 hours ago, eddiew said:

Seriously doubt there will be anything added to stock. But the community has responded wonderfully to the challenge, to the point where modded planets are often a higher quality! Grab yourself a planet pack and get cracking, imo :) 

If you do go with OPM, I recommend getting @Poodmund's overhaul to go with it (when it's updated). Used in my last career, made a real difference to the visuals, some really satisfying (and scary) planets to visit.

Alternatively @Galileo's been working on this beaut:

GPP is set to have a major update tomorrow, barring any last minute issues.  Hopefully, it won't affect my current playthrough, but if it does, no worries.  I made a few mistakes in this one, and this'll give me an excuse to start over.

14 minutes ago, yoergiebear said:

I know this sounds crazy, but how do you install mods in ksp. I've tried downloading them but they don't appear in ksp

You have to put the mod files in the GameData folder of your KSP copy.

(be sure not to have another GameData folder inside the KSP's GameData folder, it might prevent the mod from loading.)

Note: In case of doubt, follow the instructions given by the mod creator, even if theu don't correspond to the instruction given above.

I am really hoping that Squad's "secret feature" they are hyping is a Gas Planet 2, which was planned to be blue in the original Gas Planet 2 plans, but hoping does nothing, only do lucky guesses exist, and Squad hasn't revealed it yet, so there is no way to tell for certain. Assuming it isn't Gas Planet 2, the Outer Planets Mod, as mentioned above, is the best stock-alike planet pack out there, but there are other great ones too, that mix up or replace the entire system.

4 minutes ago, Nathair said:

They are?

Saying they are developing a big feature in their KSP Weekly (with the art department involved), but then stating it is not yet time/too early to release images of promise, is clearly teasing/hyping us. They could have just not told us they are developing a big feature in general in KSP Weekly (the new Devnotes), and if they actually are, they wouldn't be hyping us up over it by not telling us. There is always a chance from our outside perspective that this feature is Gas Planet 2.

Edited by LaytheDragon

3 hours ago, yoergiebear said:

Where should the folder be located? In steam or in files.

2 hours ago, Nathair said:

Probably something like \Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

In addition to what Nathair said, you can also (and probably should) move your KSP install somewhere outside of Steam.  There's no DRM or anything forcing you to keep it there, and by doing so, you'll still be able to play the game even if Steam automatically loads an update, which may break your current game.  Just grab the entire KSP folder from SteamApps\common and move it to your desktop (or wherever you want it), create a shortcut of the KSP.exe and place that wherever.

Also, there's no limit to the number of copies of KSP you can have on your computer.  I have somewhere around a dozen stock copies in different versions of KSP, plus modded versions of some of them, for a total count of around 20 different copies of KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.