Strange mod ideas...

StupidAndy

so I have had a few suggestions for mods in my 8 months of KSP, some I never shared with you because I've already debunked them and found them A) stupid B) hard to make

but this will be my thread for stupid ideas for mods, REALLY STUPID IDEAS for mods, and if anyone wishes to add to this thread of stupid mods, just pile it all on! we can take hundreds of septillions of ideas of mods!

so this is my list so far

minor mods:

• a news bar at the bottom, like you see in sim city, or other stuff, that tells you what's going on in the world, and it gives you some depth of world, and another part I had is that it can show what happens inside of your space program, so it can be '100,000 fund satellite crashes into VAB' or some stuff like that, and this is where I go stupider, plus, you can have it so it takes some of your reputation or gives you some on random occasions due to the interest of the populace!

medium mods:
none yet

major mods:

• A complete overhaul of the career mode, with new rep, funds giveaway, Kerbal government, and basically just part of it is KCT...

yeah, I'm not thinking right now, but when I do, I'll add on to this list of add ons (see what I did there?)

feel free to add on to this list of, I wont make that awful joke again...

Edited by StupidAndy

6 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

a news bar at the bottom, like you see in sim city, or other stuff, that tells you what's going on in the world, and it gives you some depth of world, and another part I had is that it can show what happens inside of your space program, so it can be '100,000 fund satellite crashes into VAB' or some stuff like that, and this is where I go stupider, plus, you can have it so it takes some of your reputation or gives you some on random occasions due to the interest of the populace!

I like this idea

it sounds relatively simple, and the only code I know is barely any HTML, I just know the name, if I knew the code I'd make it, but I cant :( 

another mod idea: total overhaul of career mode (kinda already an idea, but this might be my own)

so I heard of a mod for civilian population, in fact, here it is, but this is another idea.

so you are appointed administrator of the Kerbal Space Program, and you have to do a set programs set by the Kerbal Kongress, and the President, and (this can have an overhaul of the shipbuilding process) for major stuff like Kerbal Mercury or Voyager, you have to ask for funding from the kongress to do the program you want, say, a mission to Duna, and you have to ask for the funding, and you have a set parameter for the money, so lets say, 200,000 funds, and the leftover funds you keep so you can do another small mission like a satellite launch, so you do the mission, and this is where the rep comes into play, you have five different types of rep, Kongressional, Employees, Astronauts, Populace and Presidential. if any of these go low, you have to change something or you get fired, and the things you change is in the strategies, which I never liked, like "overwork ground staff," you would take that out so they like you better, and Kongressional and Presidential rep is for program completion, but every four years, when the election for a new president comes, you have to have finished the program by then, because when that happens, you get a new thing, where the kongress will raise your budget, allowing for another program, or lower it, taking another program away, or giving you more funds for the current projects.  Astronaut rep is for whether you have sent them into space recently, or if an astronaut had died recently, population rep is for prebuilt things, like you don't know a good solar array, you can ask Rockomax if they have an idea for it, and you get that idea for the solar array, and it goes into your subassemblies. so now back to funds. if you have higher rep, you get better mission parameters and you can eventually tell what you want to do, and you get what you want to do, like a Jool V mission, or Moon Base, and best of all, moar funds. and here is the stuff for upgrading buildings, basically, you just ask for the funds like in the mission stuff, but you have to do things, like do 10 new keostationary satellites, so you cant just continually ask for funds to do the buildings

and here is my shipbuilding idea, though this kind of works better for things that use reusability, but it can work for the non reusable ones, like Mercury or Gemini:
so you have the ground crew, and you have an amount, and with your excess funds you can ask for more, and that gives you less time to build, and you can take some away, for more money, but it takes more time to build, wait, this idea sounds better in KCT, oh well, and for reusable things it has a timer saying "5 more days until ready to launch" so you don't have to wait for months to build a new one. and the rest is just KCT inclusion, well, most of this is KCT

this shall be my main idea for the mod, so I'll be adding on to it over time

Edited by StupidAndy
adding a mod idea

And corruption. Let the Kerbal bribe you.
"Bill Kerman gives you 100 money to avoid the mission to Duna".
"Bob Kerman gives you 200 money to visit the Jool colony."

Also, Tourist-class Kerbals should pay for souvenirs and screen photos.

P.S.
Most of financial and social trading can be realized with generator module. Especially if use USI plugin extension which takes into account the class of a Kerbal inside the pod.
But at least there is lack of random.

Edited by kerbiloid

I like the idea of a news line, but only asteroids live their own life. If a career overhaul happens I would greatly suggest adding a variety events which will have positive and negative outcomes depending on what you do. That's what brings life to games like Stellaris and Cities.

Probably, KSP itself would add some PublishNewslineEvent function. Or at least a mod.
So, the modmakers can just drop their "news events" into the common pool.

Then a mod can add several automatically generated newspapers like
"Engines in our life" ("As we all know, LV-45 ser.no.349856 was working for last 15 minutes. And now it says: Enough, I shut down."),
"Industrial Observer" ("314 kg of chemicals above planned were manufactured by the Minmus Plant #2. Workers welcome the honorable Player and promise Him/Her to keep increasing their productivity in future."),
"Caress and Misery" ("Kerbals of Duna are starving. They have Food for 24 days left. Please-please, says they, send us a cargo ship."),
"Unofficial Relations" ("Bill Kerman meets Valentine Kerman on Gilly. They are already 4 days together. Love? Or what?")

(Event photos can be generated by 3d-engine on demand.)

Edited by kerbiloid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.