KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

Bumping up these bug reports:

-  Propellant efficiency lowers energy demand by its percentage, its thrust that should be lowered. Only thermal efficiency (of electrical engine) should reduce power demand

- Most of reactors have power discrepancy between what part says and what thermal manager says, in some cases its 1000x discrepancy

- Thermal nuclear ramjet (that one with built in nuclear reactor) is listed at wrong size.

https://imgur.com/a/CAGRt

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=9971659149&album_id=5034912960

I'm also reporting, that QSR is always at 100% reactor usage.

Heavy warp drive is white as it didn't had texture.

https://imgur.com/a/W7Lyo

Edited by raxo2222

20 hours ago, danielboro said:

this is the problem
this mod was updated to 1.3.1 the rest i dont know yet

its new and most mods are for 1.3.0

This mod is exclusively and definitely causing my problem. I've loaded every other mod I'm trying to use individually and they all work. 

Still looking for assistance. 

I still can't manage to make any radiator work correctly. here are the steps to reproduce

- Build craft with molten salt reactor, a thermal generator and loads of radiators

- launch craft

- (on launchpad) see cold bath temp rise and efficiency fall

- (on launchpad) extend radiators, see cold bath temp fall and efficiency rise (normal behavior)

- get the vessel in space, temperature now rises constantly and efficiency falls, extending or retracting radiators doesn't change anything...

does that with any kind of radiators. No other mods installed (except those that come in the KSPI-E package)

I'm on a mac, i don't think that would change anything but who knows?

radiators seem to be cooling KSP stock parts normally.

:/

1 hour ago, Starchaser said:

This mod is exclusively and definitely causing my problem. I've loaded every other mod I'm trying to use individually and they all work. 

Still looking for assistance. 

If you're running KSP 1.3.1 then KSPIE isn't going to work. It hasn't been updated yet. That would be your problem.

29 minutes ago, Starchaser said:

ah Danielboro seemed to say it had been.

wen i wrote that i was sure i seen 1.15.3 compiled for 1.3.1
but i cant find it now

edit:
IFS was compiled for 1.3.1 and i most have mixed the 2

Edited by danielboro

Has anyone gotten a LOX/LCH4 fuel plant working? And if so what is the reaction chain?

I've been trying from both hydrates and regolith as a starting material but cant find the right combination of components to keep it running.

I can get water and CO2 from the regolith, but somehow my sabatier reaction won't start.

If anyone can help with the components needed for each step, so far I tried to do: Drill (hydrates)-->creates water and CO2-->water goes to electrolyser(creates O2 (should be liquified for storage) and H2 (to sabatier))-->Sabatier combines H2 and CO2 to create CH4 which should be liquified and stored as well and should produce extra O2.

So far all that happens is that O2 gets stored and fills the tank and then it stops the whole chain. Is there a way to dump excess?

I built a mothership with a Daedalus engine paired with a Tri-Alpha reactor, it made it to Neidon (OPM mod) just fine and circularized just fine. But now I have the "Warning: Fusion Reactor plasma heating cannot be guaranteed, reducing power requirements is recommended" and the engine reports "insufficient electricity"

I also have a bunch of NFT nuclear reactors for landers which AFAIK shouldn't be relevant to this at all. But how do I go about firing the engine? Here's a screenshot

Z3nkMQI.png

On 9/7/2017 at 2:21 AM, FreeThinker said:

That would indeed be strange. Exactly what KSPI documentation claims that Peroxide process produces Oxygen?

It's in ISRU table:

Peroxide Process LqdAmmonia + HTP Hydrazine + LqdOxygen Construction

Edited by pp3d

Hello! I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but I'll post this anyway. I'm having crazy trouble while trying to cool down reactors such as the plasma beam antimatter one or the singularity reactor. For the antimatter one, I have to place more than 40 RADIATORS or even 50 to get it to cool down properly. For the singularity one, I need to place more than 20! I dont know if this is normal but I find it really hard to cope with. I'm playing on Sandbox mode.

2 hours ago, juanml82 said:

I built a mothership with a Daedalus engine paired with a Tri-Alpha reactor, it made it to Neidon (OPM mod) just fine and circularized just fine. But now I have the "Warning: Fusion Reactor plasma heating cannot be guaranteed, reducing power requirements is recommended" and the engine reports "insufficient electricity"

I also have a bunch of NFT nuclear reactors for landers which AFAIK shouldn't be relevant to this at all. But how do I go about firing the engine? Here's a screenshot

Z3nkMQI.png

Switch electric priority to 1 in your tri-alpha reactor.

2 hours ago, LapraLapso said:

Hello! I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but I'll post this anyway. I'm having crazy trouble while trying to cool down reactors such as the plasma beam antimatter one or the singularity reactor. For the antimatter one, I have to place more than 40 RADIATORS or even 50 to get it to cool down properly. For the singularity one, I need to place more than 20! I dont know if this is normal but I find it really hard to cope with. I'm playing on Sandbox mode.

While I haven't received official word from freethinker yet, I believe this is an unintentional bug introduced in the most recent version of the mod.  Roll back to one version prior and it should solve it, until freethinker either fixes this or states that the new behavior is correct.

Hello, I have another question. I installed my mod with CKAN, and I dont know if that affected anything with my mod, but my QSR and Antimatter Reactor only produces 1.22 and 1.44GW at max power. Meanwhile my friend sent me a screenshot and his is at 500+GW. Is this normal or is something wrong with my mod?

Edited by LapraLapso

9 minutes ago, LapraLapso said:

Hello, I have another question. I installed my mod with CKAN, and I dont know if that affected anything with my mod, but my QSR and Antimatter Reactor only produces 1.22 and 1.44GW at max power. Meanwhile my friend sent me a screenshot and his is at 500+GW. Is this normal or is something wrong with my mod?

Sounds like you have Near Future installed.

It REALLY should be stated in game that using Near Future parts cut 500x or so power produced and consumed.

7 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Sounds like you have Near Future installed.

It REALLY should be stated in game that using Near Future parts cut 500x or so power produced and consumed.

Ah! So KSPIE doesnt come with Near Future Mods when installed with manually? CKAN installed the Near Future Mods?

Contrary to other posts, I think the 1.3.1 version does work. I have it running... (but not at first. I also got the crash after loading screen).

KSPIE v 1.15.3 for KSP 1.3 did contain the mod: FShangarExtender.
KSPIE v 1.16.0 for KSP 1.3.1 does not contain this mod.

I get KSPIE 1.16.0 running by either of these two methods:

• Make sure you don't have FShangarExtender installed at all (from a previous KSPIE install). Just delete it.
  • Find the 1.3.1 update of FShangarExtender itself, and install that properly. (make sure it's v for 1.3.1. I could only find this on SpaceDock)

Also, the 1.3.1 update from FreeThinker (developer) contained the PatchManager, which has since then also been updated. You can find the latest version of that too and install (I did).

Edited by Steven Typles

20 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Switch electric priority to 1 in your tri-alpha reactor.

I've tried that, but it's still not working. I've used hyperedit to erase all the waste heat, just in case, but it makes no difference. I don't have a KSPI fission reactor on board as well, but if that was needed, why was I able to depart Kerbin and capture at Neidon? What does the error means?

MYLGctT.png

I think I have a solution for the ship-misassembly/diassembly in warp issue I've been having: it mostly seems to happen when the ship turns. I'd like to request that all ship rotation be locked down while in warp; any course adjustment or mind-changing needs to be done out of warp or the ship will get taken apart and put back together wrong.

This, I would hope, will also prevent the ship from trying to get back on course if freak miscalculations make it think it needs to, which is what causes it to turn in the first place since I always do set my course from normal space.

Edited by Dave1234