Update in the last 48 hours?

Nickel AP

Was there an update at all between 1-17-17 and 1-19-17? I had been repeatedly doing kerbin orbit tourist contracts and could continually complete them, first try, at least 5 times in a row. Today I attempted to do a kerbin orbit tourist contract with the exact same ship and could not achieve 70k ap-70k pap orbit. I tried multiple times and ran out of fuel every time BEFORE hitting orbit, not even enough fuel to de orbit. whats going on?

Additional info: Was using reliant initial stage, terrier second stage. In an attempt to be extremely cost efficient I was using just enough fuel tanks to achieve orbit and de orbit. With consecutive failures today I tried switching over to thud x2 on initial stage for greater ISP at sea level to no avail.

In all humility it may be my flying but I was pretty consistent at hitting orbit with this same ship. I don't know what could have changed in my flying style to restrict me from hitting orbit.

Delete the physics.cfg and partdatabase.cfg files in your KSP root directory. They will be re-created with default values when you start the game. So in case something got screwed up with the physics, however unlikely that is, this may reset it.

Also, if you played around with the debug menu, changing gravity or drag sliders or anything similar: these changes can be pretty persistent. Make sure you manually reset them to default values after you are done testing.

Simples. You never played "Need for Speed" or anything suchlike?

You were "in the zone" and you lost it, its a common issue :) you said yourself you're using just the right amount of fuel, so your margins are already sensitive.

Im serious! Pretty sure this has happened to me more than once!

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

One more thing: You cannot both fail to reach orbit and fail to return from orbit. Either you made orbit and are stuck, or you didn't make orbit and will come back down.

there's always the option that he forgot to shut down the engine...

On 1/20/2017 at 1:16 AM, p1t1o said:

Simples. You never played "Need for Speed" or anything suchlike?

You were "in the zone" and you lost it, its a common issue :) you said yourself you're using just the right amount of fuel, so your margins are already sensitive.

Im serious! Pretty sure this has happened to me more than once!

Yeah, apparently that is what happened. Accomplished contract a bit later. Was just shocked with my previous consistency that it would be so much different due to slight flight path change. Thanks

On 1/20/2017 at 1:48 AM, 5thHorseman said:

One more thing: You cannot both fail to reach orbit and fail to return from orbit. Either you made orbit and are stuck, or you didn't make orbit and will come back down.

I was more commenting on being able to achieve 2 out of 2 previously and then not even 1 out of the 2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.