Have we landed on the moon?

munlander1

Home many of you believe we have landed on the moon?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. With people, we have landed on the moon.

• You agree with this.
    • You disagree with this.
    • You are in between on the matter.

So being the Ksp community a lot of you know a lot about space and space flight, but how many of you believe in Neil Armstrong's one small step?

Please no side conversations.

Including anything about ad hominems

(These next ones are common sense)

No name calling

No insulting each other (there believes (eg. "I think..." "Well, you are ignorant!" and occupations (shall I need an example)

Have a debate please, or I may close the thread. We have already had 1 warning from @Snark. I don't think there will be a next one:

Edited by munlander1
Added some guidelines

It's quite obvious we did, and anyways no matter what it'll be 100% or nearly 100% here, but say you ask on r/conspiracy or the the Flat Earth Society forums, it'll be very close to zero.
I'm not saying we didn't (we obviously did), but the results of the poll matter on the demographics.

again I have to refer you to my list of space program ideals

I refer you to my list of space program reasons to tell the public of their major missions

1. PR: so all countries space programs are funded on the ideals of the people and the government, so if they did something like get a person to orbit, they wouldn't keep it secret, they would show the world, they would drop leaflets, they would do everything to tell everyone they got to orbit, so that means, if Russia got to sarnus, we would know BEFORE they took off, this means that if they say they are going to Saturn, they would have to tell the government they need molah.
  2. Big frickin moon rockets: so it takes a ton of things to get even to orbit, to ORBIT, this is to Saturn, not only orbit, but further then every nation has ever gone ever. so if there was a big frickin Saturn rocket, we not only would've known to due rule 1, but we have satellites flying over Russia and Baikonur every single day, so the rockets have to travel on those big crawlers for about a day, wait another day, and yadda yadda yadda, and that is for one launch, a mission to Saturn would require hundreds of launchers, so that rules that out
  3. Funding: so you have to pay for things right? you have to pay for Kerbal, the same is for NASA and Roscosmos, they have to pay for the materials and parts, and labor, so they would have billions of dollars going to one rocket, so a conspiracy theorist would go through everything to find out a conspiracy, so they would go to the financial reports to find unusual spendings, we would find that again, before the rocket even takes off.
  4. social media: do I even have to explain this one? SOMEONE would have spilled the beans again before the rocket took off
  5. and this is the final one, the scientific community: they would have to ask the scientific community about things like "what happens to radiation far away from the sun" or "where are important places to visit at Saturn" stuff like that

might have to adapt it to American instead of Russian, but still the same, but with much more publicity...

16 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

yes it is, it can also be adapted to moon bases theories

Yes, it can be.

1 hour ago, Firemetal said:

What the heck is this thread? Of course we landed on the Moon. Also, why ask the KSP community? That is so dang pointless.

Fire

Well, this thread is about people's opinion on the moon landings. Why ask the Ksp community? Well, why not. I was curious about people's opinions on the matter. Fire? I don't know what you mean by that. I can explain to you what it is but... I hope you know what fire is though.. If not, I can always inform you though.

Edited by munlander1

10 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Yes, it can be.

Well, this thread is about people's opinion on the moon landings. Why ask the Ksp community? Well, why not. I was curious about people's opinions on the matter. Fire? I don't know what you mean by that. I can explain to you what it is but... I hope you know what fire is though.. If not, I can always inform you though.

Alright. So basically you are asking, "do you believe the moon landings or not." At least that is what I see this thread as. The KSP community is made up of spaceflight nerds, me included, who will click on the first option without thought.

The Saturn V launched, got onto a Lunar intersect, captured, landed, did their science and inspirational stuff on the surface, got back to the main ship and returned to Earth. That is what I believe.

Firemetal

(Is that enough for you?)

44 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

he KSP community is made up of spaceflight nerds, me included, who will click on the first option without thought

The poll results do not support that statement.

44 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Firemetal

Sorry, did not see that was part of your user name, my bad. 

30 minutes ago, razark said:

Nope.  It never happened.  It was all fake.Well, not all of it.The pictures are real.  So are the astronauts.  And parts of the spacecraft.  But they never went to the moon.

Yeah they went somewhere else, Mars or Venus.

8 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Good point.

I asking everyone here, is there a way to account for the trolls while still having somewhat accurate data?

On a forum poll? No. Your data is as accurate as it can be.

~100% of us trust the data. Those who vote otherwise are in the <1% who do not trust the data, or are trolling.

Note. I do not "Believe" the Moon landings occurred any more than I "Believe" that sound waves travel through air. I trust the data that has been presented to me on the subject.

Edited by 5thHorseman

4 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

On a forum poll? No. Your data is accurate.

~100% of us trust the data. Those who vote otherwise are in the <1% who do not trust the data, or are trolling.

You confuse me. Here you say:

9 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

"Most will click the first option without thought. The rest will troll."

So can you formally put down your opinion.

8 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Yeah they went somewhere else, Mars or Venus.

That's just absurd.  Obviously, the Saturn V went into solar orbit.

They had to launch the Saturn V, otherwise people would question why there were astronauts on the moon that were coming to earth.  Astronauts suddenly showing up without a big launch would have just caused too many questions.

Just now, razark said:

That's just absurd.  Obviously, the Saturn V went into solar orbit.

They had to launch the Saturn V, otherwise people would question why there were astronauts on the moon that were coming to earth.  Astronauts suddenly showing up without a big launch would have just caused too many questions.

Clearly they had to land on Mars or Venus. I mean the flag was flapping so it clearly needed wind and wind needs an atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

Clearly they had to land on Mars or Venus. I mean the flag was flapping so it clearly needed wind and wind needs an atmosphere.

This has been clearly addressed many times.  The flag was vibrating because the astronauts touched it, not because of wind.  If you look at the films that they brought, you can clearly see the dust, flags, various objects, all of them acting exactly as they would on the moon.  This is quite clear, of course, because the astronauts were on the moon.  If it had been done on Mars, it would have looked quite different.