3xp for planting a flag on Minmus

Hello awesome forum-ers,

I am not certain if this question belongs here or in support; modded installs, but I thought I would start here in case I am making a simple game-play error (i.e. it's supposed to work like this). 

I'm in-process with a science sandbox game, having enabled Kerbal Experience in the difficulty settings when starting the save. I have used the Mobile Processing lab (in kerbin orbit) to level-up kerbals who have gone to the mun and/or minmus, but did not get the expected results. For example, one particular kerbal has planted a flag on the mun, planted a flag on minmus, and is currently orbiting kerbin. After leveling up in the lab, her info in the astronaut complex shows:  "orbit around kerbin=2, plant flag on mun=4, plant flag on minmus=3".  These numbers differ from the wiki (http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Experience), which shows 5xp for mun flag and 6.25 for minmus flag. I'm concerned my XP rewards will continue to be wrong as I head out to other planets. 

So my question, does the mobile lab not fully level up kerbals? Does Science mode XP work differently? Is there a setting for "experience difficulty" that I didn't catch? Or, is this a sign that a mod is messing with my settings and I should head over to mod support to find out which one?

Thanks.

I checked the XP of my Kerbals in my carreer mode game: Flag on Mun 5 XP, Flag on Minmus 6 XP. The other gained XP are like the ones in the Wiki but rounded numbers. The mods I have installed are: KER. KAC, Transfer window planner, Chatterer, Docking Port Alignment.

Regarding the processing lab: As far as I understand, the lab will level up the kerbals the same way like if you recover a vessel on kerbin after a mission.

(Sorry for my bad english :))

9 minutes ago, MonsterBenny said:

I checked the XP of my Kerbals in my carreer mode game: Flag on Mun 5 XP, Flag on Minmus 6 XP. The other gained XP are like the ones in the Wiki but rounded numbers. The mods I have installed are: KER. KAC, Transfer window planner, Chatterer, Docking Port Alignment.

Regarding the processing lab: As far as I understand, the lab will level up the kerbals the same way like if you recover a vessel on kerbin after a mission.

Thanks, I will dig into my Gamedata folder and look on more mod threads, but I appreciate that you have confirmed I did things correctly for Stock--I really hadn't played much since before XP was implemented and was unsure. 

2 minutes ago, Tiber9 said:

Thanks, I will dig into my Gamedata folder and look on more mod threads, but I appreciate that you have confirmed I did things correctly for Stock--I really hadn't played much since before XP was implemented and was unsure. 

Glad I could help. :)  I also checked the difficulty settings when starting a new game and found nothing what would affect the gained XP.

Yup, Outer Planets Mod. It had a science rewards change that affects Kerbal experience, I put the mod back in without that file and my Kerbal's xp is back where I expected. Now I just decide if I want to let it make those changes or not, but thanks for helping me track it down!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.