[1.8+] Kerbal Health 1.6.8 (2024-01-22)

garwel

I am going to test on a new career and see if maybe the whole reason this problem occured is because I installed it with a current career in progress.   If it does then it was my fault for trying to do such a drastic change in a current career.  If it checks for added Kerbals then it should know when you accept the contract that the new Kerbal has been added.  Maybe once the contract is Accepted then the timer starts for the game to rescue it, or an option to disable it for rescue missions as contracts.

I will let you know what I find.

Also did you put on ckan the most recent version or is it the one on the github page?  I know sometimes the ckan is not always updated.

Thanks 

Bill

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, garwel said:

The mod intercepts certain game events to register new kerbals and also checks for them regularly in the background. It may not work in all cases though, like with rescue missions (and it probably shouldn't because you don't want your kerbals to die before you had a chance to rescue them). I think I fixed the NRE in my dev version, but haven't tested it yet.

Do you have any recommendations regarding this issue right now, or should we hold off accepting contracts with Kerbal rescues. I am fine with waiting (I am working on putting a new hotel in orbit; after all, there appears to be quite a bit of street traffic up there!)--just asking for your input.

Also, I noticed that the .625 m Deadly Reentry heat shield has no radiation, but the stock .625 heat shield has a tiny bit. Could I recommend that the two shields be made equal in the protection they potentially offer (and that the DRE shield match the stock one's protection, instead of deleting it from stock)? I logged this and my recommended code (copied right from your configs!) on GitHub.

As always, thank you.

Edited by eightiesboi
Submitted before finished.

27 minutes ago, garwel said:

I've just published a pre-release of a bug fix (which is going to be v1.1.1). Busy as I am with my real life these days, I haven't been able to test it yet. Will appreciate if you guys check it out and let me know if the fixes work (and no new bugs are introduced). Download it here.

Downloading now and thank you! I'm playing pretty heavily right now, so I should be able to give you input within 24 hours.

Okay, I can't even begin to explain this one. Had a "Rescue mission". Valentina went up to rescue Seebo. Rendezvoused with little problem. However, when Seebo came over to the rescue ship, I realized I had used the wrong part (docking hatch instead of airlock) and couldn't board him into the rescue compartment. I transferred Valentina internally, boarded Seebo, and flew home. I had a crash to desktop, but I've been having them in the last 24 or so hours. Anyways, upon arrival at KSC, I saw Seebo was now listed in Kerbal Health! Yay! But Valentina wasn't there anymore.... (well, not on the first page)... She was now on the second page of the Kerbal Health report and listed as a tourist! She still had one experience pip, but no radiation (which she had previously accumulated). I went back to an earlier save and it did not repeat. So I have no clue what happened... Logs for the curious:https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-ybQgb4fgEg-omP_nNA

Well, since it's not really repeatable there is little I can do. Did you say that the second attempt worked ok? Besides, it's better to enable debug mode in the mod settings for such tests. It may make the game slower, but it logs loads more data. You can then disable it whenever you want.

13 minutes ago, Battou said:

Good idea, but right now your mod basically makes long term missions impossible? A year trip for example? There is no way to regain enaugh health in flight or on bases?

No. You can stabilize (and even regain, to some extent) health by using Recuperation mechanics provided by some parts. Check out the OP and the wiki for details.

(TLDR at bottom) 

Hi- first, this looks excellent.  I'm running it alongside snacks (I had been using mks and loving it, but it was becoming a lag party). I found this after looking at nertea's SSPxr and it showed this as a compatible mod (I was looking for something to make the gravity rings worthwhile) and wow, I am blown away by the effort here.  

I have two questions:

1: Could I request patches for SSTU and/or tundra exploration (or an explanation on how to do it myself)?

A number of living-space parts in those and other mods (lynx, Karibou and Malemute rovers for example) have crew cabins that should be good for a year or longer but only last for a month.

SSTU has several HAB station parts as well as inflatable HABs and gravity rings, and Tundra has the mighty SpaceX BFR, whose 25 ton command pod should be able to (somehow?) accommodate 10 kerbals for an accelerated (80-200 day) voyage and act as a cupola - most of the parts in both of these are only a fraction as useful as they ought to be (although the living space vs seat patch definitely helped a little) 

2: are there any plans to add radiation events such as flares, or static areas like Van Allen belts? Stock/DMagic flavor text (and likeness to Jupiter) suggests Jool should have an extremely strong torus of radiation about as wide as Laythe's orbit (with Laythe's atmosphere acting as a safe haven) whereas other bodies shouldn't

TLDR: thanks for the excellent mod. Could there be patches to bring a few more mod habitation parts up to how they're supposed to be, and do you plan on giving Jool a donut of ambient radiation? 

10 hours ago, Maffif said:

(TLDR at bottom) 

Hi- first, this looks excellent.  I'm running it alongside snacks (I had been using mks and loving it, but it was becoming a lag party). I found this after looking at nertea's SSPxr and it showed this as a compatible mod (I was looking for something to make the gravity rings worthwhile) and wow, I am blown away by the effort here.  

I have two questions:

1: Could I request patches for SSTU and/or tundra exploration (or an explanation on how to do it myself)?

A number of living-space parts in those and other mods (lynx, Karibou and Malemute rovers for example) have crew cabins that should be good for a year or longer but only last for a month.

SSTU has several HAB station parts as well as inflatable HABs and gravity rings, and Tundra has the mighty SpaceX BFR, whose 25 ton command pod should be able to (somehow?) accommodate 10 kerbals for an accelerated (80-200 day) voyage and act as a cupola - most of the parts in both of these are only a fraction as useful as they ought to be (although the living space vs seat patch definitely helped a little) 

2: are there any plans to add radiation events such as flares, or static areas like Van Allen belts? Stock/DMagic flavor text (and likeness to Jupiter) suggests Jool should have an extremely strong torus of radiation about as wide as Laythe's orbit (with Laythe's atmosphere acting as a safe haven) whereas other bodies shouldn't

TLDR: thanks for the excellent mod. Could there be patches to bring a few more mod habitation parts up to how they're supposed to be, and do you plan on giving Jool a donut of ambient radiation? 

SSTU and Tundra Exploration patches shouldn't be hard. I'll look at them when I have a free minute.

I do have plans for more radiation stuff, but you'll have to wait for v.1.3 at least. One of the things I'm going to do is add individual settings for planets and moons (so that Duna has a weaker magnetic field and Jool its own radiation, for example). But I want it to be both realistic and "lore-friendly", so it may take some calculations.

16 hours ago, garwel said:

SSTU and Tundra Exploration patches shouldn't be hard. I'll look at them when I have a free minute.

I do have plans for more radiation stuff, but you'll have to wait for v.1.3 at least. One of the things I'm going to do is add individual settings for planets and moons (so that Duna has a weaker magnetic field and Jool its own radiation, for example). But I want it to be both realistic and "lore-friendly", so it may take some calculations.

Kerbalism had a pretty good treatment of radiation belts around bodies, and solar flares, Id say a similar treatment would be both fun and easy to play.

Kerbalism has an ecosystem of its own and I frankly have no idea what's there under the hood. But I think that simulating the complicated magnetic topology in KH is going to be very bad for performance. This is why I restricted it to just a few pretty simple zones.

hello, @garwel!

Firstly, thanks for the awesome mod!

Now I have a bug here. It seems KerbalHealth is not fully compatible with Galileo's Planet Pack.
The reason might be is that GPP renames kerbalnauts in such a way that their second name becomes Gaelean instead of Kerman.
I tried KerbalHealth in a pure stock install (well ok, with KER installed) and reproduced the steps by adding another kerbalnaut into the vessel - everything seems to be ok.

I get the following once I add more than one kerbalnaut into the ship in the VAB:

(Notice that I also tested this on a pure stock vessel - Kerbal X.)

Spoiler

[LOG 15:57:42.549] [KerbalHealth] Kerbals' number has changed. Recreating the Health Report window.
[LOG 15:57:42.564] [KerbalHealth] ERROR: Could not create a clone of KerbalHealthStatus for Poody Gaelan. It is not found in KerbalHealthList, which contains 1 records.
[EXC 15:57:42.565] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthEditorReport.Update ()

a480a-clip-368kb.png?nocache=1

It seems that the default kerbalnaut (the one that is always put into a fresh vessel loaded in VAB just like Jeb) does NOT cause the bug. In my case it's Galileo Gaelean (see screenshot above). Every other one does cause the bug.

You'd probably also want a screenshot of my kerbalnauts (those are added by GPP by default):

Spoiler

21eeb-clip-111kb.png?nocache=1

And just in case you're interested in mods I have installed then here is the list:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

000_AT_Utils - 1.5
[x] Science! - 5.11
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9.2
BARIS - 1.4.8
CameraTools - 1.9
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.7
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
CollisionFX - 4.0
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.7.2
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
Contract Configurator - 1.23.3
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.0.1
Contract Pack: Exploration Plus - 1.0.1
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.2
Contract Parser - 1.0.7
Crowd Sourced Science - 4.1.2
Deadly Reentry - 7.6.2
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.23.7
DestructionEffects - 1.7
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.5.6471.31118
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.16
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.8.1
Firespitter - 7.6
Freight Transport Tech - 0.8
GalileosPlanetPack - 1.6.0.1
HyperEdit - 1.5.4
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.9
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.7.6468.41490
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
KerbalHealth - 1.1
Konstruction - 0.3
Kopernicus - 1.3.1.2
KRASH - 0.5.25.1
KronalVesselViewer - 0.0.8
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPWheel - 0.10.5.21
Lights Out - 0.2.2
MagiCore - 1.3
Malemute Rover - 0.4
MKS - 0.53
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE - 1.0.3
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Precise Maneuver - 2.3.2
Progress Parser - 1.0.8
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.5.1
RealChute - 1.4.5
RealPlume - Stock - 1.0
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
SCANsat - 1.1.8.1
SETI-Rebalance - 1.3.0.2
ShipManifest - 5.2
Sigma LoadingScreens - 0.3.3
Sigma Replacements: Descriptions - 0.2.3
Sigma Replacements: SkyBox - 0.2
Sigma Replacements: Suits - 0.2.1
Sigma Replacements: Textures - 0.2
SmartParts - 1.9.8
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
StateFundingContinued - 0.6.13
StationPartsExpansionRedux - 1.0
Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - 1.6.6484.37549
TakeCommandContinued - 1.4.11
TextureReplacerReplaced - 0.5.4
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.5
TimeControl - 2.8.3
Toolbar - 1.7.15
Trajectories - 1.7.1
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
Unmanned before Manned - 1.3.0.2
USI Core - 0.5
USI Tools - 0.10.1
USI-LS - 0.7
Waypoint Manager - 2.7

Thats all.

ps: oh and I have a quick question here. Is it compatible with other stars? For example, GPP adds one more star that is included in the star system - it has a very high orbit though. Its just like an another celestial body in the system but it is a star. Will it provide radiation once a vessel is close to it? Im asking this because its not a planet - I know ppl have already asked about adding radiation to gas giants for example. But what about a star? Also Kopernicus treats it like a proper star now. Solar panels work, heating works, sunflares work.

Thank you and have a great day!

Edited by atomontage

23 minutes ago, garwel said:

Can you attach the output log? I included a handler for kerbal renaming in 1.0, but it doesn't seem to work in this case.

Um sure

output.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KmlA_2tx_YonmaRUxoVP1bCe0AqOek5T/view?usp=sharing
ksp.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J68ogFuojvW0Go57lokUGGhnpo1Cd25R/view?usp=sharing

Edited by atomontage

4 hours ago, atomontage said:

Are you sure it' the correct output log (the former one)? I don't see Kerbal Health mentioned there at all.

2 hours ago, garwel said:

Are you sure it' the correct output log (the former one)? I don't see Kerbal Health mentioned there at all.

I've just checked - yeah, output.log seems to be obsolete. I believe it persisted through the copying process. I have like 6 KSP installs. Two of them are for testing (like for this case when I needed pure stock).
But still it is from the correct directory. It seems KSP didn't refresh it at all since the last.. crash I think?
And ksp.log is ok.

Is it enough for you? Or should I do something else to produce more logs?

No, actually I need the output_log.txt. It is where all debug logging is made.

PS: Does GPP rename the kerbals only once (when they are hired) or does it keep renaming them throughout the game?

Edited by garwel

No, actually I need the output_log.txt. It is where all debug logging is made.

Ok, I've found it under %APPDATA%. I've reuploaded it to Google Drive and the link remains the same. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KmlA_2tx_YonmaRUxoVP1bCe0AqOek5T/view?usp=sharing

PS: Does GPP rename the kerbals only once (when they are hired) or does it keep renaming them throughout the game?

I believe it only remains them once. I didn't play it much though. The reason to rename is that it replaces Kerbin with Gael so it also renames kerbalnauts to Gaeleans instead of Kermans so it makes sense.

17 minutes ago, atomontage said:

Ok, I've found it under %APPDATA%. I've reuploaded it to Google Drive and the link remains the same. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KmlA_2tx_YonmaRUxoVP1bCe0AqOek5T/view?usp=sharing

I believe it only remains them once. I didn't play it much though. The reason to rename is that it replaces Kerbin with Gael so it also renames kerbalnauts to Gaeleans instead of Kermans so it makes sense.

I also saw in your screenshot that it gives them titles like Capt, PhD, etc. Or is it another mod?

6 hours ago, garwel said:

I also saw in your screenshot that it gives them titles like Capt, PhD, etc. Or is it another mod?

I believe its just a part of a name. But I'm not sure...
No, its not a different mod. Its GPP that renames kerbals.

Edited by atomontage