[1.8+] Kerbal Health 1.6.8 (2024-01-22)

garwel

6 minutes ago, William516 said:

Downloaded the newest version of Kerbal health from the website, and it does not come with any install instructions.  So I unzipped the files and copied them into the Gamedata folder.  When i went into the game and started a new career I do not see anything related to Kerbal Health.  I do not see an icon or stats showing the current level of health.  It does appear that kerbal health is working because in the messages I do see something about special quirks for the characters that are in the spaceship.  I never saw that before.  I just don't see that icon to see the full stats.  I'm using KSP 1.4.4 and just wanted to know if anyone has it working for 1.4.4.

It should work ok with KSP 1.4.4. Can you show a screenshot of your GameData\KerbalHealth folder and the output log?

Will check and get back to you.

I was also running other mods and TAC-LS, I had uninstalled the kerbalism mod to try it out,  I had read that TAC-LS worked well along side of it.  I also was using CKAN with it so maybe that is a problem.  I will have to try a fresh install of it and see what happens but i will try and get back to you with the log and screenshot.  

Thanks 

Bill

KH should install from CKAN without any issues. It doesn't conflict with most mods, Kerbalism being a rare exception.

You should see the red cross icon in the AppLauncher or Blizzy's Toolbar in most screens when Kerbal Health is installed.

Kerbalhealth doesn't even show under CKAN.  At least not in ksp 1.4.4.  It doesn't show under compatible mods, it shows up under old mods and does not have an option to install.  So I thought that I could just simply download and install the contents of the zip files into the gamedata folder and make it work that way.

Bill

10 hours ago, William516 said:

Kerbalhealth doesn't even show under CKAN.  At least not in ksp 1.4.4.  It doesn't show under compatible mods, it shows up under old mods and does not have an option to install.  So I thought that I could just simply download and install the contents of the zip files into the gamedata folder and make it work that way.

I think linuxgurugamer is right and your CKAN is not configured correctly. In any case, manual installation is also an option. Effectively, it's what CKAN does: downloads and unzips the file into the GameData folder. Make sure you also have Module Manager installed and up to date or many features won't work.

Hey, @garwel quick FYI about the OKS/MKS configs. There are 3 nuclear reactors in the USI mod suite which come included with MKS, but none of them emit radiation for the purposes of this mod. I checked and there definitely aren't configs for them to do so. I'm going to implement my own patch in the meantime but I thought you'd want to know for the next release so you can add them yourself.

2 hours ago, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

Hey, @garwel quick FYI about the OKS/MKS configs. There are 3 nuclear reactors in the USI mod suite which come included with MKS, but none of them emit radiation for the purposes of this mod. I checked and there definitely aren't configs for them to do so. I'm going to implement my own patch in the meantime but I thought you'd want to know for the next release so you can add them yourself.

Which ones do you mean specifically? There are five USI_Nuke_xxx reactors and two PDUs, all of which have radioactivity configs (see KHMKS.cfg patch). By contrast, Plutonium-based reactors don't have such configs by design for reasons I explained in the previous page.

1 hour ago, garwel said:

Which ones do you mean specifically? There are five USI_Nuke_xxx reactors and two PDUs, all of which have radioactivity configs (see KHMKS.cfg patch). By contrast, Plutonium-based reactors don't have such configs by design for reasons I explained in the previous page.

The Nuke_xxx reactors are the ones I was referring to and it looks like they're not being recognized by module manager because the part is referenced in the config as USI_Nuke_xxx when they are in actuality called simply Nuke_xxx.

Edited by ThatOneBritishGuy...

6 hours ago, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

The Nuke_xxx reactors are the ones I was referring to and it looks like they're not being recognized by module manager because the part is referenced in the config as USI_Nuke_xxx when they are in actuality called simply Nuke_xxx.

Are you looking at file names or their content? What matters here is the 'name' value, not the file name. And these configs have lines like this:

name = USI_Nuke_125

Kerbal Health 1.2.1

• Compiled for KSP 1.4.5 (should be compatible with 1.4.x)
  • Added: Planets and moons now have individual configuration (defined in KerbalHealth.cfg and modified manually or with MM patches) for their magnetospheres' and atmospheres' effects on radiation. Configs for stock and OPM bodies included. See specifics in the wiki.
  • Added: Support for nested moons (i.e. moons orbiting other moons), moons in very low orbit and other complex body configuration
  • Added: Kerbals who discover an anomaly can now gain a free quirk (chance is defined in the settings)
  • Changed: In Health Monitory, kerbals that have <1 day until they become tourists or die are shown in red; those that have more time left are in orange
  • Changed: KSP-IE reactors' radioactivity has been rebalanced; included configs for recently added reactors
  • Changed: Part radioactivity has been changed slightly (rounded to the nearest 5)
  • Changed: Operator/Logic entries in quirk configs is now case-insensitive ("or" and "Or" are both ok)
  • Fixed: Game Addict quirk not working properly
  • Fixed: Parts' radiation had different effect if your day length was not 6 hours

Download here

2 hours ago, HFer Kerman said:

Gosh this is a marvelous mod! Been looking for something like this for a long time:D

I think you can add a feature about KIS and KAS that healthy kerbals have a larger interaction range while unhealthy ones’ are smaller:)

I don't know if it's something you can manipulate from another mod. But I like the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 5:04 AM, garwel said:

Changed: In Health Monitory, kerbals that have <1 day until they become tourists or die are shown in red; those that have more time left are in orange

As per my suggestion a few weeks ago. Thanks for listening! It does look a lot better.

I attempted to install Kerbal Health for 1.4.2 via ckan. (I just noticed it installed v1.2, which is for 1.4.3, so this might explain this, but it's still weird).

For some reason, any time I attempted to run ksp with your 70KB mod, ksp's memory usage would shoot through the roof, exceeding 12GB during the game launch, and forcing windows to shut ksp to prevent memory loss. (I have 16GB of ram).

For reference, without your mod, it's currently chilling on the main menu at 4.5GB.

My only guess is some sort of crazy memory leak.

Would this really just be caused by the ksp being 1.4.2, or is there something else going on here?

(I unfortunately don't appear to have logs of this, as apparently my computer dumped them rather than write to permanent memory).

I do have an excessive number of mods, of course, (120 according to ckan), though an additional 8GB of memory usage to bring it to 121 seems unreasonable.

Edited by NightHawk043

On 8/27/2018 at 8:35 PM, NightHawk043 said:

I attempted to install Kerbal Health for 1.4.2 via ckan. (I just noticed it installed v1.2, which is for 1.4.3, so this might explain this, but it's still weird).

For some reason, any time I attempted to run ksp with your 70KB mod, ksp's memory usage would shoot through the roof, exceeding 12GB during the game launch, and forcing windows to shut ksp to prevent memory loss. (I have 16GB of ram).

For reference, without your mod, it's currently chilling on the main menu at 4.5GB.

My only guess is some sort of crazy memory leak.

Would this really just be caused by the ksp being 1.4.2, or is there something else going on here?

(I unfortunately don't appear to have logs of this, as apparently my computer dumped them rather than write to permanent memory).

I do have an excessive number of mods, of course, (120 according to ckan), though an additional 8GB of memory usage to bring it to 121 seems unreasonable.

The mod does use some RAM, of course, but it shouldn't be anything of this order of magnitude. Without logs or anything, my only guess is it's a conflict with one of your other 120 mods. I used a lot of them myself (101 to be exact), but never encountered anything like this. Do you use any mods that change game mechanics such as Kerbalism? You can try to isolate the culprit by running the game with only Kerbal Health (hopefully without issues) and then adding more mods until you see which one is causing the conflict. I understand that it's going to be hard with 120 mods, but I can't do anything about it otherwise.

23 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

Are the Wild Blue mods, specifically MOLE, Pathfinder & DSEV, supported?

As the opening post says, DSEV is supported. KH tries its best to adapt to any parts mods, but right now there is no native support for MOLE or Pathfinder. I may try to make time to include it in the next release if someone needs it. Or you can make the patches yourself (use this spreadsheet for reference). If you submit a PR, I will include it in the release.

1 hour ago, garwel said:

The mod does use some RAM, of course, but it shouldn't be anything of this order of magnitude. Without logs or anything, my only guess is it's a conflict with one of your other 120 mods. I used a lot of them myself (101 to be exact), but never encountered anything like this. Do you use any mods that change game mechanics such as Kerbalism? You can try to isolate the culprit by running the game with only Kerbal Health (hopefully without issues) and then adding more mods until you see which one is causing the conflict. I understand that it's going to be hard with 120 mods, but I can't do anything about it otherwise.

Well, I gave it another go, and am both pleased and insanely frustrated to say that after leaving the computer to think about what it's done for 48 hours, the issue has apparently resolved itself with no human intervention.

When I tried previously (with multiple uninstalls and installs of various mods), the memory invariably spiralled out of control about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through loading. The crash dumps were simply empty 0B files. 

With Zero changes (other than a 2 day lag), on reinstalling kerbal health it now launched and is chilling at 4.6GB of active ram. As a computer scientist, there's nothing I find more annoying than a transient bug.

Btw I guessed you'd be unable to do anything without log files, but I figured I'd post just on the off-chance anyone else had encountered something similar and not mentioned it in the thread.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for it, in case it chooses to strike again.

Glad it resolved itself. My only guess is a corrupt installation of Kerbal Health or another mod, possibly an MM patch conflict. Could be some other application on your computer interfering. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

I just noticed that v1.2.1 was mistakenly marked as pre-release in Github. If you use CKAN, it might not show up in the list of updated mods. The OP link was also incorrect for the same reason. Everything should be fixed now and CKAN will be refreshed soon.

FYI, the revamp of events and conditions is going well. I already have most of the features and am polishing stuff. However, such a massive change will require a lot of testing, so don't hold your breath. Next I'll do the microgravity mechanics overhaul and then, if I have time, will turn to UI improvement.

Looks very interesting....

Quick question. re: "Kerbals who discover an anomaly can now gain a free quirk"

Does this apply to Just the first Kerbal(s) who discovers it? or do all Kerbals who visits the same Anomaly in later missions get a chance?

[EDIT]: in reading the quirks wiki, it appears that Only 1 Kerbal in the initial discovery mission might get a quirk. &)

Installing. :D

Ok looking at the quirks wiki, I wonder how much of the info is available in game. Adding a page to the Kerpedia in game might be helpful.  :) I did not spot a kerpedia file in a quick review of the file contents

Edited by BlackHat

I use stock progress tracking system to check when an anomaly is discovered. As far as I can tell, it fires only the first time an anomaly is visited (unmanned vessels included). If there are more than one kerbals in the vessel, one of them is picked at random for the bonus. Note that it doesn't seem to work in Sandbox mode and I don't know about Science mode.

You only get description of the quirks in-game when a kerbal acquires one. My Unity skills are too bad to make a KSPedia page and I haven't come up with a good idea how to show it with existing UI. So you only have two options: see wiki on Github or read the KerbalHealth.cfg file. Or you can just experiment and see what happens.