[1.8+] Kerbal Health 1.6.8 (2024-01-22)

garwel

I'm still using the previous version, but I ran into an interesting bug.  When playing in sandbox, with kerbal experience off, new hires begin with 100hp despite being level 5.  The vets are all added with 150 to start, but new hires are at level 0 status with no way to gain experience.

Also, has there been any thought in how to integrate USI's Scout class into Kerbal Health?  They have no skills, but are much more tolerant to crowding.

Edited by overkill13

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all -

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year...  I just started to use this mod and I have all enabled.. no Kerbal had died [thank you Kerbal community] , however due to exhaustion, one of the pilots is not a tourist.. will they [after a set time] return to active duty? 

8 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Hi all -

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year...  I just started to use this mod and I have all enabled.. no Kerbal had died [thank you Kerbal community] , however due to exhaustion, one of the pilots is not a tourist.. will they [after a set time] return to active duty? 

AFAIK, For the most part, they will not return to active duty, Unless you can reduce his exhaustion.

But the only way to do that is reduce his loneliness (give him a friend), Reduce his claustrophobia, (increase his living space), Or he moves into an area with less remoteness. (ie move nearer Kerbin). Also Certain parts (such as the Cupola) provide a Recuperation bonus. So pretty much unless you can dock another larger, nicer ship to his, he will never recover.

Since most of these you cant really change, you need to plan ahead and make sure you know how long you Kerbals will last before becoming exhausted and plan your missions accordingly, or give them very nice ships....

13 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Exhaustion kicks in when your kerbal has less than 20% of his/her health points (if you didn't change the default settings). In order to fix it, you need to raise their health to at least 25%. Now, basically, there are only two ways to improve kerbal's health. The best one is to bring her home and give her some time to recover.

If it's not an option, you'll need to bring her to a vessel (or, perhaps, dock a vessel to her ship) with good recuperation bonuses. Recuperation is provided by parts such as the Cupola or many others introduced by mods. You'll need to do it quick though: her health continues to decline and she will die when it reaches 0.

@BlackHat gave you the right advice: plan ahead and prepare for contingencies. As in real life, if something bad happens to your astronauts in deeps space, you may not have time to save them.

Me again -

I am really liking this mod @garwel , I like how I am having to be more mindful of the kebals vs, just waiting for their food supplies, etc.

Using Stock parts, in my 1.5.1 game, having a station that is made up of an MPL and 3 Hitchhikers, I can keep 2 kerbals in space for about 105 days; just curious in regards to the radiation.. does it stack?  or are they only protected by the module that they are in vs the entire station.

6 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Me again -

I am really liking this mod @garwel , I like how I am having to be more mindful of the kebals vs, just waiting for their food supplies, etc.

Using Stock parts, in my 1.5.1 game, having a station that is made up of an MPL and 3 Hitchhikers, I can keep 2 kerbals in space for about 105 days; just curious in regards to the radiation.. does it stack?  or are they only protected by the module that they are in vs the entire station.

Radiation shielding and exposure is calculated per vessel (unless you manually changed the config files). There is a formula, which you can find in the wiki, but basically, the more shielding and the fewer crew seats the vessel has, the lower the exposure. You can view these stats in the Editor if you open Health Report or in the detailed view of the corresponding kerbal in-flight.

37 minutes ago, garwel said:

Radiation shielding and exposure is calculated per vessel (unless you manually changed the config files). There is a formula, which you can find in the wiki, but basically, the more shielding and the fewer crew seats the vessel has, the lower the exposure. You can view these stats in the Editor if you open Health Report or in the detailed view of the corresponding kerbal in-flight.

Thanks , per vessel .. should be interesting to get to duna now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm wondering if there are any adverse effects of installing this mod with an in-progress game? For example, I have several Kerbals in space right now on a small space station. Will this automatically update them with Heath stats, etc.? Or do I need to have new Kerbals aboard?

Also, perhaps I missed it, this mod doesn't use/require anything with Oxygen or Food for the Kerbals? Like, these types of resources don't affect their health either way?

Thanks for all your work on this mod. It looks super-detailed and really very cool!

Edited by scottadges

2 hours ago, scottadges said:

Hi there, I'm wondering if there are any adverse effects of installing this mod with an in-progress game? For example, I have several Kerbals in space right now on a small space station. Will this automatically update them with Heath stats, etc.? Or do I need to have new Kerbals aboard?

Also, perhaps I missed it, this mod doesn't use/require anything with Oxygen or Food for the Kerbals? Like, these types of resources don't affect their health either way?

Thanks for all your work on this mod. It looks super-detailed and really very cool!

You can add it to an existing game. Kerbals who have leveled up will gain the appropriate extra health (+10 per level IIRC) and may gain random perks. (I think its 50% chance, so some certainly will.) There are good and bad perks.

[I recall when I added it to my first game, I had a Kerbal who had just started a mission to Mimnus, he picked up 2 bad perks, claustrophobia? (2x health loss for loneliness) and an illness, so by the time he reached Mimnus orbit, I realized he was losing health very fast. I cancel the planed landing and tried to get him back to Kerbin fast, but he died an hour before re-entry.]  So Probably best to add the mod when all Kerbals are either On Kerbin or LKO.

No this mod does not use Food or 0so these will not impact them in any way for the mod.  This mod focuses it's health debits on: Being away from Kerbin, (space is empty and depressing) Being in confined spaces (Capsules are small and cramped) and loneliness. (I'm not alone, I got me, myself, and I. The three of us will be just fine...Right guys?...Guys?) 

Thanks for confirming my questions and clarifying about resources.

I've started using the mod and already seeing I have to think a little differently how I keep my Kerbals aboard the space station, for example. It's made this playthrough a lot more interesting to have to think about these things.

Also, really liking the efficient interface. It's giving me a lot of real-time data that makes it easy to track the Kerbals and decide what to do with them as their health increases/decreases.

To anyone looking at something like this as an option for your game, I highly recommend this mod!

Hi @garwel, loving the mod so far. Combined with TACLS it adds the perfect level of challenge.

I do have one small issue to report though, I'm seeing this unhelpful message spammed repeatedly in my log when 2 crewed vessels come into physics range of each other:

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:get_name ()
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthStatus.HealthChangePerDay () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthStatus.Update (Double interval) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthList.Update (Double interval) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.UpdateKerbals (Boolean forced) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This error  stops after a save-load/scene change/vessel switch, but often (not always) when I try to save  I get:

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:get_name ()
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthStatus.HealthChangePerDay () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthStatus.Update (Double interval) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthList.Update (Double interval) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.UpdateKerbals (Boolean forced) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.OnSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.Updated () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickSaveLoad.doSave (System.String filename, System.String screenMsg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickSaveLoad.quickSave (Boolean saveAs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at QuickSaveLoad.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And I am unable to save the game until I switch vessels.

This might be related to EVA, as every time I have encountered it so far is during an "undock, land, eva, board, rendezvous" cycle, and on EVAing a kerbal I see:

Exception handling event onVesselCreate in class VesselStatsManager:System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.Add (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TrackResource.VesselStatsManager.OnVesselCreate (.Vessel Vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I am unsure if this one is caused by Kerbal health (though I have never seen it without KH installed), if it is causing the errors later on, or if it is completely unrelated.

Mods & game release:

Spoiler

KSP Version: 1.5.1.2335

Installed Modules:

- AntennaHelper 1:v1.0.5
- AviationLights v4.0.6
- B9PartSwitch v2.5.1
- BackgroundResources v0.13.11.0
- BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.5.5
^ BonVoyage 0.14.0_-_New_voyage
- ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.6.10
- CommunityCategoryKit 4.0.0.0
- CommunityResourcePack 1.0.0.0
- CommunityTechTree 1:3.3.6
- ContractConfigurator 1.27.1
- ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4
- ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.1
- ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.1.2
- ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2
- CriticalTemperatureGauge 1.5.1.0
- CryoEngines 1:0.6.3
- CryoTanks 1.0.3.0
- CustomBarnKit 1.1.19.0
- DebugStuff (unmanaged)
- DecouplerShroud 0.6.0
- DeployableEngines 0.5.3
- DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.2
- DMagicScienceAnimate v0.20
- DockRotate v1.6.1.22
- DynamicBatteryStorage 2:1.3.3.0
- EditorExtensionsRedux 3.3.19.10
X EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.4.2-2
- EvaFuelCont 1.6.5.3
X FelineUtilityRovers 1.2.9
- FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.15.9.6
- FirespitterCore v7.11.0
- FuseBoxContinued 0.1.16.7
* Goodspeed v.1.8.12
- HangerExtenderExtended 3.5.3.4
- HeatControl 0.4.8
- HideEmptyTechNodes 1.0.5
- HyperEdit 1.5.8.0
- ImprovedAblator (unmanaged)
X JDLiquidFuelCell 1
- K2CommandPodCont 1.1.8.5
- KAS 1.1
- KeepItStraight 1.0.5
- KEI 1.2.9.4
X KerbalAlarmClock v3.10.0.0
- KerbalAtomics 1:0.5.3
- KerbalAtomics-NFECompatibility 0.5.3
- KerbalHacksDroptankWrapper 1.0
- KerbalHealth v1.3.4
- KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.7
- KIS 1.16
- KramaxAutopilotContinued 0.3.6.2
- KSPRescuePodFix 1.4.2.12
- MechJeb2 2.8.1.0
- MemGraph 1:1.1.1.5
* Mk2Expansion 2:1.8.3.4
- ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.6.0
- ModuleManager 4.0.1
- NavballDockAlignIndCE 1.0.4.4
- NearFutureConstruction 1.0.4
- NearFutureElectrical 0.10.4
- NearFutureElectrical-Core 0.10.4
- NearFutureLaunchVehicles 1.1.7
- NearFutureProps 1:0.3.5
- NearFutureSolar 0.8.13
- NearFutureSolar-Core 0.8.13
- NearFutureSpacecraft 1.0.1
X OrbitalSurveyPlus 2.3.6
- RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.9.7.4
- RealChute v1.4.7.1
- RecycledPartsMk2Essentials 0.1.6
- RecycledPartsMk2KISContainers 0.1.6
- RecycledPartsMk2SolarBatteries 0.1.6
- REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.3.0
- ScienceRevisitedRevisited 1.7.1
X SciFiVisualEnhancements v1.5
- SensiblePumpsCont 1.2.6.3
- StageRecovery 1.9.0.7
- StationPartsExpansionRedux 1.0.11
- Strategia 1.7.3
- surfacelights 1.9
- TACLS v0.13.11.0
- TextureReplacer v3.5
- ToolbarController 1:0.1.6.20
X Trajectories vKSP1.4.2-v2.2.0
- TriggerAu-Flags v2.9.3.0
- TrimIndicator 1.5.1.0
* UniversalStorage2 1.6.0.9
- WaterTanks v1.6
- WaypointManager 2.7.4
- WorldStabilizer 0.9.3
X xScience vV5.17
- ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.0.5.2

I can provide a save and a full log if it helps, though I see nothing else out of place in said log.

Edited by steve_v

Interesting. Would you try enabling "Debug Mode" in Kerbal Health settings and then sending me/uploading the entire log when you encounter it again?

PS: Also note that you are playing KSP 1.5.1 with Kerbal Health 1.3.4, which was compiled for KSP 1.6. I don't think it's a problem (I didn't change code, just recompiled it), but it might be.

PPS: The last exception in your post is most definitely not caused by KH, because it doen't handle OnVesselCreate events. But it can be a sign of some mod incompatibility.

Edited by garwel

29 minutes ago, garwel said:

The last exception in your post is most definitely not caused by KH, because it doen't handle OnVesselCreate events.

Further testing reveals that Kerbal health is not the culprit at all, and that error there is indeed the initiator of everything else. You can relax now, it's not you. :P
Having removed FuseBox,  all the errors I reported have gone away. So has the NaN kraken that began striking my stations shortly after I posted the report, prompting me to do a proper binary search to find the mod causing it.

How something as seemingly benign as an EC monitoring mod can cause any of this is beyond me, but I was having some similar (though less catastrophic, only NaN EC amount) problems a while back with AmpYear, which has similar functionality.
This leads nicely to...

29 minutes ago, garwel said:

But it can be a sign of some mod incompatibility.

I'd say you are right. FuseBox and... DynamicBatteryStorage's manipulation of resources? Maybe? Dunno really, Might investigate further tomorrow.

Edited by steve_v

Love the mod, I foresee a lot of drama coming out of the events it'll create. I also love the idea of "training" kerbals: hiring/rescuing and leveling way more than I need and visiting anomalies to get more quirks, then picking the cream of the crop for my deep space missions. By the way, am I correct in understanding that anomalies only give quirks when your space agency first discover them? So if I discover an anomaly with a probe, I miss out on quirks that I could have gotten if I did it with a kerbal?

Also, is it possible to edit how health factors work or add new factors? I see the cfg file for quirks and conditions but not one for factors, and I only see the options ingame to make the effects bigger or smaller.

I was thinking of changing the system somewhat so that it wouldn't be possible to die from crowding or loneliness alone, but a ship without proper amenities would turn kerbals into tourists and leave their hp low enough that accidents or disease could kill them. Maybe giving all kerbals some baseline recuperation, so that their hp would naturally settle around tourist level if cramming them into pods with nothing else, or making the nonlethal negative health factors based on decay.

Anyhow thanks for the wonderful mod and detailed documentation :)

Edit: also, is there a way to see a kerbal's quirks when in the VAB/SPH?

Edited by 1straycat

1 hour ago, 1straycat said:

Love the mod, I foresee a lot of drama coming out of the events it'll create. I also love the idea of "training" kerbals: hiring/rescuing and leveling way more than I need and visiting anomalies to get more quirks, then picking the cream of the crop for my deep space missions. By the way, am I correct in understanding that anomalies only give quirks when your space agency first discover them? So if I discover an anomaly with a probe, I miss out on quirks that I could have gotten if I did it with a kerbal?

Kerbal Health uses stock event OnProgressComplete, which registers discovery of anomalies, and I haven't tested it extensively, but I guess it should work this way.

Also, is it possible to edit how health factors work or add new factors? I see the cfg file for quirks and conditions but not one for factors, and I only see the options ingame to make the effects bigger or smaller.

I was thinking of changing the system somewhat so that it wouldn't be possible to die from crowding or loneliness alone, but a ship without proper amenities would turn kerbals into tourists and leave their hp low enough that accidents or disease could kill them. Maybe giving all kerbals some baseline recuperation, so that their hp would naturally settle around tourist level if cramming them into pods with nothing else, or making the nonlethal negative health factors based on decay.

Anyhow thanks for the wonderful mod and detailed documentation :)

Edit: also, is there a way to see a kerbal's quirks when in the VAB/SPH?

You can't add or edit factors right now beyond changing their power in the in-game settings. You can do something like that by adding custom health conditions (see wiki for details): they have rather powerful logic and can be tweaked in many ways. The main drawback is that conditions are checked, on average, once per game day, so they don't emulate fast-changing situations in real time.

Maybe I'll eventually switch all factors into conditions or make them customizable. I'm afraid it will hit performance badly and will make it harder for the 90% non-expert players to customize stuff for them (after all, few people will open config files, most will prefer the in-game sliders).

You can't see qurks from VAB/SPH now. Maybe I'll add it later, if it's really useful.

I'm experimenting with adding recuperation to every module, which kind of gets at the behavior I wanted (replacement for USI's habitation). With 3.5% recuperation on every capsule and the hp bonus per level reduced to 5, a craft under typical conditions full of lvl 0 kerbals lasts a few weeks before they become exhausted and stabilizes around 0% hp, with which it would theoretically be possible to survive a long transfer as a tourist, but any accident or disease will kill. A craft full of lvl 5 kerbals stabilizes around 20% hp, at which any adverse event will exhaust them and quite easily kill as well. Much easier than default, as not much more room is needed for comfortable interplanetary transfers, but I feel USI's lifesupport already forces enough lead blocks on my craft :P

21 hours ago, garwel said:

Kerbal Health uses stock event OnProgressComplete, which registers discovery of anomalies, and I haven't tested it extensively, but I guess it should work this way.

Just tested and confirmed it does indeed work that way.

21 hours ago, garwel said:

You can't see qurks from VAB/SPH now. Maybe I'll add it later, if it's really useful.

I think it would be extremely useful. After all, those quirks can significantly impact how long your kerbals stay in good health and should be something one takes into account for planning and crew assignment. I have no idea how hard or feasible it would be, but it would be awesome if one could see hp, quirks, and conditions upon mouseover the way USI shows its kolonist info:

aKtepjt.png

Just using the health monitor shown in flight and space center would be good, too.

A few other observations/suggestions from my testing and tinkering:

1. Warp gets disrupted a lot if you have many assigned kerbals. An interplanetary transfer can take several minutes of just dismissing alerts and restarting warp. A way to disable the warp stopping would be great. Some finer control there might be even better besides just disabling all; perhaps dividing them into urgent alerts (kerbal has sepsis, low health, death) and less urgent (negative condition ends, panic attack, accident at high hp). And maybe allow one to disable alerts from non focused ships, as one can do with kerbals in the KSC. Or maybe even decide which vessels to track or not? It's hard to see an easy solution here, as the micromanagement is both the point and the problem. Ideally, one's stations or planetary bases should be stable for long periods so you can focus on other things.

2. The MK3 cargo bays provide rad shielding, but the cargo bay ramp does not. No idea if it's intentional, and I just tweaked the config for myself, but you might want to do that in the mod itself, and perhaps add shielding to MK2 bays, service bays, and fairings, too.

3. The wiki health factors page shows the old values for confinement and EVA hp loss.

1. Warp gets disrupted a lot if you have many assigned kerbals. An interplanetary transfer can take several minutes of just dismissing alerts and restarting warp. A way to disable the warp stopping would be great. Some finer control there might be even better besides just disabling all; perhaps dividing them into urgent alerts (kerbal has sepsis, low health, death) and less urgent (negative condition ends, panic attack, accident at high hp). And maybe allow one to disable alerts from non focused ships, as one can do with kerbals in the KSC. Or maybe even decide which vessels to track or not? It's hard to see an easy solution here, as the micromanagement is both the point and the problem. Ideally, one's stations or planetary bases should be stable for long periods so you can focus on other things.

Actually, unwarp doesn't happpen for kerbals at KSC. You can also disable notificaitons via in-game settings. It's easy to add an option to turn off unwarp altogether, but then you risk losing a kerbal to some minor thing if you miss a notification.

2. The MK3 cargo bays provide rad shielding, but the cargo bay ramp does not. No idea if it's intentional, and I just tweaked the config for myself, but you might want to do that in the mod itself, and perhaps add shielding to MK2 bays, service bays, and fairings, too.

This is by design. The idea is that the Mk3 cargo bay is large enough to fit some kerbals (e.g. in external seats) inside, which doesn't seem true for other cargo bays or service bays.

3. The wiki health factors page shows the old values for confinement and EVA hp loss.

The EVA figure is correct, but the confinement one is wrong. Fixed it. Thank you!

1 hour ago, garwel said:

Actually, unwarp doesn't happpen for kerbals at KSC. You can also disable notificaitons via in-game settings. It's easy to add an option to turn off unwarp altogether, but then you risk losing a kerbal to some minor thing if you miss a notification.

I was referring not to kerbals at KSC, but assigned kerbals on ships/stations/bases other than the one you're focusing on. For example, let's say in late career I have self-sustaining refueling/resupply bases on the Mun, Duna, Moho, Eve, Laythe and Tylo. I've built them big enough and with enough recuperation and facilities that their residents' hp will stay fairly high and almost every problem will solve itself without my attention. Any base on a planet outside Kerbin SOI basically has to be self sufficient anyway. I'd want a way to ignore these bases, maybe only getting alerts if they have serious conditions or hp reaches some threshold, so I can focus on my more active ships.

1 hour ago, garwel said:

This is by design. The idea is that the Mk3 cargo bay is large enough to fit some kerbals (e.g. in external seats) inside, which doesn't seem true for other cargo bays or service bays.

Ah. I thought it was just the thick mass, as with heatshields and water and structural panels giving shielding. The MK3 ramp door should still qualify! Not a big deal anyway, as it's so easily configurable.

Hi @garwel,

Love your mod (because I only experienced a few aborts so far, but I'll consider you personally responsible for any Kerbal death in the future). It truly adds the depth I seek to the game. I have a few questions and suggestions :

• The planning window in the VAB would benefit from being a bit more comprehensive. It is difficult to tell, even with the wiki open next to you, why some Kerbals have different stats or which part affects the confinement malus and how. So it would be nice if we had every factor affecting the HP modifiers on display. Maybe in a separate window.
  • Is there any way to know how Kerbal Health interacts with the other supported mods? I can't find anything on DeepFreeze. (I will conduct tests, but is there any documentation somewhere?)
  • On that regard, I reckon DeepFreeze would be very nicely integrated in KH. First, with a chance on thawing for the Kerbal to get wounded/killed/made exhausted, second, with a mandatory health debuff/immunity drop for a short time after thawing. You would therefore have to invest even more on recuperation facilities, increasing further the cost of freezing your crew rather than bringing life support.
  • It would be useful to have a warning pop-up when launching a vehicle with a Kerbal suffering from low health/wounded/sick. (Didn't test everything)

15 hours ago, PunkyFickle said:

Hi @garwel,

Love your mod (because I only experienced a few aborts so far, but I'll consider you personally responsible for any Kerbal death in the future). It truly adds the depth I seek to the game. I have a few questions and suggestions :

• The planning window in the VAB would benefit from being a bit more comprehensive. It is difficult to tell, even with the wiki open next to you, why some Kerbals have different stats or which part affects the confinement malus and how. So it would be nice if we had every factor affecting the HP modifiers on display. Maybe in a separate window.

All parts effects are shows in tooltips when you hover mouse over that part in the construction window. Just scroll to health modules. Maybe I'll add a detailed view some day. What stops me right now is my total lack of Unity and designer skills. To be honest, making a usable UI with code in KSP is perhaps my least favorite task.

• Is there any way to know how Kerbal Health interacts with the other supported mods? I can't find anything on DeepFreeze. (I will conduct tests, but is there any documentation somewhere?)
  • On that regard, I reckon DeepFreeze would be very nicely integrated in KH. First, with a chance on thawing for the Kerbal to get wounded/killed/made exhausted, second, with a mandatory health debuff/immunity drop for a short time after thawing. You would therefore have to invest even more on recuperation facilities, increasing further the cost of freezing your crew rather than bringing life support.

DeepFreeze support at the moment is limited to keeping track of kerbals while they are frozen (because, behind the scenes, DF marks them "dead", so the mod needs to remember they are just very, very cold). They are immune to any random events such as illnesses or accidents and neither gain nor lose health, but they still accumulate radiation like they would in real life. I think I'll get around to playing more with DeepFreeze in not so distant future and perhaps will incorporate some of your ideas.

• It would be useful to have a warning pop-up when launching a vehicle with a Kerbal suffering from low health/wounded/sick. (Didn't test everything)

It looks like a good idea and shouldn't be hard to implement.