[1.8+] Kerbal Health 1.6.8 (2024-01-22)

garwel

50 minutes ago, garwel said:

You are playing with an old version of the mod. This issue was fixed in v0.5.2.

Thanks!

If you're interested, your mod is one of the main ones in my Ita YT serie, link in my signature.

Thanks for your mod.

Another bug I'm afraid. Both the Kerbals in my space station keep getting their health change figure switched from -1.40 to -12.50, which keeps giving me quite a scare! I've not been able to work out when it gets switched yet, but switching back to the station fixes it until it gets switched back again. I've noticed it a few times. Log file link:

http://latenightpartnership.com/KSP_log2.rar

3 hours ago, OldMold said:

Feature request for future versions: can the healthmodule just be always on for crewed parts? It's weird that you can just turn it off. 

The module usually requires EC, so you should be able to switch it off to save some power. But you can add alwaysActive = true line to module definitions in CFG files (KHStock.cfg etc., depending on what mods you use) and you won't be able to deactivate it.

3 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Another bug I'm afraid. Both the Kerbals in my space station keep getting their health change figure switched from -1.40 to -12.50, which keeps giving me quite a scare! I've not been able to work out when it gets switched yet, but switching back to the station fixes it until it gets switched back again. I've noticed it a few times. Log file link:

http://latenightpartnership.com/KSP_log2.rar

Can you enable debug mode in Kerbal Health settings and attach the output log and the persistent file?

My first guess is that your station may be entering shadow, running out of EC, disabling KH modules (which results in greater health drain) and then re-enabling them (although it shouldn't happen automatically IIRC). But -12.50 still looks way too much if you use default settings.

Edited by garwel

Sure, np:

http://latenightpartnership.com/KH_stuff.rar

The affected vessel is Station One. I'm fairly sure it's not an EC problem (although I might be running out too). At least one situation where it seems to happen is leaving physics range in another vessel. I'm fairly sure there are others. The only change I've made to the mod's settings is making the assignment penalty zero, to make up for the lack of RT integration. The worst total penalty I've seem apart from this aberrant -12.5 is -6.5 on a fully crowded vessel with no enhancements.

7 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Sure, np:

The affected vessel is Station One. I'm fairly sure it's not an EC problem (although I might be running out too). At least one situation where it seems to happen is leaving physics range in another vessel. I'm fairly sure there are others. The only change I've made to the mod's settings is making the assignment penalty zero, to make up for the lack of RT integration. The worst total penalty I've seem apart from this aberrant -12.5 is -6.5 on a fully crowded vessel with no enhancements.

Thanks. At first glance, I don't see anything outstanding here. The problem may be with the Health Monitor window displaying wrong data. I'll see if I can reproduce the error.

4 hours ago, 影之瑒 said:

If it will support kerbalism,that will be much more intresting

:cool:

Development is on hold right now until KSP 1.3 is released, but Kerbalism support is planned.

Edited by garwel

Hey, a couple of things:

1. That bug I had is still around. I've worked out that the severe negative thing is always 0.5+3*number of kerbals (so -12.5 with two kerbals on the vessel, -18.5 with three, etc). No idea why though! It usually triggers when I'm leaving physics range of the vessel, but maybe other times as well.
  2. The marginal health system doesn't seem to work when the vessel isn't loaded. 

15 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Hey, a couple of things:

1. That bug I had is still around. I've worked out that the severe negative thing is always 0.5+3*number of kerbals (so -12.5 with two kerbals on the vessel, -18.5 with three, etc). No idea why though! It usually triggers when I'm leaving physics range of the vessel, but maybe other times as well.
  2. The marginal health system doesn't seem to work when the vessel isn't loaded. 

Thank you. I've logged these issues and will come back to them as soon as I resume development (i.e. after KSP 1.3 is out). Besides, in the station where you experience the negative spikes, do you have any parts with health modifiers? What are these?

UPD: I looked at the log you gave and it looks like you didn't enable Debug Mode in Kerbal Health settings. Can you enable it, reproduce the error again and send me the log please? It will then have much more useful data and help find the bug sooner.

Edited by garwel

On 01/04/2017 at 6:10 PM, garwel said:

Thank you. I've logged these issues and will come back to them as soon as I resume development (i.e. after KSP 1.3 is out). Besides, in the station where you experience the negative spikes, do you have any parts with health modifiers? What are these?

UPD: I looked at the log you gave and it looks like you didn't enable Debug Mode in Kerbal Health settings. Can you enable it, reproduce the error again and send me the log please? It will then have much more useful data and help find the bug sooner.

I'm sorry, I could have sworn I did! I'll try again.

I'm using three health modifying parts, each of my own spec. I thought I'd got these right, but all this could just be down to my own ineptitude :s

Spoiler

@PART[CXA_GymHab]:NEEDS[CxAerospace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKerbalHealth
        hpMarginalChangePerDay = 2
        ecConsumptionPerKerbal = 1
    }

}

@PART[CXA_NapHabV1]:NEEDS[CxAerospace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ecConsumptionPerKerbal = 2
        multiplyFactor = Crowded
        multiplier = 0.75
        crewCap = 2
    }

}

I've got one of the first and two of the second. I'm not saying these are balanced or anything, but I think they're technically correct?

The marginal health bonuses definitely don't seem to work unless the vessel is focused. When it's focused, each kerbal as a different (lower) rate of change, but as soon as I switch away, they all change to an identical value.

6 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

I'm sorry, I could have sworn I did! I'll try again.

I'm using three health modifying parts, each of my own spec. I thought I'd got these right, but all this could just be down to my own ineptitude :s

Hide contents

@PART[CXA_GymHab]:NEEDS[CxAerospace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        hpMarginalChangePerDay = 2
        ecConsumptionPerKerbal = 1
    }

}

@PART[CXA_NapHabV1]:NEEDS[CxAerospace]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ecConsumptionPerKerbal = 2
        multiplyFactor = Crowded
        multiplier = 0.75
        crewCap = 2
    }

}

I've got one of the first and two of the second. I'm not saying these are balanced or anything, but I think they're technically correct?

The marginal health bonuses definitely don't seem to work unless the vessel is focused. When it's focused, each kerbal as a different (lower) rate of change, but as soon as I switch away, they all change to an identical value.

The code looks technically correct. I'm eagerly waiting for your debug log, so that I can see what was happening inside. I understand you had 2 kerbals on the station, and how much capacity does it have?

15 hours ago, garwel said:

The code looks technically correct. I'm eagerly waiting for your debug log, so that I can see what was happening inside. I understand you had 2 kerbals on the station, and how much capacity does it have?

Here you go:

Both bugs I described happened during this session. My only flight was to change crews with the station, and the spike in ill health happened as I moved out of range, as described before. The configuration of the station's changed a bit over time, but it's got space for about 10 kerbals.

6 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Here you go:

Both bugs I described happened during this session. My only flight was to change crews with the station, and the spike in ill health happened as I moved out of range, as described before. The configuration of the station's changed a bit over time, but it's got space for about 10 kerbals.

Thank you. I have some ideas what can cause the bug and will fix it (if I can) in the next release. It will come out after KSP 1.3.

I've just updated the pre-release version. It may or may not solve the issue with unloaded vessels (I haven't tested it enough yet). Find it here.

UPD: Note that ModuleManager is not compatible with KSP 1.2.9 as of now, so you won't be able to use part modules (and it means no marginal health bonuses or multipliers for you) until it is updated.

Edited by garwel

27 minutes ago, garwel said:

I've just updated the pre-release version. It may or may not solve the issue with unloaded vessels (I haven't tested it enough yet). Find it here.

Is there a health bonus if a Kerbal is landed on a body different than Kerbin? I'm still in 1.2.2, slowly reaching the point of sending a manned mothership to Duna, with a surface base. As far as I understand the mod, there isn't a way to make a Kerbal last so long, am I right? Except for Deep Freeze of course.

Edited by Nansuchao

1 minute ago, Nansuchao said:

Is there a health bonus if a Kerbal is landed on a body different than Kerbin? I'm still in 1.2.2, slowly reaching the point of sending a manned mothership to Duna, with a surface base. As far as I understand the mod, there isn't a way to make a Kerbal last so long, am I right? Except for Deep Freeze of course.

There is a penalty of -0.5 HP/day (by default) for being in microgravity, i.e. in (sub)orbital flight or at <0.1 g. So landing on Duna will remove that factor. However, for long missions like that you will want to use a marginal health bonus provided by the Cupola or some MKS parts. You can read in mod's wiki more details about it, but the point is, this bonus allows you to have kerbals' health stabilize at a certain level (depending on the amount of that bonus, measured in %, their max HP, and existing health factors). Some users reported issues with that bonus in unloaded vessels, so it's best to make sure everything works as expected before sending that ship.

48 minutes ago, garwel said:

There is a penalty of -0.5 HP/day (by default) for being in microgravity, i.e. in (sub)orbital flight or at <0.1 g. So landing on Duna will remove that factor. However, for long missions like that you will want to use a marginal health bonus provided by the Cupola or some MKS parts. You can read in mod's wiki more details about it, but the point is, this bonus allows you to have kerbals' health stabilize at a certain level (depending on the amount of that bonus, measured in %, their max HP, and existing health factors). Some users reported issues with that bonus in unloaded vessels, so it's best to make sure everything works as expected before sending that ship.

Thanks, I'll follow your suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

Awsome mod!

On my wish list: Being able to choose an other resource than Ec as input to make the health module work!
Exemple:

@PART[mKitchenModule]
{
    MODULE
    {
        inputPerKerbal = [email protected]
        multiplyFactor = Loneliness
        multiplier = 0.25

}
}

Keep up the good work, this mod is on my must have list!

Edited by flack

7 hours ago, flack said:

On my wish list: Being able to choose an other resource than Ec as input to make the health module work!

Thanks! I'll see how hard it is.

UPD: It looks very easy. Will implement it in the next release (0.6.0) if testing goes ok.

Edited by garwel

• 4 weeks later...