[1.8+] Kerbal Health 1.6.8 (2024-01-22)

garwel

9 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Three questions:

One, if a kerbal dies from lack of health and "Missing Crews Respawn" is on in the difficulty settings, does that kerbal respawn?

Two, if they do, how much health do they have on respawn?

Three, if they do not, is it possible to remove death at zero health?

I never tested it, but I expect him/her to respawn. But they will probably be treated as a brand new kerbal, so their HP will be restored, radiation dose returned to 0 and all quirks and conditions removed. You can disable death in the in-game settings.

8 hours ago, dlrk said:

Would a 1.4.5 backport be possible?

No, but you can download v1.3.0, which is compatible with KSP 1.4.x. The difference with v1.3.1 is minimal.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:03 AM, garwel said:

I haven't played with GPP, but if someone makes a custom config for its bodies, I can incorporate it into the mod. Or I can take it up myself eventually, but no promises here. Creating planet configs is very easy; I'll add a wiki entry for it or you can just check out KerbalHealth.cfg and use the configs there.

@Norcalplanner I did those pretty quickly (and for GEP as well so @OhioBob knows) and I'm trying to write a custom health quirk unique to GPP. But I will need garwel to proofread it and for you to playtest it. I have not used Kerbal Health yet so I have no sense of scale for the radioactivity factor, however, and wondering what strength of effect (say, in a reference video or an IRL disaster) this compares to.

Concerning the matter with Angel-125, I do hope something can be done about turning crew into tourists. We've seen USI damage people's careers far too much with turning crew into tourists at wrong times, and inabilities to turn crew back from tourists.

@JadeOfMaar I'm in the process of creating a new install atm, and would be happy to test this.

Based on my experience with Kerbal Health in my GEP Primary career, I would suggest that surface radiation on Thalia should be at least 10x-20x of what it is for standard interplanetary space. Having to choose between heavily shielded landers which are less efficient, and lighter craft which risk the crew's immediate and long-term health should be a real choice for the player. And a Kerbal on EVA should be nervously looking at his watch and Geiger counter every minute that he's on the surface.

48 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Norcalplanner I did those pretty quickly (and for GEP as well so @OhioBob knows) and I'm trying to write a custom health quirk unique to GPP. But I will need garwel to proofread it and for you to playtest it. I have not used Kerbal Health yet so I have no sense of scale for the radioactivity factor, however, and wondering what strength of effect (say, in a reference video or an IRL disaster) this compares to.

For reference, the total cosmic radiation just outside Kerbin's SOI is 20,000 bananas/day, in low orbit it is approximately 3,000 (thanks to magnetosphere and occlusion by the planet) and on the surface it is about 20. Remember that these values are usually several times lower for adequately shielded vessels. By contrast, kerbals on EVA receive 5 times more radiation. Every 1,000,000 bananas dose takes away 1% of kerbal's max health.

So radiation usually accumulates slowly over years to have some visible effect. You may, of course, change it and make some radiation source so powerful that it will zap a kerbal in hours or minutes. But then it should be (1) more or less realistic and (2) balanced so that it is actually possible to get there and out quickly enough.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm trying to write a custom health quirk unique to GPP.

Although I know it's in your backstory for GPP that Thalia and Gauss have high levels of radiation, I think there are other planets as well that should have magnetic fields and radiation belts.  You might take a look at my old Kerbalism configs to get some ideas.

Spoiler

// ============================================================================
// Radiation environments for GPP bodies
// ============================================================================

RadiationBody:NEEDS[GPP]
{
	name = Ciro
	radiation_model = heliopause
	radiation_pause = -0.020
}
{
	name = Icarus
	radiation_model = icarus
	radiation_inner = 0.01
}
{
	name = Thalia
	radiation_model = thalia
	radiation_inner = 1.0
	radiation_outer = 0.2
	radiation_pause = -0.005
}
{
	name = Niven
	radiation_model = ionosphere
	radiation_pause = -0.005
}
{
	name = Gael
	radiation_model = earth
	radiation_inner = 10.0
	radiation_outer = 2.0
	radiation_pause = -0.010
}
{
	name = Tellumo
	radiation_model = earth
	radiation_inner = 20.0
	radiation_outer = 2.0
	radiation_pause = -0.010
}
{
	name = Gratian
	radiation_model = irregular
	radiation_pause = -0.005
}
{
	name = Otho
	radiation_model = giant
	radiation_inner = 175.0
	radiation_outer = 6.0
	radiation_pause = -0.010
}
{
	name = Gauss
	radiation_model = giant
	radiation_inner = 125.0
	radiation_outer = 4.0
	radiation_pause = -0.010
}
{
	name = Catullus
	radiation_model = earth
	radiation_inner = 5.0
	radiation_outer = 1.0
	radiation_pause = -0.010
}
{
	name = Nero
	radiation_model = giant
	radiation_inner = 150.0
	radiation_outer = 5.0
	radiation_pause = -0.010
}
{
	name = Grannus
	radiation_model = heliopause
	radiation_pause = -0.020
}

The radiation_inner and radiation_outer settings (positive numbers) are for bodies that have radiation belts of trapped changed particles that increase the radiation dose.  And the radiation_pause setting (negative numbers) are for bodies having a magnetic field that provides some protection from solar and cosmic charged particles.  Many bodies have both, such as Earth.  Our magnetic field both protects us and traps particles within zones.

Obviously the Kerbalism numbers won't work in Kerbal Health, but it might give you some ideas for relative values of radiation and protection between the different bodies.  I have no idea how Kerbal Health works, but if there is anything I can do to help figure things out, just ask.

Edited by OhioBob

@garwel

For some background on Thalia from the GPP wiki:

"Thalia is one of two H-class bodies (the most inhospitable kind for colonization) and one of the three most difficult bodies to prepare advanced surface operations for. The other two being Catullusand Leto. Three factors define the curse and unique fear factor of this planet: the face, a visible feature which makes grown kerbals cry; a distinct lack of general purpose (most) resources -- a real scare to landers in general and to users of life support mods; and an environmental hazard which spans far and wide on a scale not yet known to kerbalkind."

20 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

The radiation_inner and radiation_outer settings (positive numbers) are for bodies that have radiation belts of trapped changed particles that increase the radiation dose.  And the radiation_pause setting (negative numbers) are for bodies having a magnetic field that provides some protection from solar and cosmic charged particles.  Many bodies have both, such as Earth.  Our magnetic field both protects us and traps particles within zones.

Obviously the Kerbalism numbers won't work in Kerbal Health, but it might give you some ideas for relative values of radiation and protection between the different bodies.  I have no idea how Kerbal Health works, but if there is anything I can do to help figure things out, just ask.

Unlike Kerbalism, Kerbal Health doesn't simulate radiation belts. Its model is much simpler. A magnetic field, if it exists, blocks some of the cosmic radiation and has two levels: high orbit (by default, 30% of radiation reaches that area) and low orbit (20% reaches there). By default, all planets have a magnetic field and moons don't. Atmospheres are an even better shielding: only 20% (of the radiation that made it to the low orbit altitude) reaches upper atmosphere and only 1% reaches low atmosphere.

These nominal values can be changed by setting magnetosphere and atmosphericAbsorption values. Those are exponential, e.g. if you set magnetosphere = 2, the low-orbit will have 20%^2 = 4% of radiation. See the wiki for details.

1 hour ago, garwel said:

See the wiki for details.

That was helpful.  I take it that the border between high and low are defined by flyingAltitudeThreshold and spaceAltitudeThreshold?

I don't see any reason why we can't come up with something for GPP.  However, rather than just having one set of numbers for planets and another for moons, I'd like to customize it based on body size (bigger bodies likely have a stronger magnetic field) and atmospheric density.  And I'm guessing @JadeOfMaar might want to make Thalia radioactive.

Below are the GPP planets listed in order of mass.  I think the magnetic field strength should be, at least in part, proportional to mass.  Therefore the larger planets should provide more shielding for the high and low orbit conditions.  Augustus is about Mars size, so I'm saying anything smaller is too small to have an appreciable magnetic field.

Spoiler

Nero (67.4 Gael masses)
Otho (31.3)
Gauss (17.9)
Tellumo (5.3)
Catullus (3.6)
Gael (1.0)
Gratian (0.63)
Niven (0.22)
Augustus (0.12)

Below are the planets listed in order of atmospheric area density.  The more massive the atmosphere, the more shielding it should provide for the flying high and low conditions.

Spoiler

Otho (168 tons/m2)
Nero (160)
Gauss (150)
Tarsiss (85)
Catullus (57)
Tellumo (54)
Hadrian (23)
Gael (10)
Gratian (6.9)
Augustus (3.0)
Niven (2.5)
Hox (0.74)
Leto (0.43)

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

I take it that the border between high and low are defined by flyingAltitudeThreshold and spaceAltitudeThreshold?

This is correct. Also note that the celestial body itself occludes some of the radiation (50% at sea level and the less the higher you go).

@garwel, @JadeOfMaar, below is what I've come up with for GPP.  I've included both a cfg and a table that shows what I think the results are.  I hope I did it right.  I'd like someone to check me to make sure I'm understanding the math correctly.

I think the magnetosphere and atmosphericAbsorption numbers are reasonable, but I'm certainly open to other opinions.  Regarding Thalia, radioactivity = 1000 is just a placeholder.  I have no idea what a good number is to use for that; we'll have to figure something out.

Spoiler

//// CUSTOM COFIGS FOR CELESTIAL BODIES ////

// GPP configs

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Icarus
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Thalia
	magnetosphere = 0
	radioactivity = 1000
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Eta
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Niven
	magnetosphere = 0
	atmosphericAbsorption = 0.2
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[GPP,!GPP_Secondary]
{
	name = Kerbin
	magnetosphere = 1
	atmosphericAbsorption = 1
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[GPP,GPP_Secondary]
{
	name = Gael
	magnetosphere = 1
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Iota
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Ceti
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Tellumo
	magnetosphere = 1
	atmosphericAbsorption = 1.2
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Lili
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Gratian
	magnetosphere = 0.25
	atmosphericAbsorption = 0.7
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Geminus
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Otho
	magnetosphere = 2
	atmosphericAbsorption = 1.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Augustus
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Hephaestus
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Jannah
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Gauss
	magnetosphere = 1.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Loki
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Catullus
	magnetosphere = 0.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Tarsiss
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Nero
	magnetosphere = 2.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Hadrian
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Narisse
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Muse
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Minona
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Agrippina
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Julia
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Hox
	magnetosphere = 0
	atmosphericAbsorption = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Argo
	magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
	name = Leto
	magnetosphere = 0
	atmosphericAbsorption = 0
}

Spoiler

Thalia    Niven     Gael  Tellumo  Gratian     Otho  Augustus   Gauss  Catullus  Tarsiss    Nero  Hadrian   Others

magnetosphere                                  0        0        1        1     0.25        2        0      1.5      0.5        0      2.5        0        0
atmosphericAbsorption                          0      0.2        1      1.2      0.7      1.5      0.2      1.5      1.2      1.2      1.5        1        0
radioactivity                               1000        0        0        0        0        0        0        0        0        0        0        0        0

% of cosmic radiation reaching,                                                    
   high orbit                               100%     100%      30%      30%      74%       9%     100%      16%      55%     100%       5%     100%     100%
   low orbit                                100%     100%      20%      20%      67%       4%     100%       9%      45%     100%       2%     100%     100%

% of that reaching low orbit that reaches,                                                    
   upper atmosphere                         100%      72%      20%      14%      32%       9%      72%       9%      14%      14%       9%      20%     100%
   lower atmosphere                         100%      40%       1%     0.4%       4%     0.1%      40%     0.1%     0.4%     0.4%     0.1%       1%     100%

% of total cosmic radiation that reaches,                                                    
   upper atmosphere                         100%      72%       4%       3%      22%     0.4%      72%       1%       6%      14%     0.2%      20%     100%
   lower atmosphere                         100%      40%     0.2%     0.1%       3%   0.004%      40%    0.01%     0.2%     0.4%   0.002%       1%     100%

Edited by OhioBob

@OhioBob That looks very similar to what I came up with. (Note, Tarsiss is missing an 's' in your code block, and the entry for Gael needs to have :NEEDS[GPP_Secondary]. There is a preset for Kerbin, and Gael will likely have the Kerbin preset applied to it.

Spoiler

My sample includes GEP too, and overall may be OP since I don't know better. :sticktongue:

// GPP
PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[KerbalHealth]
{
	name = Icarus
	magnetosphere = 0
}
{
	name = Thalia
	magnetosphere = 0.4
	radioactivity = 2000
}
	{
		name = Eta
		magnetosphere = 0.2
	}
{
	name = Niven
	magnetosphere = 0.4
	atmosphericAbsorption = 0.4
}
PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[KerbalHealth,GPP_Secondary]
{
	name = Gael
	magnetosphere = 1
}
{
	name = Tellumo
	magnetosphere = 1.5
	atmosphericAbsorption = 2
}
{
	name = Gratian
	magnetosphere = 0.6
	atmosphericAbsorption = 0.6
}
{
	name = Otho
	magnetosphere = 2.5
}
	{
		name = Augustus
		magnetosphere = 0.1
	}
	{
		name = Hephaestus
		magnetosphere = 0.3
	}
{
	name = Gauss
	magnetosphere = 2
	radioactivity = 1000
}
	{
		name = Catullus
		magnetosphere = 1.5
		atmosphericAbsorption = 2
	}
	{
		name = Tarsiss
	}
{
	name = Nero
	magnetosphere = 2.5
}
	{
		name = Hadrian
		atmosphericAbsorption = 0.4
	}
{
	name = Hox
	magnetosphere = 0.2
	atmosphericAbsorption = 0.1
}
{
	name = Leto
	magnetosphere = 0
}

// GEP
{
	name = Taranis
	magnetosphere = 0
	radioactivity = 150
}
PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[KerbalHealth,!GEP_Primary]
{
	name = Nodens
	magnetosphere = 1.1
}
{
	name = Sirona
	magnetosphere = 2.5
}
	{
		name = Brovo
	}
	{
		name = Damona
		radioactivity = 80
	}
{
	name = Epona
	magnetosphere = 0.6
	atmosphericAbsorption = 0.8
}
{
	name = Cernunnos
	magnetosphere = 0.1
}

Edited by JadeOfMaar

31 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@OhioBob That looks very similar to what I came up with. (Note, Tarsiss is missing an 's' in your code block, and the entry for Gael needs to have :NEEDS[GPP_Secondary]. There is a preset for Kerbin, and Gael will likely have the Kerbin preset applied to it.

Yeah, I forgot about the Gael vs. Kerbin naming thing.  I've fixed it.  I didn't put the NEEDS[KerbalHealth] in my cfg because I wrote in a format for inclusion in the Kerbal Heatlth.  It looks like you wrote your cfg with the intent that it would be included in GPP.  That's something we'll have to decide.

I haven't really looked too close at your numbers yet, but I will.   I'll probably put it into some sort of a table where we can compare your numbers and mine side-by-side.

@garwel, based on your explanation, I presume that if a body has been given no magnetosphere and/or atmosphericAbsorbtion values, then both parameters default to 1 if it's a planet, and 0 if it's a moon?  And as I understand it, even if a moon has no magnetosphere of its own, it will still be protected by the magnetosphere of the planet it is orbiting if that planet has a magnetosphere.  For instance, Mun receives only 30% cosmic radiation because it is in orbit high around Kerbin.  Is that correct?  And if the moon also has a magnetosphere and/or atmosphere, the effects combine.  For instance, let's say Mun has a thin atmosphere that reduces the radiation at the surface to 40%.  Since the radiation reaching Mun has already been reduced to 30%, thanks to Kerbin's magnetosphere, then the total amount reaching Mun's surface would be 30% * 40% = 12%.  Is that how it works?

Edited by OhioBob

5 hours ago, OhioBob said:

@garwel, based on your explanation, I presume that if a body has been given no magnetosphere and/or atmosphericAbsorbtion values, then both parameters default to 1 if it's a planet, and 0 if it's a moon?  And as I understand it, even if a moon has no magnetosphere of its own, it will still be protected by the magnetosphere of the planet it is orbiting if that planet has a magnetosphere.  For instance, Mun receives only 30% cosmic radiation because it is in orbit high around Kerbin.  Is that correct?  And if the moon also has a magnetosphere and/or atmosphere, the effects combine.  For instance, let's say Mun has a thin atmosphere that reduces the radiation at the surface to 40%.  Since the radiation reaching Mun has already been reduced to 30%, thanks to Kerbin's magnetosphere, then the total amount reaching Mun's surface would be 30% * 40% = 12%.  Is that how it works?

Yes, that's right.

@JadeOfMaar, now that @garwel has confirmed the math works the way I thought it did, below are our number side-by-side for comparison.  The percentages include all the combined effects, so the values represent the amount of total cosmic and solar radiation that will make it through.  (Not included is the radiation immitted by the body itself.)  We can go with your values or mine, or some combination of the two.  Look it over and see if there is anything you'd like to change.  If I were to do my numbers over again, I might give Niven a weak magnetosphere, and Hox and Leto a small amount of atmospheric absorption; otherwise I like my numbers.  I really don't think the smaller bodies would have much, if any, magnetosphere.

Spoiler

------------OhioBob------------    -----------JadeOfMaar-----------
                      OhioBob         JadeOfMaar       High    Low     Upper               High    Low     Upper    
                    M    A    R       M    A    R      Orbit   Orbit   Atmo.   Surface     Orbit   Orbit   Atmo.   Surface

Icarus              0    0    0       0    0    0      100.00% 100.00% 100.00% 100.00%     100.00% 100.00% 100.00% 100.00%
Thalia              0    0 1000     0.4    0 2000      100.00% 100.00% 100.00% 100.00%      61.78%  52.53%  52.53%  52.53%
   Eta              0    0    0     0.2    0    0      100.00% 100.00% 100.00% 100.00%      48.56%  44.78%  44.78%  44.78%
Niven               0  0.2    0     0.4  0.4    0      100.00% 100.00%  72.48%  39.81%      61.78%  52.53%  27.59%   8.33%
Gael                1    1    0       1    1    0       30.00%  20.00%   4.00%   0.20%      30.00%  20.00%   4.00%   0.20%
   Iota             0    0    0       0    0    0       30.00%  30.00%  30.00%  30.00%      30.00%  30.00%  30.00%  30.00%
   Ceti             0    0    0       0    0    0       30.00%  30.00%  30.00%  30.00%      30.00%  30.00%  30.00%  30.00%
Tellumo             1  1.2    0     1.5    2    0       30.00%  20.00%   2.90%   0.08%      16.43%   8.94%   0.36%   0.00%
   Lili             0    0    0       0    0    0       30.00%  30.00%  30.00%  30.00%      16.43%  16.43%  16.43%  16.43%
Gratian          0.25  0.7    0     0.6  0.6    0       74.01%  66.87%  21.68%   2.66%      48.56%  38.07%  14.50%   2.40%
   Geminus          0    0    0       0    0    0       74.01%  74.01%  74.01%  74.01%      48.56%  48.56%  48.56%  48.56%
Otho                2  1.5    0     2.5    1    0        9.00%   4.00%   0.36%   0.00%       4.93%   1.79%   0.36%   0.02%
   Augustus         0  0.2    0     0.1  0.2    0        9.00%   9.00%   6.52%   3.58%       4.37%   4.20%   3.04%   1.67%
   Hephaestus       0    0    0     0.3    0    0        9.00%   9.00%   9.00%   9.00%       3.44%   3.04%   3.04%   3.04%
   Jannah           0    0    0       0    0    0        9.00%   9.00%   9.00%   9.00%       4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%
Gauss             1.5  1.5    0       2    1 1000       16.43%   8.94%   0.80%   0.01%       9.00%   4.00%   0.80%   0.04%
   Loki             0    0    0       0    0    0       16.43%  16.43%  16.43%  16.43%       9.00%   9.00%   9.00%   9.00%
   Catullus       0.5  1.2    0     1.5    2    0        9.00%   7.35%   1.07%   0.03%       1.48%   0.80%   0.03%   0.00%
   Tarsiss          0  1.2    0       0    1    0       16.43%  16.43%   2.38%   0.07%       9.00%   9.00%   1.80%   0.09%
Nero              2.5  1.5    0     2.5    1    0        4.93%   1.79%   0.16%   0.00%       4.93%   1.79%   0.36%   0.02%
   Hadrain          0    1    0       0  0.4    0        4.93%   4.93%   0.99%   0.05%       4.93%   4.93%   2.59%   0.78%
   Narisse          0    0    0       0    0    0        4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%       4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%
   Muse             0    0    0       0    0    0        4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%       4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%
   Minona           0    0    0       0    0    0        4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%       4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%
   Agrippina        0    0    0       0    0    0        4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%       4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%
   Julia            0    0    0       0    0    0        4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%       4.93%   4.93%   4.93%   4.93%
Hox                 0    0    0     0.2  0.1    0      100.00% 100.00% 100.00% 100.00%      78.60%  72.48%  61.70%  45.73%
  Argo              0    0    0       0    0    0      100.00% 100.00% 100.00% 100.00%      78.60%  78.60%  78.60%  78.60%
Leto                0    0    0       0  0.1    0      100.00% 100.00% 100.00% 100.00%     100.00% 100.00%  85.13%  63.10%

M = magnetosphere, A = atmosphericAbsorption, R = radioactivity

Edited by OhioBob

@garwel, we've decided on the following custom configs for Galileo's Planet Pack and Grannus Expansion Pack.  You said you'd be willing to add this to Kerbal Health, so we'd be grateful if you can do that.  If you see any problems with the configs, please let me know.  I've included every celestial body in GPP and GEP, which may be more than is necessary.  Many of the bodies, specifically moons, have the same settings as they would have by default, so including them in list may be redundant.  If you want be to remove these redundancies to trim the list down in size, I can do that.  Thanks for all your help.

Spoiler

//// CUSTOM COFIGS FOR CELESTIAL BODIES ////

// GPP configs

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Icarus
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Thalia
    magnetosphere = 0
    radioactivity = 1000
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Eta
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Niven
    magnetosphere = 0.1
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[GPP,!GPP_Secondary]
{
    name = Kerbin
    magnetosphere = 1
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[GPP,GPP_Secondary]
{
    name = Gael
    magnetosphere = 1
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Iota
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Ceti
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Tellumo
    magnetosphere = 1
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Lili
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Gratian
    magnetosphere = 0.25
    atmosphericAbsorption = 0.7
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Geminus
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Otho
    magnetosphere = 2
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Augustus
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Hephaestus
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Jannah
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Gauss
    magnetosphere = 1
    atmosphericAbsorption = 0.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Loki
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Catullus
    magnetosphere = 0.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Tarsis
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Nero
    magnetosphere = 2.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Hadrian
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Narisse
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Muse
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Minona
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Agrippina
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Julia
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Hox
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Argo
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Leto
    magnetosphere = 0
}

// GEP configs

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Taranis
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[GEP,!GEP_Primary]
{
    name = Nodens
    magnetosphere = 1
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG:NEEDS[GEP,GEP_Primary]
{
    name = Kerbin
    magnetosphere = 1
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Sirona
    magnetosphere = 1.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Airmed
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Brovo
    magnetosphere = 0
    atmosphericAbsorption = 0.5
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Damona
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Epona
    magnetosphere = 0.25
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Rosmerta
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = RAB-58E
    magnetosphere = 0
}

PLANET_HEALTH_CONFIG
{
    name = Cernunnos
    magnetosphere = 0
}

@garwel Concerning OhioBob's post above, I must mention for clarity that there are alternate modes that GPP and GEP can operate in, and they include addon mods to trigger these modes.

• GPP, by default, replaces Kerbin and Sun, (and deletes all the stock worlds), but GPP_Secondary makes GPP leave the stock system alone and spawn as a remote star system.
  • GEP by default does not replace Kerbin and is only an addon mod, but GEP_Primary makes it replace the stock system, including Kerbin and Sun.

NICE WORK! I love this realism, I would suggest adding compatibility with kerbalism(<-so when kerbals having a problem, for example, hardened breathing due to low oxygen they will drain health much faster) and make curing radioactive sickness too a suggestion is to create parts as medical clinics.so they can help cure quirks and help healing 

here is a question I see that kerbal permanently loose maximum health due to radiation but does radiation or/and maximum health cured and restored back to normal when you recover kerbals back to KSC  for a long time?

1 hour ago, Norcalplanner said:

@tonimark

Speaking as an enthusiastic user of the mod, I view as an alternative to Kerbalism, since both contain habitation and radiation mechanics. Making the two compatible would be a huge task, especially considering all the other subsystems that Kerbalism that touches.

yeah and what about my question? does the radiation or health level reset on recovery? or stays the same 

@tonimark I view Kerbal Health as roughly, but not exactly, "Kerbalism's health and radiation subsystems split into its own mod. Players that want this unique portion of Kerbalism but easy to mix with other life support mods finally have it." Making these two compatible is somewhat of a pointless venture. It is nothing like parts mods where you can just get away with installing more mods that add the exact same sort of parts--there's no possibility for them to get in each other's way. If you know how to, create your own Kerbalism "profile" where these Kerbalism features are disabled, then try this mod, filling that gap.

Have you read the OP? Kerbals' max HP grow as they level up, and they do heal (but not instantly) with flying low on Kerbin or especially back a KSC and in Available status. I cannot give you a sure answer however, about recovering lost max HP.

About parts, I have been asked to make sick bays for Kerbalism, and I'm making them... These parts will be offered to this mod as well. (While I view the mods as mutually exclusive, I wish that the parts not be locked into just one of them.)

46 minutes ago, tonimark said:

yeah and what about my question? does the radiation or health level reset on recovery? or stays the same 

Kerbals recover back to their maximum health when on Kerbin.  However, maximum health slowly degrades based on cumulative radiation exposure, and there's no way (yet) to reverse this process.  That said, a Kerbal starts with 100 HP and adds 10 per level of experience, up to a max of 150.  The most I've ever lost in a single Kerbal in properly designed ships is 5 health points, and that was an interplanetary explorer who spent several years in space outside of any planetary SOI.  The health loss is really a way to force you to consider radiation shielding in your designs and make your stations and motherships even more massive.

40 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@tonimark I view Kerbal Health as roughly, but not exactly, "Kerbalism's health and radiation subsystems split into its own mod. Players that want this unique portion of Kerbalism but easy to mix with other life support mods finally have it."

With a touch of crew R&R because of the time-based health recovery mechanic.  All of this should be couched in my lack of recent Kerbalism experience, since I haven't played with it for several iterations of KSP.

Edited by Norcalplanner
Clarified

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there -

This is going to be a dumb question, but how does work with TAC Life Support?

I ask , as I put a text craft on the launch pad to watch another mod, I got the warning about their health, but no food was consumed and I realize that this might be a TAC thing, but this is a new mod to me and I thought I would ask here first.