[1.8+] Kerbal Health 1.6.8 (2024-01-22)

garwel

Homely
Less likely for Courageous kerbals

• 200% KSC factor effect
  • 200% Home factor effect
  • 50% Assigned factor effect when in Kerbin's SOI
  • 150% Assigned factor effect when in outside Kerbin's SOI

First 2 quirks in my game, that was gotten by Val and Jeb are Homely, so no badass exclusive, I assume.

Are the desert Launchsite and Airfield also anomalies? Val got 2 quirks by visiting the Pyramids, and recovering from the dessert airfield, not sure about timing of getting second quirk.

Edited by flart

On 10/9/2019 at 10:53 PM, flart said:

First 2 quirks in my game, that was gotten by Val and Jeb are Homely, so no badass exclusive, I assume.

Are the desert Launchsite and Airfield also an anomalies? Val got 2 quirks by visiting the Pyramids, and recovering from the dessert airfield, not sure about timing of getting second quirk.

The mod treats anomalies according to stock rules. TBH, I don't know if the alternative launch pad and airfield are considered anomalies, because I don't use them. If they are, well, you are lucky because you get an extra quirk.

Edited by garwel

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

When using this with USI-LS do I need to tweak the hab settings anywhere, or does everything just work together?

I recommend that you disable USI-LS habitation, because KH basically does the same thing but in a much more detailed way. Otherwise you will have to track both health and habitation values. The only conflict that may arise is if both mods start simultaneously turning the kerbal into a tourist and back.

14 hours ago, ShakeNBake said:

Would it be at all possible to assign high radiation levels to various orbital altitudes in order to make radiation belts?

No. Kerbal Health has a simpler radiation model; radiation is getting lower the closer you come to the planet. You can only define how strong the planet's magnetosphere is (the stronger, the less radiation) and whether the planet itself is radioactive.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, flart said:

I believe the message about the quirks isn't sent for quirks, achieved by level up. I have settings "do not achieve quirk on the flight", and after a spacebus taking a ride to an orbit with fresh scientists, 2 of them have got a quirk, but message didn't appear after a rescue.

log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hiJ0TnpK-X-kXDyN?e=FVrQEH 

The likely explanation is that your kerbals level up at KSC and you have a setting not to bother you with messages about events at KSC. Obviously, acquisition of quirks should be an exception. I'll check it and fix for the next release (which is going to be a big one). Thanks for the report.

Also the greenhouses and the aquaculture from the StationPartsExpansionRedux isn't very helpful, when LS mods aren't installed. 
Something like increased maxAmount of RadiationShielding, a loneliness multiplier (talking to veggies), and a recuperation (being around plants) for the greenhouses, 
and I'm not that modules make sense for the aquaculture.

1 hour ago, flart said:

Also the greenhouses and the aquaculture from the StationPartsExpansionRedux isn't very helpful, when LS mods aren't installed. 
Something like increased maxAmount of RadiationShielding, a loneliness multiplier (talking to veggies), and a recuperation (being around plants) for the greenhouses, 
and I'm not that modules make sense for the aquaculture.

I'll think about it, but note that KH is not supposed to replace life support mods, but to augment them. So if a certain part is made specifically with life support mods in mind and you don't use any, you may not need these parts at all. In turn, Kerbal Health makes use of many parts that life support mods ignore (e.g. Hitchhiker or the Cupola).

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MacGregor said:

Loving this mod! Quick question, Bill suddenly turned into a tourist and has stayed that way for days after returning to full health. A quirk is that he is a loner. Will he stay a tourist forever? 

No, this must be a glitch. Are you sure he was made Tourist by KH? Do you also use other life support mods? Care to share the persistent file?

7 hours ago, MacGregor said:

So now, the Kerbal Health button has disappeared in the game. It's still there in settings and in the VAB parts still have Kerbal Health data. I uninstalled and reinstalled Kerbal Health but no change. 

I will need the persistent.sfs and, preferably, KSP.log files to see what's wrong.

• 1 month later...

Kerbal Health turns 3 today, and here is my little birthday gift. I am releasing the first beta of the upcoming 1.4 update.

Please note that it is a beta, so it may contain bugs and/or be unbalanced. I plan more changes (although less substantial) before the full release, so this version is more intended for testing. Backup your saves!

Kerbal Health 1.4-pre.1

• KSP 1.7.3 and earlier
  • Changed: Assigned factor is now called Stress, and has been increased from 1 HP/day to 2 HP/day by default
  • Added: Stress management mechanics. Stress can be reduced by upgrading your Astronauts' Complex and training kerbals for specific vessels in order to reduce Stress (the latter is disabled by default if you are updating from previous versions). See readme (or post below) for details!
  • Changed: All health factors are now either their standard value or 0, depending on difficulty level
  • Changed: Nerfed quirks that affect Stress
  • Changed: KerbalHealth.cfg structure. It will affect any custom Kerbal Health configs!
  • Changed: Reduced debug log spam
  • Fixed: Display of balance HP in Health Report and health restoration ETA in Health Monitor
  • Fixed: Corruption of Kerbal Health data in some cases
  • Fixed: NRE when returning from EVA

Download here

The main change in version 1.4 is stress management and training mechanics.

Stress replaces the old Assigned factor. It drains a steady amount of health from every kerbal while they are on a mission. However, it is now much more important to manage it.

If you have training mechanics enabled (it will be disabled by default if you update from a previous version, but you can enable it in the settings), the amount of health Stress takes will depend on the kerbals' training level: the higher the training level, the lower the stress. A completely untrained kerbal will lose 2 HP/day to stress. It's a lot! So you better do something about it.

Kerbals need to be trained for every mission. Or more accurately, for every ship. Or, even more accurately, for every trainable part (as of now, these are all parts with crew capacity). Training takes time, so plan in advance. The more trainable parts you have in a vessel, the more time you need. However, if the kerbal has already been trained for this part type (e.g. Mk1 Command Pod), they will need only half the time. Training level is capped based on the level of Astronaut Complex (60%, 75% or 85% respectively).

In the Editor, assign crew to the ship you are going to launch, open the Health Report and click Train button. All kerbals in the list will start training, if they are at least 90% healthy. You can check the time required for training and the effects of training in the Health Report. Then save the vessel and exit the Editor (don't launch it yet!). Wait for the kerbals to finish their training. Then load the vessel and launch it.

Untrained kerbals will slowly get used to a vessel they are in, but it will take more time than in KSC (and they will suffer from higher Stress all that time).

If training is disabled, all kerbals' stress will be reduced as if they had been completely trained (i.e. depends only on the Astronaut Complex).

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! I Just installed the mod, latest version. I have a station equipped with 40,000 (+ -) electric charge, the station can hold around 24 kerbals, but was crewed with around 12 at the time. Mostly SSPER parts. The station have plenty of solar panels, fuel cells and L/O tanks for emergency shortage, but just loaded the game after KH was installed, and the whole 40k+ electric charge depleted rapidly just in a few minutes! That make it unpractical for me :/ ¿is there a way to reduce the electric charge consumption? Thank you in advance!

Edited by marioq70

On 1/20/2020 at 1:13 PM, garwel said:

Kerbals need to be trained for every mission. Or more accurately, for every ship. Or, even more accurately, for every trainable part (as of now, these are all parts with crew capacity). Training takes time, so plan in advance. The more trainable parts you have in a vessel, the more time you need. However, if the kerbal has already been trained for this part type (e.g. Mk1 Command Pod), they will need only half the time. Training level is capped based on the level of Astronaut Complex (60%, 75% or 85% respectively).

Is there any possibility of adding integration into this mod for Kerbal Construction Time to help manage the training time w/ ship building and such?

8 hours ago, marioq70 said:

Greetings! I Just installed the mod, latest version. I have a station equipped with 40,000 (+ -) electric charge, the station can hold around 24 kerbals, but was crewed with around 12 at the time. Mostly SSPER parts. The station have plenty of solar panels, fuel cells and L/O tanks for emergency shortage, but just loaded the game after KH was installed, and the whole 40k+ electric charge depleted rapidly just in a few minutes! That make it unpractical for me :/ ¿is there a way to reduce the electric charge consumption? Thank you in advance!

EC is consumed by health modules, some of which are quite hungry. You can disable unneeded modules in the PAW (right-click menu). Also note that the SSPX (SSPER) patch isn't very well-balanced at the moment. It will be fixed in the next release.

2 hours ago, aceman67 said:

Is there any possibility of adding integration into this mod for Kerbal Construction Time to help manage the training time w/ ship building and such?

I use KCT all the time (and indeed the training mechanic was conceived with that mod in mind), but I don't know how hard it is to integrate with Kerbal Health. TBH, I'm not even sure what such integration could look like. In KCT, you choose crew right before the launch, which is too late for training.

So the way I do it, I design the vessel in the editor, assign the crew, click Train (in Health Report) and Launch (to start building the vessel in KCT). I then make sure that by the time the vessel is ready all crew has completed training (and that I assign the right crew in KCT window). That's about it.