Jump to content

[1.8+] Kerbal Health 1.5.6 (2021-11-21)


garwel
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there a way for the "Connected" health factor to consider the Remote Tech connection to KSC? Ideally, this should scale with signal delay (if enabled) since feeling connected to home is a lot easier when you don't have to wait minutes or hours for a reply.

Additionally, and I'm not sure exactly how you might go about implementing it, but a connection to a base or orbital station with a crew compliment above a certain threshold (maybe 10 or 20) should count as some fraction of a connection to KSC. This would make it so that you could send a massive ship to Jool orbit where the signal delay might otherwise make the "connected" factor too small, but having so many kerbals in one place would give a boost to anyone exploring the Joolian moons. Similarly, being aboard a vessel with that many kerbals might be considered "Home" or potentially be worth some fraction of the "At KSC" factor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 7:29 AM, StarkRG said:

Is there a way for the "Connected" health factor to consider the Remote Tech connection to KSC? Ideally, this should scale with signal delay (if enabled) since feeling connected to home is a lot easier when you don't have to wait minutes or hours for a reply.

Sorry, but there are no plans to support RemoteTech connection state. I hope that eventually RemoteTech 2.0 will be released that is expected to be compatible with stock CommNet. If you only want RemoteTech for signal delay, I suggest that you try my other mod, aptly named Signal Delay (see link in my signature).

On 8/1/2021 at 7:29 AM, StarkRG said:

Additionally, and I'm not sure exactly how you might go about implementing it, but a connection to a base or orbital station with a crew compliment above a certain threshold (maybe 10 or 20) should count as some fraction of a connection to KSC. This would make it so that you could send a massive ship to Jool orbit where the signal delay might otherwise make the "connected" factor too small, but having so many kerbals in one place would give a boost to anyone exploring the Joolian moons. Similarly, being aboard a vessel with that many kerbals might be considered "Home" or potentially be worth some fraction of the "At KSC" factor.

The idea behind the "At KSC" factor is to allow kerbals to rest and recuperate at home, go on vacation, see their friends and family (if kerbals have a family, that is), you know, this kind of laid-back stuff. The "Home" factor means that kerbals are in a natural, familiar environment. Staying on a station packed with lots of other kerbals doesn't exactly count as that, because you are still in space, away from home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 3:19 AM, garwel said:

Sorry, but there are no plans to support RemoteTech connection state. I hope that eventually RemoteTech 2.0 will be released that is expected to be compatible with stock CommNet. If you only want RemoteTech for signal delay, I suggest that you try my other mod, aptly named Signal Delay (see link in my signature)

I want it for the more intuitive communication structure. How CommNet works just makes no sense to me.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:19 AM, garwel said:

The idea behind the "At KSC" factor is to allow kerbals to rest and recuperate at home, go on vacation, see their friends and family (if kerbals have a family, that is), you know, this kind of laid-back stuff. The "Home" factor means that kerbals are in a natural, familiar environment. Staying on a station packed with lots of other kerbals doesn't exactly count as that, because you are still in space, away from home.

But, surely, a colony should classify as their new home?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm taking a stab at making some MM patches for OPT space plane and Planetside Exploration Technologies, @garwel is there a methodology you use for the balance or is it all subjective? I will try to submit a PR once I figure out how github works. 

edit: also is there a way to set a static living-space/lounge configuration for a part with confinement factor? 

Edited by OldMold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I couldn't find an option to disable killing time warping for minor injury condition.

When you have large orbital station and kerbal are very safe, to have warp killed on every poisoned/loss poison is frustrating.

Edited by flart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you have current plans to re-work the Station Parts Expansion Redux patch to incorporate all of Nertea's new 1.875m and 5m parts?  In other words, if I spend time trying to do that myself (and then learning how github works), is it going to be totally wasted/duplicating work?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2021 at 7:06 PM, OldMold said:

I'm taking a stab at making some MM patches for OPT space plane and Planetside Exploration Technologies, @garwel is there a methodology you use for the balance or is it all subjective? I will try to submit a PR once I figure out how github works. 

edit: also is there a way to set a static living-space/lounge configuration for a part with confinement factor? 

Use this spreadsheet to calculate necessary values and, if needed, even generate the config for you. Note that some values there are quite arbitrary but for most of the stuff you can find analogues from other mods.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:14 PM, flart said:

I couldn't find an option to disable killing time warping for minor injury condition.

When you have large orbital station and kerbal are very safe, to have warp killed on every poisoned/loss poison is frustrating.

There is no such separate option. IIRC, you may either disable all timewarp killing or none.

 

On 8/28/2021 at 1:42 AM, eatU4myT said:

Do you have current plans to re-work the Station Parts Expansion Redux patch to incorporate all of Nertea's new 1.875m and 5m parts?  In other words, if I spend time trying to do that myself (and then learning how github works), is it going to be totally wasted/duplicating work?

I will get to it as soon as I resume playing KSP again, which may be tomorrow or may be next year. If you use the spreadsheet I linked above you most likely will have the same results as I would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

@garwel, please a couple of quick doubts:

1 - I understand kerbals can be 'trained' on a specific craft, and can become 'familiarized' with crewed pods. Both contribute to improving their endurance. Here's my doubt: the training applies for a saved craft, and it stays effective even if I later change non-pod parts on that same saved craft, right? So imagine i have a kerbal trained for a ship, then  later on some new solar panel technology appears, better landing gears, new science experiments. I open the same craft the kerbals already trained in, then change the panels on the existing craft, I replace the gears, I add new experiments and save the craft file under the same name - for all intents and purposes, an 'improvement' of the previous craft. Training remains effective doesn't it? As long as I dont change 'pods', which would be messing up too much. Did i get the rule right?

2  - Imagine I create a ship, say the appolo spacecraft, name it 'appolo, save it, and then I train a kerbal for it. Ok. Then I take the saturn V subassembly, attach to it, and create a new save file, lets call it 'saturn + appolo'. The training done in the other save file (just the craft) also applies automatically to the new save (same craft + subassembliy), right? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2021 at 8:03 PM, Daniel Prates said:

@garwel, please a couple of quick doubts:

1 - I understand kerbals can be 'trained' on a specific craft, and can become 'familiarized' with crewed pods. Both contribute to improving their endurance. Here's my doubt: the training applies for a saved craft, and it stays effective even if I later change non-pod parts on that same saved craft, right? So imagine i have a kerbal trained for a ship, then  later on some new solar panel technology appears, better landing gears, new science experiments. I open the same craft the kerbals already trained in, then change the panels on the existing craft, I replace the gears, I add new experiments and save the craft file under the same name - for all intents and purposes, an 'improvement' of the previous craft. Training remains effective doesn't it? As long as I dont change 'pods', which would be messing up too much. Did i get the rule right?

2  - Imagine I create a ship, say the appolo spacecraft, name it 'appolo, save it, and then I train a kerbal for it. Ok. Then I take the saturn V subassembly, attach to it, and create a new save file, lets call it 'saturn + appolo'. The training done in the other save file (just the craft) also applies automatically to the new save (same craft + subassembliy), right? 

Training doesn't care about ship names. Instead, it relies on KSP's internal id for parts. This id is generated whenever you put a new part in the editor. It also only takes into account parts with non-zero training complexity (which is usually 100% for crewable parts but may be different for some parts like airlocks).

So if you add or remove parts that have no training complexity (you can check it in the part tool tip in the editor), it doesn't impact training of your kerbals, no matter how you name the crafts and how many times you launch them. But if you rebuild the same vessel from scratch, the parts will have different ids and the kerbals will have to train for them again (although it will be faster as they are now "familiar" with these parts).

I know it's not exactly the simplest and most intuitive system, and maybe I'll change it in the future. You can mod some of its elements now. For instance, if you want your kerbals to have to train for new engines/solar panels/whatever, you can add KerbalHealth modules to these parts with some positive complexity values.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:32 PM, tonimark said:

i updated this mod to 1.5.5 but it doesn't work afterwards

I will need a more detailed description what went wrong and a log (with debug mode enabled).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Man this is aggravating....  here is a Mun station, complete with a centrifuge. Internal space and artificial gravity is enough so that the Kerbal can stay there indefinitely, as the monitor states.  But when I return to the KSC.... the data on the monitor changes. Confinement and microgravity for the very same Kerbal on the very same spot have worsened, so that he no longer has positive health increase, he has health deficit and will eventually die. When I return to the station, the monitor again shows the correct data.  

Anyone has a clue on why, on the KSC, the factors are being computed differently? 

 

ksQokaO.png

 

YYhBhFa.png

 

9Dvbrk6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lookolookthefox said:

Is there any way to add the meditation and R&R modules for the new 1.875 en 5 m cupolas of SSPX? I've been able to do it for the 1.25 and 3.75 meter once, since those get mentioned in the SSPX patch, but adding in the other cupola's doesn't work for me.

It will be in the next release. If you don't want to wait, you can download the new SSPX patch now and replace the one in your KerbalHealth\Patches folder.

 

11 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Man this is aggravating....  here is a Mun station, complete with a centrifuge. Internal space and artificial gravity is enough so that the Kerbal can stay there indefinitely, as the monitor states.  But when I return to the KSC.... the data on the monitor changes. Confinement and microgravity for the very same Kerbal on the very same spot have worsened, so that he no longer has positive health increase, he has health deficit and will eventually die. When I return to the station, the monitor again shows the correct data.  

Anyone has a clue on why, on the KSC, the factors are being computed differently? 

Can you enable debug logging in Kerbal Health settings and share a log (when inside the station and when at KSC)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, garwel said:

Can you enable debug logging in Kerbal Health settings and share a log (when inside the station and when at KSC

 

Sure. Just explain me how/where from extract the logs.

 

@garwel I am asking because I don't know how to make different logs. As far as I know, the player.log file is made when I exit to main menu, isn't it? How do I make two logs, one in ksc and other commanding the station?

I will try loading the game, reverting to desktop with the game running, save the log, go back to the game, go to the station, go to desktop again and save the log again. I hope that generates two different logs.

Edited by Daniel Prates
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

 

Sure. Just explain me how/where from extract the logs.

 

@garwel I am asking because I don't know how to make different logs. As far as I know, the player.log file is made when I exit to main menu, isn't it? How do I make two logs, one in ksc and other commanding the station?

I will try loading the game, reverting to desktop with the game running, save the log, go back to the game, go to the station, go to desktop again and save the log again. I hope that generates two different logs.

If you use Windows, just open the game's Steam folder and take KSP.log after enabling debug mode in the Kerbal Health's settings, jumping to the vessel and back to KSC. This file logs everything that happened from the moment you run the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it is not about the KSC, kerbal stats are different depending on the vessel is loaded or unloaded (in background).

(on an active vessel, a kerbal HP Change is 0.54, I switch to an other vessel, and the same kerbal HP change on the unloaded vessel is 0.02)

Spoiler

CSdF0SI.jpeg

PJjI4Jq.jpeg

ksp.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-h37XyFVvyc0ovqEH
player.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-h39t8W38tNFTZWx3

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, flart said:

it is not about the KSC, kerbal stats are different depending on the vessel is loaded or unloaded (in background).

(on an active vessel, a kerbal HP Change is 0.54, I switch to an other vessel, and the same kerbal HP change on the unloaded vessel is 0.02)

  Reveal hidden contents

CSdF0SI.jpeg

PJjI4Jq.jpeg

ksp.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-h37XyFVvyc0ovqEH
player.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-h39t8W38tNFTZWx3

 

Well @flart beat me to it. In any case, here too are my logs, both ksp and player. Debug mode enabled. You will see i entered KSC, then the station, then I enabled 'debug mode', then I went back to KSC, then back to the Station:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wv6cwe20y5oj087/AAB6x6SsKeQZYBhDXBgyOeIpa?dl=0

You see @garwel if it is indeed the case - KH computes differently the factors when the vessel is loaded and when it is in the background - that would sure be a good thing to look into. This by all mean doesn't make the mod "unplayable", bu all means, but it kinda forces you to keep your eyes on the vessel at all times if it is a long voyage, say a manned flyby to any other planet. Leaving it alone for some time to take care of some other thing elsewhere could be fatal to the kerbals you left behind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow yeah - its such a huge difference too, time gets cut by more than half.  Looked at my space station and crew is about 115 days when craft is loaded, and 50 days when in background.

Looking at detail differences, looks like Microgravity, Connection, and Confinement are calculated differently.

Loaded:

g4bgClt.png

Background:

7vWtVnM.png

Edited by OldMold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to know it is not just me.

Of course you can always enjoy the mod's many features loading the craft and minding it 100% of the time, but it does kill sime possibilities, like manning a station and leaving them there while you concentrate elsewhere.

Well, Garwel being the wizard he is, if there is a way to make the stats compute equally for loaded and unloaded vessels, he will find it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, Daniel Prates said:

Man this is aggravating....  here is a Mun station, complete with a centrifuge. Internal space and artificial gravity is enough so that the Kerbal can stay there indefinitely, as the monitor states.  But when I return to the KSC.... the data on the monitor changes. Confinement and microgravity for the very same Kerbal on the very same spot have worsened, so that he no longer has positive health increase, he has health deficit and will eventually die. When I return to the station, the monitor again shows the correct data.  

Anyone has a clue on why, on the KSC, the factors are being computed differently? 

 

ksQokaO.png

 

YYhBhFa.png

 

9Dvbrk6.png

i have the same issue posted it on github

this issue is very annoying regarding colony creation i am disabling this mod until an update is pushed out 

Edited by tonimark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kerbal Health 1.5.6

  • Compiled for KSP 1.12.2
  • Changed: Updated SSPX config
  • Fixed: Factor multipliers (e.g. artificial gravity effects) weren't saved and therefore didn't apply if the vessel wasn't loaded
  • Fixed: Error in KSP 1.12.2 when another mod (such as Ship Manifest) uses CLSInterfaces.dll
  • Fixed: Some edge cases for loaded but packed vessels (hopefully)
  • A bit of optimization of the health update loop

Download here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...