[1.8+] Kerbal Health 1.6.8 (2024-01-22)

garwel

43 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

KCT deals with construction, not training.  I would suggest that you possibly look at this mod

I know, I'm a big fan of KCT myself. The request here was that Kerbal Health add a timer to the KCT window for when training (which is managed by KH) is complete.

RP-1 also implements training.  (I'm pretty sure it somehow prevents untrained astronauts from boarding capsules.   It also has its own UI for displaying training status and can optionally add an alarm to KAC.  And of course it is fully integrated with KCT).

1 hour ago, AVaughan said:

RP-1 also implements training.  (I'm pretty sure it somehow prevents untrained astronauts from boarding capsules.   It also has its own UI for displaying training status and can optionally add an alarm to KAC.  And of course it is fully integrated with KCT).

RP-1 as a complete overhaul of KSP is probably incompatible (or unbalanced) with most Kerbal Health's mechanics anyway. I haven't even researched any manned parts in my RP-1 playthrough, so I wonder if anyone else tried it.

I wasn't meaning to suggest actually adding kerbal health to an RP-1 install.  Instead I was meaning to suggest you want closer integration between Kerbal Health's training mechanic and KCT, then it might be worth looking at how RP-1 achieves the that.

If you are feeling adventurous, you may check out the second and, hopefully, last beta of Kerbal Health 1.4. Lots of new stuff, 87% more fun and 130% more autonomous combustion! This may be the last version to support KSP 1.7.3.

Kerbal Health 1.4-pre.2

Changes since 1.4-pre.1:

• KSP 1.7.3 or earlier
  • Added: Solar radiation storms (radstorms). They are relatively rare (on average once 820 days), but can be extremely powerful, especially for kerbals in the interplanetary space. However, if your vessel has a shelter (which is any set of parts with maximum shielding, where your entire crew can fit, the kerbals are considered to go there automatically. See readme for more details.
  • Added: Localization (big thanks to tinygrox). Only English and Chinese (an incomplete translation) are supported now, but feel free to submit localized files. Please note that I don't offer any support for localization.
  • Added: All crewable parts now have training complexity, which depends on their features (e.g., simple habs have 50%, command modules and labs 100% and some very complex things 150%)
  • Changed: Nominal Solar Radiation was reduced from 5000 to 2500, Galactic Cosmic Radiation from 15000 to 12500 to compensate for radstorms
  • Changed: Default high-orbit magnetosphere coefficient increased from 30% to 40%
  • Changed: Radiation now (usually very slowly) reduces HP, not just max HP
  • Changed: Training and Decontamination duration now scale with day length
  • Changed: Tweaked living space amount (mostly reduced by a tiny bit) and some parts' features
  • Changed: Most settings are now independent of difficulty level; the difference is that some more complex systems are disabled for easier levels
  • Changed: Blizzy's Toolbar Button setting is replaced with AppLauncher Button
  • Changed: UI tweaks in Health Monitor, Health Report and Training Info windows
  • Fixed: Exposure didn't reset after recovering a kerbal (purely aesthetic thing) + a few other small bugs

Download here

5 hours ago, flart said:

Could you also add to the Health Monitor table a marker of the kerbal traits (Bob Kerman (S)) and the quirk column (names or number of quirk as digits, or as repeating char "+" "++", ) 

I guess so.

I proudly present one of the biggest updates of Kerbal Health ever:

Kerbal Health 1.4

• Compiled for KSP 1.8.1. Not compatible with KSP 1.7.3 and older!
  • Added: Stress management mechanics. Stress factor (previously known as Assigned) can be reduced by upgrading your Astronauts' Complex and/or training kerbals for specific vessels (the latter is disabled by default if you are updating from previous versions). Training time depends on the number and complexity of parts and kerbal's familiarity with them
  • Added: Solar radiation storms (radstorms). They are relatively rare (on average once per 820 days), but can be extremely powerful, especially for kerbals in the interplanetary space. However, if your vessel has a shelter (which is any set of parts with maximum shielding, where your entire crew can fit, the kerbals are considered to go there automatically. See readme for more details.
  • Added: Localization (big thanks to tinygrox). Only English and Chinese (an incomplete translation) are supported now, but feel free to submit localized files. Please note that I don't offer any support for localization.
  • Added: Compatibility patches for Near Future Exploration, Near Future Spacecraft, Probes Before Crew, ReStock+
  • Added: Kerbals' traits and experience levels are now indicated in the Health Monitor and Health Report
  • Changed: Tweaked living space amount (mostly reduced by a tiny bit) and some parts' features for nearly all mods
  • Changed: Nominal Solar Radiation was reduced from 5000 to 2500, Galactic Cosmic Radiation from 15000 to 12500 to compensate for radstorms
  • Changed: Default high-orbit magnetosphere coefficient increased from 30% to 40%
  • Changed: Radiation now (usually very slowly) reduces HP, not just max HP
  • Changed: Training and Decontamination duration now scale with day length
  • Changed: Health is now updated every 30 seconds by default, up from 10 (for new games only)
  • Changed: Most settings are now independent of difficulty level; the difference is that some more complex systems are disabled for easier levels
  • Changed: Blizzy's Toolbar Button setting is replaced with AppLauncher Button
  • Changed: UI tweaks in Health Monitor, Health Report and Training Info windows
  • Changed: Nerfed quirks that affect Stress
  • Changed: KerbalHealth.cfg structure. All configs are now kept within KERBALHEALTH_CONFIG node. It will affect any custom Kerbal Health configs! (attention modders!)
  • Changed: Reduced debug log spam
  • Fixed: Stock Mk2 Landing Cabin was missing a config
  • Fixed: Display of balance HP in Health Report and health restoration ETA in Health Monitor
  • Fixed: Corruption of Kerbal Health data in some cases
  • Fixed: Exposure didn't reset after recovering a kerbal (purely aesthetic thing) + a few other small bugs
  • Fixed: NRE when returning from EVA
  • Too many various small changes to remember

Note: Be careful updating an existing game, if you have important ongoing manned missions. Some configs have changed and new mechanics are in place, which may negatively affect your kerbals' chances of survival! Check out the readme, wiki and the game settings.

Download here

Edited by garwel

Hotfix for v1.4

Kerbal Health 1.4.1

• Added: Show health module title(s) for EC usage data to help distinguish between multiple health modules
  • Changed: No longer showing part's persistent id in PAW
  • Fixed: Reset and Train buttons' labels in Health Report were swapped
  • Fixed: Annual solar weather summary didn't display on high timewarp

Download here

Edited by garwel

Cheerrs for the update Pal.

Anyone have any issues with rescues kerbals recovering to Kerbin with training enabled.

'[EXC 20:39:55.291] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.TrainVessel (Vessel v) (at <7cd891f768c14bf491f07256806d7dc7>:0)
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.UpdateKerbals (System.Boolean forced) (at <7cd891f768c14bf491f07256806d7dc7>:0)
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.FixedUpdate () (at <7cd891f768c14bf491f07256806d7dc7>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object).

6 minutes ago, WhitestWizard said:

Cheerrs for the update Pal.

Anyone have any issues with rescues kerbals recovering to Kerbin with training enabled.

'[EXC 20:39:55.291] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.TrainVessel (Vessel v) (at <7cd891f768c14bf491f07256806d7dc7>:0)
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.UpdateKerbals (System.Boolean forced) (at <7cd891f768c14bf491f07256806d7dc7>:0)
    KerbalHealth.KerbalHealthScenario.FixedUpdate () (at <7cd891f768c14bf491f07256806d7dc7>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object).

Thanks for reporting this. I think I know where it comes from. Try changing scene (switch to KSC and back) and see if it goes away. I'll try to fix it in the next update.

Appreciate the rapid response. That error message spams the log infinite times, was unable to change scene once I landed the rescued kerbal back to Kerbin. Clicking on space centre, tracking station, recover vessel etc had no effect. Attempted to swap vessel through Kerbin engineer without success. 

I alt+f4 and reloaded the game. My game loaded to my autosave where the kerbal was already in my rescue craft. I backed out and edited my save (kerbal health scenario) to remove any reference to the rescue pod he was spawned in. This allowed me to land mt rescue craft and recover to space centre without error. 

On 1/20/2017 at 1:04 PM, garwel said:

banana equivalent doses (when you eat a banana, you get approximately 1e-7 Sv of radiation). 1e7 (10M) bananas reduce max HP by 10%; 1e8 (100M) bananas kill a kerbal

Can I just say how brilliant / amusing this is to use the "banana metric" for radiation calculations? :)

I played with Kerbal Health a ways back and anyways I'm thinking I'll bring it back for my next 1.8.x playthrough.