[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

15 hours ago, FirroSeranel said:

Thanks for the update!

The life support module, however, has the wrong resources for MKS. The three-resource mode has Supplies, Oxygen, and Water. It should be Supplies, Fertilizer, and Mulch. The three single-resource modes are correct.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again. *hugs*

No rush though. It's simple enough to use the main unit full of supplies, and a couple of undercarriage pods for the other two until it's fixed. Plus I don't actually use Fertilizer or Mulch on rovers anyway, as trying to fit any kind of greenhouse big enough to be useful for more than one kerbal is almost impossible on a rover.

D'oh! Thats what happens when one wants to make the fix too fast. Will take care of that in the next update :wink: 

One thing i noticed while trying to use stock small radial engines to land and fly around on minmus is that different wheels have different height, which makes using different wheels on a single rover completely impossible. I just removed wheels from the middle, where engines are, but it seems to be a little bit strange... is it intended?

1 hour ago, Sebra said:

Why I cannot use mirror mode placing canisters?

Where are canister for ore?

What is the red flash in cabin, I see ocassionally?

1. Because Stack-Symmetry does not seem to work with the shape of the parts.
  2. There is none. I didn't see any reason to have a canister for such a small amount of Ore
  3. The red lights are the lights from the read. There seems to be a bug in KSP when switching into another reference frame...It is the same bug that causes smoke from the engines to come from the front sometimes while flying horizontally.
28 minutes ago, Lightwarrior said:

One thing i noticed while trying to use stock small radial engines to land and fly around on minmus is that different wheels have different height, which makes using different wheels on a single rover completely impossible. I just removed wheels from the middle, where engines are, but it seems to be a little bit strange... is it intended?

It is intentional that the wheels have a different height. I never considered them the be used together in one rover.

Edited by Nils277

5 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

I didn't see any reason to have a canister for such a small amount of Ore

I have a drills and a converter. But they seems cannot work without any ore storage at all. I hoped single minor ore storage can help them connect each other.

9 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

The red lights are the lights from the read. There seems to be a bug in KSP when switching into another reference frame...It is the same bug that causes smoke from the engines to come from the front sometimes while flying horizontally.

You mean rear probably. I drive in KSC and seems to cross biome borders. Speed was about 30 m/s.

12 minutes ago, Sebra said:

I have a drills and a converter. But they seems cannot work without any ore storage at all. I hoped single minor ore storage can help them connect each other.

You mean rear probably. I drive in KSC and seems to cross biome borders. Speed was about 30 m/s.

Jep, meant rear. Maybe it is also related to biomes. I can't do much about this unfortunately...it bugs me too :wink: 

Hmm...i guess you have to stick to the small freight container then (for the time being). Maybe i'll add someting for that in the future.

Edited by Nils277

Suppose I want to see the parts ONLY in the "rovers" category and not in the other (nodes, utilities, etc) ones. What config sessions are required? The names of the configuration options are a bit confusing for me.

Hi @Nils277,

Since the last update, I'm having trouble with the FUR with JSI Transparent Pods.

Specifically, in the SPH, if I put down a Lynx Cockpit, and then turn Transparent Pods to Always On, it crashes to desktop after moving the camera around for a few seconds..

Logs and dump file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzmApevAhiLTkk5RXpDd054ckU/view?usp=sharing

I posted the same thing in the Transparent Pods thread.

Edited by FirroSeranel

3 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nils

Lynx SEP Central station needs to be moved to science tab 

V/R

rafi

You are right, will move it there in the next update.

12 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Suppose I want to see the parts ONLY in the "rovers" category and not in the other (nodes, utilities, etc) ones. What config sessions are required? The names of the configuration options are a bit confusing for me.

This funtionality is not enabled at the moment. If you want i will do this in the next update.

7 hours ago, Spin said:

Headlights with the power of Kerbol.xilmSmk.jpg

Woah! Are those the lights from the rover without any changes? 
Edit: Just tested...i can reproduce this....This is VERY weird. I checked (and also logged it with the plugin) that the lights only have a range of 60m.
I got the craft in orbit with the cheat menu. Can someone confirm that the same happens when traveling there the "normal" way?

Edited by Nils277

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

You are right, will move it there in the next update.

This funtionality is not enabled at the moment. If you want i will do this in the next update.

Edit: Just tested...i can reproduce this....This is VERY weird. I checked (and also logged it with the plugin) that the lights only have a range of 60m.
I got the craft in orbit with the cheat menu. Can someone confirm that the same happens when traveling there the "normal" way?

Yep just launched a Lynx shuttle in a fresh sandbox. Cockpit headlights light the planet

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Yes, I took the rover in SSTO made with Mark IV from Nertea and B9 Aerospace from blowfish. They are the stock lights of the rover.

Edited by Spin

3 minutes ago, Spin said:

Yes, I took the rover in SSTO made with Mark IV from Nertea and B9 Aerospace from blowfish. They are the stock lights of the rover.

Yep, have veryfied it in the meantime and opened a thread to get help with that :wink: It's a really weird bug.

15 minutes ago, ZewelVonLelek said:

Had the same problem with B9 lights... I wonder if it is a stock problem, too...

I have also tried with the stock lights and they do not. I'm pretty sure there is some setting for the lights i'm not aware of. 

Edited by Nils277

Hello @Nils277, no rush needed to fix the fiters right now, I'm happy to know it will get done eventually. The “real bugs” need priority and there's no reason to let everyone wait on those just to cater to my OCD.

I only now noticed that there's no need to fold the wheels as they already fit aw Mk-3!

Thanks again for the great mod, it's already put to use.

Well they "kind of" fit a Mk 3...

Anyway, Nils, the same thing with the headlights is also happening with the docking clamp lights in Ven's... and then some other lights in Ven's simply don't work at all. I'm guessing they changed something significant in the way lights work recently. Might want to check patch notes and/or ask Roverdude, as he's fairly likely to know what's up.

I'm seeing an issue trying to use the rover wheels. This happens with both the Paw and Talon wheels. I seem unable to get them to rotate properly to set them on the right side of my rover. I get 90 degrees from where I want to be, hit D to rotate, but the rotation rotates 90 degrees in the wrong direction. Hopefully this graphic will help show what happens. 

wwbCuJ1.png

@slackitude This is weird...i just tried the exact same thing and the wheels rotate as one would expect and are correct for that side after S -> D -> D.
Do you have any mods installed that alter the way things are build in the Editor?

Does anyone else have this bug? 

1 minute ago, slackitude said:

@Nils277 Thanks for checking. I was wondering about mods... Yes I have more than a few. I suspect Editor Extensions Redux or Part Angle Display. I'll do some testing to see if I can figure out which one it is. 

I run Editor Extensions with no issues. I've had many issues with Part Angle Display, though, so I'd guess that's the cuprit.

Hey @Nils277,

This isn't necessarily a "bug" per se, but I've noticed that your wheels (and many other mods' wheels) seem to set their steering angles based on the CoM.

This means with some rover designs, if I want car-like steering, I have to set all wheels behind the CoM to not steer.

On the contrary, stock wheels adjust their steering center on the fly, seemingly based on wheel geometry. So regardless of where the CoM is, a wheel under the vehicle's geometric center doesn't steer if all wheels are steerable. Then if you switch steering off on only the rear-most wheels, all the wheels ahead of it switch their steering to be proportional and directional based on that.

I'm just wondering why that is. I prefer the stock steering behavior, as it allows more variation in steering methods, and tighter turning radii (with car-like steering rather than all-wheel steering).

I can take some pictures if this doesn't make sense.

Nevermind, stock wheels don't do the behavior I was describing anymore either. It must have changed when they revamped wheels in general. :(

Also, this one is sort of a "bug" though I don't know if it's just me or everyone... the wheels rotate faster than they should. If I move very slowly (0.5 m/s or so), the rim is approximately equaling the ground speed, but the tire tread is moving significantly faster (40% or so I'd say). Again, might just be me.

44 minutes ago, slackitude said:

@FirroSeranel Thank you. Yes, Part Angle Display was the issue, I was just trying it out. No more! Thankfully it was something I didn't love like Editor Extensions. 

Yeah, agreed. It... I want to like PAD, but I just don't. It gets in its own way too much. If there was a way to just have one single part bring up a UI with its current XYZ angles, and a text box or buttons to fine-tune them, that would be awesome, but the global shift of angle notches is just a pain.

Edited by FirroSeranel

Question: how are the joints supposed to work? I put adapter-joint-adapter, unlock them and even though I turn to the sides but thing continues to remain rigid. Here's a screenshot of the rover I'm using to test. I tried to fill the ore container in the back, but still no results. I don't have KJR installed

hR6Pqlb.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.